Why Do They Want to Pick on Ann Romney?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/19 18:38:06

What President in his right mind would authorize an attack on any mom as a woman who "never worked a day in her life"? How could the brilliant campaign strategist Obama shoot himself in the foot when the War on Women was going so well for him?

Ann Romney's oldest son Tagg was baffled why anyone would attack his mom when he was interviewed by Hugh Hewitt about growing up in the Romney home. Ann stayed home and raised their five sons and now has the joy of 16 grandkids.

In a word: the White House decision to attack Ann Romney was personal. To understand it, we need to look at two Anns: Ann Romney, and Obama's mother, Ann Dunham.

First, Ann Romney.

Tagg Romney: (laughing) I don't remember my mom ever eating a bon bon, or honestly, I don't remember her ever sitting down and watching TV. She was, I mean, I remember changing diapers, cleaning messes, cooking food, shopping for food, trying to get laundry done, make beds, driving kids to soccer practices. But I mean, we never had a nanny. We never had someone that was doing that stuff for us. A big part of her day was getting us to do jobs. And I think a lot of things would have been easier for her to do on her own, but she worked hard to make sure we learned how to work. So a lot of her work was teaching us how to work, whether it was teaching us how to clean bathrooms or mop the kitchen floor, or do the dishes, or set the table and those types of things. But she, her...my dad would always tell her that what he did was important, but what she did was much more important than what he was doing. ...

HH: And you didn't have a nanny?

TR: No, we did not have a nanny.... listen, Hugh, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't think my mom was a great mom and a hard-working person, and someone who cares deeply about other people. And in addition to working for our family, she was always busy in her community, whether it was working with United Way, or with at risk youth. She was busy volunteering and helping and doing what she could to give back to the community, and working in the church as well, and giving back to people in the church. Listen, she...I don't understand why they picked this fight. Of all the people, I think, you know, the reaction's been pretty positive from everybody saying leave Ann alone, she's a great person, and don't know why they'd want to pick on her.

Somehow Ann Romney also found time and energy to do non-paid work helping children in need. Her work outside the home has been devoted to at-risk youth, inner city girls, third world children, equine therapy programs for physically challenged children, literacy for children, the American Red Cross and the Perkins School for the Blind. She has also worked outside the home promoting advocacy and research for a cure for cancer and multiple sclerosis (two terrible illnesses she has suffered from herself). She is also a national prize-winning athlete as an equestrian, her personal lifelong passion. An admirable, good woman.

So why would the Obama campaign want to pick on her?

It was certainly purposeful. The White House chose a top political operative to attack Ann Romney. Hillary Rosen is somebody. She has visited the White House 35 times. She has had five personal work sessions with Obama, as well as meeting with Valerie Jarret and David Axelrod. Note that General Petraeus, former Commander of the U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, now CIA director, has only visited the White House nine times. Rosen is in the same league as Geithner, our Secretary of the Treasury, who has been to the White House 40 times. She is a top Obama operative.

So there is no question that sending Rosen out to bad mouth Ann Romney was a calculated political move. Not entirely dumb -- attacking stay at home Moms does, indeed, appeal to Obama's loyal liberal base. The attack has been picked up and amplified by Bill Maher ("what she meant to say, I think, was that Ann Romney has never gotten her ass out of the house to work"), by the head of NOW, by Democratic columnists. (They're probably genuinely regretful to learn that a third of the nations' Moms do not work in paying jobs, have a lower middle median family income of $64,000 and are likely to be Hispanic.)

As Rush Limbaugh points out:

The Romney's are the kind of people that Obama and Hilary Rosen and Democrat elitists just resent the heck out of. They look at them and think life has been easy for 'em, they're boring, they're nerds, they are Ward Cleaver. ...They see it in every traditional conservative: old-fashioned, fuddy-duddy, unhip, judgmental, moral, all those things that just scare the heck out of 'em.

Obama is not just any liberal whose teeth are set on edge by traditional family values, or by individuals that have succeeded in business. For Obama, the politics of envy is more than a campaign strategy. Envy gnaws at his core. Envy is alive and personal. As we hear in speech after speech, Obama sees America as an unfair place where the fortunate live at the expense of the unfortunate. Envy and grievance give his life meaning, they give him a cause. He is here to lead America to a better future, where people like the Romney's are vilified instead of admired. He wants them to pay. He dresses envy up in prettier words such as fairness, but underneath the idealism is a well of darker feelings, stemming from his life with his own mother.

