Why Gun Lovers Still Fear President Obama

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/07/19 22:31:54
President Barack Obama hasn’t done much of anything to curb Americans’ gun rights.

Despite his 2008 campaign pledges, he hasn’t pushed to reinstate the assault weapons ban. And he hasn’t tried to force background checks on people who buy firearms from unlicensed dealers at gun shows.

In fact, he’s barely said a word about guns during his presidency, other than urging “the beginning of a new discussion” on the issue after then-Rep. GabrielleGiffords was shot.

But the National Rifle Association and many gun enthusiasts still deeply distrust and fear him.

The powerful gun rights group — which is setting aside at least $40 million to defeat Obama in November — claims he would gut the Second Amendment in his second term through a series of domestic or international moves that he’s been hesitant to advance over the past three-plus years.

Gun and ammunition sales, which rocketed when Obama took office, are again on the rise as owners stockpile weaponry in part because they’re afraid those won’t be available if he wins reelection, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a firearms industry trade group.

Post continues on Politico.com : http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78696.html “He’s his own stimulus plan for the gun industry,” Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) said.
“I get the [NRA] magazine. I think he’s on the cover nine out of 10 times,” added Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska).
There is no more dramatic illustration of gun owners’ disdain for Obama than the Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal.
The NRA and its political allies have used the botched operation to rile up their base, claiming the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives purposefully allowed guns to land in the hands of Mexican drug cartels as a way for Obama to push new gun restrictions, including the assault weapons ban. The NRA scored the contempt vote in the House last month against Attorney General Eric Holder.
The NRA has its 2008 campaign website gunbanobama.com and is ready for round two with a widely circulated flier listing “Ten Reasons Why Obama Is Bad News For The Second Amendment.”
In an election likely to be decided by which candidate has a more energized base, conservatives say gun issues could have an outsized impact in critical swing states such as Colorado, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, where the NRA has a large membership base.
“It’s not the money. It’s the message. Educated, pissed-off, angry gun owners vote. And that’s what they do. Educate. Get them to the polls,” said Richard Feldman, a former NRA lobbyist and president of the Independent Firearm Owners Association.
Gun rights enthusiasts are especially worried about the possibility of Supreme Court vacancies, saying that any additional Obama appointees could potentially overturn the 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller ruling that affirmed an individual’s rights to have gun in the home.
Obama’s opponents also are on alert over U.N. negotiations scheduled to conclude at the end of July over a new treaty that could tighten controls on the international import, export and transfer of conventional arms.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78696.html#ixzz217d...

Read More: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78696.html

• Ronzo 2012/07/20 13:33:33
    Ronzo
    First of all goofy girl it is not Love it is about law abiding men and women who hunt, target shoot and collect guns because they enjoy the positives guns have had on our Freedom. I will tell you again its not he gun or the car or the cell phone that kills. We just have to much liberal violence in hollywood and the Country. Think about the murdering of the unborn and let's stop this travesty, how shameful to have a President that advocates taking our guns when he is supporting the killing of babies, shame, shame, God will bring judgment on America. Mayor Blumberg would have fit in with the Nazi regime as Obama would. Hitler confiscated the guns in Germany shortly after he was elected. All Dictators first order is to disarm its people, this way it makes forcing unconstitutional new laws with less resistance. I challenge people to go to the library and study facts on "Dictators, how they control subjects" God Help America,
  • doofieg... Ronzo 2012/07/20 16:02:16
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    You won't last long on this site if all you can do is change names! From your profile, we are Supposedly on the same side, tho' you list no political preference. IF you had bothered to go to the given link, you would have realized I did not chose the word love----- it was the original title.Please don't make me block you! Stay away from my articles until you learn to read!
  • Lord Emperor of Dune 2012/07/20 00:34:00
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +1
    I fear him because he's a socialist who at every corner has sought to undermine America's sovereignty and spot on the world stage. When all else is said and done, it will be time for him to disarm the citizens of this nation in order to facilitate his eay takeover.

And hasn't done anything to undermine gun rights? What do you think F&F; was? It's a way to increase gun crime thereby leading libtards into believing that guns need to be removed from the hands of American citizens. It's a long-term game, but the end is crystal clear
  • Nimitz 2012/07/19 22:43:13
    Nimitz
    +2
    I don't 'love' guns. I love the right to defend myself against people who would kill me, rob me or subject me to slavery. That's why I fear Obama. Obama, like every other president I can lay my neurons on, is an enemy of freedom/human rights damn near by definition.
  • Lord Em... Nimitz 2012/07/20 00:34:34
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +2
    I love guns. I love the hell out of some guns! Haha
  • Nimitz Lord Em... 2012/07/20 00:36:21
    Nimitz
    +1
    Well, at least they won't break your heart unless they jam or misfire. :-)
  • Lord Em... Nimitz 2012/07/20 00:37:35
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +2
    That's why you carry two at a time with spare mags for each haha

2014/09/24 00:30:42