Why do some keep bringing up reparations, when most Black Americans haven't even considered that thought?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/08/20 16:42:27
Ignorance
Insecurity
Other
ignorance

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/should-successful-black-americans...
http://www.sodahead.com/fun/as-a-caucasian-american-do-you-ow...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/should-the-descendants-...
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/reparations-has-the-pro...

Many ignorant comments by people who either purposely try to paint a false picture due to their own insecurities or are just use to parroting something they heard from race baiting media/politicians.

Whatever the reasoning is, it is becoming quite apparent that many need to either pick up a book or engage in a conversation with Black individuals before spouting off at the mouth.

Case in point the link I gave for an example; one states ship them back to Africa, another states they need to get off their lazy a**es. All in all; how can one go back to where they have never been and do these two people even know the stats on those who work?

Let me lay some facts down for the ignorant:

ship africa lazy aes people stats work lay facts ignorantship africa lazy aes people stats work lay facts ignorantship africa lazy aes people stats work lay facts ignorantship africa lazy aes people stats work lay facts ignorantship africa lazy aes people stats work lay facts ignorant

"According
to the US Census Bureau, 68.1% of all Black men and 62.3% of Black women over
the age of 16 are in the civilian labor force, compared to 73% of white men, and
59.9% of white women.
Of the 42.0 million Blacks in this nation, 8.1 million have
incomes below the poverty line."

• Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/08/20 18:55:09
    Other
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +14
    Who knows? Why do some people still argue about the black welfare mother having babies to collect more government checks, or use the Black Panthers as an example of rampant hatred toward whites, or complain that black people can use the word cracker but they can't use the word n**ger, or get upset because the gif of Obama as an ape they posted was taken as racist by someone? I suspect the answer is all of the above.

I have noticed a thought process many people share on this site and it is usually the kind of person we're talking about. They seem to think their personal opinions are as valid as facts and must be treated with respect no matter what that opinion is. Because they have the right to say it, that alone makes if right.

How many polls have you done similar to this Latrice? Full of facts, logical, well reasoned, with all the back up sources given. And how many times has someone argued that you are wrong with nothing to add besides, "I don't agree!"

• Darnel 2012/08/30 05:35:31
    Insecurity
    Darnel
    +1
    I ihave a list,.. But I'm not the one to tell those people what their issues are.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/08/23 06:33:13
    Insecurity
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +2
    Ever since the days of Adams and Jefferson, slave owners have feared a reprisal (at that time, in the form of a violent slave revolt) over the sin of slavery and it's historic consequences.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/08/22 20:23:37
    Other
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    My thought is some of this is stirred by the Lamestream Media. Lousy race relations sell! A hint? Al Sharpton has a show on what channel? Lou Dobbs gets shuffled out of CNN partly because of his strong stance on illegal immigration.Turns out he is married to a Mexican American Woman.

I watched an older piece the other day where Soledad O'Brien (No Blarney) tears into a guy from Brietbart talking about a better vetting of Obamas Harvard days and associations. She throws the race card obviously being coaxed by the producers in her earpiece! Turns out the guy is married to a black woman!

I head strait back to what Morgan Freeman said.... ;-)
  • BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0 2012/08/22 16:52:17
    Insecurity
    BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0
    +5
    hmmmm

I wonder why?
  • adeenmc... Blunder... 2012/09/08 15:27:21
  • Stephen 2012/08/22 13:51:16
    Other
    Stephen
    +1
    I guess we all feel the theft of our country by corperate America in some way. It may be a way to try and at least claim something more than you can just earn. The trouble with reparation is most african americans seem to think it will set the record striaght. The trouble with that is, if we should set the record straight. The 40 acres is not really our's to give. First we would have to give everything back to the indians. We didn't buy or barter this country from them. The first Americans stole it.
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/08/22 04:22:11
    Other
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +4
    It really sticks in the craw of some folks.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/08/21 22:15:45 (edited)
    Insecurity
    Bibliophilic
    +8
    Fear of black people rising up attacking the white man and demanding justice, basically:

PARANOIA and racism.

rofl kitten

It all defies logic.
  • Latti I... Bibliop... 2012/08/21 22:56:56
  • John 2012/08/21 21:02:01
    Other
    John
    Mostly simple greed from those who think that somebody owes them something.

I heard an interview with a Black investigative reporter/writer recently who'd just returned to America from a project he was working on in Equatorial Africa. After talking about his upcoming book a bit, one of the things he said was "When I got off that plane at JFK, I thanked God that my ancestors were brought to America, even as slaves, and I thanked them for what they endured so that my family and I live here in America now. And I defy anyone who has actually seen and experienced the violence and the disease and the abject poverty most of the African continent lives in to say otherwise."

