Why do people hate Obama so much? I mean, what has he done to deserve this criticism?

Dreamy 2012/04/22 03:18:13
Related Topics: Obama, Criticism
I think people are trying to push him towards quitting...

• RWM 2013/11/18 22:17:56
    Agree
    RWM
    I don't like Obama's Policies. He doesn't act American. Which invites trash into our Country. And you are right. Somebody is twisting his arm to make him look gawdy. They driving that man crazy. He dont look like he had a night sleep in over a week. Abd he's losing weight.
  • trevyn.... RWM 2014/05/01 03:33:06
    trevyn.ohare
    +3
    Trash?? So anyone that's not American is trash to you? I don't particularly like Obama either, but honestly no president is any good, they only care about power and greed. But it's biggots like you who ruins America. America was made on the principal of leaving a country and having free will. You sir are the trash that needs to be taken out of the country. All your people's hate will stop us from becoming a better place. Calling people that aren't in America trash disgusts me.
  • NERFCommando21 2013/06/26 00:34:31
    Disagree
    NERFCommando21
    +2
    Obama is our good president, but his presidency is controversial.
  • thisisthegamesir 2013/06/21 16:09:55
    Agree
    thisisthegamesir
    +2
    Obama is our president, and has fairly won two terms. While you do have the right to freely express your opinions, I will also use that right to say that you shouldn't complain about taxs, "yer guns", or the economy.
    You live in America for Christs sake.
    We're shielded from so much of the worlds woes in Africa, Europe, Asia, and even central and South America. America is a wonderful nation, where there's a job for everyone. Even if it's not the one you want, there is always a job you can do somewhere.
    Asking for someone to lay down their assault rifles, or decrease the amount of ammunition you can buy isn't impeding your 2nd amendment rights. It's protecting its citizens.
    Providing healthcare to those who can't afford it isn't a bad program. I understand that self reliance is a wonderful goal to achieve, but in some situations it's not achievable.
    Gay Marriage? Let them do what they want. They're Americans too, and deserve the right to be happy! It's not like the world will end if they're able to be legally bonded to each other! It won't affect you.
    Obama did well, and isn't a bad president.
    Find something more constructive to complain about.
    Or don't, it's your choice as an American.
  • michael thisist... 2013/06/23 02:05:18 (edited)
    michael
    +1
    I agree with just about all of what you said. I just can't get with the gay marriage thing though and these are the reasons. I won't go to the religious route but will say that it is common sense that a man and a man or woman and a woman should not be together regardless of what the research says. People can dress anything up to be presentable if talented enough but the truth is we all know within ourselves what is really right and wrong when it comes to this subject. I am like you though, they are Americans just like the rest of us and deserve to live out their lives as they see fit, but there is a fine line between living your life the way you want and making your life a mainstream example as to a choice you have to live. Has anyone thought of what the long term affects of teaching the next generation that it is not only ok that you marry the same sex but it is supposed to be this way somehow for a good portion of us. 20 years from now with this idea I believe a majority of our youth will have experimented with this. Not so much because they think they are gay, or because of curiosity for the most part. It will be because it was made to be ok in the eyes of all. It's already being force fed to the boys scouts and other youth organizations. I do not want my children even thin...