Think of Ann Romney -- a woman remarkably blessed with a loving husband, a large flourishing family, rooted in her church and community, living the injunction to do good unto others. These qualities are obvious even from a bare bones biography as the most important values in her life. She is a woman of strength, character, love, discipline and charity. She is an admirable and enviable woman. For people who suffer from the sin of envy, their worst emotions are aroused by so much goodness and good fortune.

Ann Romney can even be envied because she has suffered and survived two of the greatest health scourges that afflict women in America -- cancer and multiple sclerosis -- and has turned both to the good, in promoting advocacy and research to save other women. As if that isn't enough, she is a national class athlete in her personal passion -- horses. (Horses! Every little girl's dream.) And perhaps most of all, she is a women dearly beloved. Ann and Mitt Romney were high school sweethearts who first met in grade school when he was a Cub Scout. She rode by on a horse and he threw pebbles at her. He proposed when she was 16, they were married when she was 19.

Ann Romney made her children her priority. But they were not the only thing in her life. Ann Romney has also devoted herself to other people's children, through organizations she founded, through the United Way, the Red Cross, her church. She could be the prototype of the old fashioned mother who is the backbone of her family and community through her hard work and big soul.

One thing Ann Romney cannot be envied for is a lazy, spoiled life.

This is the person Obama sent his minions out to discredit as a symbol of the spoiled, selfish people who make up the Republican Party.

How odd. Unless you suffer from envy as from a disease, as our President does. To understand, you must look at the first Ann in Obama's life, his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham. Ann Dunham's marriages and mothering couldn't be more different from the other Ann. No wonder Obama feels some people are haves and others are have-nots. As a child, he had no father, and barely had a mother. The main caregiver in his life was one weird grandfather.

According to Jack Cashill's research, published in many articles in The American Thinker, there never was an Obama family. Obama often says his father abandoned him when he was two, but this is not true. Ann Dunham took the baby and left for Seattle within a few weeks of Obama's birth, leaving Obama Sr. behind in Hawaii. When she returned a year later, Obama's father was gone, already at Harvard and dating other women, with a wife back in Kenya.

In short, Obama's parents never lived together. There was no Obama family. Nor does it sound like there was ever a marriage:

Obama writes in Dreams, "In fact, how and when the marriage occurred remains a bit murky, a bill of particulars that I've never quite had the courage to explore. There's no record of a real wedding, a cake, a ring, a giving away of the bride."

In his fair-minded biography, Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage, Christopher Andersen concedes, "There were certainly no witnesses -- no family members were present; and none of their friends at the university had the slightest inkling they were even engaged."

Another conflicting bit of evidence is that at the time of his alleged marriage to Ann Dunham, Barack Sr. had a pregnant wife and a son back in Kenya. There is more. In July 2008, speaking at a university roundtable, Michelle Obama said of Barack's mother that she was "very young and very single when she had him." This could well have been a slip of the tongue, but it may not have been.

What could be sadder for a little boy than to have a father who doesn't even want to lay eyes on you? Obama's deprivation didn't end there. Obama had no one making sure he was safe.

According to the New York Times, Ann Dunham did hire a nanny to care for her young son, the 'tranny nanny.'

His nanny was an openly gay man who, in keeping with Indonesia's relaxed attitudes toward homosexuality, carried on an affair with a local butcher, longtime residents said. The nanny later joined a group of transvestites called Fantastic Dolls, who, like the many transvestites who remain fixtures of Jakarta's streetscape, entertained people by dancing and playing volleyball.

Ann Dunham was too interested in being an anthropologist to be a stay at home Mom in Indonesia, with her overweight, lonely son. At the age of ten, when his new step-sister was one year-old, Obama moved to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. Here's how Obama describes his new family life:

"Obama had this to say about moving in with his grandparents: "I was to live with strangers." And: "I'd arrived at an unspoken pact with my grandparents; I could live with them and they'd leave me alone so long as I kept my troubles out of sight."

Cashill comments: "Feel the love?"

Obama's neglect and perhaps abuse as a child didn't end there.

Obama's grandfather chose a black male father figure for him: Frank Marshall Davis. Obama discusses Frank numerous times in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father," but he leaves out some of the most interesting details. Davis was a drinking buddy, who shared the same politics as Obama's grandfather. Davis was a member of the Communist Party. He wrote a fictionalized memoir boasting of his bisexual and pedophile exploits. In his memoir, Marshall describes how he and his white wife sexually abuse a 13-year-old girl entrusted to their care.

