Why Do They Want to Pick on Ann Romney?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/19 18:38:06

What President in his right mind would authorize an attack on any mom as a woman who "never worked a day in her life"? How could the brilliant campaign strategist Obama shoot himself in the foot when the War on Women was going so well for him?

Ann Romney's oldest son Tagg was baffled why anyone would attack his mom when he was interviewed by Hugh Hewitt about growing up in the Romney home. Ann stayed home and raised their five sons and now has the joy of 16 grandkids.

In a word: the White House decision to attack Ann Romney was personal. To understand it, we need to look at two Anns: Ann Romney, and Obama's mother, Ann Dunham.

First, Ann Romney.

Tagg Romney: (laughing) I don't remember my mom ever eating a bon bon, or honestly, I don't remember her ever sitting down and watching TV. She was, I mean, I remember changing diapers, cleaning messes, cooking food, shopping for food, trying to get laundry done, make beds, driving kids to soccer practices. But I mean, we never had a nanny. We never had someone that was doing that stuff for us. A big part of her day was getting us to do jobs. And I think a lot of things would have been easier for her to do on her own, but she worked hard to make sure we learned how to work. So a lot of her work was teaching us how to work, whether it was teaching us how to clean bathrooms or mop the kitchen floor, or do the dishes, or set the table and those types of things. But she, her...my dad would always tell her that what he did was important, but what she did was much more important than what he was doing. ...

HH: And you didn't have a nanny?

TR: No, we did not have a nanny.... listen, Hugh, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't think my mom was a great mom and a hard-working person, and someone who cares deeply about other people. And in addition to working for our family, she was always busy in her community, whether it was working with United Way, or with at risk youth. She was busy volunteering and helping and doing what she could to give back to the community, and working in the church as well, and giving back to people in the church. Listen, she...I don't understand why they picked this fight. Of all the people, I think, you know, the reaction's been pretty positive from everybody saying leave Ann alone, she's a great person, and don't know why they'd want to pick on her.

Somehow Ann Romney also found time and energy to do non-paid work helping children in need. Her work outside the home has been devoted to at-risk youth, inner city girls, third world children, equine therapy programs for physically challenged children, literacy for children, the American Red Cross and the Perkins School for the Blind. She has also worked outside the home promoting advocacy and research for a cure for cancer and multiple sclerosis (two terrible illnesses she has suffered from herself). She is also a national prize-winning athlete as an equestrian, her personal lifelong passion. An admirable, good woman.

So why would the Obama campaign want to pick on her?

It was certainly purposeful. The White House chose a top political operative to attack Ann Romney. Hillary Rosen is somebody. She has visited the White House 35 times. She has had five personal work sessions with Obama, as well as meeting with Valerie Jarret and David Axelrod. Note that General Petraeus, former Commander of the U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, now CIA director, has only visited the White House nine times. Rosen is in the same league as Geithner, our Secretary of the Treasury, who has been to the White House 40 times. She is a top Obama operative.

So there is no question that sending Rosen out to bad mouth Ann Romney was a calculated political move. Not entirely dumb -- attacking stay at home Moms does, indeed, appeal to Obama's loyal liberal base. The attack has been picked up and amplified by Bill Maher ("what she meant to say, I think, was that Ann Romney has never gotten her ass out of the house to work"), by the head of NOW, by Democratic columnists. (They're probably genuinely regretful to learn that a third of the nations' Moms do not work in paying jobs, have a lower middle median family income of $64,000 and are likely to be Hispanic.)

As Rush Limbaugh points out:

The Romney's are the kind of people that Obama and Hilary Rosen and Democrat elitists just resent the heck out of. They look at them and think life has been easy for 'em, they're boring, they're nerds, they are Ward Cleaver. ...They see it in every traditional conservative: old-fashioned, fuddy-duddy, unhip, judgmental, moral, all those things that just scare the heck out of 'em.

Obama is not just any liberal whose teeth are set on edge by traditional family values, or by individuals that have succeeded in business. For Obama, the politics of envy is more than a campaign strategy. Envy gnaws at his core. Envy is alive and personal. As we hear in speech after speech, Obama sees America as an unfair place where the fortunate live at the expense of the unfortunate. Envy and grievance give his life meaning, they give him a cause. He is here to lead America to a better future, where people like the Romney's are vilified instead of admired. He wants them to pay. He dresses envy up in prettier words such as fairness, but underneath the idealism is a well of darker feelings, stemming from his life with his own mother.

Think of Ann Romney -- a woman remarkably blessed with a loving husband, a large flourishing family, rooted in her church and community, living the injunction to do good unto others. These qualities are obvious even from a bare bones biography as the most important values in her life. She is a woman of strength, character, love, discipline and charity. She is an admirable and enviable woman. For people who suffer from the sin of envy, their worst emotions are aroused by so much goodness and good fortune.

