Why don't liberals pay their taxes?

FanOreilly 2013/02/18 19:53:24
landreau mary louisiana
Daily Caller reports:

"Just last week, Democratic Sen. argued during a Capitol Hill hearing that the government needsnbsp mary landrieu nbsp argued capitol hill hearing nbsp government more tax revenue.

But in a twist of hypocrisy, the Louisiana senator and her husband appear to have not yet paid $1,206.95 in tax penalties to the government on their Capitol Hill home, The Daily Caller has learned."

Read More: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/18/democratic-senat...

• Tuna 2013/02/18 21:32:19
    Tuna
    +13
    Did you know the HUGE solar farms in Riverside County, California pay no taxes while the nukes and fossil fuel plants pay $$millions?

• us 2013/02/22 04:01:17
    us
    IT is sad Mary landrie wants everyone else money for taxes but won't pay here taxes.
  • Captain-Morgan 2013/02/21 22:46:48
    Captain-Morgan
    Because they want everyone else to pay theirs for them...
  • LiberalLady 2013/02/21 05:07:50
    LiberalLady
    +2
    I am a liberal and I pay taxes.
  • golem48 2013/02/20 20:11:48
    golem48
    Because they like being profligate with everyone elses money, not theirs!
  • Seonag 2013/02/19 16:44:31
    Seonag
    +1
    It's been reported that government workers owe LOTS in back taxes plus interest and penalties, to the Federal Government, State and Local levels. Once an attempt to collect/resolve the issue has passed a reasonable amount of time (to allow for review and contesting), It is my sincere feeling that if you receive pay from a government, yet owe them money, your pay should either be garnished or you are suspended without pay until the money is paid.
  • topcat128 Seonag 2013/02/19 17:49:58
    topcat128
    +1
    Obama's best friend Warren Buffit companies owe millions of dollars in back taxes. Buffit claimes they will pay them when the cases got thru Tax Courts. Warren just pay you taxes like everyone else. Don't be a Tax Cheat!!!!!!
  • Wayne 2013/02/19 16:37:20
    Wayne
    She and her husband are liberal liars and cheats, Biden must think they are un American. I don't know if he paid his taxes either.
  • The Lib Hater 2013/02/19 15:19:10
    The Lib Hater
    +4
    Very simple- Because socialism is for the sheeple, not the socialist, right libs?
  • Warfinge 2013/02/19 14:36:03 (edited)
    Warfinge
    +1
    The "Al Gore" mentality "Do as I say, not as I do". But $1200 isn't that big of a deal and its money in the bank for DC. They will just add late charges until it's paid. Short of arrest and detention, they are subject to all the same laws we are. Count on the IRS to get theirs.
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/19 13:15:23 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Instead of focusing on the FAILURES of our tax system, how discussing a solution?
    == == == == == ==

With an income tax...any income tax.... your money is INVOLUNTARILY SEIZED!

With a sales tax, your money is voluntarily PAID!

Real tax reform would be to abolish our 72,000 page punitive tax code that rewards failure and poverty while punishing success and good business choices, and replace it with a fair, flat national sales tax as outlined in the 130 page FairTax bill (HR-25/S113)

