Why do successful black men get with white women?

haterade 2013/06/09 18:22:32
Because, white women have less attitude.
Because, white women will do things in the bedroom black women won't do.
Because, it's a show of power and status.
You've seen it in your neighborhood, on the news, and even in your family. Why do successful black men ditch their black significant others and get with white women?

• Idiot repubs 2013/06/09 18:58:07
    Idiot repubs
    +6
    Because a lot of white guys actually listen to Rush Limbaugh and that's a deal killer with most women.

• Angi 2013/06/11 02:39:18
    Angi
    Limited choice so it had to be this one, but may be the women you identify have less attitude and more sense like others from all backgrounds. May be they just found someone they loved and colour has nothing to do with it.
  • Bocephus 2013/06/10 17:55:48
  • AdmrlLocke 2013/06/10 12:31:13
    AdmrlLocke
    +1
    I don't like any of these answers. I don't know that, on average, successful black men do get with white woman. I've never actually seen a successful black man with a white woman. I do have a married couple who live next door where the man is white and the woman is black. I'd really like to see some statistics on black men and white woman before trying to explain something that might just be an unsupported stereotype.
  • La 2013/06/10 01:12:29
    La
    +1
    Lol.....I can't say I've seen that in my neighbourhood and I definitely haven't seen it in my family. We don't have any black people in my family. My sister dated a black guy but he was pretty poor, so not the example you're looking for.

If we assume your hypothesis is correct....they probably do it because they *shock, horror* are attracted to white women. You're allowed to date outside your ethnicity these days *rolls eyes*
  • L1 2013/06/09 22:44:53
    L1
    +1
    Because they can...
  • Donatello L1 2013/06/10 12:35:10 (edited)
  • Tastentier 2013/06/09 21:36:19 (edited)
    Tastentier
    +1
    I don't like any of the answers, and I think you might as well ask "why do many successful 'white' men marry Asian women". From an evolutionary perspective, the answer is pretty simple: Men are very visual creatures. Given the choice between several women who are equally attractive in terms of intelligence, body shape and youth, men tend to choose the one with the most unique or exotic features.

This means that women with unusual traits, such as an uncommon hair or skin color, have a reproductive advantage and can score men of higher social status. And, at the risk of using circular logic, this in turn explains why men prefer such women: Because they subconsciously want their future daughters to inherit the traits that grant their mother a reproductive advantage, and thus enable them to find husbands of equal wealth / status / influence.

Of course which traits are exotic and stand out entirely depends on your social environment, especially the environment that you've grown up in and that has shaped your entire world view. I've grown up in a predominantly blond family, so to me, the hair color blond holds no special value. I'm far more attracted to shiny black hair. If everyone in my family were dark-haired, it would likely be exactly the other way around.

Bottom line: Men of high social status, who can choose between a great number of women, tend to select for women with exotic traits. All men do this, not just black men.
  • haterade Tastentier 2013/06/09 21:42:51
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 21:57:01 (edited)
    XRenX
    +3
    Honey boo boos mom

Just depends.

Tyra banks bikini
  • Tastentier haterade 2013/06/09 23:22:44
    Tastentier
    Very enticing :-) But if I had to pick between her, Freida Pinto, Jamie Chung and Denise Vasi, she'd probably be my fourth choice.
  • XRenX Tastentier 2013/06/09 21:46:05
    XRenX
    +2
    I've heard that theory. I've also heard the most average (common face in your experience) is what is preferred, which is why most wealthy white men are still with people who look like them. Only a small percentage of them date interracially. I also believe the theory you mentioned, since that also occurs.
  • haterade XRenX 2013/06/09 22:00:59
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 22:04:45 (edited)
    XRenX
    +1
    No video on YouTube can tell millions of men's perspective. Lol why do you like putting black women down? They probably made fun of you in high school or something? No better way to bash them than hiding behind your computer eh? Lol you could be screwing a white chick now, but seem to enjoy putting other women down for some reason. Oh and way to confuse a fictional film with reality.
  • haterade XRenX 2013/06/09 22:08:00
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 22:13:58
    XRenX
    "I know more blacks than I care to" "they have attitude/easily provoked". That is putting them down. I hear it all. Some white people are absolutely adorable. When they hear me speak but alas, no Ebonics comes out of my mouth, they look at me with utter shock. Lol it's funny.
  • haterade XRenX 2013/06/09 22:29:38
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 22:38:57 (edited)
    XRenX
    Lol I think you're cute. If you are marsh mellow enough to think THIS is provoked, you haven't seen provoked, so I don't think you've seen it.
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 22:53:16
    XRenX
    Plus most white men hate this this type of couple since their race of women sometimes like to be with black men instead of them. White women think they have bigger beef or something.
  • Tastentier XRenX 2013/06/09 23:57:00 (edited)
    Tastentier
    +1
    Interestingly, both hypotheses happen to be true. People prefer partners who share their facial symmetry, i.e. have a similar head shape (round or elongated), a similar nose-to-mouth distance, mouth-to-chin distance etc. However, this has relatively little to do with so-called racial traits, since every human population has a great deal of phenoytpic variation. All ethnicities have people with square and round faces, strong and weak chins and so on.