    I agree with just about all of what you said. I just can't get with the gay marriage thing though and these are the reasons. I won't go to the religious route but will say that it is common sense that a man and a man or woman and a woman should not be together regardless of what the research says. People can dress anything up to be presentable if talented enough but the truth is we all know within ourselves what is really right and wrong when it comes to this subject. I am like you though, they are Americans just like the rest of us and deserve to live out their lives as they see fit, but there is a fine line between living your life the way you want and making your life a mainstream example as to a choice you have to live. Has anyone thought of what the long term affects of teaching the next generation that it is not only ok that you marry the same sex but it is supposed to be this way somehow for a good portion of us. 20 years from now with this idea I believe a majority of our youth will have experimented with this. Not so much because they think they are gay, or because of curiosity for the most part. It will be because it was made to be ok in the eyes of all. It's already being force fed to the boys scouts and other youth organizations. I do not want my children even thinking about those sort of things until they are fully ready to truly make those type of decisions. if my son came to me and said "dad I am gay" i would not disown him because of this. i would just try and understand why he came to his decision thats all. Young minds developing and being subjected to the ideas that I feel will be confusing and damaging. Please stop comparing gays to blacks latinos and other minorities that stuggle for true human rights. It is an injustice IMO to do so. Being black is not a way of life homosexually is a way of life and a choice regardless of what any expert says. If a person is black he cannot just choose one day that he wants to live as a white or Latino person and force the rest of us to go along with it no matter how convinced he is about it being true. That's the difference between gays rights and real civil rights. If a person that turns a some point and says " you know what I don't want to be gay anymore" at that moment guess what, he or she is no longer gay. Name one other civil rights issue that this applies to?
  • Anthony Rodrigues 2013/06/05 23:04:42 (edited)
    Agree
    Anthony Rodrigues
    +4
    Anybody saying he is destroying our economy is ignorant at best. You have already been proven wrong with the current information provided about our economy. And excuse me.. the economy was already destroyed when Obama took office... You seem to forget.... that Obama INHERITED....the SECOND WORST ECONOMY EVER... And yet you say it's his fault? Do some actaul research please! No constitution has been destroyed.... Why? Becasue he wanted to ban ASSAULT RIFLES? You can keep your guns... Just please turn in your tanks...IDIOTS...
  • Seth leary Anthony... 2013/08/02 19:34:07
    Seth leary
    +4
    It was destroyed but he has made it worst he trying to negotiate with terrorists he tried covering up benghazi guns don't kill people its the person who has the gun in there he sold black hawks and f-16s to the Muslim brotherhood ! In Egypt The only reason he was elected was because he would be the first black president I hope you realize all this
  • michael Seth leary 2013/08/27 23:33:24 (edited)
  • Seth leary michael 2013/08/30 22:45:23
    Seth leary
    You don't have to listen to them to know what he's doing
  • michael Seth leary 2013/09/03 22:45:17
    michael
    +1
    Really, please enlighten me. I warn you though, I am pretty well versed on this subject and can smell bs coming from a mile away. Everyone here that complains about Obama, really have no factual information to support their gripes. So I challenge the most knowledgable of you haters to engage in a debate with me. I will chew you up and spit you out. Please!!!
  • You sir... michael 2013/12/09 21:20:44
    You sir, are an idiot
    Alright, I will play your game. www.usdebtclock.org
    Checkmate. He did may have inherited "the SECOND WORSE ECONOMY EVER", but he made it twice as worse in only half the time.
  • michael You sir... 2013/12/17 23:54:56 (edited)
    michael
    First off before I begin I want to set the tone so you know where I'm coming from. I'm in IT and I have two jobs one remote and one onsite Night 24x7 support for one of them. One, I make salary but comes out to right at $35 per hour and the other I make $50 per hour as a contractor. Gonna go further in giving you enough info so you don't think I'm just yanking your chain. I support an application called Tivoli Storage manager (Please research what administrators make for that job function). It's an application for backup and recovery. I'm doing that to get you to know I have no reason to dislike tax cuts and to support social programs and safety nets because they don't affect me directly. I just haven't forgotten where I came from.

