Why does multi-millionaire Obama have family living in squalor?

☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2013/02/23 02:05:55
Barack Obama's Aunt and Uncle Found Living in Poverty - Yahoo! Voices Mobile

Barack Obama has another relative living in squalid poverty, in this case an aunt who resides in a slum in South Boston. Her name is Zeituni Onyango, a native of Kenya, and Barack Obama's father's sister.
Zeituni Onyango, who was prominently mentioned as "Aunt Zeituni" in Barack Obama's memoirs Dreams from My Father, lives in a disabled access apartment in a rundown section of Boston. Zeituni Onyango lives with her brother Omar and are the children of Barack Obama's Kenyan grandfather by his third wife. Zeituni Onyango is apparently without employment, but does some volunteer work and contributed some money to her nephew's campaign.

Omar, known as "Uncle Omar" in Barack Obama's memoirs, has also had hard times since moving to America. He was evicted from a previous apartment, lost a business, and was once attacked in an armed robbery.

Barack Obama, who is a millionaire and lives in a tony section of Chicago, has had to endure controversy before when it was revealed that his half brother George lives in a shack in a poor area on Nairobi, Kenya. Eyebrows have been raised at why a politician, who often touts the virtues of sharing and "spreading the wealth," seems unable or unwilling to help out relatives who are in need.

Barack Obama once boasted about he used to share his toys as a kindergartener. But the revelation of a brother and now an aunt and uncle living in squalid poverty proves, if nothing else, that Barack Obama has a little trouble with the concept of sharing as an adult.

Ed Morrissey, of Hotair.com, put it very well. "Matthew speaks of all men as brothers, but a failure to care for family speaks much louder than a failure to care for strangers. It makes Obama look a little hypocritical, especially after featuring Zeituni and Omar in one of the books that now provide a healthy income for the presidential candidate."

Why the stinginess when it comes to relatives? It is possible that Barack Obama simply does not understand the concept of private charity, even to close relations. Barack Obama seems to believe that his brother, aunt, and uncle would be better served if he were to become President and forced the rest of us to "share the wealth" so that his relatives would be taken care of without a lot of inconvenience to Barack Obama.

http://m.voices.yahoo.com/barack-obamas-aunt-uncle-found-livi...

• Boris D. 2013/02/23 07:39:00
    Like most liberals, he is stingy with his own money
    Boris D.
    +9
    Charity starts at home, not in Washington DC.

He is fine with using your money to support them, but is just as greedy as those that he constantly condemns for making their own money.

obama brothers keeper

• Gracie - Proud Conservative 2013/06/21 22:38:41
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Since his aunt had been living on welfare, how can they say that illegals can't get welfare?
  • TombstoneJim 2013/02/25 21:03:37
    TombstoneJim
    It is all about power and prestige, not actually giving a darn about people. If he really cared, he would take care of his extended family and get out of the way of job creation for everyone else.

Notice that ALL of the elites of both parties are not exactly falling over themselves in donating "their" money - not some "time" or a "performance", to building better schools or homes or clean air and water - Mr. Redford and his vast estate in Colorado, or Ms. Streisand’s massive homes....or, God Forbid Mr. Gores lavish mansion.....hummm, who really cares?..... Cut back on the glitz and glamour and then ask for my money…..it might make me more receptive to your Black Tie message.
  • Butterfly 2013/02/25 20:54:56
    He has turned his back and become the elite he claims to fight.
    Butterfly
    Liar.
  • ☆ElenaD... Butterfly 2013/02/25 22:57:10
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    You are really stupid.
  • Amber 2013/02/25 00:09:55
    Because.....
    Amber
    +1
    Because a person isn't responsible for taking care of his entire extended family financially. It may make him look a bit hypocritical, but maybe he thinks the millions of taxpayer dollars he gives to the unemployed already helps his Uncle out enough.
  • Butterfly Amber 2013/02/25 20:56:46
    Butterfly
    Mis guided.
  • Amber Butterfly 2013/02/25 21:11:45
  • wtxwoman 2013/02/24 22:34:09
    Because.....
    wtxwoman
    +2
    OMG! The children of grandfather's THIRD wife! Give me a break. Most people don't keep up with their first cousins after they get grown. I've researched my family tree back to the 1500s and forward to kids on same level with my great grandchildren. Believe me, I have had relatives living in the same small town and all the neighboring towns when I grew up and didn't know I was kin to them. Jeez!
  • Butterfly wtxwoman 2013/02/25 20:58:20 (edited)
    Butterfly
    Maybe it would be EASIER for you to understand, if you PRETENDED, IT WAS someone from the,,,,,,,RIGHT? You would not be posting, as you have...GUARANTEED.
    Obama knows his family. The aunt is on WELFARE, while being here ILLEGALLY. The Uncle? An alcoholic, also, has a Social Security number; fake. His aunt? Social Security number; fake. obama? FAKE.
  • wtxwoman Butterfly 2013/02/26 00:05:15
    wtxwoman
    Oh, give me a break. I would say that about anyone. I don't care which side they are on. I repeat, no one can be expected to keep up with all their relatives or near relatives. My family certainly doesn't. Just because he is president doesn't mean he owes every Tom, Dick and Harry or the female version some kind of allegiance. Get real!
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2013/02/24 18:13:23
    Because.....
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    Why do RWNJs regularly vote against their own best interests?
  • Natalie 2013/02/24 14:17:59 (edited)
    Because.....
    Natalie
    +3
    Even if this were accurate...
    There is more to a situation behind closed doors then what you get out of from such a limited perspective. Don't act like you know exactly what's going on to why this is the case.

