Why do people hate communists?

MechanicalWalrus 2009/06/23 22:34:36
I don't think communism is realistic, but I don't hate it for that. Many people blatantly loathe communism. It's more realistic than most of christianity, so why?

Why do people hate communists?

• STZ 2009/09/28 05:20:03
    Because...
    STZ
    +1
    Not all Communism is bad their communist peace like anarchy where everyone is the government and everyone treat each other with respect
  • The Gov-Here to help BN362 2009/06/28 21:48:04
    Because communism robs us of individuality.
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    I don't think that is a reason to hate them... I don't think people are communist so much as their government is... personally... I only hate stupidity.
  • Mechani... The Gov... 2009/06/28 21:50:10
    MechanicalWalrus
    +1
    I agree. Stupidity is stupid.

A lot of the posters on this poll so far have fit that bill and are pretty detestable.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2009/06/27 05:23:27
    Because...
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    Communism is how the Antichrist will rule the world!
  • Red Lizzard 2009/06/26 15:27:22
    Because...
    Red Lizzard
    Communism does not support the American Dream of working hard to better yourself.

Communism does not support freedom for all.

Communism destroys freedom of religion.

Communism destroys people. communism support freedom communism destroys freedom religion communism destroys people
  • Pug For Huck 2009/06/25 19:02:16 (edited)
    Because...
    Pug For Huck
    Communism is evil. It strips individual and spiritual freedoms to ensure the slavery of the working class to further the goals of the Communist regime. It's not government for the people, it's people for the government.

When the communists took power in Russia, they did it by concincing the populace the Czars were ruling by violence and stole from the "people". The Russian communists proved to be no better. Look at the Chinese communists. They rule by violence and tyranny. They were no better than the dictiatorships they sought to overthrow.

Communism silenced, suppressed, oppressed, and pursectued Christians and their beliefs. Don't compare the two.
  • Hammer 2009/06/25 18:54:16
    Because...
    Hammer
    What's not to hate? There isn't enough room in cyberspace to put all the reasons.
  • Not-A-RINO 2009/06/25 17:26:01
    Because...
    Not-A-RINO
    +1
    Communism is nothing but socialism perfected according to the Soviet Union's constitution. In fact, if you read the former Soviet Union's constitution, it appears to be more free than America's. Because it denies the human spirit and exalts the State, it is a failure. There is no incentive to improve anything, no incentive to work harder and no incentive for excellence. It is the antithesis of what a free American is.

To those who may think communism is not all that bad or may be a preferred system, I ask you if you think the Berlin Wall was constructed to keep you out?

harder incentive excellence antithesis free american communism berlin wall constructed
  • Warfinge 2009/06/25 12:47:18
    Because...
    Warfinge
    +1
    Communism never lives up to it's promise to the people. Usually hungry, disinfranchised people adopt the ideal because it sounds wonderful. Sadly it is too good to be true.

promise people hungry disinfranchised people adopt ideal sounds sadly true
  • AGAINST OBAMA-MARY 2009/06/25 06:07:20
    Because...
    AGAINST OBAMA-MARY
    I have no idea of how old you are, but don't you ever read history books? World War II ring a bell? 6.4 million Jews were killed and over 4 million non-Jews! How does that grab you for communism? Still not sure about it? I highly suggest you rent the movie BAND OF BROTHERS and watch it. If you have any compassion what so ever in your heart, then this movie will tear your heart apart and at the same time show you what communism is all about. I suggest keeping the kleenix box handy.
    Photobucket
  • Mechani... AGAINST... 2009/06/25 15:23:09
    MechanicalWalrus
    First off I didn't say I was pro-communism.

Second, you're wrong. The holocaust was run by Nazi Germany; a fascist state. The Soviets killed enough people, but they didn't target Jews, and those numbers you have are holocaust numbers.

