Why do Republicans hate Americans?

ProudProgressive 2013/09/22 15:12:42
When the Republicans first became aware of the possibility that Barack Obama might be elected President of the United States they began a campaign of obstruction and divisiveness that has cost this nation billions of dollars and thousands of lives and at present has put the country in the position of facing a shutdown of the United States government by petulant children who lost an argument in Congress, lost the same argument before the Supreme Court, and have lost the same argument 42 more times since. People used to ask "Do the Republicans hate Americans?". But by now, that question has been answered, and the question left to be asked is not if, but WHY. For some of them, of course, the answer is that they would rather destroy the country than see a black man succeed, and the more he succeeds, the more determined they are to bring the country down. For others, it's simply a matter of money. They see more personal profit from tearing this country down than from working to make this country better. But then there are those whose motivations are completely unfathomable. Mental illness may be a factor here, as numerous studies have shown that when a conservative gets a piece of misinformation in their heads, no amount of factual information will ever dislodge it.

Article excerpt follows:

Why do Republicans hate Americans?
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Posted by Jill

And so here we are on September 19, 2013, with the House of Representatives led by the government equivalent of a bunch of kids who decide to pour gasoline over a sleeping homeless person and light him on fire "just to see what happens."

I've never understood the logic of putting in government positions people who really hate the very idea of government. There's something profoundly hypocritical about guys like Ted Cruz, whose raison d'etre is to hate government, and yet they cash their government paycheck just like the teachers and firemen and federal workers they excoriate even as they check their bank balances on their government-issued hand-helds. But if there's one thing they hate more than the idea of government, it's Democratic presidents in general, and Barack Obama in particular. And they hate Americans. They really, really, really hate every American that isn't funnelling large sums of soft-money into their campaign coffers. In fact, I would go so far as to say that they want as many Americans to die as possible -- to die from diabetes and cancer and cystic fibrosis and sickle-cell anemia and heart disease. They want Americans to just tough out the pain of shingles. They want children to go without vaccinations and well-baby care and treatment for peanut allergies and ear infections and having that arm that broke when they fell out of a tree. They want the kids with moyamoya who are having strokes every day to become copmlete invalids. They want this. They hate the idea that Americans should have health care. Fuck 'em if they can't afford $20,000/year for a family policy. That's Republican doctrine.

Four years ago, Rep. Alan Grayson took no end of crap for saying this:

Someone please tell me exactly what he said then that was wrong, especially in light of the Republican House's plan to create global economic collapse because they hate the idea that Americans might have health care.

I happen to believe that we should have single-payer health coverage, but the reality is that we don't, and we're not going to for a very, very long time, if ever. No matter how much you hate the insurance companies, no matter how much you hate screaming on the phone that the neurosurgeon's office faxed the clinical information over three times and just because the guy in the mailroom hasn't gotten around to rerouting it to you doesn't mean it isn't there, you need what they sell. You never realize just how much you need it until you do.

I've always been really healthy, but one thing I've learned from our experience with cancer and rare brain diseases is that you can be walking around feeling fine and have no idea what kind of deadly enemy is lurking in your bladder, or your brain, or your breast, or anywhere else. In fact, my own medical maintenance has been neglected lo these last six months as much as our driveway, which is in desperate need of sealing, has. But I could show you a list of claims as long as my arm that would make your head spin. Because while we are grateful for access to the wonderful people at Big Cancer Center and Big Prestigious Hospital, I am also extremely aware of what it costs. Much of the reason it costs as much as it does is because the medical facilities have to hire entire staffs of people just to deal with insurance companies, and because the CEO of Aetna has to make $36.6 million a year including his stock options, and the ousted CEO of Wellpoint can get almost $50 million for doing a crappy job and hospital operator HCA Holdings can give its CEO a pay package worth about $48 million. There's a lot to hate about insurance companies, but they're here and they're what we've got. And when you are dealing with cancer and brain surgery, there isn't an American alive who isn't a CEO who could pay for what we're getting.

When we hear that the scans show no tumor. When I look at Mr. Brilliant's head where you can hardly see the scar from his surgery not even a month ago. When I see what the radiologist bills for a consult. When I see the mid-five-figure claim from Big Prestgious Hospital. When I see all these things, I always ask, "What do people do who don't have insurance?" You know what they do? They die. Not quickly, but they die. They piss blood until they go into kidney failure. They go right to Stage IV and die in pain because they can't even pay for painkillers.

And Republicans hate these people. And they are willing to rock the world economy just so they can show them how much they hate them -- and how much they hate their black president.

