Why does Jesus forgive Child rapists but not blasphemers?

☠Marz555☠ 2009/02/08 16:18:20
bonus question: Should child rape be an unforgivable sin? Would that stop more people from raping children?

Luke 12:10: "Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Consider all of the people who live in the remote regions of the world who have never even heard the "gospel" of Jesus Christ. Consider the people who have naturally adhered to the religion of their parents and nation as they had been taught to do since birth. If we are to believe the Christians, all of these people will perish in the eternal fire for not believing in Jesus. It does not matter how just, kind, and generous they have been with their fellow humans during their lifetime: if they do not accept the gospel of Jesus, they are condemned. No just God would ever judge a man by his beliefs rather than his actions.

Leviticus 24:16 states that those who speak blasphemy "shall surely be put to death" by stoning.

• 519378 2009/02/09 00:26:34
    No, blasphemy is way worse than child rape
    519378
    +6
    The least among us are not God, so saying bad things about God is far more offensive to God.
    I find it interesting that in the Catholic Church that divorce will earn you Hell's fires with no chance of forgiveness, but you can be forgiven for murdering your spouse.
    So, to me, it appears that God wants you to kill your old spouse before you re-marry.

• Sunami Carpenter 2013/08/04 21:49:37
    Sunami Carpenter
    I agree there should be a choice of "other" because I am decided.
    I believe that child rape is one way humans blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Jesus said "Unless you become as one of these (a child he was referring to) you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven". Anyone who can see the beautiful, innocent, trusting, faith-filled spirit of a child could see my point. It's a violent attack against that very spirit in the child. So my answer would be that child rape IS one of the ways of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Which means they are both "worse".
  • seathanaich 2011/08/27 03:36:07
    Child rape is way worse than blasphemy...
    seathanaich
    +2
    Blasphemy isn't forgiven because it's a threat to the religion.

Rape is just a threat to the society.

People who invent religions are more interested in their religions than anything else in society. Religions are invented by humans to control other humans, so obviously keeping that control intact is the paramount concern.
  • Flea 2011/07/02 03:16:14
    Flea
    There should be an "other".
    The Holy Spirit is the communication link - call it your instincts, your gut, your intuition- between us here on earth and God. If you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, you're essentially leaving yourself up to no assistance or guidance from God. You have plunged yourself spiritually into darkness. That's worse than any physical sin you can perform.
  • ☠Marz555☠ Flea 2011/07/02 22:31:32 (edited)
    ☠Marz555☠
    Some of the daily things people do to, or let be done to their spirit on a daily level can and does erase their soul or allow their soul become imprisoned.

But, as far as offending an omnipotent deity by not recognizing a by certain name or following a particular ideology seems more likely a path that leads true spiritual enlightenment.

Was the point of the riddle of the Christ and the meaning of the parable, to believe in redemption of the spirit, to believe in immortality... Rather than follow and worship, as the paths their forefathers in the OT had walked?
  • Golden Ratio 2011/06/30 13:45:51
    Golden Ratio
    Jesus never did forgive child rapists.
    He said they were damned if they did not repent their sins to a God in heaven he believed was real. But we now know he was wrong aout that god in heaven, as after he was nailed on the cross that god in heaven did nothing to save his so called son that Jesus thought he was.
    Jesus was most likely a great man ahead of his time, and became delusional from his thoughts of a god in heaven being his father, as Jesus smoked hash and marijuana that were common in those times for people to do. That's how people back them found their gods, their religions, by getting stoned out of their minds.
    Those are facts of that time, think about it !!!!!
  • ☠Marz555☠ Golden ... 2011/06/30 20:19:01
    ☠Marz555☠
    Although I slam christianity all the time, I do realize the man and the words attributed to him were not all that devious.... As far as parables he could have spoken, but the addition of the roman empire obviously adding lines to the text that Jesus might have spoken, were obviously in order to ensure absolute subordination to it's leaders.
  • Doc. J 2011/06/30 10:09:20
    Doc. J
    +2
    But the deity in question has the worst godamn self esteem issues....

Reminds me of a neurotic pre-teen girl more than an all powerfull supernatural being.
  • ☠Marz555☠ Doc. J 2011/06/30 20:21:04
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    As far as I see, the god of the bible breaks all of the mortal sins all the time and does not qualify to be referred to as more than the puppet of the voice of man.
  • Jcap ~ Peace ~ 2009/06/20 05:28:05
    Jcap ~ Peace ~
    +2
    That damn god, it's all about HIM
  • icymore Jcap ~ ... 2011/08/27 03:39:18
    icymore
    I see what ya did there.
  • James 2009/05/03 18:39:26 (edited)
    James
    It's because of sin that terrible things happen in our life. But people must keep in mind that our bodies are temporary And one day will be put in the ground. People can question everything like I'm sure you heard this one. Why do bad things happen to good people? First of all the bible tell's us that there are none righteous, no not one. But to answer that question . God can not and does not pick sides or show favorism. Which means this. Even if your a christian and have been forgiven for your sins does eliminate the fact that you will still suffer for making bad choices(while you here on earth). just like the sinner. Just like the scripture that says. God will cause it to rain on the righteous and unrighteous. Blasphemers against the Holy Spirit is a spirital thing.God is spirit and He must be worshped in spirit and truth. Blasphey against the Holy Spirit is rejecting God and His power.
  • ☠Marz555☠ James 2009/06/20 04:48:58
    ☠Marz555☠
    blasphemy... you mean like denigrading god to a mortal cult leader who spouts petty trival squabble about the correct way to worship him and not to offend "his" frail ego?
  • James ☠Marz555☠ 2009/06/20 07:50:22
    James
    No! Means rejecting His Son and the free gift of salvation because of pride thinking just cause one appears to be good and thinks they can get to heaven on good works. There is only one way to God and that's by accepting the fact that God loves you so much that He took you place, your punishment in order that you could come into a relationship with Him.
  • Trinity 2009/05/03 15:29:10
    Trinity
    Jesus does forgive blasphemers, if you repent and have faith in Him. True Christians do not become faithful and keep doing what is wrong. They will never be perfect of course, but God knows the ones who's hearts are for Him and trying to do their best in glorifying Him. He is fair and Just.