Reparations?
  • Latti I... John 2012/08/21 21:20:58 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Your comment is a part of the problem and it's evident you didn't read the context of my post.

Africa was the forefront of innovation and helped the Western world tremendously, a long with Asia and the Middle East. If you have actually read history in its entirety you wouldn't have made such a comment, nor this Black investigative reporter.
  • John Latti I... 2012/08/30 12:43:23 (edited)
    John
    Yeah, the "forefront of innovation." Except for areas co-inhabited by or under the influence or control of Mediterranean or Arab cultures, Sub-equatorial Africa hadn't yet invented the wheel.

I don't have time to research and get into every "fact" posted above to convince myself everything is "just fine" with the education of Black America, but I live near Detroit and I can tell you the high-school drop-out rate there is well over 70% (by their own figures, with Detroit having a 100% Black school board and city government).

Of course they prefer to use the figures of Detroit "graduation rate" which is about 65%. Sound much better, however that only counts the number of graduates who are seniors presently enrolled in the school system and not those students who've already dropped out.

I don't know how it is in Iowa, but in Michigan urban schools (like Detroit and Flint) actually receive more money per pupil than wealthier suburbs. They fall under what is called "out of formula" educational funds re-distribution and are therefore compensated at a higher per-pupil rate from state monies. More per-pupil money, but much worse scores. You explain it.

I believe urban citizens, and Blacks specifically, have been "shafted" by their educational systems and local governments. Sch...

I believe urban citizens, and Blacks specifically, have been "shafted" by their educational systems and local governments. School boards full of graft and kick-back ridden self-servers with their hands out under the table, political-whores who play on misplaced loyalties and emotions to maintain their strangle holds on urban areas while their economies and infrastructures decay; municipal unions whose biggest goal is better salary and pension compensation instead of providing better quality services.

So, by your "facts" posted above it sounds like everything is just fine with the educational system in regards to Blacks in America. Do you honestly believe that?

(If so, maybe you need to convince Bill Cosby and all the others who disagree. Especially those citizens who suffer under our current status-quo.)
  • Latti I... John 2012/08/30 12:58:44 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    Yes Black Americans did build this country off of their backs and innovation despite the fatuous statement you stated. You also know nothing about African history; the Western world would have never been the power house that it had become solely from White Europeans.

"Contrary to popular views about precolonial Africa, local manufacturers were at this time creating items of comparable, if not superior, quality to those from preindustrial Europe. Due to advances in native forge technology, smiths in some regions of sub-Saharan Africa were producing steels of a better grade than those of their counterparts in Europe, and the highly developed West African textile workshops had produced fine cloths for export long before the arrival of European traders."

http://www.sodahead.com/livin...

I'll make a few references:

How about being a double spy for the U.S during the Revolutionary war? James Armistead, who tricked the Brits, and was able to find out their plans, coordinates and strategy that won us the war.

What about the Black men and women who also helped this country win its independents yet weren't given their own afterwards for a real long time.

Or maybe many of the Black scientists who helped make NASA and the Manhattan project a success, but I'm sure you never heard of that.

...

http://www.sodahead.com/livin...

I'll make a few references:

Or maybe having our businesses and town overrun constantly and yet never asking for compensation on what was lost. The lists is a very very long one.

"So, by your "facts" posted above it sounds like everything is just fine with the educational system in regards to Blacks in America. Do you honestly believe that?"

Facts are facts, and if you didn't notice you named one era genius out of 50 states; the facts stand as truth.

Do you know there are only 8 million Black Americans living in poverty and 38 million Whites living in poverty? More Black Americans are getting their education and you sound butthurt because of it. 34 million Black Americans are from the lower middle class to rich, and that is the "MAJORITY" out of 42 million.

If you are that naive or stupid to believe the majority of 42 million live like Detriot or the 38 poor White Americans than you need to pick up a book.
  • John Latti I... 2012/08/30 22:00:21
    John
    I'm fairly aware of the things you mentioned. I know steel (as in carbon-steel) was being produced in Africa, China, India, Spain and other parts of Europe more than several thousand years ago. (However it was forged steel as opposed to crucible steel which was never produced before 1100 AD).

I fully realize the contributions of Blacks to America, whether by the sweat of slaves or the later contributions of Black Americans. I agree with most of what you're saying and I don't know why you think I've been trying to "dis" Blacks.

