Why do SH conservatives hate progressives so much?

Biker Bob 2012/02/15 22:16:33

• KoAm 2012/02/16 02:24:38 (edited)
    hatred runs in my family
    KoAm
    +56
    Nice answer choices there, Mr. Open-Minded Progressive.

We can't answer your question unless we either identify ourselves as progressives (which I'm not) or "admit" to being "hateful" (which I'm not).

Read slowly and carefully: Just because a person disagrees with "progressive" policies, does not mean that the person "hates" the people who espouse those policies.

And yes, I put the word "progressive" in quotes, because I often fail to see how liberal policies are automatically an exercise in "progress."

Every time someone like me stands up to the misguided policies pushed by you "progressives," you call it "hate" in an attempt to immunize yourselves from criticism or disagreement

That means that people on YOUR side are the real haters!

• Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/02/22 18:43:49
    I'm a progressive
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    There is plenty of hatred, stupidity, and general ignorance on this site from both sides. I really think the anonymity of the web allows people to say things they would never say to anyone face to face. There is also the fact that for every idiot spouting hate and B.S. on this site there are ten others cheering him or her on. But if you look carefully there are also a lot intelligent people with interesting things to say. Whenever I find one I friend him or her and as a result I have people from both sides I follow on the feed.
  • Sadisticon 2012/02/22 18:14:04
    hatred runs in my family
    Sadisticon
    Progressives are easier targets. Believing in equality for all, fairness and justice and the evolution of the social standard means you attract a lot of 'outliers' folks who aren't traditionally, historically accepted at the great collective drinking hole. People are pretty bad at dealing with difference; they're even worse at dealing with change; and then you have bunches of young people and outcasts demanding - demanding that they be treated like people??? Who the hell do they think they are?? It's easier to hate than to think over what it is that you're really upset about.
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/02/20 00:20:49
    I'm a progressive
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    You used the fallacy of "Begging the Question." You made the assumption that Consevatives hate Progressives.

"Begging the question (or petitio principii, "assuming the initial point") is a type of logical fallacy in which the proposition to be proven is assumed implicitly or explicitly in the premise."

Of Course, a fallacy is a break down in logic. Howerver, you can also call it Liberal Logic.

The Communist Party also claim to be Progressive.

"The Communist Party has an unparalleled history in the progressive movement of the United States.
    http://cpusa.org/the-party/

The Communist Party isn't running any candidates in 2012. They are supporting their fellow Progressive Democrats like Obama.
  • Reichstolz 2012/02/19 23:46:14
    hatred runs in my family
    Reichstolz
    +2
    I find it amusing when you are confronted by someone who holds a different viewpoint, progressives classify it as hate. Granted the old play book you are using used to work to end debate by using terms such as hate, racist, bigot, etc. Thankfully, those terms have lost any serious meaning due to their common use and most of the nation realizing how ridiculous your goals are.
  • Billyk75 2012/02/19 21:45:24
    I'm a progressive
    Billyk75
    +2
    I thought it was the other way around.
  • Brian 2012/02/19 21:38:44
    hatred runs in my family
    Brian
    +2
    Yes hatred runs deep in my family for ANYONE who sets out to destroy this country, and the "progressives" have been at it for more than a hundred years.
  • Tom 2012/02/19 20:14:03
    hatred runs in my family
    Tom
    +2
    Bob, you cannot possibly be serious. Is this some kind of sock puppet thing?
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/19 20:14:00
    hatred runs in my family
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Actually it is Socialism that I hate, and since Progressive is just another word for Socialist, I hate what you stand for, and I hate the type of government you want to force on me and the control you want to have over me. It is not about the people, it is about their behavior and what they stand for.
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/02/19 20:05:30
    hatred runs in my family
    Jack's Pearl
    I don't feel this way but it must run in some families. They are un accepting of people who think differently from them. I think it's a waste to reject a whole person for some things you disagree on.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/02/18 21:33:15
    hatred runs in my family
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +3
    They do not. They do however like to point out the one sidedness of the progressive's ideology. The answer choices you have provided are a perfect example.
  • WhereIs... Bureauc... 2012/02/19 20:14:59
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Yep, that is why 99% of the people who have blocked me on here are leftists.
  • Dave 007 2012/02/18 13:00:33
    hatred runs in my family
    Dave 007
    +4
    I don't hate, I just don't like MOST of their doings.
  • Farnsworth 2012/02/18 12:30:18
    I'm a progressive
    Farnsworth
    +4
    the usual biased answers....

the real question is....

"Why do SH commu....I mean "progressives" hate conservatives so much.