He and his wife would have sex with the girl. Anne came up many times the next several weeks, her aunt thinking she was in good hands. Actually she was. She obtained a course in practical sex from experienced and considerate practitioners rather than from ignorant insensitive neophytes....I think we did her a favour, although the pleasure was mutual."

This same Frank Marshall Davis, according to Obama's memoir, counseled Obama not to trust white people.

At one point in 1979 Mr. Davis described university as "an advanced degree in compromise" that was designed to keep blacks in their place. Mr. Obama quoted him as saying: "Leaving your race at the door. Leaving your people behind. Understand something, boy. You're not going to college to get educated. You're going there to get trained." He added that "they'll tank on your chain and let you know that you may be a well-trained, well-paid nigger, but you're a nigger just the same."

Obama writes that "Frank" told him that college was merely "an advanced degree in compromise," and cautioned him not to "start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that sh--." Davis also told Obama: "What I'm trying to tell you is your [white] grandma's right to be scared.... She understands that black people have a reason to hate. That's just how it is. For your sake, I wish it were otherwise. But it's not. So you might as well get used to it."

Once off at college, Obama wrote a poem called Pops:

Pop takes another shot, neat,

Points out the same amber

Stain on his shorts that I've got on mine, and

Makes me smell his smell, coming

From me...

Stands, shouts, and asks

For a hug, as I shrink, my

Arms barely reaching around

His thick, oily neck..."

To say that Obama had a tough childhood is putting it mildly.

When you compare Ann Romney and Ann Dunham, it is easy to understand Obama's gnawing envy. He should have worked on his problems long ago with the help of a minister or therapist.

Instead he was directed along a far left political path by his grandfather, his mother, his lonely dreams of impressing his absent African socialist father, and the teachings of his black Communist father figure, Frank Marshall Davis. Every single adult Obama depended on let him down then taught him the politics of envy.

Now Obama is trying to teach envy to the whole country; his reelection strategy is based on envy of the rich. He has projected his private demons of unfairness and deprivation onto America at large and is determined to fix us. With the media at heel, he is turning his Democrat followers into a nasty mob, which loyally attacks each Republican target in turn.

This week it was Ann Romney's turn to be demeaned and vilified. Obama calls it fairness. Let us hope the majority of the American public, who truly are fair, will see that underneath Obama's charming smile is a lot of pain that is dangerous to the health of this country.

We deserve better. We deserve the Romney's.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/why_do_they_want_to_pi...