DO you know your history? Do you know what the national debt was before the great depression and what is was after. I'll come back to that in a bit.
    1. 3 million private sector jobs added in last 3 years. Potential for much more if GOP wasn't standing in the way. Why would the GOP block a bill that would give tax breaks to companies that chooses to "Insource" jobs. hmmm..
    That's a word you don't hear much (Insource).
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19...
    Why would they have an issue with job's Bill that would add many jobs and improve our infrastructu...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19...
    Why would they have an issue with job's Bill that would add many jobs and improve our infrastructure (that's seriously falling apart) at same time? hmmmmm..
    http://www.washingtontimes.co...

Sensing a pattern here.

2. 1.5 million middle class jobs save because of bailout. GM's loan paid back to US in full with interest and GM stronger than it's been in decades. Plan to invest 1.3B in US that will add additional 1000 jobs. can only think of one word on that. SUCCESS..
    http://www.reuters.com/articl...

3. Dow at 15000 up from 8000 4 years ago.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...

4. deficit spending growth falling faster than it has in over 60 years.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Now, specifically regarding the deficit, let’s rewind to former President Bush’s final 2009 budget request in October, 2008. Bush generated a $1.2 trillion deficit for President Obama’s first year in office, and Obama tacked on another $200 billion to bring the grand total for the deficit that year to $1.4 trillion.
    But since then, deficit spending has dropped precipitously. Why? Chiefly because President Obama signed the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act in February, 2010, which mandates that new spending be offset with spending cuts or new revenue. Yes, a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress passed this legislation. Guess how many congressional Republicans voted for the law. Zero. Not one.
    Consequently, the president is responsible for the lowest government spending growth in 60 years
    could keep going but you get the point and I have other points to make.

While it’s true that, in a general sense, the debt, $16 trillion, is higher than ever before, but it has less to do with President Obama, and more to do with the previous administration’s tab for careless spending on two wars which it refused to offset by rolling back its ridiculously large tax cuts for the super-rich. Couple those losses with the globally massive economic depression from which we’ve only recently extricated ourselves. Yes, critics of the administration are correct when they say the debt is on track to double. However, it’s not due to the administration’s actions, but rather the policies of the previous administration.
    Historically speaking, Ronald Reagan presided over a 188 percent increase in the debt. Bush 41 presided over a 55.6 percent increase, and Bush 43 presided over an 89 percent increase. At the same time, the year-over-year increase in the debt under President Obama has dropped from 15 percent to four percent.

Now back to the history thing. The stock market crashed in 1929. Our national debt was 16 billion dollar. Pearl Harbor ended the great depression and our national debt had grown to 49 billion dollar. That's almost tripple 3x. This is all relative and my point is when an engine is broken you have to invest in getting it working again. The engine was going bad between 2000-2008 but the head gasket blow in 2008. Now you have to take to shop get an estimate of what it takes to fix buy parts and pay for labor (ain't that about a B! (H). So let me ask you something. Imagine if you could somehow continue to drive that car.
    Would you:
    A. Continue to drive it and hope it doesn't get worse
    B. Repair the damaged engine and leave it at that. You probably will have to borrow for this.
    or
    C. Repair the damaged engine and see what other issue you may have upcoming and do maintenance on those issues as well. You probably will have to borrow for this.
    I like C. Yeah it'll cost you a pretty penny, but you'll have stability in the end.
    Please tell me how with our current economic structure will the Debt ever stop growing? That's bigger than any president.
    http://useconomy.about.com/od...

