Why Does The GOP Want To Cut Entitlements ? If you use SS, Medicare or Medicaid you need to read this

dropkick 2011/01/03 04:07:12
Related Topics: Pension, Deficit, Congress, GOP
Have you noticed the GOP leaders like Boehner and McConnell are quickly laying out their plan to cut entitlements and telling you it is absolutely necessary to reduce the deficit ?

Have you noticed they always use "entitlements" like they are a dirty word and a bad thing and never mention that the entitlements they intend to cut are Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and Schip insurance for kids ?

The reason is real simple- the wealthy do not use entitlements!

Why do you think the GOP was so hell bent on getting the tax cuts for the wealthy before they addressed the budget deficit and spending cuts ?

Because if they told you they were going to cut programs for the middle class and give the wealthy a tax cut you would have never went along.

The GOP keeps telling us we must all sacrifice but the programs they will cut do not effect the wealthy that have money and do not rely on SS, medicare and medicaid.

The wealthy have investment income, trust funds, pensions and the best private insurance money can buy so what do they care if those entitlement programs get cut especially now that we just extended them another tax cut.

The GOP will try to tell you the country will be bankrupt if we don't cut these entitlements but they will leave out that the military and wars we are in cost much more than all those entitlements combined.

They will tell you for the good of your country you should have less but they do not offer to put any of the subsidies for big oil, corporations, farms and other programs they fund on the table.because those are run by the wealthy.

There are still people that believe we are spending way too much on welfare but the reality is the entire TANF welfare budget is less than 5 billion a year and the after school lunch programs and other Fed assisted state welfare programs combined make up less than 1% of our federal budget.

The simple truth is the GOP wants to protect the wealthy while tricking you into thinking they are going to share in the sacrifice when in reality the wealthy do not rely on any of the programs the GOP wants to cut and they are keeping the subsidies that help the wealthy.

Now do you think that is right ?

If not you should be calling your congress people today and let them know!

• Mike W 2011/01/03 06:00:33 (edited)
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Mike W
    +6
    What do you think will happen if you let these entitlements run unchecked down the mountain the way they are ? When will the money run out and what will you do then. It would have been a good idea to let people invest a portion of their SS deduction for their own future instead of the government taking it and giving it away. If one dies the money the government took from his work and sweat gets distributed by the government instead of let by the deceased to the loved ones he wants to help. Honestly I would rather the money taken by the government under the Socisl security ponzi scheme ( Maydof went to prison for the same thing)from my pay checks was left for me to invest and to leave to my family and loved ones instead of the lazy schmuks who claim reading and learning disability right out of high school cuz they're too lazy and their 1/3 taking lawyers. Besides these S S entitlements wouldnt run out as fast if they were only distributed to people who paid into them instead of doling it out to leakers too lazy to work and contribute before sucking from the host. OR we can continue down the liberal democrat socialist hand out trail until we are out of money and have rioting in the streets just like in Greece

• Dude Dudeson 2012/12/03 23:00:01
    No it is wrong to cut these entitlements....
    Dude Dudeson
    It's a fact that SS is successful. It has never been over budget, ever. It has been syphoned by corrupt politicians but still has NEVER been over budget. I PAID over $100,000 into SS over my career and am NOT okay with you morons voting to take it away. WTF, are you all so stupid you think your going to be healthy all your life and nothing could ever happen and I would never need help. Your freakin idiots if you think your all going to save enough to retire or your job could never be outsourced overseas right? Geez. If Republicans are allowed to do what they want there is truly no hope for the human race.
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2011/01/17 14:54:45
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    Am done. Period. I have to do without, so do you.
  • Explorer 2011/01/16 01:59:15
    Explorer
    A Government large enough to control all is large enough to take all. Welcome to SS and Government benefits!
  • Sgt Major B 2011/01/15 21:32:45
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Sgt Major B
    +1
    The wisdom of the ages:

There ain't no 'free lunch'!!
  • bjamnjm 2011/01/15 21:23:28
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    bjamnjm
    These various entitlement programs need to be re-evaluated and made more efficient. Finally, Obamacare must be repealed in favor of more efficient, more easily implimented suggested by Obamacare opponents. Regrettably neither the status quo, nor Obamacare nor other options looks to improve quality of care.