fairtax
  • Adakin ... Adakin ... 2013/02/19 13:18:20
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Support the candidates that support passage of the FairTax Bill.
  • princess 2013/02/19 10:03:38
    princess
    +5
    What you can always expect from the Liberal party of LIARS, THIEVES & CHEATS.
  • whats u... princess 2013/02/21 00:08:06
    whats up with that
    +1
    you mean to say that if you make millions of dollars it is ok to get to keep all that money and pay less than one of your employes in taxes per year. I am a democrat and always worked hard and always paid my taxes. we would all love to be blessed to keep almost all our money we should pay our fair share rich or poor. The rich is no better than the rest of us why should the rich be allowed loop holes and reap all the harvest and 500 thousand and below pay it all. ha ha give me a break we all will stand before our creater one day what is it to gain the world and loose you soul from trying to justify being greedy calling people names judgeing people like you are gonna live forever and take all that greedy money with you. May the lord have mercy on all the greedy self centered people in this world that think they will prosper and go to heaven or buy your way in to the golden gates.May God have mercy on you hope you get to know him before your time has passed.
  • princess whats u... 2013/02/22 03:20:23
    princess
    OMG, another Liberal hater attacking & JUDGING others' opinions when he knows NOTHING about them. LOL
  • ed 2013/02/19 09:20:06
    ed
    +2
    I would guess they are hoping no one will pay attention or notice that they haven't paid or they could be hoping obama will give them a free pass and someone else will pay theirs for them.
  • Death The Kid 2013/02/19 07:35:34
    Death The Kid
    I pay my taxes.
  • redhorse29 2013/02/19 07:26:27
    redhorse29
    +3
    Liberal progressive socialist democrats don't pay taxes because they believe they are better than the 'riff-raff' or 'dirty filthy working voter'. Liberal progressives see themselves as above the law and that we paying taxes is something stupid people do. Since politicians make the laws and appoint judges why worry?
  • TKramar 2013/02/19 07:13:56
    TKramar
    Taxes are withheld, usually. If you don't withhold enough, the IRS can and will invoke penalties on you for doing so, and usually charges interest as well.
  • Ryan Thomas 2013/02/19 06:43:36
    Ryan Thomas
    +2
    This is fundamentally in-accurate. It only deals with one person, and therefor accusing approx 60-80 million Liberals of not paying taxes because one person didn't is highly flawed. If this person really didn't pay taxes then of course that's wrong, and she should pay up (On the other hand it could simply be late, and she is intending to pay in the future) but large generalizations like this are generally incorrect.
  • Cliff Ryan Th... 2013/02/19 12:09:58
    Cliff
    +2
    Obama's Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner evaded paying his taxes. When the people who are supposed to be leaders set a bad example, those who believe in their leadership will behave like they do.
  • Ryan Th... Cliff 2013/02/19 12:26:44
    Ryan Thomas
    +1
    I don't mean to say that all Liberals are paragons of virtue who honestly live up to the principles they expound. However, without accurate charts or statistics to back up the points being made of "Liberals not paying taxes", with the actual comparison between conservative vs. liberal payment rates, then it's very hard to extrapolate from one, or even a variety of incidents.
    The people who are morally un-ethical like this(Assuming this really is a malignant effort to defraud our government for this Landrieu person), should of course be held accountable for their actions. I simply view the generalizations made in this post as not being of high standards for accurate portrayal of wide-spread information.
  • Cliff Ryan Th... 2013/02/19 12:40:38
    Cliff
    Now certainly, there are plenty of honest liberals out there. However, percentage wise, conservatives tend to be more Christian, more concerned with values, and more concerned with just being decent people.

This is why conservatives tend to be more vulnerable to the “hypocrite” charge: you have to have morals and values in the first place to be a hypocrite. If your attitude is everything goes, yes, you’re not going to be a hypocrite, but you’re a pretty lousy human being.

Of course liberals, being liberals, want to have it both ways. They don’t want to stand up for moral values, but they want to be considered just as moral as the people who do.

However, the hard, cold reality is that on the whole, liberals just aren’t as moral as conservatives,
  • Ryan Th... Cliff 2013/02/19 13:31:09
    Ryan Thomas
    +2
    I'm not sure if I agree with you on your assumption.... well, actually, it's possible that I can both agree and disagree at the same time. I know a variety of people who are liberal. I myself lean liberal on many different issues. All of the liberal people who are my friends are good honest citizens, and a number of them are religious themselves. Now of course, this is slightly hypocritical on my part given that I just talked about how in general it is hard to judge from isolated instances, and now am saying that a personal experience of mine justifies my view on the matter, but still just personal observations. But anyway, current non-religious attitudes place a lot more emphasis on ethics and such rather than morals. Thus, it would be possible to have both nice "Good folks" type liberal atheists, who are at the same time not moral.
    I simply don't really view the religious thing as being integral to being morally righteous though. Liberals have different values and such that they work for, but it isn't to say that they don't have any. It would fall much more in the way of general ethics though, instead of into the idea of values. Secular Humanism type ideas instead of religious connotations regarding moral law.
    Other countries often can have lower trends of violence and ov...

