Why do so many religious paintings and carvings portray spaceships and aliens

Feck Sodahed 2009/03/24 00:03:45
God is from a galaxy far far away.
Ancient artists had a fascination with spaceships and aliens because they saw the movies Star Wars and ET.
Here we have a painting which was created by Aert De Gelder in 1710, it is titled “The Baptism of Christ”. This painting is currently on display at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge.

Pay particular attention to the flying saucer shaped object which seems to be casting rays of light upon Jesus Christ and John the Baptist.

Why did the artist add such a feature to his painting? Why do we see objects which appear to by UFOs in these old religious paintings?

john baptist artist add feature painting objects ufos religious paintings

Here is another very interesting religious painting which seems to show an alien spacecraft. It is entitled “The Madonna with Saint Giovannino”.

paintings interesting religious painting alien spacecraft entitled madonna saint giovannino

This Madonna was painted sometime during the 1400s. The artist’s name is not known, but the painting has been credited to the Lippi school.

At first glance you will probably notice a strange shape in the sky above the Madonna’s left shoulder. If you were to see the original, full size painting you would see the object clearly.

Looking at the enlargement of that area you can see that there is some sort of flying craft in the sky. You can even see that there is a man and his dog standing there who seem to be looking up at the craft.

painting object enlargement sort flying craft sky dog standing craft

Here is a painting that is titled “The Crucifixion”. This fresco was created in the year 1350 and is currently displayed over the altar of the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo. In this painting you will notice two very strange elements in the upper right and left corners. What could they be?

visoki decani monestary kosovo painting notice strange elements upper corners

Here we have a rock painting from ancient Australia. The figures in the painting are known as ‘Vondjina’ a god of creation. Notice the large eyes and the classic alien looking head as well as the thing which covers their heads. Was this a depiction of how the artist understood the gods, or aliens, to look?

classic alien head covers heads depiction artist understood gods aliens

• alejandro.dolgushin 2014/02/09 12:26:17
    alejandro.dolgushin
    The fresco from Visoki Dečani monastery represent anthropomorphic images of the Sun and the Moon on the sides of Crucifixion of Christ. It's an iconographic tradition like antropomorphic images on the night as woman with shawl and also like river Jordan as old man and hell as man who upset by the victory of Christ. Here's an example of a anthropomorphic images of the Sun and the Moon in Crucifixion iconography

river jordan victory christ anthropomorphic images sun moon crucifixion iconography
  • Theresa 2012/06/14 02:21:07
    Theresa
    They painted what they saw. There is no other explanation.
  • wpsark 2009/08/06 20:24:44
    wpsark
    I've always been fascinated with paranormal/unknown...I don't see how anyone with a brain could be a skeptic to other life forms out there.
  • Estick 2009/06/30 13:11:45
    Estick
    +1
    It is very interesting to think about the possibility that we could have been visited by aliens. I certainly can't discount the possibility.

• Feck So... Estick 2009/06/30 13:32:56
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    Fascinating! I find it interesting that it is possible that those we consider to be our most genius scientists could actually be so primitive compared to other civilizations that could exist.
  • Estick Feck So... 2009/06/30 13:49:06
    Estick
    Yes... I like how he brings up the fact that we are thinking in human terms. We are thinking about the technology we have, or technology 100 years more advanced. When we should be thinking in terms of a civilization a hundred thousand, or perhaps a million years more advanced than ours.

People say that once a society gets enough technology it will get so advanced that it will end up destroying itself. That is most likely true, but I doubt that it would be true one hundred percent of the time.

and to think that we might possibly live in a multiverse? That just boggles my mind!
  • Feck So... Estick 2009/06/30 13:54:05 (edited)
    Feck Sodahed
    +1
    You said..."people say that once a society gets enough technology it will get so advanced that it will end up destroying itself." I don't think that's true...if we're talking in terms of these level 3 intelligences ...but yes... advanced technology (as primitive as it may really be) is dangerous in the hands of Level 1s..or was that Level 0s?
  • Dino 2009/05/27 17:46:31
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    Dino
    Look at all the UFO references that are in the bible.