• cut and... dominic... 2012/04/20 04:05:54
    cut and paste king
    +1
    he rewarded me with 4 prosperous peaceful years !
  • AL cut and... 2012/04/20 07:30:15
    AL
    Did Obama also give you lap dog treats for 4 years as well then?
  • cut and... AL 2012/04/20 07:45:53
    cut and paste king
    no actually i dont need them i live very comftable , no president has ever giving me anything and i never needed a president to give me anything i do very well on my own 2 feet
  • AL cut and... 2012/04/20 08:01:44
    AL
    I just wonder who likes that fact that you're an Obama lap-you or him?
  • cut and... AL 2012/04/20 12:25:19
    cut and paste king
    the same as u re with romney
  • AL cut and... 2012/04/22 06:56:07
    AL
    Just be very careful now you hear,because you know how much Obama Loves Dog (meat) that is!
  • cut and... AL 2012/04/22 11:51:31
    cut and paste king
    i had it when i was stationed in the philipines and so did thousands of american soldiers it was delicious !
  • AL AL 2012/04/23 06:41:03
    AL
    WOW! So I see you're just another Dog Lover just like your Clown Prince Obozo then, That also faked Shock over the way Romney treated his own dog!
  • Hank 2012/04/19 20:31:29
    Hank
    +9
    Desperate times call for desperate measures ! When I bring "nothing" to the table, I must attempt to creat a diversion from what I factually can do. When I "can do" nothing I attempt to deflect any attention to my shortcomings by drawing undeserved attention to someone else. People who can think are aware of the immeasurable damage done by the "shell" game presently being utilized to make the prez look better at anyone's expense. You know the prez would not stoop to anything so low.....he would have someone else do it for him !
  • CMackle... Hank 2012/04/19 21:28:40
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +8
    Yep, Alinsky 101.
  • my2cents CMackle... 2012/04/20 19:18:22
    my2cents
    How long have you been an Alinsky scholar?
  • CMackle... my2cents 2012/04/20 21:17:12
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I read 'Rules for Radicals' in 2009 and studied up on the man quite a bit. You have to know your enemies to defeat them.
  • my2cents CMackle... 2012/04/21 09:05:55
    my2cents
    And conservatives buy that excuse?
  • CMackle... my2cents 2012/04/22 01:23:11
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Excuse for what? For knowing how radicals bent on the destruction of America think?
  • my2cents CMackle... 2012/04/22 09:12:53
    my2cents
    The excuse that you follow the teachings of Alinsky because you want to destroy him.
  • CMackle... my2cents 2012/04/23 17:06:21
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Are you really that dense? I don't follow his 'teachings'. I recognize and counter them. As I try to do to all enemies of individual freedoms.
  • FanOreilly 2012/04/19 20:29:55
    FanOreilly
    +23
    Because Ann is a threat to left wing power.
  • Cal FanOreilly 2012/04/19 22:54:26
  • cut and... Cal 2012/04/19 23:43:05
    cut and paste king
    +1
    the woman is a creep pretending shes a stay home mom ? never had a 9 to 5 job never had to drop off kids at babysitter , never had her credit card max out never sat in a table with a bunch of bills in her hand figuring how to pay them
  • Cal cut and... 2012/04/19 23:58:22
    Cal
    +1
    I don't remember stay at home mom having any pre-requisites. Maybe you'd be nice enough to link me to the job on the Department of Labor?? Typical liberal justification.
  • cut and... Cal 2012/04/20 00:02:09
    cut and paste king
    +1
    i raised 3 kids by myself single parent , and what shes selling i aint buying
  • Cal cut and... 2012/04/20 00:09:36
    Cal
    +1
    Nothing. I'm just saying, I don't feel the need to judge others. She's had it hard, you had it hard, it's hard. I couldn't raise a kid.
  • cut and... Cal 2012/04/20 00:12:22
    cut and paste king
    +1
    come on she comes from a wealthy family and she landed on $250 million
    please how much bull can i take ?
  • Cal cut and... 2012/04/20 00:18:28
    Cal
    +3
    Bull? I don't care how much bestiality your free time involves. We're talking about stay at home moms. The same as you. Money is irrelevant. Typical liberal debate...do you people come without obvious double standards? Maybe I'm finding the wrong liberals.
  • cut and... Cal 2012/04/20 00:26:44
    cut and paste king
    +1
    well mr bestiality i raised 3 kids by myself and had to work 9 to 5 so i dont think that neither u or ann romney are gonna sell me the crap that u both are selling . u wanna buy her crap thats your right !
  • Cal cut and... 2012/04/20 00:36:16
    Cal
    +2
    Yeah your right, I don't feel like being a hypocrite. sorry you feel that's right. Good luck with your bull.
  • AL cut and... 2012/04/20 02:12:26
    AL
    spam alert!
  • dallas AL 2012/04/20 07:00:04
  • AL dallas 2012/04/20 07:06:30
    AL
    I don't use cut and paste propaganda none stop myself Doll ass!
  • dallas AL 2012/04/20 07:12:12
  • AL dallas 2012/04/20 07:16:34
    AL
    +1
    LOL! It was your very own good friend "info se"! In fact the very same thing was posted at least 12 times word for word was well
  • dallas AL 2012/04/20 14:55:06
  • AL dallas 2012/04/22 06:58:22
    AL
    Seems like it hasn't been posted eough in fact! Yet No one has spamed the very some think word for word doing it either
  • dallas AL 2012/04/22 17:56:42 (edited)
  • AL dallas 2012/04/23 06:43:48
    AL
    +1
    Impeach All? Does being stupid just come naturallly for you,or do you work real hard at it instead?
  • dallas AL 2012/04/23 13:20:22
  • AL dallas 2012/04/23 23:06:47
    AL
    +1
    Do you have any idea at all of just how stupid you sound at this point?
  • dominic... cut and... 2012/04/20 03:39:51
    dominic garcia
    +1
    Sure you did......
  • exhon2009 Cal 2012/04/20 04:36:06
    exhon2009
    +3
    re "Maybe I'm finding the wrong liberals".

No, 99.9% of them are the same.
  • my2cents Cal 2012/04/21 09:08:40
    my2cents
    Conservatives worship people like Trump and Romney for their wealth alone.

2014/11/24 07:01:39