If we continue funding all the entitlement programs at the current rate we'll increasingly cut into Defense Spending which involves arguably one of the Federal Governments primary responsibility, protecting us.
  • true american 2011/01/15 15:09:32
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    true american
    I would much rather invest my own SS that is taken out, than to let the government spend it
  • mrdog 2011/01/15 09:26:39
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    mrdog
    +2
    What have we learned in 2,064 years ?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,
    public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be
    tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should
    be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
    work, instead of living on public assistance."

- Cicero - 55 BC
  • NidStyles mrdog 2011/01/15 10:28:08
    NidStyles
    +2
    Even then they knew what we can't get these entitlement Progressive's to learn.
  • Don Leuty 2011/01/15 06:58:39
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Don Leuty
    +2
    It was ok to raid medicare for ObamaCare, but not for the good of the country? It's time we all tightened up the belt.
  • NidStyles Don Leuty 2011/01/15 10:28:31
    NidStyles
    +1
    Are you calling me fat, old man?
  • Don Leuty NidStyles 2011/01/16 06:21:09
    Don Leuty
    +1
    I'm calling the US Government fat, but if the shoe fits....
  • NidStyles Don Leuty 2011/01/16 22:28:12
    NidStyles
    +1
    LOL! The shoe doesn't fit fortunately.
  • Don Leuty NidStyles 2011/01/17 20:38:04
    Don Leuty
    +1
    Good for you. I'm working my way toward returning to that minority and I'm almost half-way there.
  • Mrs. V 2011/01/15 05:34:25
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Mrs. V
    +1
    More than that they should cut the salary and bennies of ALL Government employees.
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    +1
    What about bankrupt and eventual rationing do people not understand. Either we reign in oursleves or we will be dictated to and reigned in by force. Bankrupt is bankrupt. The first thing that needs to happen is absolute government and private sector parity with all on a 401K. No more special treatment or entitlements for government jobs or teachers. All salaries should be on par with the private sector and retiement needs to moved for all to 70 years old--period!
  • Lynn 2011/01/15 04:41:02
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Lynn
    +2
    Does the term "financially insolvent" mean ANYTHING to the left?

The problem isnt that we dont tax enough, its that we promise too much. This CAN NOT continue unless you just WANT to bankrupt America.
  • IlliniRob Lynn 2011/01/15 06:25:07
    IlliniRob
    We could perhaps stop spending so much money on war.
  • Lynn IlliniRob 2011/01/15 17:57:13
    Lynn
    Tell that to Obama. He's in charge now. He promised an immediate and precipitous pullout. What happened?

Besides, the system was insolvent and headed for disaster long before Bush or Iraq ever happened.
  • Texoma 2011/01/15 00:36:54 (edited)
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Texoma
    +1
    They should be cut because they are out of control. No one has any personal responsibility any more. Why work hard and put away for the things that may happen when you can spend like mad now, file for bancruptcy later and force others to work for your retirement and medical care???

Make people live within their means now, put money away for retirement and medical care and those entitlements will NOT be needed. NO family NEEDS a Lexus and 5 bedroom house. But many familes GET those when the money being spent on them could be put aside for later and be less burdensome on the country.

But since they ARE available...You have welfare mothers (and fathers) making it a lfestyle rather than a stop gap. Hold parents accountible. If you're responsibile enough to MAKE a baby...then CARE for that baby.
  • cynsity 2011/01/15 00:31:22
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    cynsity
    +1
    The first flaw in the arguement is that there are ENTITLEMENTS. Someone please point out where in the US Constitutions. That for some reason and for some purpose people have been led to believe they are OWED something. Sorry, no one is owed anything

You may have paid into SS all yoru working life but unless you were paying in BEFORE 1919 you were not paying for yourself but for your parents and now you pay for your grandparents and parents as your children and theirs will pay for you. paying a tax doesn't mean you are entitled.

second, where does it say that taxes have to be used to pay to feed, house and cloth you? They are supposed to bhe used to ensure the defense of the nation and the maintaince of its infrastructure and that is all.

Now I can speak on this topic. I get Disability benefits from my service related injuries and these are also considered entitlements. If they cut these I can't make my house payment, however if they cut them now along with all the other so called entitlements and we get out of this deep dept and the tax burden goes down and people get back to work then I am okay with it. I will find a new wayto make ends meet. And I am not so hypicritial as to call my military disability payments anything but a extra entitlement, above and beyond m...

Now I can speak on this topic. I get Disability benefits from my service related injuries and these are also considered entitlements. If they cut these I can't make my house payment, however if they cut them now along with all the other so called entitlements and we get out of this deep dept and the tax burden goes down and people get back to work then I am okay with it. I will find a new wayto make ends meet. And I am not so hypicritial as to call my military disability payments anything but a extra entitlement, above and beyond my free medical care.