All I've said is basically:

a) I don't believe in reparations. (Slavery was culturally accepted world-wide until well into the 19th Century, and in some places, especially the Middle East, even much later. (I believe the last open slave-market was in Zanzibar in the 1960s.)

b) I recounted what that Black journalist said, and whether one agrees with him or not, he did say it. (You should try to find a filmed interview with Barack Obama's half-brother George Obama regarding the present state of Kenya and Black Africa.)

and lastly...

c) I believe modern-day (especially urban) Blacks are getting "shafted" by vote-whoring politicians who perpetuate the poverty and dependency which has created defacto "urban-plantations" where most inhabitants are ...

All I've said is basically:

and lastly...

c) I believe modern-day (especially urban) Blacks are getting "shafted" by vote-whoring politicians who perpetuate the poverty and dependency which has created defacto "urban-plantations" where most inhabitants are as dependent now as they ever were, the difference being the new over-seers prefer the ballot-box to the whip and come in both Black and White skins.

I believe Blacks, like all other Americans, are fully capable of shaping their own destinies and lives if given the opportunity free of government intrusion and meddling. The "help" given by our oh-so-wise-and-noble politicians as they pander and whore for more power while they pimp us off to the highest bidder keeps us all in psychological-chains.

Power and favor can only be bought where there is power to sell. The more we give them, the more they have to sell. The less they have, the less they sell.
  • Latti I... John 2012/08/30 22:15:38
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    "Yeah, the "forefront of innovation." Except for areas co-inhabited by or under the influence or control of Mediterranean or Arab cultures, Sub-equatorial Africa hadn't yet invented the wheel."

Your words; you would have never stated that if you actually knew the history of Africa, which was evolved "Before" the Arabs came. Astronomy, Agronomy, Mathematics and so on.

A) Never stated I agreed with reparations; just found it interesting some White people keep bringing it up as if most Black Americans want reparations.

B) I've actually been to Africa (Ghana) and enjoyed myself; If you really want to know why certain parts of Africa are bad, look at who pays the warlords there. It would trace back to America, China and Russia to name a few. It's quite simple; if Africa was how it once was as a whole, then the U.S and others wouldn't be able to take their resources so easily. Those are the facts; same thing with the Middle East.

C) Most politicians shaft everyone; from the 38 million poor Whites to the 8 million poor Blacks to the middle class, rich and wealthy. Everyone gets manipulation in some way and that is life, since people for the most part aren't smart enough to unit. Why do you think Africa, Europe, Asia, and North America is in such chaos. Everyone is divided and blaming ...

C) Most politicians shaft everyone; from the 38 million poor Whites to the 8 million poor Blacks to the middle class, rich and wealthy. Everyone gets manipulation in some way and that is life, since people for the most part aren't smart enough to unit. Why do you think Africa, Europe, Asia, and North America is in such chaos. Everyone is divided and blaming each other while government continues their deeds.

Europe for example; here is the European Union destroying their countries and who do many of them blame? Immigrants.

Africa for example; here is their governments and outside governments ruining their countries for decades and who do they fight? Each other. That sad list goes on and on.
  • ken 2012/08/21 20:38:54
    Other
    ken
    +2
    Sometimes it's racism, other times it's just plain ignorance. Thanks for the interesting facts. I didn't know many of them.
  • John ken 2012/08/30 22:02:57
    John
    It might be worth checking up on those "facts."

If all of that above was indeed true, it seems like it would mean Blacks are in an excellent position regarding education in America. Do honestly believe that to be true?
  • Latti I... John 2012/08/30 22:17:14
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    LOL You do know 33 million Black Americans live "Above" the poverty line, and 38 million Whites live below it. That means within 33 million out of 42million, it is true.
  • Red Branch 2012/08/21 16:56:58 (edited)
    Other
    Red Branch
    +2
    Ignorance, Insecurity, and most of all GREED, something for nothing.

No one who is alive today was ever a slave in the US.

No one who held slaves in the US when it was legal is alive.

Obama's ancestors on both sides of his family owned and traded slaves, none of my ancestors ever did own slaves.

Obama and his pay and me and mine don't pay.

Edit:
    I am well aware that most black men are in prison because of Black on Black crime.

I am well aware that Jesse, Al, and their ilk favor open borders.
    I am well aware that Frederick Douglas and Booker T Washington knew that Blacks did better economically when immigration was restricted. Booker had a great speech about "Cast Down Your Bucket".

I am well aware that Blacks used to be the largest minority group in the US but have fallen to the second minority group since the Hispanic invasion and that Blacks are about to slide into 3d place when the Asians surpass them in numbers.

Anybody but myself seeing a pattern here? Does anybody think that it is an accident?

