Why Do They Want to Pick on Ann Romney?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/19 18:38:06

What President in his right mind would authorize an attack on any mom as a woman who "never worked a day in her life"? How could the brilliant campaign strategist Obama shoot himself in the foot when the War on Women was going so well for him?

Ann Romney's oldest son Tagg was baffled why anyone would attack his mom when he was interviewed by Hugh Hewitt about growing up in the Romney home. Ann stayed home and raised their five sons and now has the joy of 16 grandkids.

In a word: the White House decision to attack Ann Romney was personal. To understand it, we need to look at two Anns: Ann Romney, and Obama's mother, Ann Dunham.

First, Ann Romney.

Tagg Romney: (laughing) I don't remember my mom ever eating a bon bon, or honestly, I don't remember her ever sitting down and watching TV. She was, I mean, I remember changing diapers, cleaning messes, cooking food, shopping for food, trying to get laundry done, make beds, driving kids to soccer practices. But I mean, we never had a nanny. We never had someone that was doing that stuff for us. A big part of her day was getting us to do jobs. And I think a lot of things would have been easier for her to do on her own, but she worked hard to make sure we learned how to work. So a lot of her work was teaching us how to work, whether it was teaching us how to clean bathrooms or mop the kitchen floor, or do the dishes, or set the table and those types of things. But she, her...my dad would always tell her that what he did was important, but what she did was much more important than what he was doing. ...

HH: And you didn't have a nanny?

TR: No, we did not have a nanny.... listen, Hugh, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't think my mom was a great mom and a hard-working person, and someone who cares deeply about other people. And in addition to working for our family, she was always busy in her community, whether it was working with United Way, or with at risk youth. She was busy volunteering and helping and doing what she could to give back to the community, and working in the church as well, and giving back to people in the church. Listen, she...I don't understand why they picked this fight. Of all the people, I think, you know, the reaction's been pretty positive from everybody saying leave Ann alone, she's a great person, and don't know why they'd want to pick on her.

Somehow Ann Romney also found time and energy to do non-paid work helping children in need. Her work outside the home has been devoted to at-risk youth, inner city girls, third world children, equine therapy programs for physically challenged children, literacy for children, the American Red Cross and the Perkins School for the Blind. She has also worked outside the home promoting advocacy and research for a cure for cancer and multiple sclerosis (two terrible illnesses she has suffered from herself). She is also a national prize-winning athlete as an equestrian, her personal lifelong passion. An admirable, good woman.

So why would the Obama campaign want to pick on her?

It was certainly purposeful. The White House chose a top political operative to attack Ann Romney. Hillary Rosen is somebody. She has visited the White House 35 times. She has had five personal work sessions with Obama, as well as meeting with Valerie Jarret and David Axelrod. Note that General Petraeus, former Commander of the U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, now CIA director, has only visited the White House nine times. Rosen is in the same league as Geithner, our Secretary of the Treasury, who has been to the White House 40 times. She is a top Obama operative.

So there is no question that sending Rosen out to bad mouth Ann Romney was a calculated political move. Not entirely dumb -- attacking stay at home Moms does, indeed, appeal to Obama's loyal liberal base. The attack has been picked up and amplified by Bill Maher ("what she meant to say, I think, was that Ann Romney has never gotten her ass out of the house to work"), by the head of NOW, by Democratic columnists. (They're probably genuinely regretful to learn that a third of the nations' Moms do not work in paying jobs, have a lower middle median family income of $64,000 and are likely to be Hispanic.)

As Rush Limbaugh points out:

The Romney's are the kind of people that Obama and Hilary Rosen and Democrat elitists just resent the heck out of. They look at them and think life has been easy for 'em, they're boring, they're nerds, they are Ward Cleaver. ...They see it in every traditional conservative: old-fashioned, fuddy-duddy, unhip, judgmental, moral, all those things that just scare the heck out of 'em.