But it's not just about Americans' health care. It's about their wages. Because while it's OK for Republicans to make six figures in government-issued pay and rake in campaign cash, it's not OK for an American working in a retail store to make a living wage. It's not OK for people living in fracking areas to have clean properties without fracking waste oozing through their yards. It's not OK for American children to have clean air to breathe and food that doesn't poison them. This is not OK because Republicans hate the very people who sent them to Washington.

Yes, these people are ignorant, some of them willfully. They're incurious and frightened and they are so used to looking at those who are dark of skin as the source of their problems that they have become wired that way. But the bottom line is that they put these people into office and we are all going to pay the price. Now we will see what happens. But nothing that is going to happen is going to change one simple fact.

Republican Congresspeople hate Americans.

Read More: http://brilliantatbreakfast.blogspot.ca/2013/09/wh...

• Runaway ✩ 2013/09/22 15:43:40
    Runaway ✩
    +47
    I'm not a Republican, so I can't answer the question. But, as an independent, I hate stupid people, whether they are Americans or not.

Progressives and elitists are by definition stupid. I don't hate them for being American, I hate them for being stupid.

Isn't Lulu's post "special"? She's so elite - look at the image she posted. Rednecks. Like, she's BETTER than rednecks?

Everywhere I look in these "progressive" posts, I see self important, pompous posers, pretending to be better than their peers.

Hatred? Sure, all you progressives step up here, and get you some of it.

• the fuze 2013/10/17 19:47:22
    the fuze
    They don't, so calm down.
  • Ronzo 2013/09/25 19:40:46
  • Ronzo 2013/09/25 19:30:30
    Ronzo
    The problem with our government is to many greedy Lawyers both Democrat and Republican out setting things up to benefit them and there big business buddy's, crooked greedy legal crooks. They all in government are in on insider trading and special deals to make money, my retired friend knows he was one of these and brags about it America, the middle class keeps getting it from both party's, what a hell of a scam.
  • Ronzo 2013/09/25 19:24:25
    Ronzo
    I read all the stupid complaints and frankly they fit the Marxist socialist liberal party to a T, NSA, IRS unfair and inappropriate treatment of Tea Party/Gop party member's, Benghazi cover up, use of internet company's and phone company's to tap text and phone conversation's, The Syria scandal, Obama wants to help Gihadist rebels who goal is to kill Christian and jews and blow them off the face of the earth, no to helping Syrian rebels. Obama has done nothing to stop the slaughter of Christians world wide, go check it out. I see no difference between either party with the exception the democrat's kill the weak the unborn and the Democrats promote immorality and big government. We got more people out of work, people are not looking for work many are pan handling and paying no taxes, cash under the table. The printing of funny money in the tune of 1 trillion dollars a year for the purpose of paying people welfare Vs creating jobs. The Canadian oil pipe line delayed by the Hoaxster Obie. I could list a thousand reasons showing the short comings of Democrat's and have facts to back it up and it wouldn't matter to many, the truth doesn't matter. Ban Violent Hollywood Movies and Violent video Games, get rid of dirty racial filthy language in rap and lyrics of all music, outlaw it all.
  • swampwi... Ronzo 2013/09/27 00:37:33
    swampwitch99
    For all your judgement you fail...your superior high horse and hypocritical morality show you for what you are. Do not judge lest you be judged. I am certain you have a mirror or two, but I am willing to bet you will never allow yourself to see just how far from Jesus your heart is.
  • Ronzo 2013/09/25 19:02:59
    Ronzo
    They Don't however there are study's that prove the most violent and those who commit murder rape and theft and the top 20 crimes in this country are those who claim to be Democrat's and are registered as Democrat's. The study results was 89% crime by democrat's, 6% were Independent and 5% were Republican's. The data on this can be found on reputable website's, what you want me to give you the website address, hey why not put out some ambition and stop being so lazy, look it up and read if you can read! PS, the majority of Americans oppose implementation of this revolving Tax increase on the middle class, you know the very people the Liar said he would not raise taxes on. The American people art least those with a brain see that the current health plan is badly flawed and has had delays for big corporations, wow, Obama supports the 99% and says stick to the middle class dumb asses, where do you fit in this Great American Hoax!
  • Billy J 2013/09/25 16:39:31
    Billy J
    They dont hate Americans just the sick the weak the poor the women and the needy amoung us
  • dheydrick 2013/09/24 17:31:58
    dheydrick
    +1
    I thought the liberal/progressive rhetoric was that Republicans hate women and children and they're all racists. So, now we've moved on to all Americans in general? Got it, I'm just trying to keep up.

