Why do so many liberal Democrats HATE America and why are they so hell bent on destroying our country ?

True~Male 2009/07/23 04:02:39
Could it be because they want to feel superior from their past and feel being mistreated: that pay back is a bitch ?

• Jester 2009/07/23 04:17:31 (edited)
    Jester
    +6
    I am a libertarian, and even I do not think that is exactly a fair assessment. I do not doubt their good intentions, but as it is often said the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

My problem is that they have the tendency to prey upon people by putting stars in their eyes without afterthought to the consequences. Most of their leading politicians are all about the philosophy of "we can give you this", or " So you have a problem?, here is the government to help you (and take all your money)"

It is this defeatist attitude that concerns me most. The other can be boiled down to the fact that I am a libertarian and am a firm believer that less is more when it comes to government and its role in the civil liberties of the citizenry.

• Marcia B 2011/03/14 20:05:16
    Marcia B
    +2
    It saddens me to see the US President seize so much power over our lives, and so many bureaus follow suit. I don't know why Obama feels it necessary to nationalize our private holdings. I feel threatened by that. If we diversify into precious mental, this country has had a history of seizing those as well. There goes our sense of independence. So many liberals have the argument that we are part of the whole. That does away with individual survival. Is everyone ready to give up their self determination? Is everyone ready to become a serf? Is everyone ready for feudalism? Is everyone ready for Communism? Does everyone believe the government elite will give up their power as well or is it more likely they will maintain power over the population. Do you trust the government? Do you believe we have a representative republic or do you believe that has been lost? Our current president has far too much power. Do you believe people will work together to limit his power? Will he allow it, or will we become another Libya or Venezuela?
  • True~Male Marcia B 2011/03/15 00:03:34
    True~Male
    We must join forces to linit his power
  • Marcia B True~Male 2011/05/02 01:38:44
    Marcia B
    +2
    Agreed. But people need to know this if far more than a Republican/Democrat debate. This is far more than just health care. With government determination over how much health care, when when we can have it, and what we pay for it, this is determination over life and death granted by government.
  • Juli 2009/07/24 21:28:51
    Juli
    I DO NOT think that statement is true. Why would anyone even say that. Liberals are certainly not haters of America but we don't sit back and let conservatives get their way. This year is the WORST year I can remember that their are so many haters and they come, in my opinion, from the conservatives. It has to do with President Obama being our President and, truly, I believe that some people are just NOT READY, but not willing to admit it, for a black President. Shame on them!
  • Marcia B Juli 2011/03/14 20:17:29
    Marcia B
    +2
    I don't know your definition of "Conservative." but I follow the policy of "Fiscal Conservatism both in my daily life and in political perspective. Here's my definition, taken from Wikipedia:

Fiscal conservatism is a political term used to describe a fiscal policy that advocates avoiding deficit spending.

Hate has no place in the equation. Stress does. When an elected official puts an entire economy at risk, this causes stress. Follow that with the president stating "we may have to go into a basket of currencies," and "We may have to nationalize private retirement funds," that causes even more stress.

Any president who does this is one who is seizing power from the people, all of them. His color is irrelevant. His policy is very relevant. We have worked and saved for 47 years, and do not relish handing those funds over to a government. This is our survival, and a president who is willing to seize power over our very survival is not one I can trust.
  • Brew City Junior 2009/07/24 18:47:56
    Brew City Junior
    Wow...such wise words just make me want to join the Republican Party...
    Let's see....
    after all..they support workers rights, and a fair minimum wage...oh..they don't? hmm...
    well, certainly, they support gay rights and are against discrimination....oh...hummm....
    surely they're looking to do something for the health care crisis...oh..there isn't any?...hmmm...
    but they certainly love our country, right.??..oh, Limbaugh wants our president to fail...hmm...
    But they're against predatory lend....oops, they repealled that bill...
    Educatio...oh, wait, Reagan tried to eliminate the Department of Education...
    Civil lib...oh shit, I'm laughing too hard...

when I become a whiny little bitch, I guess the Republican Party will be waiting for me...until then, there's a country to fix..
  • Marcia B Brew Ci... 2011/03/14 20:30:23
    Marcia B
    +4
    I'm not really sure who the "they" are that you speak of, but fiscal conservatism seeks only to protect what one has earned and saved. Stereotypical conservatives, like liberalism, are into social behavior. Social behavior affects me only when funds are to be drawn from me to promote one cause or another. To me, it is far more practical when people are in charge of and responsible for their own decisions and creations. As to education, liberal social policies have crept into that front. Fine if you're a stereotypical liberal. Reverse that thought and ask yourself if you would enjoy having only stereotypical conservative thought taught to your children? I believe you would not be comfortable with that. Since all Americans have to contribute to the public education system, it needs to be politically neutral, but it is not. Instead teacher's union dues go to support the democratic party, and therefore, more educators become democrats. I'm not comfortable with liberal values, or the lack thereof, yet I have no objections to liberals holding them. That's the freedom we have been granted. I do object to being forced into a game I do not wish to play.
  • Marie/M2M2K™-#1Conservative... 2009/07/23 07:04:46
  • True~Male Marie/M... 2009/07/23 14:20:28
    True~Male
    +1
    Guess that's why Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity are so popular they are getting paid to figure it out and still can't .
  • Zuggi 2009/07/23 05:28:45
    Zuggi
    +1
    Why do you hate America, True-Male?
  • True~Male Zuggi 2009/07/23 14:22:22
    True~Male
    +1
    I love America -And all of it's beauty - The people in charge is what is perplexing to me. Health care needs a little tweeking but not a major over haul as some would lead us to believe .
  • Zuggi True~Male 2009/07/23 14:27:19
    Zuggi
    +2
    No, you hate America. You're obviously a fascist and want to put all liberals in concentration camps.*