Let's look at two examples. Tiger Woods and his wife both have the same round head and very similar facial features. The same brow line, the same cheekbones, the same eye-wrinkling smile.
    tiger woods and wife

Compared to Woods' wife Elin Nordegren, Heidi Klum has a rather square and somewhat elongated head with a long eye-to-mouth distance. And once again, her husband has very similar features:
    heidi klum square elongated head eye-to-mouth distance husband exact features

It's easy to see why these couples see something very familiar and endearing when they look at one another. Their differences, which mostly come down to skin color and nose shape, only add to the attraction. Selecting for at least one "exotic" trait helps avoid inbreeding, which is why the tall, dark stranger is a common recurring element in chick lit.
  • XRenX Tastentier 2013/06/10 00:53:25
    XRenX
    +1
    I've noticed that too. Lol I always thought my colored unclear beaded a slight resemblance to the Caucasian Bill Nye (The Science Guy).
  • lou 2013/06/09 21:22:29
    lou
    +3
    I have worked in clubs for many years as a bartender full time and part time, I do it only part time now but I have heard many times from black men sitting at the bar that black women have to much attitude and they also like cash and gold jewelry way to much which translates to me that they are materialistic and looking to get what they can get.
  • XRenX lou 2013/06/09 21:49:47
    XRenX
    +1
    I've heard some black men say we only like thugs too. Not true for all of us. Besides they can only speak from their own personal experience, not everyone else's. If you see interracial couples statistics, you'd see most black men still date black women. Why do you think white women get with rich black NBA stars sometimes too?
  • lou XRenX 2013/06/10 14:28:30
    lou
    +1
    Oh I believe you what you say about white women with rich NBA stars, I'm just telling everyone what I've overheard at conversations by the bar, but you know how men are, they'll blabble anything out especially after a couple of drinks. I don't take any of it serious.
  • XRenX lou 2013/06/10 16:36:03
    XRenX
    +1
    Lol. I was thinking the same thing about them after drinks.
  • 666_Maggots 2013/06/09 20:58:07
    666_Maggots
    +3
    OTHER: Because fvck you, that's why. (Jk) Maybe because they can and everyone else should mind their own damn business.
  • XRenX 2013/06/09 20:47:17 (edited)
    XRenX
    Forget those options... Perhaps they just fell in love with someone who happened to be white. Also.... There are many successful black men in my family and all of them married black women except one. And I have a huge family...

Aside from that, why is it that people provoke black women and then inquire about their "attitude problem"??
  • haterade XRenX 2013/06/09 21:01:42
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 21:08:21 (edited)
    XRenX
    +1
    Most of the black men in my family. Cousins, uncles, etc. Also, consider the fact that they may not have the easiest life. You can assume anything about someone...it doesn't mean you are right. I'm also willing to bet that you don't know most of the millions of black people in America, or elsewhere.
  • haterade XRenX 2013/06/09 21:12:47
  • XRenX haterade 2013/06/09 21:22:44
    XRenX
    +1
    Lol I would say whites aren't so flawless either, living in a rural town and all. You don't hear me complaining. The thing is, I know everyone is different. I don't generalize. It isn't that I act like life is perfect, I'm just not ignorant enough to assume everyone is the same just because they are the same race...
  • Donatello 2013/06/09 20:31:35
  • La Donatello 2013/06/10 01:21:02
    La
    +1
    I 'see' your black woman:

black woman

And raise you a white woman:

black woman raise white woman
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2013/06/09 20:11:57
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    nuff said,
  • Rick 2013/06/09 19:54:04
    Rick
    +1
    Maybe just a preference for some of them. I always liked white women, but I ended up with a Cherokee. LOL
  • haterade Rick 2013/06/09 19:57:30
  • Rick haterade 2013/06/09 20:03:00
    Rick
    Yep. She doesn't even get mad when I call her squaw. LOL
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2013/06/09 19:45:57 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +4
    Because people ought to be free to choose whoever makes them happy.

people free choose happy

...I wonder if you were one of the people angered by the recent Cheerios ad?
  • haterade lurx: t... 2013/06/09 19:56:24
  • lurx: t... haterade 2013/06/09 20:01:04
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2
    "Black people don't eat cheerios."

black people eat cheerios

...oh really?
  • Bob, th... haterade 2013/06/09 20:12:38
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    wow, simply wow!!!

2014/07/22 19:07:07