I was actually going to respond to this nonsense, but I'm thinking it would just land on deaf ears. So, good luck with that whole 'keep America poor' thing and 'if there's not a crisis, create one so the government can fix it' ideologies.
  • JustTheFacts 2013/09/24 15:43:33
    JustTheFacts
    +1
    Because we know a fake BC when we see one and get frustrated when others roll over and allow an Impostor to destroy the country we all used to love.
  • ProudPr... JustThe... 2013/09/25 13:45:47
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    LOL when all else fails, plead utter insanity.

birthers
  • JustThe... ProudPr... 2013/09/26 14:02:21
    JustTheFacts
    Ah....you've already been checkmated on this.....

You already know I am your master when it comes to this subject. Why do you persist?
  • Bronar 2013/09/24 13:47:18
    Bronar
    +2
    ? What a load of crap. We'll see what happens when the average family of four sees their healthcare costs double and they can't afford to put the money into the economy.
  • ProudPr... Bronar 2013/09/25 13:46:09
    ProudProgressive
    LOL premium costs for most Americans are going down.
  • Bronar ProudPr... 2013/09/25 17:34:34
    Bronar
    I'd love to see some proof.
  • Duke_Gr... ProudPr... 2013/09/25 20:46:04
    Duke_Gryffindor
    It has gone up not down, stop with the left wing nut jobs lies.
  • JL 2013/09/24 11:35:33
    JL
    +2
    I MUST SAY, I REALLY ENJOY LITTLE PP'S INTERJECTION OF RACE INTO EVERY SINGLE BREATH....I AM AFRAID THAT HE, ONE DAY, WILL BE TOTALLY CONSUMED BY HIS HATE....JUST AN OPINION.
  • ProudPr... JL 2013/09/25 13:47:39
    ProudProgressive
    Sorry, but reality is all I've got. What part of "for some of them" was too complicated for you? Or are you going to claim that there is not one conservative in the entire country who hates the President because of his race?
  • JL ProudPr... 2013/09/25 20:04:07
    JL
    OH, I MAKE NO CLAIMS...THE MANY CONSERVTIVES THAT I KNOW DO NOT "HATE" ANYONE BECAUSE OF RACE....
    "REALITY" IS A PERCEPTION, AND I FIND YOURS TO BE SKEWED....I THINK YOU MIGHT STOP WITH SO MUCH GENERALIZATION....
    TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME?...HARDLY!
    I THINK YOUR "LAWYER SPEAK" COMES FROM TO MANY SCRAPS OF PAPER YOU HAVE SWEPT UP ON THE FLOOR....
  • Angus 2013/09/24 10:23:26
    Angus
    +2
    The one who sits in the glass house shouldn't be throwing with rocks. PERIOD

By the way, change your name to Proud Idiot. It is more suitable.
  • Rabbit 2013/09/24 03:47:06
    Rabbit
    +3
    It's obvious to me that haters are always the ones to make accusations and generalizations. By Your post, ProudProgressive, you are a self proclaimed hater. I have no time for your kind.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2013/09/24 01:34:28
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +6
    Oh my, you used a video of our state idiot! My friend is trying to figure out how you can call it the Affordable Care Act because she got her premium and she plainly cannot afford it. Now she'll get to pay a fine...if that isn't Progressive what is? We're progressing right off the cliff! Moving forward is only good when it's in the right direction.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2013/09/24 01:19:36
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +3
    I am an American and a Republican. We want people in Government who would rather serve than rule us - like George Washington. We want people who have more than a textbook understanding of living and the economy and how they work.
  • swampwi... Dave Sa... 2013/09/27 01:17:12
    swampwitch99
    Lol, like W. Bush? The man who ran EVERY company he ever headed into the ground....including this country! I'm an Independent, but the last party I would ever support is the current Republican party. I am ashamed of what the GOP gets up to and how they have the right wing brainwashed into voting for their very own demise! Stop pretending the GOP are about smaller Gov, they are about corporate run government which is insanity....the entire government working for the benefit of a few, using the masses to fund their machine and Congress as their personal errand boys. The Citizens United Act and everything W. Bush legislated is an assault on this country and the ideals it was founded upon. Remember who enacted all this legislation you keep trying to blame Obama for, while I have issues with Obama, he is a saint compared to W. Bush ...Heck! ALL the Bush family are criminals for that matter. Pull your heads out of the sand and stop talking about your facts and understanding of how things work when you can't even admit that so much of the legislation you are hating on was entirely ok with you when W. Bush initially rolled it out. You people can't even acknowledge historically documented fact!
  • Dave Sa... swampwi... 2013/09/27 01:37:33
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I am a Conservative before I am a Republican. If there was a better option, I'd go for it. The Democratic Party supports too many things I am against. Conservatives are for smaller government. So you are still blaming Bush? Get over it! If I had had the chance, I would never have supported the creation of Social Security.
  • Wayne 2013/09/24 01:06:31
    Wayne
    +3
    Here is the truth about Obama the proud progressive from Newsweek!
    Try to absorb what your buddies think about Obama PP! LOL!