The GOP is being controlled by banks, corporations, and the rich in general. I know you have your everyday republican citizen like me which I'm an Independent that believes in fairness, believes in our country being responsible and generally cares for the well being of there fellow Americans but right now if you are voting republican you are voting against yourself unless you're rich. How can you purposefully aim to reduce domestic employer resources and at same time be against supporting unemployment?
    How can you not want to increase the minimum wage but look down on those who work and get food stamps to supplement their income because the national hourly wage with TWO jobs isn't even not enough to sustain a family?
    How can you not want the rich to pay their fair share but not understand why we can't pay our bills as a country.
    You can make a the rich families pay taxes at our HISTORICAL (remember the rich all the way up until Reagan administration paid much more in taxes than they do now 50% vs 28% with the intent that the rich would pour those extra resources into the economy and in to employment grown. Trusting that they "being patriots" would make others rich or well off Instead they just pocketed the extra change) rate or you can cut social safety net and people die behind it.
    Rich people kill me with this self made crap. The benefits of living in a great country like ours afforded you the unique opportunity to get where you are. Most rich people at some time in their life were on the system in some sort of way or they took advantage of some government sponsored program to get their business started and then they turn around and say "F" you little people. The wealthy is now at a record rate of incomes. About 400 people in the US makes 52% of personal income coming into house holds. Like Reaganomics Now? because those numbers are the outcome if it. You should just cringe on seeing and knowing that.
    Oh the bottom 60% owns about 2.3% of the national household income
    You want to hate Obama that's cool. You want to blame the problems we have currently on him that's cool to but don't try to attach facts to it.
    Wake up my fellow American Left and Right. The rich is in a different category and their end goal is royalty and servants.
  • Anthony... You sir... 2014/02/19 14:11:14
    Anthony Rodrigues
    You do realize the economy doesn't just magically turn around when a New PRes. gets into office. The economy is better and there are more jobs available
  • Anthony... You sir... 2014/07/23 15:50:35
    Anthony Rodrigues
    Checkmate! Look at our economy today and the numbers! Obama wins!
  • Tom Burke Seth leary 2013/10/19 00:10:59
  • Jonatha... Seth leary 2014/01/02 20:18:54
    Jonathan Munoz
    First off what happened in benghazi was irresponsible management. Secondly those F-16's you're talking about were not delivered to the freedom and Justice party government. Yes they are an islamists political paryy and they do have connections to the muslim brotherhood but they are not the muslim brotherhood. Thirdly he did not negotiate with the terrorists that attacked an oil field in africa and took Americans hostage. Obama specifically "said that the United States of America will not negotiate with terrorists." Get your facts straight before attacking the rightfully elected president.
  • Anthony... Seth leary 2014/02/19 14:06:51
    Anthony Rodrigues
    It's already been proven that there was no cover up in Benghazi. Guns do kill people when in the wrong hands just look at the current news.. your arguments are flawed.
  • Anthony... Seth leary 2014/07/23 15:49:05
    Anthony Rodrigues
    You are a tool... he did not cover up Benghazi and that was already proven..... I hope you realize all this...... And he was elected because he was by FAR the BETTER choice.
  • Anony 2013/06/02 14:33:10
    Disagree
    Anony
    +1
    For all the people who agree.... Please tell me what actions of Obama has made you think of him as a great president. I've always seen more ways to hate him.. I'm kind of lost.
  • michael Anony 2013/06/13 06:31:32
    michael
    +1
    Sorry I take my rave back. Was accident. He made the decision in contrast to what the republicans wanted and bailed out the auto industry. Economist all say just that move stopped the bleeding and started the turnaround of our economy. There's the bin laden things too I think. Where we looked for him for 7 years under the other guy but found him I believe before the second year mark in Obama's presidency. We have a lot of happy veterans back at home from a war that they had no clue why they were involved in. Oh now women can get equal payment for equal work. He doubled the Dow from 7000 to 14000+. I can go on because there is a lot more I can mention but this is enough for now. Isn't it weird that the economy slows under the republican president Bush 1, Bush 2 but the economy flourishes under the democratic presidents Clinton and Obama? But the right always want to say they are the party of action, responsibility, and growth. Hmmm
  • You sir... michael 2013/12/09 21:25:23
  • Jaeksun12 Anony 2013/07/18 07:41:58
    Jaeksun12
    +3
    What made George Bush so great? Just because he's not Lincolin dosn't mean he isn't good at his job.
  • Paul 2013/05/30 22:35:51 (edited)
    Agree
    Paul
    +1
    I think Obama is mediocre president due to his controversial presidency and here's why:
    -He made the economy worse
    -He betrayed the Constitution
  • running... Paul 2013/06/03 07:43:09
    runningback
    +3
    i think the gun ban was a good idea u want more people to get killed everyday by a gun to lower freaks who kill kids and innocent people.
  • Paul running... 2013/06/26 23:37:36 (edited)
    Paul
    In reality, Obama's national gun ban failed, but however, Congress passed an international gun ban that prohibits the trade of guns.
