Why don't people mind their OWN business?

Robby 2009/09/13 08:53:02
It is SOOOOOOO easy to point the finger & make judgments on people! that YOU DON'T KNOW! "WHY?" you ask. Because it's easier & more soothing to the human conscience to find fault in some1 else's sins instead of LOOKING @ YOUR OWN!

For example, "I may be a married man who's having an affair with my coworker, & I may cheat on my income taxes, & I may even pay child support for a kid that I never met that lives in another state, but @ LEAST I'M NOT MICHAEL VICK! HE'S A DOG KILLER!" Please note: I AM IN NO WAY CONDONING MICHAEL VICKS ACTIONS! But in a nutshell, what does HIS SINS have to do w/ YOUR SINS?

I've also noticed that the ones who blab the most do NOTHING to solve the problem. The ones who yack to high heaven about Michael Vick, DON'T GIVE their time & money to animal shelters, don't volunteer in an animal shelter, & DON'T EVEN OWN A PET! Yet, they talk about his sins. What he did cruel, but what does he have to do w/ you?

What are YOU DOING to make this world a better place? Are donating your time & money to animal & women shelters? Are you volunteering @ children's hospitals, or orphanages? Are you reading to children in a library, or tutoring or coaching JUST FOR FUN (& Not just for work or for your kids, because even tho they are still noble acts, you're doing them out of obligation & necessity.)

ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING @ ALL???

Instead of pointing the finger @ some1 else, why not slap your own wrist & hang your own head in shame for YOUR OWN CRIMES!

• two thousand and ten dreams 2009/09/13 09:09:57
    two thousand and ten dreams
    +2
    Nobody minds their own business. What are you so angry about?? If you were famous and you did something ... guess what? Regardless of if its good or bad its in the public eye. I think its gross but people eat it up. Tabloids, gossip mags, paparazzi, etc... its not going to change so I would just let that anger goooo. It isn't healthy.

• 5p0k3n4 2009/09/27 16:23:28
    5p0k3n4
    Thats reall what comes with fame. Granted there ar some who do far worse and some who come close to being just as bad that are talking about what he did. But when it comes to being famous your made an example of basically. Cause everyone see what you doing, andyou should be setting a good example, not a bad one.
  • Robby 5p0k3n4 2009/09/28 18:47:58 (edited)
    Robby
    +1
    It is the price of fame, but, as Charles Barkley said it best, "I am not a role model."

This weekend, Michael Vick played football amid protest. But those protesters I know, I know, did many things that they themselves weren't proud of.... affairs, abuse, cheating, lying, etc. This Michael Vick case, plus countless others is a classic example of "Take the log out of your own eye before you remove the twig from your brother's."

I was on South St. last week & I went into a t-shirt shop. There, on the shelf was a bunch of 3Mikes: Vick, Jordan, & Jackson. By the Vick t-shirts, a salesclerk made the following sign: "Michael Vick did his time & paid for his crime. Get off his back. 2nd chances in this city are a JOKE." It made me sad. In 1 respect, I do understand. What he did was wrong. No doubt about it. But there are people who keep jawing about what HE'S done, knowing full well that they THEMSELVES have done some shitty shit.... I mean, REAL shitty. The only difference is that it hasn't been seen, yet.

My city is full of hypocrites. I see it everyday. & If I had the money to move, I would. But then what city isn't?

It's so wonderful talking to you! & I thank you so very much for your response!
  • 5p0k3n4 Robby 2009/09/28 21:17:19
    5p0k3n4
    Wow yeah I know what you mean. People are so quick to throw stones at those in the spotlight. It really is sad. All I can say is I hope he lerned his lesson and wont do anything like that again for his own sakeand his familys sake, It has to be hard on them too. And no matter where you go people are all the same. I think it makes them feel better about themself in some ways. But it really only lessons there character.