" And Ezecel went up to the Heavens in a flamming golden chariot"
  • DOT 2009/03/31 08:00:06
    DOT
    +1
    Not sure...what do you think I am GOD?? lol
    Have seen few of these painting before...very interesting, maybe the saucers are akin to Jesus, or other beings left us all here years ago. And the way NOT to run the universe is being documented.
  • crsone 2009/03/29 20:23:27
    crsone
    +1
    They don't -- we interpret a lot of ancient art as depicting aliens and spacecraft because that's our frame of reference.
  • Feck So... crsone 2009/03/29 20:34:19
    Feck Sodahed
    So what do you think their frame of reference was?
  • crsone Feck So... 2009/03/30 00:18:11
    crsone
    +1
    Sometimes primitive art simply doesn't look like the object being portrayed (and sometimes it does, of course). So I don't have a real answer for you, but I think that's something of an explanation. I really don't think that aliens walked our earth, giving intelligence to our early ancestors and leaving racial memories behind, although I also don't rule it out as 100% impossible. It's just extremely improbable, given that we probably can't find a way around the speed of light thing
  • Sir Bud. crsone 2009/04/03 22:17:22
    Sir Bud.
    Do you think Jesus walked our earth?
  • Dino crsone 2009/06/04 19:35:55
    Dino
    +1
    Ever think why they gave the blonde "angels" wings was to show future mankind that they had the means to fly?? I think the angels were what we would cally the "Nordics" now. An alien race that was human.
    Also.. maybe the great serpents were acually the "reptilians"
  • Ashley 2009/03/29 06:37:46
    Ashley
    +1
    I don't know. It's interesting but I'd like more information, and more prominent examples. It's possible aliens had landed, but maybe that could have been an early "sci-fi" type inserting his own explanation or idea of what may have went on. Often these works were commisioned so you'd theink the person funding it either requested the inclusion of these "UFO's" or would have questioned and maybe dismissed it.
  • zack 2009/03/25 23:51:02
    zack
    +1
    no idea I never even noticed until now
  • Rosie 2009/03/25 23:32:42
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    Rosie
    +1
    We will more than likely never really know, but the ancient societies did draw ufos in some pictures, including cave drawings. Interesting to say the least. I believe in God and UFOs ancient societies draw ufos pictures cave drawings interesting god ufos
  • noopinion 2009/03/25 03:29:12
    noopinion
    +1
    They had to put something interesting into it.
  • soulflower 2009/03/25 02:48:05
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    soulflower
    +2
    It would explain the virgin birth wouldn't it....
  • Feck So... soulflower 2009/03/25 02:49:59
  • Theresa soulflower 2012/06/14 02:23:38
    Theresa
    Virgin Birth is artificial insemination. It happens quite frequently these days.
  • inomi03 2009/03/25 00:10:08 (edited)
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    inomi03
  • Rondolce 2009/03/24 23:32:33
    Rondolce
    +1
    Good question. It does assume that these images are what alien space ships would look like.
  • Roxie 2009/03/24 23:13:21
    Roxie
    +1
    If heaven is in the sky and ailiens come from the sky........... Then it's a sky thing! heaven sky ailiens sky sky
  • DA GEORGETOWN MAYOR 2009/03/24 22:56:55
    DA GEORGETOWN MAYOR
    +2
    ALIENS(FALLEN ANGELS) SPACESHIPS(TO COMPENSATE FOR THEY CLIPPED WINGS)
  • TeeTee Metal(is a real girl) 2009/03/24 21:58:37
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    TeeTee Metal(is a real girl)
  • Honey 2009/03/24 21:32:41
    Honey
    +2
    I've wondered the same thing myself ...
    Why indeed???
    ive wondered
  • alejand... Honey 2014/02/02 08:44:04
    alejandro.dolgushin
    +2
    It's the image of Sun, not more =)
  • Geezer EGlide Rider 2009/03/24 20:29:42
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    Geezer EGlide Rider
    +3
    Good question.
    Ever see the movie Stargate?
    Perfect explaination of a supreme being from another planet teaching this planet how to build pyramids
  • Milk Maid 2009/03/24 19:32:02
    Milk Maid
    +1
    Haven't noticed
  • lucifer 2009/03/24 17:46:03
    lucifer
    +1
    it is all a conspiracy...................... trust noone.................
  • michellenicole(theveganvixen) 2009/03/24 17:44:16
    michellenicole(theveganvixen)
    +1
    I don't know, but I'd like to! wonderful question! I think they are very cool!! :-)
  • ... 2009/03/24 15:45:55
    ...
    +1
    those are the ones that gave us the knowledge to build great temples. we are species of evolution, space is infinite there is other worlds that our most powerfull telescopes can't even see. people that believe in god should believe even more that there is other live in this universe. or maybe it is us from the future coming back to try to fix future time. jk
  • mu_linlin7 2009/03/24 14:50:48
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    mu_linlin7
    +3
    That really makes a lot more sense than Christianity itself, in my opinion. I mean, really, Christians believe in a cosmic Jewish zombie who is his own father, and who wants us to symbolically drink his blood and eat his flesh so that we may be saved from a curse placed on us millennia ago by a woman who was tricked into eating a forbidden fruit by a talking snake...sounds like a big misunderstanding to me. Sounds to me like some aliens came to visit Earth, bringing with them customs and practices that were misunderstood by superstitious humans, and the humans thought they were gods.
  • Josh 2009/03/24 14:11:26
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
    Josh
    +2
    I was already a believer in human contact with aliens. But I did not know these images existed. It's pretty interesting.

You should all read the series called "The Earth Chronicles" by Zacharia Sitchen. It's a great series that looks at Sumeria and Mesopotamia and sheds light on our possible origins.
  • Theresa Josh 2012/06/14 02:24:58
    Theresa
    The Sumerian Mythos is one explanation.
  • TKIA CAT 2009/03/24 13:11:19
    TKIA CAT
    +2

i think peyote helps you see more clearly...
  • tray 2009/03/24 12:08:02
    God is from a galaxy far far away.
     tray
  • Jcap ~ Peace ~ 2009/03/24 11:58:36
    Jcap ~ Peace ~
    +3
    It does seem quite possible that aliens have, at the very least, interacted with man over the course of our history. "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich von Daniken makes a good case for this.
  • Alien Ramone 2009/03/24 09:51:23
    Alien Ramone
    +1
    I think that some of the Christian artists got inside info from the Vatican relating to information handed down about the presence of UFOs at many of the major religious events, so they included them in the paintings. I think that a lot of people back then, including the artists, thought the UFOs were angels grouped in a circular pattern.

events included paintings people artists ufos angels grouped circular pattern

2014/09/19 13:53:06