* I don't believe any of this. It's merely mirroring conservative arguments to emphasize their full of shit-ness.
  • True~Male Zuggi 2009/07/23 14:31:44
    True~Male
    +1
    OH SHUT YOUR MOUTH -YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT --Good God Almighty !!
  • Zuggi True~Male 2009/07/23 14:35:52
    Zuggi
    +1
    Angry kid is angry.
  • True~Male Zuggi 2009/07/23 14:52:22 (edited)
    True~Male
    LOL -hope your day is a good one !!
  • True~Male Zuggi 2011/05/04 12:40:54
    True~Male
    Stupid reply !!
  • True~Male Zuggi 2011/05/04 12:39:56 (edited)
    True~Male
    I love America and what she represents
  • "I see debt people." 2009/07/23 05:02:34
    They get a certain amount of sexual pleasure in being the dominate force of ...
    "I see debt people."
    +2
    I think its just the philosophy of whether you believe the cup is half full or half empty. I get frustrated some times on here but I think most people care about this country. They just have drastically opposite ideas on how to achieve that goal. Realistically a bipartisan approach is the only way out of the mud slinging, compromises that would please both sides is a more realistic approach of running such a diverse country.

For example after a strong economy, low unemployment and the deficit is erased then approach idea's like health care or cap and trade based on what this country can afford. Sounds like a great compromise to me its all about priorities, IMHO.
  • Me 2009/07/23 04:41:23
    Me
    +2
    I may not agree with much todays so called liberals are doing, however I tend to doubt they hate America and want it destroyed. Rather I think that they have been held back by the conservatives and are misusing their new found power in an attempt to teach a lesson.
    It's this tit for tat crap that put our nation where it is today, and it needs to stop. Until both sides realize that they need each other to prosper, and that America needs neither, nothing will truly change, it will be a repetition of the same old song and dance continuously.
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2009/07/23 04:33:37
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +5
    My liberal friends feel like the conservatives had their turn and now it's up to the liberals to fix everything, but the fact is they're just adding to the mess we were already in.
  • True~Male Lee The... 2009/07/23 04:34:48
    True~Male
    +3
    So true
  • Marcia B Lee The... 2011/05/02 01:22:48
    Marcia B
    +1
    There is a difference between a "conservative" and a "fiscal conservative." A very big difference.
    Conservative:
    disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
    Fiscal conservatism is a political term used to describe a fiscal policy that advocates avoiding deficit spending. Fiscal conservatives often consider reduction of overall government spending and national debt as well as ensuring balanced budget of paramount importance.
  • Lee The... Marcia B 2011/05/02 03:08:33
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +1
    I am a fiscal Conservative, I think socially I am pretty liberal.
  • 1088799 2009/07/23 04:27:23
    1088799
    +5
    I love America, and don't label myself anything. The whole liberal vs. conservative crap is a successful distraction foisted upon us by those who have the means and reason to do so, and you fell for it. We all love America, and we all have the right to disagree with you.
  • True~Male 1088799 2009/07/23 04:32:02
    True~Male
    +1
    oh really now , Do tell ?
  • 1088799 True~Male 2009/07/23 04:34:41
    1088799
    +2
    What are you referring to?
  • Jester 2009/07/23 04:17:31 (edited)
    Jester
    +6

• True~Male Jester 2009/07/23 04:22:58
    True~Male
    +3
    I'm libertarian too and I agree
  • Marcia B Jester 2011/03/14 20:37:57
    Marcia B
    +3
    Exactly.
  • True~Male Marcia B 2011/03/15 00:06:18
    True~Male
    I like your posts
  • Astro-Boy PHAET 2009/07/23 04:16:57
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +3
    I love America.
  • Astro-B... Astro-B... 2009/07/23 04:49:25
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +2
    Hmm, I'm the only one that didn't get a reply. I wonder why?
  • 1088799 Astro-B... 2009/07/23 04:52:00 (edited)
    1088799
    +2
    Cuz we rule.
    cuz rule
  • Astro-B... 1088799 2009/07/23 04:52:32
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +2
    LOL..Too True.
  • ubiquitous_tergiversation 2009/07/23 04:13:26
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    +2
    Why do so many republicans molest children and cannibalize their dead?
  • True~Male ubiquit... 2009/07/23 04:16:31
    True~Male
    +1
    Just for the same reasons that democrats do it : for the sexual pleasure that they obtain from it. And the Hatred of American people
  • Marcia B ubiquit... 2011/03/14 20:40:18
    Marcia B
    +3
    Pardon?
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2009/07/23 04:09:03
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +4
    I hope that none of them really hate America, but I can't rule out that a few may for personal gain.
  • True~Male Dave Sa... 2009/07/23 04:09:55
  • True~Male 2009/07/23 04:03:50
    True~Male
    +2
    It's way too deep for the average guy to figure out -Counciling is in their best interst.

2014/09/02 14:55:19