No problem XD I like talking to you too..haha
  • Robby 5p0k3n4 2009/09/28 21:29:55
    Robby
    +1
    You're right. You're absolutely right!
  • 5p0k3n4 Robby 2009/09/29 02:14:06
    5p0k3n4
    Haha well Im glad theres some people out there that agree with my ramblings..lol
  • sugarbuzz 2009/09/13 22:40:42
    sugarbuzz
    If we all minded "our own business", there would be no communities or civilization for that matter. You are always going to have the down side of that and that includes the hypocrites who are blind to their own follies. It's just life!
  • Robby sugarbuzz 2009/09/13 22:49:42 (edited)
    Robby
    +1
    "Minding your own business" should includes ways to make the world a better place, for the world itself & the goodness of the human heart is our business: giving to the homeless, taking care of our children & the elderly, recycling, etc. Just doing good. Just giving of yourself w/ a simple act of kindness. Not waging your tongues & pointing your fingers @ mere gossip. Thank you for your response.
  • sugarbuzz Robby 2009/09/14 01:22:31
    sugarbuzz
    True, but because we are human, there will always be those without conscience, who will lie and especially be unkind. If you can manage not to resort to that when faced with those kinds of people, you are building better character within yourself and learning who to avoid too.
  • Robby sugarbuzz 2009/09/14 06:59:36
  • sugarbuzz Robby 2009/09/14 07:04:43
    sugarbuzz
    Now, find something to laugh about...it is the best medicine!
  • Robby sugarbuzz 2009/09/14 07:13:19 (edited)
    Robby
    +1
    Sweety, I laugh every day to keep myself from crying. I like sounding off once in awhile because to quote Jimmy Stewart: I got a piece to speak & blow hot or cold, I'm going to speak it. (Filibuster Speech in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington".) If I don't tell the world to wake up, who will?
  • sugarbuzz Robby 2009/09/14 07:17:17
    sugarbuzz
    Go for it then!
  • Robby sugarbuzz 2009/09/14 07:18:55
  • sugarbuzz Robby 2009/09/14 07:27:37
    sugarbuzz
    Welcome.
  • Rocky 2009/09/13 16:28:02
    Rocky
    +1
    It is funny how those who moralize are so ready to justify their actions and bigotry by laying the blame on those they despise. My mother was 1/4th black, 1/4 chinese and 1/2 Jewish. My daddy was a dukes mixture of Russian, Norwegian, French Scottish, Irish, and traveling Salesman.

I lau"feel sorry and pity for those who make believe they are understanding, but get them behind closed doors, and "The N-Word," and other derogatory names come out, always with that sly wink of the eye. I have never let anyone do that around me without loudly announcing my bloodline, and the fact that my mother was part Black, part Chinese and a wonderfully large proportion of Israeli Jew.

Shuts them up right away. I lost a lot of so-called friends, but I am proud of my heritage, and their loss was my gain. I will tell you one thing though, it sure separated the Chaffe from the "Actual Wheat!
  • Robby Rocky 2009/09/13 21:14:33
    Robby
    I like you.
  • ... 2009/09/13 16:25:02
    ...
    +1
    Listen and you'll know.

If you want change, you gotta start with the man in the mirror.
  • slim8961 2009/09/13 14:05:37
    slim8961
    +1
    They probably don't have anything better to do would be my first guess
  • TD 2009/09/13 13:16:02
    TD
    +1
    Simply because they want to make themselves feel better about their faults...ever notice how everyone's moral compass shoots north when something happens in the public light...that's their time to say "well, I wouldn't do that"
  • Robby TD 2009/09/21 17:10:09 (edited)
    Robby
    EXACTLY MY POINT! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! & also, from the bottom of my heart:
    heart

heart
  • Robby 2009/09/13 09:57:05 (edited)
    Robby
    People who...

people

... shouldn't...

(& There's an AWFUL lot of broken glass on the ground... don't cut your feet.)

If you want change, you must start w/:

... because we only have 1:

This still rings true 2000 years later... how come we STILL don't listen?

{{{{v_v}}}}
  • CupCakeELF 2009/09/13 09:34:02
    CupCakeELF
    +1
    they dont mind them cuz they r bored and dont have anythin better to do mind cuz bored anythin
    So mind ur own buisnesses peoples!
  • Robby CupCakeELF 2009/09/13 10:07:12 (edited)
    Robby
    I love his eye make up! I REALLY do! I always wish I could do mine like that! LOL! It always bother me when a teenaged boy's eye-make up looks better than mine! Aww... man! LOL!
  • Tsi-na Robby 2009/09/25 05:31:38
    Tsi-na
    it's easier if you use a lighter to heat the eyeliner pencil a little... if you use liquid it looks like crap pretty quick.

Mabeline with smudge sponge on the end is good.
    two thousand and ten dreams
    +2
  • Robby two tho... 2009/09/13 10:05:51
    Robby
    It's not healthy to always be concerned about someone else's problems & sins when you are ignoring your own. That's unhealthy. & We should be angry. So just as you say about me, let's talk about you. Do you want every1 to know all of YOUR business, secrets, & lies. Do you want every1 to care about every little thing that you say & do? From the food that you eat, to the time you were caught picking your nose in your car, to the time you passed gas & blamed it on the dog? & Why should we be concerned about some1 elses business anyway? It is better to look @ the problems inside of ourselves instead of pointing the finger & looking at others. Thanks for your comment & have a great day!
  • two tho... Robby 2009/09/13 12:11:41
    two thousand and ten dreams
    Im not famous.. and thats one of the reasons why. I dont pick my nose without tissue and never in the car. Passing gas is normal I take responsibility for it. I'm not concerned about anyone else's business! But YOU apparently, ARE. Don't worry what everyone else is worrying about. Just food for thought.
  • Robby two tho... 2009/09/13 21:24:51 (edited)
    Robby
    You're starving, sweetheart. Here... have a plate:
    starving sweetheart plate