It never occured to you that it simply might not be his fault or in his control that they are living this way? How about maybe that he probably did lend out some money to them in the past?

People are in poverty for a reason. Decisions are involved on their part.

By the way just because you give money to someone doesn't mean they will get out of poverty. It is up to their outlook in life/mentality/decisions that will determine their financial fate.

You also seem to show some negativity towards obama's idea of us Americans "spreading the wealth" It seems to me that you're probably a conservative who hates the idea of helping poor Americans? So you're criticizing him? Isn't that hypocritical on your part as well?

And its not liberals who have a hard time wanting to give money back, its generally conservatives. Why don't you criticize conservatives for not wanting to help fellow American citizens instead of stereotyping them as all lazy and abusing aid?
  • ☆ElenaD... Natalie 2013/02/24 17:01:13
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    It is accurate. Feel free to check it. It's been on huffpo, NBC, etc..
  • Butterfly Natalie 2013/02/25 21:03:57
    Butterfly
    "By the way just because you give money to someone doesn't mean they will get out of poverty. It is up to their outlook in life/mentality/decisions that will determine their financial fate."=Natalie.
    I agree, so WHY do the LEFT KEEP PUSHING THIS?

• FAILED LIBERAL IDEAS
    Liberal ideas are a lot of things: dangerous, wasteful, unconstitutional, even socialist at times.

start 1. The War on Poverty
    In their compassion for the poor, liberals earmarked $50 billion in 1964 to provide medical care, housing, cash transfers, and food subsidies to ease the plight of the disadvantaged.
    .
    Answer;
    Hatched by social engineers who cooked up President Lyndon Johnson’s "Great Society," the War on Poverty spawned a welfare mentality that has trapped the poor in a web of dependency, spent $16 trillion—without making a dent in the poverty rate—and will burn through another $10.3 trillion over the next 10 years.
    Throwing good money after bad: It just doesn’t make sense.
    .
  • sneekyfoot 2013/02/24 13:32:37
    Because.....
    sneekyfoot
    He is too busy to recycle them into a better existance , they should go to live in texas with George Bush at his crawford ranch .
  • Butterfly sneekyfoot 2013/02/25 21:13:41
    Butterfly
    HUH? The illegal aunt needs to be DEPORTED,,instead she receives all kind of welfare from the rest of us. What does Bush have to do with this? LAME. They can live with Obama in the WHITE HOUSE. Now, its Bush's FAULT,,,that obama has low life relatives??? What crap.
    /
    "I remember when Bush went to Africa and how the media made fun of him for dancing with tribals, while **Africans*** were describing him as the **great white hope for aids. ***I also remember Sting saying he was afraid Bush was going in for a hug when he shook his hand in a a global aids appreciation ceremony. . To me that is the left media shooting a fish in a barrel and disgusting. They also made fun of Jenna Bush and her help with aids, by dissing her "expensive" wedding, which was so low key compared to Chelsea Clinton. She could have helped aids patients with that money, if she really cared, dontchaknow."
  • twocrows 2013/02/24 10:59:53
    Because.....
    twocrows
    +2
    ok. we get it. you hate Obama so much you will simply make up mud to sling at him or swallow whole things others make up.

how do I know this is made up? because no journalist on the planet would use "grammar" like: "Barack Obama once boasted about he used to share his toys as a kindergartener."