Obama is not just any liberal whose teeth are set on edge by traditional family values, or by individuals that have succeeded in business. For Obama, the politics of envy is more than a campaign strategy. Envy gnaws at his core. Envy is alive and personal. As we hear in speech after speech, Obama sees America as an unfair place where the fortunate live at the expense of the unfortunate. Envy and grievance give his life meaning, they give him a cause. He is here to lead America to a better future, where people like the Romney's are vilified instead of admired. He wants them to pay. He dresses envy up in prettier words such as fairness, but underneath the idealism is a well of darker feelings, stemming from his life with his own mother.

Think of Ann Romney -- a woman remarkably blessed with a loving husband, a large flourishing family, rooted in her church and community, living the injunction to do good unto others. These qualities are obvious even from a bare bones biography as the most important values in her life. She is a woman of strength, character, love, discipline and charity. She is an admirable and enviable woman. For people who suffer from the sin of envy, their worst emotions are aroused by so much goodness and good fortune.

Ann Romney can even be envied because she has suffered and survived two of the greatest health scourges that afflict women in America -- cancer and multiple sclerosis -- and has turned both to the good, in promoting advocacy and research to save other women. As if that isn't enough, she is a national class athlete in her personal passion -- horses. (Horses! Every little girl's dream.) And perhaps most of all, she is a women dearly beloved. Ann and Mitt Romney were high school sweethearts who first met in grade school when he was a Cub Scout. She rode by on a horse and he threw pebbles at her. He proposed when she was 16, they were married when she was 19.

Ann Romney made her children her priority. But they were not the only thing in her life. Ann Romney has also devoted herself to other people's children, through organizations she founded, through the United Way, the Red Cross, her church. She could be the prototype of the old fashioned mother who is the backbone of her family and community through her hard work and big soul.

One thing Ann Romney cannot be envied for is a lazy, spoiled life.

This is the person Obama sent his minions out to discredit as a symbol of the spoiled, selfish people who make up the Republican Party.

How odd. Unless you suffer from envy as from a disease, as our President does. To understand, you must look at the first Ann in Obama's life, his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham. Ann Dunham's marriages and mothering couldn't be more different from the other Ann. No wonder Obama feels some people are haves and others are have-nots. As a child, he had no father, and barely had a mother. The main caregiver in his life was one weird grandfather.

According to Jack Cashill's research, published in many articles in The American Thinker, there never was an Obama family. Obama often says his father abandoned him when he was two, but this is not true. Ann Dunham took the baby and left for Seattle within a few weeks of Obama's birth, leaving Obama Sr. behind in Hawaii. When she returned a year later, Obama's father was gone, already at Harvard and dating other women, with a wife back in Kenya.

In short, Obama's parents never lived together. There was no Obama family. Nor does it sound like there was ever a marriage:

Obama writes in Dreams, "In fact, how and when the marriage occurred remains a bit murky, a bill of particulars that I've never quite had the courage to explore. There's no record of a real wedding, a cake, a ring, a giving away of the bride."

In his fair-minded biography, Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage, Christopher Andersen concedes, "There were certainly no witnesses -- no family members were present; and none of their friends at the university had the slightest inkling they were even engaged."

Another conflicting bit of evidence is that at the time of his alleged marriage to Ann Dunham, Barack Sr. had a pregnant wife and a son back in Kenya. There is more. In July 2008, speaking at a university roundtable, Michelle Obama said of Barack's mother that she was "very young and very single when she had him." This could well have been a slip of the tongue, but it may not have been.

What could be sadder for a little boy than to have a father who doesn't even want to lay eyes on you? Obama's deprivation didn't end there. Obama had no one making sure he was safe.

According to the New York Times, Ann Dunham did hire a nanny to care for her young son, the 'tranny nanny.'

His nanny was an openly gay man who, in keeping with Indonesia's relaxed attitudes toward homosexuality, carried on an affair with a local butcher, longtime residents said. The nanny later joined a group of transvestites called Fantastic Dolls, who, like the many transvestites who remain fixtures of Jakarta's streetscape, entertained people by dancing and playing volleyball.