From Wikipedia - The free encyclopedia:

Newsweek was an American weekly news magazine that was published in New York City in print form from 1933 to 2012. Its print edition was distributed throughout the United States and internationally. It was the second-largest news weekly magazine in the U.S., having trailed Time in circulation and advertising revenue for most of its existence. It was published in four English language editions and 12 global editions written in the language of the circulation region. Newsweek continues as a news reporting and opinion website with its first digital-only issue published on January 4, 2013 and is still being printed in the UK and Europe.

Finally, Matt Patterson and Newsweek speak out about Obama. This is timely and tough. As many of you know, Newsweek has a reputation for being extremely liberal. The fact that their editor saw fit to print the following article about Obama and the one that appears in the latest Newsweek, makes this a truly amazing event, and a news story in and of itself. At last, the truth about our President and his agenda are starting to trickle through the protective wall built around him by...

From Wikipedia - The free encyclopedia:

Finally, Matt Patterson and Newsweek speak out about Obama. This is timely and tough. As many of you know, Newsweek has a reputation for being extremely liberal. The fact that their editor saw fit to print the following article about Obama and the one that appears in the latest Newsweek, makes this a truly amazing event, and a news story in and of itself. At last, the truth about our President and his agenda are starting to trickle through the protective wall built around him by the liberal media.

I Too Have Become Disillusioned.

By Matt Patterson (columnist opinion writer)

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, the result of a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?

Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League, despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer;" a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions.

He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator. And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

Not content to wait for history, the incomparable Norman Podhoretz addressed the question recently in the Wall Street Journal: To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers, would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberal Dom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass. Let that sink in: Obama was given a pass - held to a lower standard - because of the color of his skin.

Podhoretz continues: And in any case, what did such ancient history matter when he was also so articulate and elegant and (as he himself had said) "non-threatening," all of which gave him a fighting chance to become the first black president and thereby to lay the curse of racism to rest?

Podhoretz puts his finger, I think, on the animating pulse of the Obama phenomenon - affirmative action. Not in the legal sense, of course. But certainly in the motivating sentiment behind all affirmative action laws and regulations, which are designed primarily to make white people, and especially white liberals, feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, minorities often suffer so that whites can pat themselves on the back. Liberals routinely admit minorities to schools for which they are not qualified, yet take no responsibility for the inevitable poor performance and high drop-out rates which follow. Liberals don't care if these minority students fail; liberals aren't around to witness the emotional devastation and deflated self-esteem resulting from the racist policy that is affirmative action. Yes, racist. Holding someone to a separate standard merely because of the color of his skin - that's affirmative action in a nutshell, and if that isn't racism, then nothing is.

And that is what America did to Obama. True, Obama himself was never troubled by his lack of achievements, but why would he be? As many have noted, Obama was told he was good enough for Columbia despite undistinguished grades at Occidental; he was told he was good enough for the US Senate despite a mediocre record in Illinois ; he was told he was good enough to be president despite no record at all in the Senate. All his life, every step of the way, Obama was told he was good enough for the next step, in spite of ample evidence to the contrary.

What could this breed if not the sort of empty narcissism on display every time Obama speaks? In 2008, many who agreed that he lacked executive qualifications nonetheless raved about Obama's oratory skills, intellect, and cool character. Those people conservatives included - ought now to be deeply embarrassed.

The man thinks and speaks in the hoariest of clich?s, and that's when he has his Teleprompters in front of him; when the prompter is absent he can barely think or speak at all. Not one original idea has ever issued from his mouth -it's all warmed-over Marxism of the kind that has failed over and over again for 100 years.
    ( An example is his 2012 campaign speeches which are almost word for word his 2008 speeches)

And what about his character? Obama is constantly blaming anything and everything else for his troubles. Bush did it; it was bad luck; I inherited this mess. Remember, he wanted the job, campaigned for the task. It is embarrassing to see a president so willing to advertise his own powerlessness, so comfortable with his own incompetence. (The other day he actually came out and said no one could have done anything to get our economy and country back on track.) But really, what were we to expect? The man has never been responsible for anything, so how do we expect him to act responsibly?