As far as people who have not heard of Him? Here is his answer....there will not be one person who has not had a chance to make a choice....He promises that, He will forsake no one that wants to be His.
    Rom 15:21 but as it is written: "To whom He was not announced, they shall see; And those who have not heard shall understand."
  • ☠Marz555☠ Trinity 2009/06/20 05:03:15 (edited)
    ☠Marz555☠
    and call him jesus... right?

and believe each and every single perposterous word.... right?
  • Trinity ☠Marz555☠ 2009/06/20 06:23:32
    Trinity
    +1
    and believe every, single word, yes. It is completely full of wisdom and good sense in my opinion. There is truth in every word, and there is a specific reason for each and every thing.
  • icymore Trinity 2011/08/27 03:44:24
    icymore
    so you're okay with all the contradictions?
  • icymore Trinity 2011/08/27 03:41:34
    icymore
    "Jesus does forgive blasphemers"

you're ignoring scripture.

"there will not be one person who has not had a chance to make a choice"

what about people who have already died who never even heard of him?
  • bookworm42 2009/05/01 18:57:23
    bookworm42
    +1
    It is my personal opinion (which I am entitled to so please don't start bashing on me) that the reason they made it a hell worthy offense not to believe in Christ's teaching's is because they wanted to scare up a congragation of followers so that the church coffers would be filled.
    How would making child rape a hell worthy offense create the kind of cash needed to run a church? Not to mention that the church seems to think they need them to teach the word of god.
  • Lizard 2009/05/01 18:53:15
  • Trinity Lizard 2009/05/03 15:33:31
    Trinity
    That's what was "said" but you or I will never know because only God can know that. I have a hard time believing that too, he probably said it just to piss people off before he left. But, if he truly in his heart repented, and "GOT IT" before he died (which I doubt) I believe he is saved.
  • medarlin~xanax goddess~ 2009/02/12 08:26:11
    medarlin~xanax goddess~
    +4
    The thumpers can justify it saying the molesters see the light and therefore are forgiven their sins and will be in heaven with jesus, but those of us who don't believe and will never chant their mantra yet live a good life as good people will burn for eternity.

Blah
  • Blondie... medarli... 2009/04/30 22:26:02 (edited)
  • medarli... Blondie... 2009/05/01 01:23:40
    medarlin~xanax goddess~
    +1
    Tell that to the other "good christians" here who tell the rest of us we're going to burn in hell
  • Blondie... medarli... 2009/05/01 12:54:19
  • medarli... Blondie... 2009/05/01 15:29:16
    medarlin~xanax goddess~
    +1
    Thank you
  • Blondie... medarli... 2009/05/01 15:31:28
  • Trinity Blondie... 2009/05/03 15:39:45
    Trinity
    +1
    I totally agree with Blondie. The last thing I would ever want to do is push someone AWAY from the Lord. When you think about the position we are in trying to do what our faith tells us, we are in a difficult place. I like to come on here to hopefully "plant seeds." Not to bash others beliefs. One of the hardest things about being Christian is the argument that everyone has with us...."how can you be the only ones saved?" Well, as the Lord says, the road to life is a narrow one, and the road to death is wide. It's what WE are told, we're not trying to "be exclusive," that is the Lords plan!
  • Blondie... Trinity 2009/05/03 18:18:21
  • Trinity Blondie... 2009/05/30 00:41:03
    Trinity
    +1
    You're welcome.....sister!
  • Rah 2009/02/11 10:58:52
    Rah
    +1
    Child molestation is the worst crime I could imagine! It is a truly evil and, yes, unholy act. Blasphemy alone, on the other hand, does not cause harm to anyone. Some people might consider it a sin against God but if I have never heard of him how is that my fault? Isn't that his disciples fault for not spreading the word?
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2009/02/10 04:40:47
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +2
    There is only 1 unforgivable sin and that is refusing to exept Yeshua/Jesus as your Lord and Savior!
  • ☠Marz555☠ Isma'il... 2009/02/10 04:47:16
    ☠Marz555☠
    sucks huh?
  • Isma'il... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/04/30 22:20:43
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    Exuse me?
  • James Isma'il... 2009/04/30 22:05:20
    James
    +1
    Amen! Denying the power thereof.
  • Blondie... Isma'il... 2009/04/30 22:27:04
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2009/02/09 16:49:06
    Spizzzo BN-0
    I'll leave this issue to God.
  • 519378 2009/02/09 00:26:34
    519378
    +6
  • Rah 519378 2009/02/11 11:03:24
    Rah
    +1
    If you are genuinely ranking blasphemy above child rape I would rather you leave this site and never return, leave my planet and never return, and enter space, with no helmet.
  • 519378 Rah 2009/02/11 16:52:57
    519378
    +1
    The 10 Commandments include a ban on blasphemy, but no ban on Child-rape, so I think that the Judeo-Christian-Islam religion holy books and writings would agree with the statement I posted.
    I hope that you also find divorce to be less sinful than murder.
    I am glad you view the Judeo-Christian-Islam religion beliefs in the same way that I do.

2014/09/02 04:56:05