However, the best thing to do would be to first cut the useless expensive departments. The dep of Ed of engery of transportaion... all these dept cost billions to run and serve no purpose or are repetive and can be done at teh state level only.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2011/01/14 22:55:32
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    But under Obamacare, my "entitlements" have already been cut, and I live in a Democratically controlled State.
  • Bob 2011/01/14 22:52:53
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Bob
    +1
    Along with Privatizing Social Security to keep politicians fingers out of the till. Give the Medical Entitlements back to charity organizations to oversee.....
  • Autarchic 2011/01/14 22:48:37
    Autarchic
    I'm not stupid enough to believe that anyone on Capital Hill works for me.
  • Dave Sa... Autarchic 2011/01/14 22:56:18
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    But you are paying them to. :(
  • Autarchic Dave Sa... 2011/01/14 23:03:10
    Autarchic
    What makes you believe that everyone play their games?
  • hillbilly 2011/01/03 07:23:13 (edited)
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    hillbilly
    +2
    Most if not all the people I know and/or do business with, if given an option concerning the democrats ponzi scheme called social security , would have NEVER dropped a dime in that scam. Most if not all of those people could have invested that shake-down money more wisely and most if not all would have retired by now...... comfortably. That scam SS was based on the theory most Americans were imbeciles when it came to there own financial planning, as It turns out only proven to be a government ran flush fund to appease the peasants. SS IRS ETC ETC.................The welfare nanny state has to go in order for the country to survive... period,paragraph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Working ones way out of the "middle class" is whats made this country great, never to settle for mediocre. The poor and disabled will always be amongst us offering yet another great American aptitude, our
    charities. It's simple really buy a man a fish diner or teach him how to fish......
  • dropkick hillbilly 2011/01/03 18:49:28
    dropkick
    Do you or your family use SS, medicare or medicaid ?

Do you pay taxes and have a job ?
  • hillbilly dropkick 2011/01/08 05:53:51 (edited)
    hillbilly
    Have you ever heard the song (dropkick) me Jesus through the goal post of life? Are you gay ?whats your bank account number?, do you have a sister?,,,get the hell outta my business. Soda head ask what on your mine it's not a meet and greet, and no you can't come over and ponk my sister you dumb a$$. Ok, maybe I didn't have to be that rude it just sounded like you were taking a survey or something. No need to reply I've read some of your opinions and we have nothing but conflicting views.
  • ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2011/01/03 07:07:57 (edited)
    ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★
    I going to vote for President Obama 2012

vote president obama 2012
  • Mike W 2011/01/03 06:00:33 (edited)
    Yes we should cut these entitlements...
    Mike W
    +6
  • dropkick Mike W 2011/01/03 18:54:00
    dropkick
    SS is only paid to people that worked to earn it!

You are confusing welfare with SS and they are two completely different programs.

SS and medicare are not handouts they are tax payer money being returned to the tax payer.

Do you or any of your family use those programs because almost all middle class seniors rely on them for their survival ?
  • Mike W dropkick 2011/01/03 20:22:57
    Mike W
    +3
    Really ???? I think you are in error. Check out the social security disability benefits paid to those who cant read, didnt learn while in school along with those claiming drug and alcohol dependancy. HOW MANY hundreds of millions are they drawing out of the social security account ???
  • RageFury Mike W 2011/01/16 07:16:35
    RageFury
    Not to mention what the Government "borrows" and does not pay back to the fund.
  • Dave Sa... dropkick 2011/01/14 22:59:08
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Well actually, it IS tax money because they already spent what we paid in.
  • rustyshackelford 2011/01/03 05:18:19
  • dropkick rustysh... 2011/01/03 18:50:58
    dropkick
    +1
    If you don't use them you must have money stashed away because almost all middle class seniors rely in those programs for their survival!
  • rustysh... dropkick 2011/01/03 23:53:14
  • Monika rustysh... 2011/01/15 03:42:55
    Monika
    How can you invest if you have to pay into SS FICA? And what was SS and FICA for then?
  • flaca BN-0 2011/01/03 04:43:22
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    it's the usual misguided hitting on the middle class while giving unneeded tax cuts to the wealthy.
  • dropkick 2011/01/03 04:10:44
    dropkick
    +4
    If the American middle class does not wake up and see the lie the GOP is pushing they are going to cut their own throats while the wealthy laugh at them!

2014/07/31 09:26:21