In short: our president is a small-minded man, with neither the temperament nor the intellect to handle his job. When you understand that, and only when you understand that, will the current erosion of liberty and prosperity make sense. It could not have gone otherwise with such a man in the Oval Office.
  • Charlie~NBA 2013/09/23 23:43:19
    Charlie~NBA
    +1
    The greatest threat to America and Americans is not necessarily a recession or even another terrorist attack. The greatest threat to America is the "Republican Led Congress!"
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2013/09/23 20:07:17
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Opposing and obstructing Obama is the greatest show of love and honor to the American people that a politician could ever hope to achieve.
  • Ms. Puscifer 2013/09/23 18:35:51
    Ms. Puscifer
    +2
    OP is a self righteous douche.
  • CommieH... Ms. Pus... 2013/09/23 18:39:19
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    Ha ha, you've got that RIGHT!
  • ppk007@cfl.rr.com 2013/09/23 14:52:59
    ppk007@cfl.rr.com
    LOL - Republicans don't hate Americans - Rather many republicans believe that THEY are the only TRUE Americans - they hate the rest of us - the ones they have deemed to be non-Americans.
  • Ashley 2013/09/23 14:17:16
    Ashley
    +2
    I am not a Republican and do not hate anyone. This is a generalization of a political group.
  • davidgoessplat 2013/09/23 08:19:08
    davidgoessplat
    lol
  • hatter 2013/09/23 05:47:59
    hatter
    we just hate americans robbing americans.
  • Wayne 2013/09/23 05:45:24
    Wayne
    +3
    Blah blab blah pure tripe as usual! LOL!
  • Matt M 2013/09/23 05:09:30
    Matt  M
    +6
    You rambling is not worth much of my time. So I'll just stop at the first sentence for an answer.

Republicans spent a pile of their money opposing obama because it's campaign politics. Both sides do it.

As far as "obstruction", it's also called opposition. You obamaish arrogance is showing. Do what I want or your an obstructionist. Brilliant.

Here's the funny part. With a small change of numbers underlying the projections, future national debt could be 40 trillion. 60 trillion. more. So yeah, shutting down the government right now in opposition to that unknown but totally realistic possibility is no big deal. Back to the funny part.

The resultant mess is being loaded into the future, one way or another, onto the very generation who has empowered this reckless idiot. Sad, but true.
  • s2k 2013/09/23 04:46:44
    s2k
    +2
    They don't. All of this started wayyy before Obama came along - probably back to Nixon being impeached for doing what every other politician has done. Each successor was vilified by the opposing party with the ante upped each time. The solution is to elect a uniter, not two extremists running against each other. I think Chris Christie or Jon Huntsman would fit the bill. Hillary will divide us even further, probably to the brink of war between the two sides. Don't vote for Hillary
  • AL 2013/09/23 04:41:55
    AL
    +4
    Can you please give ANY PROOF of any Republican saying they hate America then perhaps?
  • jakep51 2013/09/23 04:33:57
    jakep51
    +8
    Why do "progressives" believe so vehemently that the government who can't even manage it's own budget has the financial answer to anything? If we as citizens could just simply raise our debt ceiling when we run out of money as the government does, we wouldn't need anything from the government.
    If anyone thinks that Obamacare will solve anything, by the time you discover you were lied to by your Lordship and Savior Obama, it will be too late to reverse the damage.
    Instead of whining about those mean old nasty Republicans, why not do some real research and see what will happen if Obamacare is left unchecked?
    But no, I really don't expect the "gimmie more, gimme more now!" Left to bust their own fantasy bubble.
  • cheryl 2013/09/23 03:24:15
    cheryl
    .I don,t know why all people have to be labeled either conservative,liberal independent or whatever.Why is that I wonder what you call a person that agrees and disagrees.I don,t think anyone really agrees with every single thing one party or the other says.I don,t believe that all conservatives hate Americans.Some only value certain Americans .I do believe the people that vote conservative "love the rich and powerful otherwise they would not work so hard to keep them happy.Its hard to fathom why .Personally I haven,t seen very many changes in living standards.Every restaurant, movie theater, entertainment center is packed each and every night. The mall is doing the same. We don,t know how the affordable healthcare act is going to go.Alot of rumours of gloom and doom.Change is very hard for people .The old system was not working.So what do you do
  • jeane 2013/09/23 02:41:34
    jeane
    +9
    It is libs who go around apologizing for being Americans - remember? The rest of us are PROUD of being an American.

2014/09/18 01:38:04