Why is abortion WRONG, but the death penalty OKAY??!!

BlueRepublican 2012/04/29 20:13:53
Pro-life advocates rally around their cause as the battle to "protect the sanctity of LIFE"
They claim that LIFE begans at conception and that LIFE is sacred and that we must protect the unborn. Pro-choice advocates argue that the female body and its contents are property of the individual.

Let's look at the issue from a couple of different perspectives. The U.S. Constitution states that we have a right to our "LIFE" and that it a right is derived from our "Creator." If we follow the Constitution, then the GOVT does not have the authority to take away something that it has not itself given to the individual, like his/her LIFE.

As a society influenced by Judeo-Christian values, then it is appropiate to use the Bible as a good reference. One of the 10 Commandments given to Moses was "Thou shall not kill." This implies that we do not have the authority to take the LIFE of another individual only their "Creator" does.

In conclusion, is it not the same act in the end? Is it not taking the life of another human being? Does the location (womb or exectution chamber) really make the difference?

Some argue that the child is innocent and the inmate is guilty. They also counter that there are acts so heinous that they deserve the ultimate punishment. I can understand this, but doesn't rotting away in a dark hole forever inflict more punishment than a 1-hour sedated execution?

So, to all you pro-life, death-penalty supporters...

• JessyBear 2012/04/29 20:31:46
    JessyBear
    +13
    Innocent life verses criminal. Humm.... I thought that was an easy one to figure out. One hurts society and one is a blessing from God. People have free will and when people do things that are clearly horribly wrong like kill or raping another human being, sentencing them to death is not murder it's justice. PS rotting away in a hole does inflict more punishment, if you take away the tv, the education, the medical care, the visitation right and all the other things our modern day system holds. Hell some of these places sound like country clubs with weight room and basketball courts - so why not opt to rid our society of such evil.

• Ginai Doma 2014/02/08 00:45:39
    Ginai Doma
    The 7th commandment of the 10 commandments says, Thou shall not commit murder.
    It is often misquoted as thou shall not kill. There is a distinct difference from killing and murdering a person.
    As far as protecting the unborn...they are innocent lives. Criminals who perform violent crimes are guilty and deserve death. As the bible states (paraphrased), those who perform such atrocities, for the good of society, must be eliminated.
  • fooley177 2014/02/07 20:46:45
    fooley177
    A fetus never murdered anyone. Some former humans do not deserve the opportunity to share our oxygen supply, and they should just be flushed down the toilet. These are the individuals who should never have been born in the first place, so the death penalty is just a correction of nature. I believe in an eye for a tooth and a brain for an eye.
  • Haley Martin 2014/01/23 19:50:19
    Haley Martin
    Yeah the Bible says "thou shall not kill".... but what does the Bible say should be done with someone who breaks that commandment. yeah. They are to be put to death. So clearly "thou shall not kill" does not apply to legal execution.
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/12/29 17:20:42 (edited)
  • meshell 2012/05/03 08:15:26
    meshell
    JessyBear , child or criminal, they were both a gift from god..
  • Chaya2010 2012/05/01 20:10:42
    Chaya2010
    The massive difference an existing life which is sentient with a given amount of live experience can potentially be killed and be innocent of a crime. The other if the termination is early enough will not have had a sentient life, no pain systems or known what life is in any meaningful sense. Its flawed reasoning people miscarry for example.
  • Joe61 2012/05/01 10:10:41
    Joe61
    Simple answer... Abortion is about killing the innocent. Whereas, the death penal is about Killing the guilty!
  • William 2012/05/01 07:13:13
    William
    Pro-life means protecting human life. A consistent view would be to oppose abortions for convenience, the death penalty and war for any reason other than defense of home land. Unfortunately, many drink from the neo-conservative trough.
  • Shrinking Violet 2012/04/30 22:58:27
    Shrinking Violet
    +2
    for obvious reasons. i can't believe people use this "argument", but oh well.

babies are innocent. if you don't want to be bothered with one, get yourself neutered instead of causing an innocent person pain/death. or give it up for adoption.

criminals are not innocent. those that kill and rape deserve the same, which is death. if the justice system got to be very good at enforcing the death penalty for murder/rape, i believe it would be a deterrent. it is done humanely, for the sake of the executioners. it is done for the sake of the victims family. murderers die in much more peace than their victims. do you think Bundy suffered 1/100 of what he dealt out? HELL NO he didn't. and just because he is one of the worst doesn't mean the others are any less deserving. i haven't a shred of sympathy, all of mine is for the victim's family because they ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO DESERVE IT.

here is what "rotting away in a dark hole forever" means
    1) we have to pay for their life forever (while innocent people starve in foreign countries),
    2) they always have the possibility for escape or being set free because we can't afford to keep them there.
    3) if you think the death penalty is so cruel, how does arguing that imprisonment in order to "inflict more punishmen...

3) if you think the death penalty is so cruel, how does arguing that imprisonment in order to "inflict more punishment" even make sense? make up your mind, is it wrong because it is "cruel," or is it wrong because it is "not cruel enough?"
    4) if you read the commandments in hebrew, you would see that the actual word used is MURDER, not KILL. big difference. especially since the bible also says that murderers should die. its clearly not a contradiction.
  • stevegt... Shrinki... 2012/12/29 17:22:24
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/04/30 22:26:45
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    OMG, this is one of those stupid questions that make facepalms slap all over the place. Unborn babies are innocent of any crime. A murderer is not innocent, he is an affront to mankind. What kind of person does not understand this?!
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/04/30 22:23:26 (edited)
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    It's just one example of liberal hypocrisy. It's part of a LONG list.