Ann Dunham was too interested in being an anthropologist to be a stay at home Mom in Indonesia, with her overweight, lonely son. At the age of ten, when his new step-sister was one year-old, Obama moved to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. Here's how Obama describes his new family life:

"Obama had this to say about moving in with his grandparents: "I was to live with strangers." And: "I'd arrived at an unspoken pact with my grandparents; I could live with them and they'd leave me alone so long as I kept my troubles out of sight."

Cashill comments: "Feel the love?"

Obama's neglect and perhaps abuse as a child didn't end there.

Obama's grandfather chose a black male father figure for him: Frank Marshall Davis. Obama discusses Frank numerous times in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father," but he leaves out some of the most interesting details. Davis was a drinking buddy, who shared the same politics as Obama's grandfather. Davis was a member of the Communist Party. He wrote a fictionalized memoir boasting of his bisexual and pedophile exploits. In his memoir, Marshall describes how he and his white wife sexually abuse a 13-year-old girl entrusted to their care.

He and his wife would have sex with the girl. Anne came up many times the next several weeks, her aunt thinking she was in good hands. Actually she was. She obtained a course in practical sex from experienced and considerate practitioners rather than from ignorant insensitive neophytes....I think we did her a favour, although the pleasure was mutual."

This same Frank Marshall Davis, according to Obama's memoir, counseled Obama not to trust white people.

At one point in 1979 Mr. Davis described university as "an advanced degree in compromise" that was designed to keep blacks in their place. Mr. Obama quoted him as saying: "Leaving your race at the door. Leaving your people behind. Understand something, boy. You're not going to college to get educated. You're going there to get trained." He added that "they'll tank on your chain and let you know that you may be a well-trained, well-paid nigger, but you're a nigger just the same."

Obama writes that "Frank" told him that college was merely "an advanced degree in compromise," and cautioned him not to "start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that sh--." Davis also told Obama: "What I'm trying to tell you is your [white] grandma's right to be scared.... She understands that black people have a reason to hate. That's just how it is. For your sake, I wish it were otherwise. But it's not. So you might as well get used to it."

Once off at college, Obama wrote a poem called Pops:

Pop takes another shot, neat,

Points out the same amber

Stain on his shorts that I've got on mine, and

Makes me smell his smell, coming

From me...

Stands, shouts, and asks

For a hug, as I shrink, my

Arms barely reaching around

His thick, oily neck..."

To say that Obama had a tough childhood is putting it mildly.

When you compare Ann Romney and Ann Dunham, it is easy to understand Obama's gnawing envy. He should have worked on his problems long ago with the help of a minister or therapist.

Instead he was directed along a far left political path by his grandfather, his mother, his lonely dreams of impressing his absent African socialist father, and the teachings of his black Communist father figure, Frank Marshall Davis. Every single adult Obama depended on let him down then taught him the politics of envy.

Now Obama is trying to teach envy to the whole country; his reelection strategy is based on envy of the rich. He has projected his private demons of unfairness and deprivation onto America at large and is determined to fix us. With the media at heel, he is turning his Democrat followers into a nasty mob, which loyally attacks each Republican target in turn.

This week it was Ann Romney's turn to be demeaned and vilified. Obama calls it fairness. Let us hope the majority of the American public, who truly are fair, will see that underneath Obama's charming smile is a lot of pain that is dangerous to the health of this country.

We deserve better. We deserve the Romney's.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/04/why_do_they_want_to_pi...

• ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/04/26 18:19:28
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    Because those attacking are afraid to see what a real lady is like. They hate what they don't or can't understand or relate to since they've never had a real mother as a true role model.
  • Lucy 2012/04/24 00:36:42
    Lucy
    +1
    So much jealousy from many people on this question. You know all of you would love to stay home and have your own schedule.
  • bozo 2012/04/21 12:40:49
    bozo
    +2
    I would vote for her and her husband because
    1) She is proud to be an American, seems happy
    2) she soesn't whine about the cost of decent pair of earings
    3) She has never been to a rev not so wright sermon
    4) She did not attend harvard or yale
    5) she seems grounded in Reality
  • my2cents bozo 2012/04/21 14:53:16
    my2cents
    She doesn't whine abut the cost of a decent pair of earrings?

I guess not, she can afford any pair she wants.

