Why I believe Liberals have arrested development

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/17 19:59:14
Arrested development - I agree
It goes *way* deeper than that
My hair is a bird - your argument is invalid
There's a common belief that political Liberals just can't help being Liberals. I've come to agree with that belief.

Some may chalk it up to "mental illness", and while that may be so, I've arrived at a different explanation: "arrested development." It's my view that Liberals' development has been arrested somewhere in the 8 - 12 year old range.

Why do I believe this? Well, if you look at the various views that Liberals hold, the common thread is they're all very child-like. They never seem to acknowledge the principles by which the adult world operates.

For example, Liberals always seem to want everything to be "fair". If anyone has a nice house, then everyone should have a nice house. If anyone owns a cell phone, everyone should own a cell phone. If anyone has cable TV, everyone should have cable TV.

Also as with children, Liberals accept at face value everything their leaders say, and believe in their hearts that everything their leaders do is right. In other words, Liberals view their political leaders very much the way children view their Mommies and Daddies.

And when Mommy and Daddy don't "like" someone, children usually don't
like them either. This explains why Liberals view everything their opponents say and do as "bad", even while their Mommies and Daddies do the same exact things!

A great example of this is that when a Republican President taps foreign phone calls made by suspected terrorists, Liberals scream bloody murder and it's the end of civil rights. But when Daddy murders suspected terrorists in cold blood without a trial, Liberals brag about it on bumper stickers and consider it a winning campaign issue!

And like children, Liberals exhibit childhood rebellion. Liberals freely acknowledge that they love to be "edgy": primarily defined by including the f-word in the entertainment they produce and consume - and in their everyday speech. What clearer form of childish rebellion is there than the thrill of saying "dirty words?

As with children, Liberals lack perspective on events and issues because they have little knowledge of history.

The best example is how they view the attacks on President Obama as "racism", completely ignorant of the fact that the last time a Liberal was in the White House (Clinton), he was white - and was attacked with equal, if not greater, intensity.

We're all well aware of how children lack any sense of the value of money. To children - and to Liberals - money is something that is just always "there", but comes from somewhere else.

Left to their own devices, children will spend whatever money they have, and whatever they can borrow from others, like there's no tomorrow. This explains why the current administration has racked up more debt than all previous administrations combined.

But let's keep in mind the biggest difference between children and Liberals. Whereas it's difficult if not impossible to disown children - to kick them out - before they're 18 years old, it will be a lot easier to kick out this Liberal administration when it's only 4 years old!

• Butch 2012/08/21 14:47:00
  • D34dIndian 2012/08/21 00:44:54
    It goes *way* deeper than that
    D34dIndian
    lol, never heard any of that before. I do not even want touch that because I want Republicans all to start saying that. lol
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/08/20 07:29:59
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Arrested development? No. Mentally ill? No. Just humane. But, I can see where you got confused.
  • Maddog 2012/08/19 19:36:27
    Arrested development - I agree
    Maddog
    +4
    I concur and so, apparently, do others! Veteran psychiatrist, Dr. Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., in his book entitled "THE LIBERAL MIND:The Psychological Causes of
    Political Madness", makes a very convincing case that the mental-emotional world of leftists is actually tantamount to a mental disorder.

Says Rossiter. “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”

Sound familiar?
  • RJ~PWCM... Maddog 2012/08/20 01:39:01
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Interesting. I need to find that book!
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2012/08/19 04:28:23
    It goes *way* deeper than that
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +3
    They don't have 'attested development', they simply refuse to think for their selves.
  • RJ~PWCM... debrara... 2012/08/19 12:37:03
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    True, but I would claim - at least for the purposes of this post - that it's a symptom of arrested development.
  • HOMBRE 2012/08/19 03:47:12
    Arrested development - I agree
    HOMBRE
  • mwg0735 2012/08/19 03:24:30
  • Michael McFascist 2012/08/19 02:55:47
    Michael McFascist
    +1
    Oh Jeez I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt the uhh...whatever the hell this is...

Photobucket
  • RJ~PWCM... Michael... 2012/08/19 03:21:10
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Thanks for the reminder. The next version will have a section on how, for children, name-calling takes the place of actual discussion.
  • Michael... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/19 03:49:13
    Michael McFascist
    +1
    is that what you call your post? Is that what this place is for? A discussion? Do you really believe what you're saying? I understand you need to believe that your vision isn't failing. I understand that you need to have your beliefs reaffirmed. I understand your desperate need to be right, and that it sickens you to the very core to not be sure...So...you may carry on with your little meeting.
  • RJ~PWCM... Michael... 2012/08/19 12:37:41
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Thanks, I will.
  • Michael... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/19 12:41:28
    Michael McFascist
    Your welcome.
  • Marianne™ 2012/08/18 20:05:21
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/18 16:52:18
    Arrested development - I agree
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I think they are also brainwashed.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/08/18 16:22:14
  • RJ~PWCM... seadog6... 2012/08/18 19:46:58
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    thanks!
  • matthew.kennedy.31586 2012/08/18 15:10:45
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    +2
    Funny how the actual data shows us that the genetic flaw is quite literally in the Conservative mind.

Look through History - the Conservatives have always been the losers. ...and they are losers now.

They lost the Civil War... They lost the war on racism... The war on women's rights.. They lost the war on pornography... on Profanity... on abortion... on homosexuality... on hair... on Viet Nam.. on fashion... on honesty...