A. Progressives are pin headed group thinkers and goose steppers

B. Can't tolerate any ideas other than theirs

C. Can't stand to be served in a discussion, so they hide behind a block

D. Run to SH and cry TOS when facts become overwhelming.

E. It's all they know

F. My answer is _________________

G. all of the above

I don't need the raves, but feel free to answer with a vote OR C&P; one of my answers in your reply to this neo-Marxist.

Thanks
  • DavidK 2012/02/18 05:37:59
    hatred runs in my family
    DavidK
    +1
    Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals; and
    2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women...

1. Liberals; and
    2. Conservatives.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girliemen.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history: It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it. A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to piss them off.
  • Icono1 2012/02/18 03:34:23
    hatred runs in my family
    Icono1
    +6
    I don't hate true progressives, and true liberals, and true democrats.

I come from a long family tradition of hating Marxists, for the original Marxists hated my Kulak family because they owned the land they farmed, especially the ones in the Ukraine.

Most so called American Progressives are really soft core wannabe Marxists/Leninist, so I hate them. I make no distinction between soft core wannabe's or hard core ideologues; for a useful idiot, i.e., soft core Marxist ideologue, is more dangerous than a fully functional ideologue. The true Marxist ideologue wants to convert you before they kill you, while the useful idiot Marxist ideologue wants to kill you then convert you. Big difference in methodology but still deadly none the less.

I don't feel bad about hating Marxists posing as progressives, for Marxists posing as progressives, hate me right back.

And that gives my DNA a true leg tingle. Let's just call it that 'animal awareness thing'.
  • Nowonmai 2012/02/17 09:29:08
    hatred runs in my family
    Nowonmai
    +1
    I didn't like either of the choices, so closed my eyes and click. Hatred doesn't run in my family. Conservatives by their very nature loathe change. They would be happy with the clock turned back to the HAPPY DAYS/LEAVE IT TO BEAVER era, where women were good for cleaning the house, and bearing/rearing children. I, a thinking educated woman, find this backward thinking frightening.
  • Cognito22 Nowonmai 2012/02/20 00:54:57 (edited)
    Cognito22
    That bigoted stereotype is so outdated . . . kind of like the HAPPY DAYS/ LEAVE IT TO BEAVER era . . . you really should step into the 21st century.

face palm
  • Joseph Arrington 2012/02/17 01:15:14
    I'm a progressive
    Joseph Arrington
    +1
    Because, much like Dan Savage has redefined Santorum to mean what it does (and arguably has all along), conservatives can only defeat progress by inspiring fear. Fear is a base emotion and we usually hate what we fear.
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/17 00:22:13
    hatred runs in my family
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Because progressives are control freaks out to destroy the America I love.
  • teachaman~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/16 22:01:35
    I'm a progressive
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    +7
    as a conservative moderate Republican, the values I support ACTUALLY embrace the PROGRESSION of mankind toward liberty and freedom, and away from the totalitarian government espoused by those who refer to themselves with the moniker "progressive" today ... a more accurate name for the leftists in the Democrat party would obviously be "Statist", as in those who hold the belief that, for whatever reason, a government should control either economic or social policy or both, even when the general populace disagrees with the positions the government takes ... every position of the current leftists is a controvention of the Constitutional limits to power of the government, from mandating what our children can eat to mandating that religiously-affiliated organizations must be forced to provide services that are clearly against their religious beliefs ... so saying, those that favor limited, constrained government are far more PROGRESSIVE than those of the current administration and its unabashed greed for power and domination ... just sayin'
  • Icono1 teacham... 2012/02/18 03:50:18
    Icono1
    +2
    How true.