Are you for real? Is your bar really set THAT low?
  • WhereIs... my2cents 2012/04/22 20:25:25
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Wow, being in the minority of defending liberal in this topic must be really hard work for you eh?
  • my2cents WhereIs... 2012/04/23 18:03:12
    my2cents
    SodaHead is dominated by conservative malcontents; I'm used to it.

Besides, someone's got to keep you idiots in line.
  • cut and paste king 2012/04/21 01:40:00
  • my2cents cut and... 2012/04/21 14:51:50
    my2cents
    Oh . . . my . . . God.
  • Stevern... my2cents 2012/04/21 15:05:24 (edited)
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    That's not Ann Romney.That's a picture of an older woman,in a thong.This gross image has been floating around the internet,for quite a while!
  • my2cents Stevern... 2012/04/22 07:35:01 (edited)
    my2cents
    +1
    Of course it's not Ann Romney!

Geesh, I was born at night, but not last night.

I can't believe someone would go out looking like that. Maybe she's senile.
  • Stevern... my2cents 2012/04/22 13:37:28
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I'm guessing that too!
  • WhereIs... Stevern... 2012/04/22 20:26:03
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    They have nothing, so all they can do is lie, just like the one they worship Obama, they learned to lie from him.
  • Stevern... WhereIs... 2012/04/22 21:07:54
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    You have that right!
  • my2cents WhereIs... 2012/04/23 18:07:44
    my2cents
    +1
    Just like this thread lies by saying Obama "authorized" an attack on Ann Romney.

This shows that in ConservoWorld, such smallness is believeable.
  • dianne615 2012/04/20 22:57:50 (edited)
    dianne615
    +3
    I don't believe Obama would ever talk againt family members on the other team. I remember last election when he told Mcclan that family is out of the battle and if he wanted to talk about someone talk about him but leave his family out of it. Besides all that if the women can afford to stay home and rear her children more power to her, I wish I could when my children were growing up, I miss a lot. This is a stupid subject debating on a woman working or rearing her children hell if her husband can afford it, why not.
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/04/20 21:07:53
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +4
    aaa

Because it draws attention away from this P.O.S.
  • Axe Grinder 2012/04/20 19:19:42
    Axe Grinder
    +3
    Politics aside....Ann Romney, is a spoiled, bored housewife, with no clue about reality ?.....but Michele "JET SET" Obama is ???? I'm not taking a side, I'm just saying.... pot meet the kettle
  • S* Axe Gri... 2012/04/21 01:26:12 (edited)
    S*
    +1
    not correct. In addition, her husband was not lambasting non working women like Romeny. So double down on stupid.
  • Axe Gri... S* 2012/04/21 06:02:41
  • my2cents Axe Gri... 2012/04/22 07:38:45
    my2cents
    He doesn't do the $hit you claim he does.
  • Axe Gri... my2cents 2012/04/22 18:03:21
    Axe Grinder
    +1
    .....I'm pretty sure I didn't mention him, I mentioned his wife.
  • my2cents Axe Gri... 2012/04/23 18:09:50
    my2cents
    "Obama can't do $hit wrong" isn't mentioning him?
  • Axe Gri... my2cents 2012/04/23 19:10:07
    Axe Grinder
    I was referring to my original post. which is what that person was responding to. ........I hate to agree with ANYTHING the Conservatives say....but I'm starting to understand why they always say the left is full of IDIOTS!
  • my2cents Axe Gri... 2012/04/23 19:17:33
    my2cents
    w/e
  • WhereIs... Axe Gri... 2012/04/22 20:28:05
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I don't think Ann Romney would be taking so many lavish vacations on the taxpayer dime as Michelle keeps doing if she was the 1st lady. Can't say for sure, but since she seems to not hate the USA like Michelle and has respect for Ameican Citizens, I think she would spend her own money if she went at all.
  • my2cents WhereIs... 2012/04/23 19:18:45
    my2cents
    I'm sure you would say she was even if she wasn't.
  • Sheila 2012/04/20 17:14:02
    Sheila
    +3
    Because she is a fulfilled happy woman who chose follow her own way and not go the way of the "modern woman" like they say she should have.