Gasp! Egad! By JOVE!!! Funny, huh - how people STILL want to so desperately cling to a losing team.

And do you know why they ALWAYS lose!??

It's really sooo simple! It's because you get a bunch of old-timers who are witnessing cultural and even moral evolution - which they can scarcely comprehend it. They are resistant to change - because of FEAR... You cannot have conservatism without FEAR.

ERGO - Conservatives will NECESSARILY ALWAYS BE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY.

This is why nearly all of them are religious... The SHEEP need a SHEPHERD! THey are easily led - easily brainwashed -

The good news is - that they ALWAYS become obsolete. ALWAYS.

Most of them are usually older - and eventually die out... This is why History ALWAYS TRENDS TO THE 'LEFT'.

The facts are:

- Jesus ain't never coming back...
    - Abortion will always be legal - a...

And do you know why they ALWAYS lose!??

The facts are:

- Jesus ain't never coming back...
    - Abortion will always be legal - and one day - everyone will finally realize that a fetus is not a little cute baby cooing in someone's arms.... It's a BLASTOCYST!
    - Gay is OK - and not a threat to anyone.
    - Greed is BAD - and will one day be shunned...
    - All races are equally beautiful and equally equal...
    - Women are equal in value to men and should be respected as humans - as much as anyone else.
    - Porn is sex... that's all.. it is the most natural thing in the World - the only time it is a "problem" is when it is stigmatized. There is nothing wrong with the sex act or the human body.
    - there is no such thing as a "bad" word. it is always relative to the insecurities of the prevalent culture.
    - Evolution is a fact - just like gravity.
    - It's OK to err on the side of caution when it comes to man contributing to Global Warming... It's kinda important, you know?

and so on... and so on.....
  • matthew... matthew... 2012/08/18 15:13:21
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    +2
    ps - Here's a book citing several studies that show how the Conservative brain is handicapped:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Rep...
  • RJ~PWCM... matthew... 2012/08/18 19:52:09
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    I could respond with links to similar books about Liberals, but it would be a waste of time.

And besides, conservatives don't play "nyaaaah nyaaaah, no YOU are!"
  • BlytheS... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/20 07:26:39
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    Oh yes they do. It would be nice if you could at least be honest, but no. You can't even do that.
  • RJ~PWCM... BlytheS... 2012/08/20 15:46:47
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    "Oh yes they do"

See , you did it again!
  • BlytheS... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/23 00:53:56
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    I'm sorry that your ignorance is such that you missed a very simple point. Go back to school.
  • RJ~PWCM... matthew... 2012/08/18 19:50:44
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Well, you've certainly written a pile of unwarranted assertions, slanders and hateful rhetoric. Not backed up by any examples. And all of it irrelevant to the topic.

In short - it amounts too "nyaaah nyaaah, no, YOU are!"

But thanks for the data point!
  • matthew... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/18 21:13:46
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    +1
    All those things: pornography, homosexuals, women's rights, slavery... are issues that Conservatives have lost.

It was the Progressives who freed the slaves, won the Civil War, gave women the right to vote...

Every one of these issues was opposed by the Conservatives of the day - and much, much more...

I'm sorry I cannot give you four years of History classes - but if you had an ounce of legitimate and untainted curiosity about truth - you'd already be keen to the fact that Conservatism has always been the losing side.
  • matthew... matthew... 2012/08/19 01:44:36
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    You need to get your nose out of FOX News and Rush - and start listening to the winning side. I promise - your life will feel much better!

Aren't you tired of all the fear and hate that Conservatism spawns?
  • RJ~PWCM... matthew... 2012/08/19 03:22:09
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    As I just said to someone else, thanks for the reminder. The next version will have a section on how, for children, name-calling takes the place of actual discussion.
  • matthew... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/19 15:00:50
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    Peanut-Butter Breath...
  • RJ~PWCM... matthew... 2012/08/19 15:07:56
  • RJ~PWCM... matthew... 2012/08/19 03:22:02
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
  • BBLEE 2012/08/18 13:33:43
    Arrested development - I agree
    BBLEE
    +3
    Look at the bright side when society breaks down, they will be easy to deal with, they aren't smart enough to be much of a threat.
  • RJ~PWCM... BBLEE 2012/08/18 19:53:10
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    lol, yep! They'll sell their food for a bright shiny nickel!
  • KingdomNow 2012/08/18 06:17:16
    It goes *way* deeper than that
    KingdomNow
    +2
    Look at OWS -They are all followers and whiners, demanding this and that, refusing to even consider reason. Spoiled children.

They don't have leaders, just manipulators.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/08/18 05:11:46
    It goes *way* deeper than that
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +4
    Did no one ever tell Libs that LIFE ISN'T FAIR?!! It's such a simple concept to grasp that if Libs don't know it by now, they ARE mentally ill.
  • exhon2009 2012/08/18 03:44:55
    It goes *way* deeper than that
    exhon2009
    +3
    Perhaps scientists some day will isolate the "liberal" gene and come up with a treatment for it without having to lobotomize the patient.
    Arrested development - I agree
    +4
    and they want America's development to be arrested too
  • RJ~PWCM... jackola... 2012/08/18 19:59:27
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    lol, right!
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/08/18 02:04:38
    Arrested development - I agree
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +4
    Sounds valid to me.
  • GettingBarried 2012/08/18 01:15:39

2014/04/17 15:42:41