  • You sir... running... 2013/08/01 09:01:46
    You sir, are an idiot
    +3
    It is literally impossible to take away every single gun. The prohibition never worked, because people smuggled in alcohol. And also, SINCE WHEN DO CRIMINALS FOLLOW LAWS? They are the ones killing the innocent, and making a gun ban will just prevent future victims from defending themselves.
  • Anthony... Paul 2013/06/05 23:09:22
    Anthony Rodrigues
    +1
    And who were those people hanging out with? Known Terrorists? Hmmm... I say wrong place, wrong time... NICE TRY THOUGH.....
    And by wanting a REPUBLICAN president your basically wanting to go BACKWARDS and create yet ANOTHER BAD ECONOMY that Bush left behind. You do realize that Obama inherited the SECOND WORSE ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF THE US right? Are you sure you remember that?
  • Paul Anthony... 2013/06/26 23:31:57
    Paul
    Republicans stabilize the economy while Democrats makes economic changes, and I learned that from my U.S. history class.
  • juan.b.... Paul 2013/06/07 05:03:55
    juan.b.sigcha
    Wow the typical hillbilly rep, "ge destroys the constitution because ge wants to take guns away" come on get real, the whole gun thing us stupid snd anyone can buy them, even people with problems
  • michael Paul 2013/06/13 06:15:04
    michael
    First of all please check your info before you post because if you don't, you make yourself look pretty bad. Bush's administration introduced the drone program. Please confirm for yourself. Type in google search window something like this "creation of drone program" or something like that. Secondly if he wants to take away the second amendment then 80% of the country does as well. But the 80% understand that that is not what he and a good portion of our politians want to do. They want to get military style weapons off out streets. They want to put all guns in a registry so that if a crime is committed with it they can track it down and arrest the criminal quicker and easier. They want to keep guns out of the hands of people that are proven to be people the will hurt someone like you and I or maybe even your kids. Your feelings for him stems on one simple thing. You hate him because you cannot relate to him. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and sadly you are not even untouched with yourself enough to identify this but I don't mind helping you with this.
  • gfro1 michael 2013/07/19 23:21:38
    gfro1
    +2
    Check you're facts. Millitary style weapons are already Illegal unless you have a specific liscense to own one. The millitary would never have a semi automatic AR-15 they only use fully automatic. So you can't say it's a millitary style weapon. It functions nowhere near the same.
  • michael gfro1 2013/09/17 13:05:08 (edited)
    michael
    I guess I'm outdated because every weapon I used in the USMC as a personnally assigned weapon like my M16 was semi or 3 round bust. Not fully automatic. Now you do have fully automatic weapons but does that mean my M16 wasn't an assault/ military style weapon? No it was. Is a M16 a military style weapon? I would think so. but what do I know, I was just a Marine.
  • thisist... Paul 2013/06/21 15:57:43
    thisisthegamesir
    +1
    He hasn't killed any American citizens, just monitored them.
    He hasn't taken away your right to a gun, but is putting restrictions down to keep high powered and high ammo capacity weapons out of the wrong hands.
    He's never said "I'm going to take your guns", but has made moves to restricting the use of high powered assault rifles, such as those used in the Aurora shootings. Don't get so hyped up, Obama isn't a bad president.
  • Paul thisist... 2013/06/26 23:45:29
    Paul
    Obama's presidency is ok, but his plans were controversial, despite this, all he wanted to do is protect citizens.
  • Seth leary thisist... 2013/08/02 19:49:25
    Seth leary
    +3
    Do you support him lying to Americans about bengahzi? Of course you do
  • steve Paul 2013/07/05 16:40:47
    steve
    +2
    Paul, The POTUS did not make the economy worse, the dow is up, the Unemployment numbers are down, they would be better for both civiians and vets if the Congress would allow for certain jobs bills to pass, but they voted them down, what a shame. And how did he betray the Constitution, the gun laws, weren't changed, and the universal background is for all our protection.
  • Anthony... Paul 2014/07/23 15:52:27
    Anthony Rodrigues
    The economy is better.... and not one thing has been done against our constitution..... Nice try! But you failed at your feeble attempt!
  • seanrothrock 2013/05/05 01:32:38
    Disagree
    seanrothrock
    +2
    President Obama is the very first president that a have greatly respected since my birth. He has done great wonders for America and he continues to do more for us. I am an openly gay person and he provided great support for our freedom to live. I wish he can stay in office for the rest of my life! We need to get a petition going to overthrow the 8-years-in-office rule. He makes us true Americans!!!
  • Zaxbys ... seanrot... 2013/05/12 00:56:40
    Zaxbys connally
    +6
    If Barack obama led the country for more than eight years then that breaks down everything cincinnatus and george washington strived to achieve. Plus, that would make Obama a dictator to some fashion and it would probably lead to rebellion.
  • juan.b.... Zaxbys ... 2013/06/07 05:07:04
    juan.b.sigcha
    Wow, idiot alert idiot alert! Just because of the guns thing he now destroys constitutions, that amendment was passed in a time when america was weak and in danger if being colonized again, we're past those times this is the 21st century and we're not the middle east...

2014/10/21 05:47:26