Click the image to read the list

Double standards
  • Shae 2012/04/30 22:07:37
    Shae
    +2
    I'm more curious why abortion is OK and the death penalty is WRONG?
  • stevegt... Shae 2012/12/29 17:22:56
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/04/30 20:34:56
  • Kane Fernau 2012/04/30 15:46:05
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Kill the innocent and spare the guilty?
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/04/30 14:21:05
  • CAPISCE 2012/04/30 13:45:01
    CAPISCE
    +4
    Why? Here's why? A baby has the right to life, if that baby grows up to rape and kill a child he deserves to die.
  • American☆Atheist 2012/04/30 12:46:53
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    the right-wing thinks that zygotes are babies and they don't realize that we get the wrong guy sometimes for the death penalty and that it is unconstitutional.
  • CAPISCE America... 2012/04/30 13:46:38
    CAPISCE
    +2
    Right wing nuts? Obama , the Liberal Messiah is pro death penalty
  • America... CAPISCE 2012/04/30 14:09:15
    American☆Atheist
    obama is right wing
  • CAPISCE America... 2012/04/30 14:11:29
  • CAPISCE CAPISCE 2012/04/30 14:23:16
    CAPISCE
    +3
    If you think Obama is Right wing you must be Abbey Hoffman
  • ScottyG... CAPISCE 2012/05/01 02:14:32
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Or Van Jones.
  • John "By God" American 2012/04/30 11:07:39
    John "By God" American
    +2
    A criminal makes a choice to commit his crime and has the opportunity to defend him or herself in a court of law. A baby has no say whatsoever in the matter and are allowed to be executed at the whim of the mother...
  • darthtbone 2012/04/30 10:38:57
    darthtbone
    +3
    An unborn baby has committed no crime, has murdered no and has raped no one. Criminals who are on death row have committed the worst crimes. I guess the real question is, Why is it OK to murder a baby, but liberals show up in numbers to uphold and protest the death penalty of the Tookie's of the world?
  • Wretha S 2012/04/30 08:30:53
    Wretha S
    +5
    Just a scenario, but still food for thought...

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in k...

what s the difference

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please SHARE.

Together we can help save precious lives!

Love says, 'I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.' Abortion says, 'I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.'
  • truthzx95 Wretha S 2012/04/30 12:18:04
    truthzx95
    +3
    never heard that one before. great analogy.
  • CAPISCE Wretha S 2012/04/30 23:14:25
    CAPISCE
    +2
    A father tries desperately to convince the mother to have the baby, he says he wants very badly to raise the child on his own----the mom says no, I have met a new man and he won't like the fact I have a baby from another man. The man/father has no rights and the baby is terminated/killed. That's the reality of abortion and how it relates to fathers. That's a woman's right to choose,---it's absurd.
  • Shae CAPISCE 2012/05/09 13:51:54
    Shae
    +1
    Good point
  • John James 2012/04/30 07:03:33
    John James
    +2
    Abortion when used as Birth control is wrong. The death penalty ensures a murderer will never murder again
  • AL 2012/04/30 06:56:08
    AL
    +4
    Maybe its only because the unborn are innocent of any crime and killers aren't perhaps!
    you folks have all these wondrous opinions on killing people all day long, a life taken is a life wasted. a person doing the killing be it a selfish woman wanting to rid her child or a cold blooded person who got thru some form of life. they are both held for what they do in the end. all you could do is isolate yourself from them or them from us. but none the less, none of you should try to act as if you would pass the judgement yourself, what place do you put yourself?? then you will become the killer and in your mind you may feel it is right , but in your heart it will haunt you till the end of your days, it will be something you never forget and when you least expect it. it will show in your nightmares. beware what you ask for.
  • S* 2012/04/30 05:50:02
    S*
    situational ethics. Merely that.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/04/30 05:48:29
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    I agree with this sentiment.
  • bettyboop 2012/04/30 05:25:34
    bettyboop
    +2
    I never said the death penalty was wrong. Abortion should NOT be used as a form of birth control, period. There is a time and place when it is needed, but otherwise people need to use birth control measures or keep their pants on!
  • TheMadChameleon 2012/04/30 05:11:32
    TheMadChameleon
    I've never understood it. To me, pro-life means pro LIFE. The fact that a non-dead human is, in fact, alive, does not change after they have committed a crime. People who claim to be pro-life but support the death penalty are making a false claim. Not saying that it is not a valid view (though it is one with which I disagree) but to support killing while calling oneself pro-LIFE is technically incorrect.
  • CAPISCE TheMadC... 2012/04/30 13:42:31 (edited)
    CAPISCE
    +1
    A baby deserves a chance at life, if that baby grows up to rape and kill a child it deserves death, that's a totally logical stance.
    With your logic an abortion rights activist must be pro death penalty.
  • TheMadC... CAPISCE 2012/04/30 18:40:01
    TheMadChameleon
    No, with my logic you need to define your terms more accurately. I am not saying that being against abortion and pro death penalty is invalid. I am saying that to call oneself pro LIFE while supporting DEATH in any form is to lie about your true beliefs. These things called words: they have a thing called meaning. One's heart does not stop beating when one commits a crime worthy of the death penalty; their heart beats, their body flows, they continue to grow, age, heal, ect. They are technically alive--their actions do not change that. Therefore, if you support killing them, and you call yourself pro LIFE, you are a liar.
  • Ginai Doma TheMadC... 2014/02/08 00:56:18
    Ginai Doma
    Pro-life is just a label. The people who call themselves Pro-Choice can fall into the same category. Shouldn't they be labelled as Pro-Infanticide?

2014/08/27 17:27:39