Ann Romney can even be envied because she has suffered and survived two of the greatest health scourges that afflict women in America -- cancer and multiple sclerosis -- and has turned both to the good, in promoting advocacy and research to save other women. As if that isn't enough, she is a national class athlete in her personal passion -- horses. (Horses! Every little girl's dream.) And perhaps most of all, she is a women dearly beloved. Ann and Mitt Romney were high school sweethearts who first met in grade school when he was a Cub Scout. She rode by on a horse and he threw pebbles at her. He proposed when she was 16, they were married when she was 19.

Ann Romney made her children her priority. But they were not the only thing in her life. Ann Romney has also devoted herself to other people's children, through organizations she founded, through the United Way, the Red Cross, her church. She could be the prototype of the old fashioned mother who is the backbone of her family and community through her hard work and big soul.

One thing Ann Romney cannot be envied for is a lazy, spoiled life.

This is the person Obama sent his minions out to discredit as a symbol of the spoiled, selfish people who make up the Republican Party.

How odd. Unless you suffer from envy as from a disease, as our President does. To understand, you must look at the first Ann in Obama's life, his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham. Ann Dunham's marriages and mothering couldn't be more different from the other Ann. No wonder Obama feels some people are haves and others are have-nots. As a child, he had no father, and barely had a mother. The main caregiver in his life was one weird grandfather.

According to Jack Cashill's research, published in many articles in The American Thinker, there never was an Obama family. Obama often says his father abandoned him when he was two, but this is not true. Ann Dunham took the baby and left for Seattle within a few weeks of Obama's birth, leaving Obama Sr. behind in Hawaii. When she returned a year later, Obama's father was gone, already at Harvard and dating other women, with a wife back in Kenya.

In short, Obama's parents never lived together. There was no Obama family. Nor does it sound like there was ever a marriage:

Obama writes in Dreams, "In fact, how and when the marriage occurred remains a bit murky, a bill of particulars that I've never quite had the courage to explore. There's no record of a real wedding, a cake, a ring, a giving away of the bride."

In his fair-minded biography, Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage, Christopher Andersen concedes, "There were certainly no witnesses -- no family members were present; and none of their friends at the university had the slightest inkling they were even engaged."

Another conflicting bit of evidence is that at the time of his alleged marriage to Ann Dunham, Barack Sr. had a pregnant wife and a son back in Kenya. There is more. In July 2008, speaking at a university roundtable, Michelle Obama said of Barack's mother that she was "very young and very single when she had him." This could well have been a slip of the tongue, but it may not have been.

What could be sadder for a little boy than to have a father who doesn't even want to lay eyes on you? Obama's deprivation didn't end there. Obama had no one making sure he was safe.

According to the New York Times, Ann Dunham did hire a nanny to care for her young son, the 'tranny nanny.'

His nanny was an openly gay man who, in keeping with Indonesia's relaxed attitudes toward homosexuality, carried on an affair with a local butcher, longtime residents said. The nanny later joined a group of transvestites called Fantastic Dolls, who, like the many transvestites who remain fixtures of Jakarta's streetscape, entertained people by dancing and playing volleyball.

Ann Dunham was too interested in being an anthropologist to be a stay at home Mom in Indonesia, with her overweight, lonely son. At the age of ten, when his new step-sister was one year-old, Obama moved to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. Here's how Obama describes his new family life:

"Obama had this to say about moving in with his grandparents: "I was to live with strangers." And: "I'd arrived at an unspoken pact with my grandparents; I could live with them and they'd leave me alone so long as I kept my troubles out of sight."

Cashill comments: "Feel the love?"

Obama's neglect and perhaps abuse as a child didn't end there.

Obama's grandfather chose a black male father figure for him: Frank Marshall Davis. Obama discusses Frank numerous times in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father," but he leaves out some of the most interesting details. Davis was a drinking buddy, who shared the same politics as Obama's grandfather. Davis was a member of the Communist Party. He wrote a fictionalized memoir boasting of his bisexual and pedophile exploits. In his memoir, Marshall describes how he and his white wife sexually abuse a 13-year-old girl entrusted to their care.

He and his wife would have sex with the girl. Anne came up many times the next several weeks, her aunt thinking she was in good hands. Actually she was. She obtained a course in practical sex from experienced and considerate practitioners rather than from ignorant insensitive neophytes....I think we did her a favour, although the pleasure was mutual."

This same Frank Marshall Davis, according to Obama's memoir, counseled Obama not to trust white people.