Other countries often can have lower trends of violence and overall social problems despite having less christian, or religious populations total. Prime example would be Sweden, with a very high non-religious rate, yet being ranked superior to other predominantly christian countries in Corruption Indexes. Germany might make a good example as well, although since there exists a widespread disparity between the East which would be less religious as a result of the years under the German Democratic Republic vs. the Federal Republic of Germany with a much better track record on freedom of religion, which makes it harder to judge. Various highly secular countries score around the US level as well, such as France. Although it is possible that internal sub-divisions make the countries correlate less effectively to the religions/non religions corruption comparison, the relative mixing of nations at the top with various nations of larger numbers of non-religious citizens and those nations with larger numbers of religious ones would make it appear to me that it would be hard to gain an effective national track level between religious and non-religious elements. This is somewhat borne out in the US too, where some non-religious elements like Atheists have lower imprisonment rates. This isn't to necessarily favor them or to say that their particular conventions about the non-existance of a god means that they're better people, for it could easily be other factors such as overall wealth, but it is still an interesting factor. It would be interesting to see if you factor out poverty rates, geographic locations, and income levels if it would result in a similar, or dramatically changed result.
    There is also the observation of different religious and ethnic groups overall, aside from western christianity. We generally do not consider the actions of the extremist Islamic elements "Moral" in the general code of the west, but it does have some spiritual basis for them. By out standards though, they are still "Lousy Human Beings" despite following their moral paths..

I just rambled on too long. Sorry, I was bored.
  • Cliff Ryan Th... 2013/02/19 16:08:07
    Cliff
    The problem with ethics is that there are no absolutes. What you consider to be ethical, another may not. If you choose to embrace your own code of ethics and encourage others to embrace their own code of ethics, what you end up with is a group of people who in some measure to do whatever is right in their own eyes. This, my friend, at best leads to confusion, chaos and mayhem.
  • Ryan Th... Cliff 2013/02/19 23:23:08
    Ryan Thomas
    That may be possible, I'm not really sure how such a system would pan out. At the current time our society still mostly operates under rigid moral codes, although the non-religious factions would have more in the way of ethics type arguments instead. It's an interesting world though, so I suppose we'll see some different future models pop up, for comparison and study.
  • Cliff Ryan Th... 2013/02/20 00:23:14
    Cliff
    Well, you keep panning and popping up and when all hell breaks loose, you will have ample opportunity for comparison and study.
  • Dustin 2013/02/19 06:02:11
    Dustin
    Why do you think they rejected removing tax loopholes that only serve the rich like them. It was proposed but they wanted percentage increase that rich could still dodge. So they could say they were ones taxing rich even though they turned down republican proposal that would have ended up bringing in 3 times more revenue.

They are definitely most hypocritical people from healthcare (exempt)to taxes(loopholes) to guns(government provided security) even child rape(the democratic senator that had sex with underage prostitutes). If all there so called good ideas were so good why dont they start making themselves abide by the same law.
  • Mike W 2013/02/19 05:11:39
    Mike W
    +2
    Because you cant tell Liberals how they should spend their money, they can only telll you how they should spend YOUR money
  • COCO Mike W 2013/02/19 07:40:37
    COCO
    +1
    Hit the proverbial nail.
  • colton delaney 2013/02/19 05:10:08
    colton delaney
    that is a twist.
  • KD 2013/02/19 04:56:15
  • AL 2013/02/19 04:47:54
    AL
    +1
    Because most of them are either tax cheats,or they're already on the Government dole instead! They just want a lot more milk from the Government Tit is all
  • The I 2013/02/19 03:41:46 (edited)
    The I
    It becomes strange how one can have their mind harnessed to political labels. The dementia seems to give them the ability to have access to tax records equally with the IRS. So sad.
  • topcat128 2013/02/19 03:20:15
    topcat128
    +1
    Another Tax Cheat in Government. Seems like they all flock together in Washiington. Pay up Dead Beat before you ask us for more taxes.
  • Elaine Magliacane 2013/02/19 03:17:09
    Elaine Magliacane
    +2
    They are our MASTERS... the MASTERS MAKE the rules, they do not have to follow them. They are the ELITES... you and I are the SLAVES of the state... got that now?
  • Claybern 2013/02/19 02:50:59
    Claybern
    +2
    Because they are hypocrites. It's the old do as I say not as I do attitude.
  • kevjon 2013/02/19 02:47:53
    kevjon
    +3
    Like they say, if you want to know what liberals are guilty of just listen to what they accuse others of.
    The liberal party has gone way off the deep end.
  • cat 2013/02/19 02:36:17
    cat
    +1
    We do !
  • Butterfly 2013/02/19 02:18:28
    Butterfly
    +5
    I know,,,even obama's STAFF is delinquent. Feb. 2012;