Come up with a real answer and then you can have some credibility.
  • AGAINST... Mechani... 2009/06/25 16:48:35
    AGAINST OBAMA-MARY
    Those are not holocaust numbers. Watch the movie and get a heart and some patriotic views.. or you can freely move to a communistic country under dictactorship now. You might be happy there.
  • Mechani... AGAINST... 2009/06/25 17:31:01
    MechanicalWalrus
    I might have been wrong, but I don't think so. Could you give me the breakdown of where those numbers are from?

If I was wrong then I apologize.

I was born in Fontainebleau, spent four years in Singapore, another three in Cheltenham, and then the rest of my life so far in various parts of the United States. So where exactly should I direct my patriotism?

And I don't think I'd be too happy under a communist regime.
  • RhinoRT 2009/06/25 04:53:55
    RhinoRT
    +2
    Why would I as a free man not hate anything that would threaten to rob me of my freedom to live like "I" want to live
  • ♐☆ ♥ Deni ♥☆♐ 2009/06/25 03:39:30 (edited)
    ♐☆ ♥ Deni ♥☆♐
    +3
    communism robs individuality

these are the people who insisted on keeping their own identity

communism robs individuality people insisted identity

Edit to add: It's selfish and promotes only 1 person who becomes elite, while the rest of the country starves and have to beg for everything from warm clothes to soup!
    1 person elite rest country starves beg warm clothes soup
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2009/06/25 03:22:17
    Because communism is unrealistc (I'm a christian watch me rationalize).
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    Because communism to sadistic and evil. Are you for real?
  • Mechani... Gracie ... 2009/06/25 15:25:32
    MechanicalWalrus
    I'm not quite sure, but I get this weird feeling I am..

It's a fair question. Communism in it's purest form is not sadistic or evil, so I wanted to find out the reasoning behind people's hatred of it.
  • Gracie ... Mechani... 2009/06/25 15:56:15 (edited)
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    OK, I'll make it real simple then. If you are part of a communism government you are not free. Do you value your freedom at all? If not you could always go to Cuba, it's pretty there but not so economically advantaged.
  • Mechani... Gracie ... 2009/06/25 17:32:42
    MechanicalWalrus
    I'm not pro-communism.

I just want to know why people hate it. Different people do for different reasons.

And by the way, I didn't need you to make it simple. Just less vague. Sadistic and evil are adjectives. They don't tell me why you think that.
  • Gracie ... Mechani... 2009/06/25 21:28:20
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Good to know. I can't really imagine anyone being pro-communist. It's like pro-human oppression.
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2009/06/24 08:03:07
    Because...
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    I'm old enough to have lived through a bit of the extreme anti-Communist era (but not the worst of it), and I'm not sure of why it was SO loathed, even going back into the 30's or 20's. I'd speculate that it's authoritarianism is part of it, plus its pointedly anti-religion stance. That does not fully explain the intense anticommunism felt by many, including me, to this day. Communism IS unrealistic, but that does not rationalize the hate fully.

If I were to guess, I'd say it was mostly due to the religiously divinely-inspired (and mostly Christian) folks feeling very threatened by a philosophy that was pointedly anti-religion.

I suspect that that attitude of the Communists deeply offended them. I think Communism is a hugely wrong idea, but I am not deeply offended by it.
  • Mechani... Spizzzo... 2009/06/24 17:21:49
    MechanicalWalrus
    +1
    Good answer. I never really thought about it that way. I guess it never came to me because I'm an atheist, but I can see how the anti-religious stance of communism can be threatening to anybody who follows a religious order. It's interesting to see someone who's lived through the era reply; gives us a whole different take on things.
  • Spizzzo... Mechani... 2009/06/24 23:45:17
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    It's a guess, but one I've given much thought. I'm not sure it covers the level of blind hatred of Communism seen then and even now, though the openly internationalist and USSR-centered control would also have upset many with nationalist/patriotic feelings.
  • truthzx95 Spizzzo... 2013/05/03 22:49:24
    truthzx95
    How 'bout communism is responsible for ver 100 million deaths world wide, and the democrat party has been infiltrated by communists and they are running it. That's why all SANE people hate communism. Communist tool boxes like you just don't get it.
  • truthzx95 Spizzzo... 2013/05/03 22:46:50
    truthzx95
    Get off it spazz, you're a full fledged communist moron from a long way back.
  • hermes23 2009/06/24 05:15:00
    Because...
    hermes23
    +25