Well that and because she is a conservative.

In all honesty I answered from the question in the title and have not read this yet. If needed I will amend my answer.
  • Sheila Sheila 2012/04/20 17:22:35
    Sheila
    +2
    Wow. What a pitiable childhood. This makes me sad for him. I don't like him any more than I did yesterday, but I pity him far more.
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/20 18:24:54
    my2cents
    Ann followed the way of the LDS Church. The Mormon religion encourages women to have many children and be stay at home moms.
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 14:00:46
    Sheila
    +1
    And that affects YOU how?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/23 18:11:29
    my2cents
    Her decision to stay home wasn't so much a personal choice as it was following the dictates of her religion. All LDS women make the same "choice" once they have kids.
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 18:15:01
    Sheila
    +1
    and again, that affects YOU how?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/23 19:21:25
    my2cents
    I know that Ann Romney did not "follow her own way and not go the way of the "modern woman" like they say she should have." She followed the dictates of her religion like THEY said she should have.

The blows your "choice" statement out of the window.
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/23 19:55:56
    Sheila
    +1
    So who FORCED her? NO ONE that was her choice. Why is that sooo hard for you to understand?

And yet again I ask HOW DID THIS AFFECT YOU OR YOUR LIFE?? Short answer (since you seem unable to type the words) is- IT DID NOT AFFECT ME AT ALL.

HER CHOICE. Religion is NOT forced here. Freedom of religion - if you recall that one?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/24 03:50:39
    my2cents
    Ann had a lot of social pressure on her to conform to LDS standards. All Mormons do. Mitt was an ELDER of the Church at one point, his family had to set a perfect example for him to have that position. Like I said, being Mormon is a lifestyle, not just a religion.

Suffice it to say you don't know much about Mormonism. I do, I lived in Utah and worked alongside them for 15 years, and I have two siblings who were baptized into the LDS Church. You should find out more, it's an interesting, and in some places bizarre, theology and lifestyle.

It effects me because this woman wants to be the First Lady of MY country. I thought that answer would be obvious to you.
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/24 14:16:51
    Sheila
    +1
    And as first lady she is officialy responsible for what? Short answer- NOTHING. Her husband is running for president. She is not running for anything. All religion if adhered to is a "lifestyle". She made her choices and stuck with them. What you feel about HER choices has nothing to do with anything. I dated a morman man for a while when I was young, I know enough. They are very family oriented and that is as it should be. If you can actually say that kids are better off since moms went to work and they started raising themselves then you are disingenious at best. FAMILY is broken in the USA and needs to be fixed.

How does who the first lady is affect you and your life?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/24 20:39:24
    my2cents
    The First Lady of the country is a figurehead and represents the country, and that includes me. She also serves as a role model. If you think who is FLOTUS doesn't matter, that explains a lot.
  • Sheila my2cents 2012/04/25 14:29:58
    Sheila
    +1
    What does it explain? Michelle in no way represents me. We are night and day. So were Laura Bush and I. SHE is not running for anything. But I did stay home with my children until I divorced, so she comes closer that the last two do to actually representing me.

Michelle as a role model? Other that her "verbal" diet (and I say it like that because when I do see something reported on what she actually eats it is different than what she tells me to eat) how does she serve as a role model?
  • my2cents Sheila 2012/04/26 17:28:55 (edited)
    my2cents
    +1
    Yep, the First Lady represents the U.S. just as much as her husband does, since she accompanies him in many of his formal duties. And she serves as a role model for young women. Just because you don't like Michelle doesn't mean she isn't a positive role model for many women, esp. those of color.

That's why Callista Gingrich turned off so many people as a potential First Lady, the "devout Catholic" who carried on a 6-year adulterous affair with a married man. Gross. NOT the kind of behavior we would want our daughters to emulate.
  • Elleryqueen 2012/04/20 17:10:23
    Elleryqueen
    +4
    Since events seem to be too copius for oblunders intellectual capacity, he sends someone out to do character assissinations. Then to save face says that he doesn't agree with said statement/s.

2014/07/29 20:56:28