You not only missed the point starving sweetheart plate missed
    you missed the
    sweetheart starving missed missed
    & you didn't:
    sweetheart starving missed missed
    Didn't I or didn't not just say that "I try not speak on other people's problems because I'M NOT THEM!" Didn't I say that...? I think I said it... I'm quite sure I did @ 0:25-0:35. & Those examples were generalizations, but I'm surprised that you took them so seriously. Obviously it is YOU who likes to run your mouth w/ your ears clogged up. Thank you for your comments.
  • Me 2009/09/13 08:58:29
    Me
    +2
    People expressing their opinions as to the behavior of others is simply how the world works. While I do not agree nor support condemning others, I do not think it is necessarily a bad thing to give your opinion on something that you find to be reprehensible.

Lastly even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I feel I have a right to express my opinions, I volunteer at a battered womens shelter and am an assistant teacher in a GED prep program. I can't give money because I can barely afford to support my family.
  • Robby Me 2009/09/13 09:15:40
    Robby
    +1
    But while expressing your opinion, have you ever examined what YOU have done yourself? Every1 has done something that they are not proud of. (I know I have.) But I would rather examine MY OWN conscience, before I examine SOME1 ELSES. Also, it is good that you have volunteered but everyone including yourself can do more w/o even spending a dime. For example, one day you may see a homeless person on your street, in the dead of winter. You may decide out of nowhere, "You know "Me"... I got an old comforter that I'm not even using anymore. It's old, dingy & ripped. But maybe I can give it to this person who really needs it. That's all ANY1 needs to do. Just 1 SMALL simple act of human kindness w/o ANY trumpets or fanfare. Thank you for sharing & God Bless.
  • Me Robby 2009/09/13 09:20:51
    Me
    +2
    Yes, I am a firm believer in self examination and know I am far from perfect. I do my best not to judge others for their transgressions, although I will admit to failing for anyone who claims they haven't is a filthy liar. However, I fail to see how giving an opinion can be construed as judging.
    For example, do I think what Vick did was ok? No, however I do not condemn nor judge him, I left that to the courts.
    Lastly, I do my best to help those in need whenever I can, anyone who would like to tell me it is not enough is free to judge me however they so choose. Frankly it does not bother me.
  • Robby Me 2009/09/13 10:20:57 (edited)
    Robby
    I would rather give an opinion on the state of the world around me than what some celebrity has done, haven't done or will do. What do their sins & problems have to do w/ mine? I'm also glad to see that you also do your share of self examination, & I'm glad to see that you do try to give "when you can". I try my best to give even when I'm flat broke in many different ways, no matter how small, w/ only my conscience (& no1 else) as my guide (especially from Sodahead).
  • Me Robby 2009/09/13 10:24:52
    Me
    I give my opinion about things I feel strongly about. Primarily politics, economics, and society. However If I am asked for an opinion about another issue and/or topic I will give one as long as I feel I have enough information to formulate and present a valid and concise point.
  • Robby Me 2009/09/13 10:35:23
    Robby
    The opinions of our world & what we can do to change it & make it better are the ONLY things that should matter. Period. On that note, I'd love to discuss this more w/ you but it's 6a on my coast. No further reply is needed. I'll be asleep. & I REALLY need to get some ZZzzzs, since I'm visiting my mom in the hospital. Take care!
  • Me Robby 2009/09/13 10:36:29
    Me
    It's 6 here as well, but I have caffeine flowing through my veins so sleep is far away. Thanks for the discourse, pleasant dreams. :D
  • God-Cilla (Saviour to the M... 2009/09/13 08:55:29
    God-Cilla (Saviour to the Masses)
    +1
    Michael Vick is a bastard.
  • Robby God-Cil... 2009/09/13 09:16:16 (edited)
    Robby
    +1
    And???
  • God-Cil... Robby 2009/09/13 09:22:34
    God-Cilla (Saviour to the Masses)
    +1
    Lol nothing. It's merely an observation.
  • Robby God-Cil... 2009/09/13 10:21:25 (edited)
    Robby
    Well please do something. Adopt a pet. Become a dog walker. For Pete's sake, go to Wal-Mart & buy a goldfish & freakin' feed it. To talk is 1 thing. To DO is another. Thanks for sharing. Now get out there & do some caring.
  • God-Cil... Robby 2009/09/15 01:25:24
    God-Cilla (Saviour to the Masses)
    Well I do care. I don't support the treatment of animals in slaughter houses, I'm a vegetarian.

2014/07/29 12:58:11