I hate it because I am a human being.
  • GK - Pr... hermes23 2009/06/25 03:17:32
    GK - Proud Right Wing Extremist since 2009
    +10
    Nicely done. I hope the person who wrote the poll gets it now. That's way I hate communism. My family and my wife's family had to escape just to save their lives. Any other questions? Thanks for pointing me to this.
  • Pug For... hermes23 2009/06/25 19:02:43
    Pug For Huck
    +3
    Worth a thousand words
  • tracie ... hermes23 2009/07/03 06:41:38
  • Scars Remain (aka Vicki) 2009/06/24 03:30:08
    Because...
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +1
    The way they run their country is brutal. According to Richard Wurmbrand who was sent to prison for 14 years for preaching the gospel in Romania during communism in Soviet countries and holding an underground church, they even sent their own guards to prison. There was so much distrust within ranks they would torture and murder their own... if there were any suspicions they were not loyal to their cause.
    China is the same way. You must think, act and be exactly what they want you to be; there is no freedom to freely think or act the way you believe.

• hook 2009/06/24 01:01:01
    hook
    +4
    they suck just like obama.
  • sweetpepper 2009/06/23 23:05:23
    Because...
    sweetpepper
    +6
    You are freaking nuts! Communism is contrary to freedom! Do you want someone to dictate how you should live? How your children should live? Control every aspect of your life?

If you want to be someones pet then I guess communism is for you....
  • Mechani... sweetpe... 2009/06/23 23:20:59
    MechanicalWalrus
    [...] I was curious as to why various individuals hate it.

I don't think it could ever work and I said that in the description. I don't hate the ideals of it because they don't mean anyone harm, in fact in a utopia it would be the chosen system of government, but that sort of perfection does not exist.

I could never live in a communist society without dissenting. I wanted to discover opinions, and try and understand the reasoning behind those opinions. Your's could be reasonable without the intro and the childish insults.
  • sweetpe... Mechani... 2009/06/24 01:15:18
    sweetpepper
    +3
    Anyone who thinks that communism in any way shape or form would be a eutopia, or an idealistic society is a nut, in my opinion.

[...]
  • Mechani... sweetpe... 2009/06/24 01:30:42
    MechanicalWalrus
    Have you read the manifesto?

Have you thought about the ideals?

It robs us of individuality but gives everyone sustenance. It trades opportunity for equality. It can't work because of greed and ambition (both things I support), and so I don't support it, but if I could be more (or maybe less) than human I would.

A utopia is an ideal society; a society that cannot exist unless it already does.
    There is no communist utopia, and therefore there never can be.

Try and think for a second before you mindlessly follow the mob.
  • sweetpe... Mechani... 2009/06/26 01:09:28
    sweetpepper
    I don't follow any mob! Communism IS mob mentality. A truly free nation of people is a eutopia, I think that government controlling every aspect of a persons life is not a good thing. Unfortunately we are heading in that direction in America. It makes me sad.

PS I guess we will have to resort to WTF from now on!
  • Mechani... sweetpe... 2009/06/25 19:06:14
    MechanicalWalrus
    Sodahead has been censoring our posts sweetpepper.

What. The. Fuck.
  • Lanikai 2009/06/23 22:49:07
    Because...
    +5
    Communism is a proven failure that robs people of freedom, and individual liberties while keeping a ruling class rich and happy.

Oh, and I am a Chrisitan.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/06/23 22:44:10
    Because...
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +6
    I see your analogy has nothing to do with the other. You enjoy the communists? Go live in China, Cuba or Venezuela and enjoy their INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.
  • Mechani... Hula gi... 2009/06/23 22:58:25
    MechanicalWalrus
    Maybe I just don't like senseless hate?

I never said I thought it was a good idea. I just wanted to know your reasons for hating it.

2014/04/16 16:14:37