At one point in 1979 Mr. Davis described university as "an advanced degree in compromise" that was designed to keep blacks in their place. Mr. Obama quoted him as saying: "Leaving your race at the door. Leaving your people behind. Understand something, boy. You're not going to college to get educated. You're going there to get trained." He added that "they'll tank on your chain and let you know that you may be a well-trained, well-paid nigger, but you're a nigger just the same."

Obama writes that "Frank" told him that college was merely "an advanced degree in compromise," and cautioned him not to "start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that sh--." Davis also told Obama: "What I'm trying to tell you is your [white] grandma's right to be scared.... She understands that black people have a reason to hate. That's just how it is. For your sake, I wish it were otherwise. But it's not. So you might as well get used to it."

Once off at college, Obama wrote a poem called Pops:

Pop takes another shot, neat,

Points out the same amber

Stain on his shorts that I've got on mine, and

Makes me smell his smell, coming

From me...

Stands, shouts, and asks

For a hug, as I shrink, my

Arms barely reaching around

His thick, oily neck..."

To say that Obama had a tough childhood is putting it mildly.

When you compare Ann Romney and Ann Dunham, it is easy to understand Obama's gnawing envy. He should have worked on his problems long ago with the help of a minister or therapist.

Instead he was directed along a far left political path by his grandfather, his mother, his lonely dreams of impressing his absent African socialist father, and the teachings of his black Communist father figure, Frank Marshall Davis. Every single adult Obama depended on let him down then taught him the politics of envy.

Now Obama is trying to teach envy to the whole country; his reelection strategy is based on envy of the rich. He has projected his private demons of unfairness and deprivation onto America at large and is determined to fix us. With the media at heel, he is turning his Democrat followers into a nasty mob, which loyally attacks each Republican target in turn.

This week it was Ann Romney's turn to be demeaned and vilified. Obama calls it fairness. Let us hope the majority of the American public, who truly are fair, will see that underneath Obama's charming smile is a lot of pain that is dangerous to the health of this country.

We deserve better. We deserve the Romney's.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/why_do_they_want_to_pi...

• Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 14:06:27
    Sheila
    +1
    Your green eyes are showing. Their parents covered their expenses. SO WHAT??
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/23 18:44:38 (edited)
    my2cents
    Obama and Michelle covered their OWN expenses; they got scholarships and took out loans. And even with all that debt when they graduated from Harvard Law, they still went into public service.

Mitt came from money, was supported by money, and when he graduated from Harvard, chose a career where he could make even more money.

BTW, we're covering our eldest's college as well. Tuition, room and board, the whole thing. And we just bought her a new car as well. Does that make us Romney-ish?
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 20:01:01
    Sheila
    +1
    Well apparently it does. YOU are the one who is all "wee weed" up about their parents trying to give them a good life. Why are you doing it? Why is it ok for you but not for them?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/24 04:55:03 (edited)
    my2cents
    I'm not saying it's not okay, but if my eldest at some point later says she made her own way in life, I'd pop her on the head. She has had all the advantages of our success, just like Mitt had.

My husband and I, on the other hand, did make our own way. No one paid our tuition or way through college, we worked and got scholarships and took out loans that we paid back after graduating, like Barack and Michelle did. That's undoubtedly why I identify with them.
  • my2cents Barbara... 2012/04/20 18:32:11
    my2cents
    Oh yeah, and let's vote for Romney because his wife had cancer and MS. That will get the pity vote.

Pathetic.
  • belle my2cents 2012/04/20 20:08:03
    belle
    +4
    Kinda like the way John Edwards drug his wife that had cancer on the dampaign trail until she smarten up and kicked him to the curb.
  • my2cents belle 2012/04/21 15:12:57 (edited)
    my2cents
    He's not running for President. Or is he in your universe?
  • belle my2cents 2012/04/21 15:51:27
    belle
    +3
    Can you not comprehend anything. I never said he was running for anything today. Besides his wife is dead, so he couldn't be dragging her around now , could he??? It was a comparison. You seem to be the one in another workd, What a dumbass reply from you.
  • my2cents belle 2012/04/22 07:48:48
    my2cents
    Epic fail. Your comparison obviously didn't make sense.
  • belle my2cents 2012/04/22 17:54:02
    belle
    +2
    because you don't want it to make sense, which is no surprise.
  • my2cents belle 2012/04/23 19:16:00
    my2cents
    I do admit I have trouble stooping to the low level of discourse many conservatives display here. I'll take that as a compliment.
  • belle my2cents 2012/04/23 19:35:54
    belle
    +1
    In your case no compliment
  • my2cents belle 2012/04/24 05:00:21
    my2cents
    ;-)
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 14:08:17
    Sheila
    +1
    LOL, no he is only running for jail time right now!! Step up for him huh?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/23 19:16:23
    my2cents
    +1
    He'll get what he deserves!
  • my2cents Barbara... 2012/04/21 14:59:45
    my2cents
    Romney fed at the public trough when he was governor of Mass, and attempted to do so again when he ran for Senate. Romney lost, Obama didn't. And Ann has never had a "career". Balmy has never mentioned Ann Romney at all. And you may elect a president based on his wife having MS; my standards are higher than that.
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 14:09:24
    Sheila
    +1
    Yea, he has to be black to get your vote. Waaayyy higher standards there.
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/24 05:04:58
    my2cents
    Oh no you didn't!!