'For a man who keeps demanding that people pay their "fair share" he's sure surrounded himself with people who have dodged the taxes they currently owe. What a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites!!! It's no wonder he thinks people don't pay their "fair share" when his own close buddies don't ANYTHING.
    .
    36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes
    .
    How embarrassing this must be for President Obama, whose major speech theme so far this campaign season has been that every single American, no matter how rich, should pay their "fair share" of taxes.
    .
    Because how unfair -- indeed, un-American -- it is for an office worker like, say, Warren Buffet's secretary to dutifully pay her taxes, while some well-to-do people with better educations and higher incomes end up paying a much smaller tax rate.
    .
    Or, worse, skipping their taxes altogether.
    .
    A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven't paid any share, let alone their fair share.
    .
    Previous reports have shown how well-paid Obama's White House staff is, with 457 aides pulling down more than $37 million last year. ...

.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Previous reports have shown how well-paid Obama's White House staff is, with 457 aides pulling down more than $37 million last year. That's up seven workers and nearly $4 million from the Bush administration's last year.
    .
    Nearly one-third of Obama's aides make more than $100,000 with 21 being paid the top White House salary of $172,200, each.
    .
    The IRS' 2010 delinquent tax revelations come as part of a required annual agency report on federal employees' tax compliance. Turns out, an awful lot of folks being paid by taxpayers are not paying their own income taxes.
    .
    The report finds that thousands of federal employees owe the country more than $3.4 billion in back taxes. That's up 3% in the past year.
    .
    That scale of delinquency could annoy voters, hard-pressed by their own costs, fears and stubbornly high unemployment despite Joe Biden's many promises.
    .
    The tax offenders include employees of the U.S. Senate who help write the laws imposed on everyone else. They owe $2.1 million. Workers in the House of Representatives owe $8.5 million, Department of Education employees owe $4.3 million and over at Homeland Security, 4,697 workers owe about $37 million. Active duty military members owe more than $100 million.
    .
    The Treasury Department, where Obama nominee Tim Geithner had to pay up $42,000 in his own back taxes before being confirmed as secretary, has 1,181 other employees with delinquent taxes totaling $9.3 million.
    .
    As usual, the Postal Service, with more than 600,000 workers, has the most offenders (25,640), who also owe the most -- almost $270 million. Veterans Affairs has 11,659 workers owing the IRS $151 million while the Energy Department that was so quick to dish out more than $500 million to the Solyndra folks has 322 employees owing $5 million.
    .
    The country's chief law enforcement agency, the Department of Justice, has 2,069 employees who are nearly $17 million behind in taxes. Like Operation Fast and Furious, Attorney General Eric Holder has apparently missed them too.
    .
    As with ordinary people, the IRS attempts to negotiate back-tax payment plans with all delinquents, whose names canot be released. But according to current federal law, the only federal employees who can be fired for not paying
    taxes are IRS workers.
  • GoDucks5 2013/02/19 01:56:27
    GoDucks5
    +6
    They believe only conservatives and the rich should pay taxes.

2014/10/21 18:46:55