nice explanation.
  • DavidK teacham... 2012/02/18 05:28:03 (edited)
  • teacham... DavidK 2012/02/19 18:11:29
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    did you read my answer, or are you just this silly on a regular basis? ...
  • DavidK teacham... 2012/02/20 21:14:38
    DavidK
    yes, and yes........ nothing personal.......
  • teacham... DavidK 2012/02/21 15:20:48
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    I met Gunney Ermey once ... cool guy ... LOTS nicer than my last GySgt! ... that dude was an ass both on and off duty!
  • DavidK teacham... 2012/02/21 15:24:30
    DavidK
    scary S.O.B. thats for sure.
  • teacham... DavidK 2012/02/21 17:40:14
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    not at all ... he was/is professional motivator of actual men, that's all ... my DI was a SSgt and noisy as all get out, but not half as funny as Ermey ... R. Lee Ermey was a SSgt as well when he was medically retired, and made an honorary GSgt later, after Full Metal Jacket ...
  • DavidK teacham... 2012/02/21 17:48:30
    DavidK
    I was kidding, I know he's actually got a great personallity. If you didn't know about him though and had him as a DI, that could be a little scary!
  • teacham... DavidK 2012/02/21 18:16:44
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    my DI would actually eat foul-smelling cheese and onions and whatnot in order to be as revolting as possible when he screamed in your face! ... funny to think about it now, but an incredible pain in the ass then...
  • Jean 2012/02/16 17:09:37
    hatred runs in my family
    Jean
    +10
    I love the bigoted answers you provide - this is one reason why conservatives "hate" liberals / progressives / Marxists - you are so averse to the truth you have to hide behind your own bigotry to justify your views. However, if you really want a laundry list, here it goes: 1) your views are based on total ignorance of human nature and basic economics, and you are so uneducable that facts don't penetrate your thick skulls, 2) at the same time, you are incredibly pretentious and believe you are the smartest people on earth. Your lives present a different picture, but once again, facts fail to penetrate (showing how stupid you really are.) 3) you are the takers of the universe - needy, dependent, incapable of producing much that has value. You are greedy, needy and feed off the lives and livelihood of others like any other parasite. You are ticks in human form. 4) you call yourselves "progressives" but fail to notice to what end you are progressing. History repeats because ignoramuses are in such abundance they populate every generation. Stalin referred to you as "useful idiots" - and dispensed with your kind after you had served your purpose. Do you really believe that Obama and the rest of your ilk will take care of you into your dotage once they've retained power for a life...
    I love the bigoted answers you provide - this is one reason why conservatives "hate" liberals / progressives / Marxists - you are so averse to the truth you have to hide behind your own bigotry to justify your views. However, if you really want a laundry list, here it goes: 1) your views are based on total ignorance of human nature and basic economics, and you are so uneducable that facts don't penetrate your thick skulls, 2) at the same time, you are incredibly pretentious and believe you are the smartest people on earth. Your lives present a different picture, but once again, facts fail to penetrate (showing how stupid you really are.) 3) you are the takers of the universe - needy, dependent, incapable of producing much that has value. You are greedy, needy and feed off the lives and livelihood of others like any other parasite. You are ticks in human form. 4) you call yourselves "progressives" but fail to notice to what end you are progressing. History repeats because ignoramuses are in such abundance they populate every generation. Stalin referred to you as "useful idiots" - and dispensed with your kind after you had served your purpose. Do you really believe that Obama and the rest of your ilk will take care of you into your dotage once they've retained power for a lifetime? Remember, your kind believes the Constitution and Bill of Rights was written by "old, racist white men" and therefor should be ignored when it serves Obama's purposes, so don't look to either of those documents to save your sorry asses when you no longer serve Obama's purposes.
  • Icono1 Jean 2012/02/18 03:37:29
    Icono1
    +1
    Sweet. Keep going. I'm in total agreement with you.

Got any more fundamental insights of basic truths.
  • DavidK Jean 2012/02/18 05:30:43
    DavidK
    sweeeeeeeet!!!!!
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/02/16 14:54:18
    hatred runs in my family
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +5
    Nice choices, rather closed minded... Liberals and conservatives have completely different views of life, Liberals are emotional, Conservatives are logical. They don't mix very well, and both sides have their merits, and both ways of doing things work, but not together, which is why they hate each other, as each side destroys each other's work.
  • Bowman 2012/02/16 14:48:09
    hatred runs in my family
    Bowman
    +7
    Because even after seeing the facts, they still won't think for themselves. They don't have to agree with me, but some conclusions are obvious. It's funny how most are anti-Christian and don't believe in faith. Yet they believe hope will somehow help them. They are emotionally driven for fairness, that is unless you would like to keep your things to yourself. They do not believe in personal responsibility. They don't want to pay for their own contraceptives, medical insurance, abortions or their own housing. Sometimes I wonder what their version of the "American Dream" is. Don't they want to be successful too. They think the world is stacked against them and they will use excuse after excuse to not be productive for their own benefit.
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/02/16 14:47:25 (edited)
    I'm a progressive
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +6
    I trhink progressives are great people and a lot of fun unless they are talking about how to spend my tax dollars.
    I think Jen's answer covers it all very well.
  • DavidK Will Ad... 2012/02/17 15:13:08
    DavidK
    +3
    LIBERALS – believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

CONSERVATIVES – believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.
  • Will Ad... DavidK 2012/02/17 16:23:56
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +2
    Well said.
  • DavidK Will Ad... 2012/02/17 17:22:14
    DavidK
    +2
    thank you
  • rdaddy 2012/02/16 13:35:32
    I'm a progressive
    rdaddy
    +9
    I selected a false answer just to comment on the real reason. It is because fools like the guy who presented this question are the reason we've had the worst administration in the history of this country since 2008.
  • Seonag 2012/02/16 13:33:15
    hatred runs in my family
    Seonag
    +9
    Actually it doesn't. Obviously it does in yours, though. I'll go along with Jen's answer. She said it all!

2014/10/02 16:51:19