race
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/24 14:24:23
    Sheila
    +2
    Youre right. Again I apoligise. That is rare...lol.... I was out of line there.
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/26 18:55:43 (edited)
    my2cents
    No prob, just giving you a tweak.

I'm sure I would have voted for Obama even if he had been white.
  • dispatcher 2012/04/20 16:14:02
    dispatcher
    +4
    Because she is probably smarter than most of the left wing morons..
  • my2cents dispatcher 2012/04/22 07:49:26
    my2cents
    That's a BIG "probably". LOL
  • johnc 2012/04/20 16:01:35
    johnc
    +4
    There is a need from the left to distract from Obamas record, empty words, and agenda.
  • my2cents johnc 2012/04/22 07:49:45
    my2cents
    And thank you for doing that for us! Ha!
  • johnc my2cents 2012/04/22 15:06:01
    johnc
    +3
    sideshow are fun it shows the desparation of Obie.

who will be next? I see dems in congress are starting to realize Obie is giving them the under the bus toss. and One already said, I can toss too. will more follow? I am thinking a landslide, ever notice no congress person gets on the stage with Obie for a prompter reading?
  • my2cents johnc 2012/04/24 05:08:09
    my2cents
    The GOP primary was the biggest clown show of them all.

I miss the debates.
  • johnc my2cents 2012/04/24 13:35:59
    johnc
    +1
    Obie and Romney will have a few. and we know the Obama off prompter, not a pretty picture.
  • my2cents johnc 2012/04/27 02:40:13
    my2cents
    Obama had debates with McCain and won the election.

I think he'll do just fine.
  • johnc my2cents 2012/04/27 02:58:34
    johnc
    +1
    Ah, yes, the man of words,

We might even see ads that show the Clinton interview of Bill saying when ask what he thought of Obamas words? "Just words," 3 years of Obama more and more understand what that means.

NOBAMA 2012
  • babibumer 2012/04/20 15:59:20
    babibumer
    +2
    How unashamedly the Right chooses to distort the facts. Hilary Rosen's comments, first of all were true, but immediately rejected by both the President and the First Lady. Rosen said it. It was true. Everyone knows that she referring to working outside the home and all the editors left our her next sentence which clearly stated so. Even so an immediate statement came from the President and First Lady. So why are you posting saying that the president "authorized an attack" on Ann Romney. Another Right Winger who has no shame to just stand up and spout lies, mistruths, and misrepresentations. Of course, we've come to expect no less.
  • Apache babibumer 2012/04/20 16:52:12
  • babibumer Apache 2012/04/20 17:26:40
    babibumer
    There's no mind-reading to be done. All you had to do is hear the unedited version of what she said - but no - Fox News would never let you hear the next sentence. So - I guess I SHOULD have said - Everyone knows that she is referring to working outside the home UNLESS you're only listening to Fox News.
  • my2cents babibumer 2012/04/20 19:38:49
    my2cents
    They don't care what the truth is. That's why I don't trust conservatives any further than I can throw them.

They're either the most dishonest people on earth, or the dumbest. Either is dangerous.
  • bob 2012/04/20 15:24:55
    bob
    +1
    If you want to campaign you pay the comuppins
  • Sheila bob 2012/04/20 17:28:40
    Sheila
    +2
    Tell me again how the press agreed with Obama that family was off limits during the campaigN??
  • Don 2012/04/20 15:15:44
    Don
    +6
    It's not just her. It's any conservative women.
    NOW doesn't represent all women - just liberal women.
    Liberals are frauds.
  • Bali 2012/04/20 14:58:59
    Bali
    +6
    moochelle is jealous because ann looks like a human.
  • AdLib Bali 2012/04/20 15:36:34
    AdLib
    +3
    What a racist pig comment!
  • Bali AdLib 2012/04/20 15:37:06
    Bali
    +5
    how was that racist imbecile?
  • johnc Bali 2012/04/20 16:03:21
    johnc
    +5
    it is all they have the tired worn out race card.

2014/11/26 21:37:06