As far as your statistics, I see some problems. Problems that I cannot identify and am not going to attempt to identify. Mainly it centers around the stats tossed around by Jesse, Al, and their ilk(race baiters) with regards to drop out rates and prison population and their percentages.
  • Latti I... Red Branch 2012/08/21 17:00:50
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Did you read the context of the post Red?
  • Red Branch Latti I... 2012/08/21 22:42:07
    Red Branch
    I thought I understood it.

I did forget to include the topic of reparations.
    It is brought up by Liberals attempting to assuage their guilt.
  • Greatkibble 2012/08/21 13:47:59
    Ignorance
    Greatkibble
    +1
    "The truth is shocking."
    Shocking to thoese who firmly believed otherwise.

A lot has improved over the years, and it seems like 'the other side' needs some buckling up to do themselves. heh

Good thread Latti.
  • Pastor Nellie 2012/08/21 13:43:19
    Other
    Pastor Nellie
    +2
    Because most African Americans are still discriminated against. They're scared, rightfully, that this is going to happen again. Racism is ignorance!
  • littleb... Pastor ... 2012/08/22 20:44:10
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    African Americans are the only ones discriminated against?

Ok....let's run with that idea a bit. Are you Pro or Anti Israel?
  • Blunder... littleb... 2012/08/23 06:22:59
    BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0
    +1
    Wait. Where did she say they were "the only ones discriminated against", exactly?
  • littleb... Blunder... 2012/08/23 17:09:28
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    She didn't. I am pointing out that there are more forms of discrimination Sometimes it gets boring to think they are the only ones this happens to.

Not to mention the lamestream media seems to thrive on reporting discrimination. Here is what one man had to say in this regard:

• Lily 2012/08/21 12:35:37
    Other
    Lily
    +1
    I will not imply "all" blacks talk about reparations but it has been mentioned by a few. I know this only because of the discussions I've personally had. In any case, every race has its stereo-types and unfortunately, always will. Just gotta roll with it! =)
  • Wahvlvke 2012/08/21 12:28:59
    Other
    Wahvlvke
    +2
    It's a white-guilt libertard thing perpetrated by those who probably have never spoken to a black person.
  • Mikey Wahvlvke 2012/08/22 16:07:35
    Mikey
    +1
    No, it's a race-baiting conservative thing used to see if you can get some poor white folks riled up that them "damn nig__rs" are cashing in. I have never heard of reparation mentioned on anything but neo-con radio shows.
  • Wahvlvke Mikey 2012/08/23 20:32:12
    Wahvlvke
    Seems like obie is the spread the wealth around guy ... or did Bush say that too ,,, throwing his voice during an obie speech ... idiot.
  • Mikey 2012/08/21 11:07:55
    Other
    Mikey
    +2
    It's a typical conservative hate radio ploy to piss off rural poor whites who are the only people stupid enough to believe it's even in the realm of possibility
  • shadow76 2012/08/21 08:37:38
    Other
    shadow76
    +2
    Money grubbing!
  • Latti I... shadow76 2012/08/21 13:25:18
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Did you read the post?
  • shadow76 Latti I... 2012/08/21 14:24:04
    shadow76
    +1
    Yea so? This country made reparations in blood! How would money from people who didn't do it, help anything?
  • Latti I... shadow76 2012/08/21 14:35:35 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Again; did you read the post correctly or are you use to talking from your backside?

don t understand
  • redhorse29 2012/08/21 07:05:20
    Other
    redhorse29
    +1
    Money. MONEY. $$$$$$$$$$$$ Maybe more MONEY.
  • Latti I... redhorse29 2012/08/21 07:06:41
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    You read the question correctly right?
  • ☆SPIDERPIECES☆: HERO of PHAET 2012/08/21 05:13:36
    Insecurity
    ☆SPIDERPIECES☆: HERO of PHAET
    +5
    THEY'RE AFRAID IF WE GET REPARATIONS WE'LL BUY UP ALL THE CADILLACS AND MENTHOL CIGARETTES.

afraid reparations buy cadillacs menthol cigarettes
  • Latti I... ☆SPIDER... 2012/08/21 05:15:58
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ☆SPIDER... Latti I... 2012/08/21 05:22:21
    ☆SPIDERPIECES☆: HERO of PHAET
    +3
    "CRIME HAS DROPPED TO 0%.

HOW COULD THAT BE-DID THE MEXICANS GET MONEY TODAY TOO?

crime dropped 0

I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT (but) I THINK WE'LL BE ALRIGHT. MEXICANS DON'T WATCH THE NEWS."

2014/09/02 14:11:02