So someone made something up and posted it on his blog and you, ever eager to believe the worst about our president, bought it hook, line and sinker thereby saying far less about Obama than about yourself.

hate is ugly. get over it. please.
  • ☆ElenaD... twocrows 2013/02/24 17:09:30
  • Butterfly ☆ElenaD... 2013/02/25 21:15:40
    Butterfly
    Yes, they are. They ONLY,,believe what LIAR, tells them.. Truth is,,FOREIGN to them. lol
  • La 2013/02/24 10:46:36
    Because.....
    La
    Idk. Because he doesn't want to share his money, he wants to keep it close? Tons of millionaires/billionaires do the same thing.
  • Butterfly La 2013/02/25 21:18:07
    Butterfly
    Not really, but You would think, with all of HIS talk about sharing the wealth, he would SHARE HIS! Obama is a multimillionare, and still, DRAWS a salary from us. Why? Then he wants michelle to receive a salary too. Not ENOUGH PERKS, being the pres and living in the white house?
    Those OTHER wealthy people give to charity's and have foundations for the poor and give to PBS.
  • Kevin 2013/02/24 07:50:28
  • ☆ElenaD... Kevin 2013/02/24 17:10:14
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    I don't need to, but yes, I would gladly give money to my aunt or uncle if they needed it.
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2013/02/24 07:40:13
    Because.....
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +4
    President Obama's father was never present during his life. This is the same man who abandoned him and his mother as a child. Obama never knew his father, nor his relatives very well. He wasn't connected to that family, and was far closer to his mother. This is yet another cheap shot conservatives take at president Obama.
  • Butterfly The Agi... 2013/02/25 21:20:40
    Butterfly
    So, his book of DREAMS FROM MY FATHER, IS A LIE?
  • holly go lightly 2013/02/23 20:12:09
    Because.....
    holly go lightly
    +2
    He knows they really are not his relations.
  • Butterfly holly g... 2013/02/25 21:21:25
    Butterfly
    +1
    They are. His dad had multiple wives, children.
  • holly g... Butterfly 2013/02/25 21:26:32
    holly go lightly
    that is if obama was his real father . dreams of my real father
  • gogleer 2013/02/23 19:54:58
    gogleer
    +1
    They should learn to cheat and lie. Then they could become unethical rich liberal progressive trash like Obama and so many of his supporters, they would at least do a better job of taking advantage of the or stealing from the American Freeloader system like the rest of his supporters.
  • Butterfly gogleer 2013/02/25 21:22:53
    Butterfly
    +1
    They already do, both have PHONY Social security numbers, and the aunt is here ILLEGALLY, and receiving welfare from the rest of us. Cheating and lying is their WAY OF LIFE.
  • gogleer Butterfly 2013/02/26 03:40:22
    gogleer
    LOL, yea I know that was my attempt at sarcasm. My point, if they were as good at it as obamma they too could be The Prez.
  • deidara.trueart 2013/02/23 18:46:43
  • Butterfly deidara... 2013/02/25 21:23:51
    Butterfly
    +1
    YES. why share HIS wealth, when he can use OUR money. lol
  • Beccy 2013/02/23 18:29:16
    Because.....
    +2
    Maybe they are not really his family. then too maybe he doesnt want to adknowledge them now that he is rich?
  • ☆ElenaD... Beccy 2013/02/23 20:06:47
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +2
    He has already acknowledged them in Dreams of My Father.
  • holly g... ☆ElenaD... 2013/02/23 20:16:37
    holly go lightly
    That doesn't make it so.
  • ☆ElenaD... holly g... 2013/02/23 21:07:34
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +2
    This is true, but if he is going to pretend they are relatives he should help them out.
  • holly g... ☆ElenaD... 2013/02/23 21:26:24
    holly go lightly
    +2
    it would certainly help his image............with some body.Not me.
  • ☆ElenaD... holly g... 2013/02/23 21:34:20
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +2
    Me either.
  • nails 2013/02/23 18:08:26
    Because.....
    nails
    +4
    Because he come's from squalor,and according to him,"we here in America have had it to good for far to long". His words,not mine.By the way,his Mother - in- law lives in our WH on
    your dime,practicing Vodoo.That's a fact. So he's not really that stingy with all his realitives.

2014/07/31 19:55:24