Why do conservatives think they are smarter than liberals even though liberals are proven to be smarter time and time again?

American☆Atheist 2012/05/03 18:53:44

• Heffeweizen 2012/05/05 09:25:00
    conservatives are smarter even thought science disproves this time and time a...
    Heffeweizen
    +21
    Please don't confuse education with intelligence. Often it takes a degree to break something and a GED to fix it. I have noticed that those who squeal about how dumb conservatives are, have never worked outside of the media, politics or academia. 57 States, right?

• Tasine luvguins 2012/05/05 12:40:41
    Tasine
    Education doesn't have to be "squashed". It's already squashed and that's WHY forcing children to attend certain schools is cruelty and assigning them to terminal stupidity.
  • luvguins Tasine 2012/05/05 14:05:12
    luvguins
    A motivated kid can succeed in most any setting. Motivation comes from the parents interested in their kids accomplishments.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/05/04 05:17:28
    they hate facts
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    I have to admit that I have learned that in general the red states are the biggest suckers of government funds (as a group) and that the red states have lower graduation rates.
    I can only infer from this that republican states (in general) vote against their own best interests.
  • MorbidCynic 2012/05/04 04:34:48 (edited)
    they just think its "liberal" so it's wrong
    MorbidCynic
    +8
    Liberals don't have any proof they're smarter, they just claim to be and expect everyone to blindly believe them without question.
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/05/04 02:49:50 (edited)
    they hate facts
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    They are SO brainwashed.

Only certain kinds of people are susceptible to the GOP mantra of fear-mongering and false information. One can conclude its people who aren't that smart.
  • Dave Wilde~M... 2012/05/05 03:58:30
    Dave
    +1
    These people are considered Regressives.
  • Dagon Dave 2012/05/05 11:02:24
  • Dave Dagon 2012/05/06 18:57:03
    Dave
    +1
    And Romney will finish what W started and what Reagan started and what Clinton did too. Capitalism will prevail and destroy itself.
  • Dagon Dave 2012/05/06 21:04:16
  • Dave Dagon 2012/05/08 05:28:28
    Dave
    +1
    Capitalism will destroy this country too. Un-regulated capitalism breeds greed and it's own self-destruction. You do realize in 1929 & 2008 that we had Corporate Socialism. We have learned that time after time - capitalism can't survive on it's own. It's parasitic.

What you see in the rest of the world (of course, not in our media) is something called Democratic Socialism taking place. I know -- it's scary, but you'll get used to it and realize that it's a lot better for the world.

Romney is a corporatist unless you are in teh top wealth bracket - I'd advise you not to vote for him. Obama -- I'm still not sure about and that doesn't mean my option is Ron Paul.
  • Dagon Dave 2012/05/08 05:54:17
  • Dave Dagon 2012/05/30 04:38:27
    Dave
    +2
    Dagon - You seem to be someone who is thinking and you can always develop knowledge on a subject, so you are in better shape than most people. I don't find Obama or Mittens to be the presidents that can get us through what will be happening in the next year or two.

The problem now is both parties have given up on the USA and all they are doing is pushing more wealth to the upper 5% because they truly believe the middle class is the problem.
  • Dagon Dave 2012/05/30 05:52:18
  • Dave Dagon 2012/06/19 05:25:01
    Dave
    +2
    I can't argue with that. I agree.
  • Shadow13 2012/05/04 00:57:10
    all of the above
    Shadow13
    +3
    Most importantly they are idiots that just can't accept reality. Conservatives have never had a good grasp on reality.
  • Hopscotch 2012/05/04 00:52:54
    they are arrogant
    Hopscotch
    +3
    Bible says: "Be kind to dumb animals".........(I was just funn'n)
    bible dumb animals funnn
  • Raymond Allamby 2012/05/04 00:31:14
    all of the above
    Raymond Allamby
    +3
    because faux tells them they're smart, and they believe it.
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/05/04 00:30:27
    all of the above
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +3
    nobody wants to be told they are STUPID over and over again.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/05/04 00:28:25
    they hate facts
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +4
    They ignore,bend and always twist the facts.
    they hate facts
    +8
    It is a wonder they remember how to reproduce, with all their hatred for sex and all.
  • Shadow13 sjalan 2012/05/04 00:58:36
    Shadow13
    +3
    Unless it is with a family member, animal, or unwilling vict...participant.
  • sjalan Shadow13 2012/05/04 05:22:53
    +3
    :) LOL I really didn't want to go there but since you did, The toe tappers and the Oh never mind it isn't worth it.
  • Lefty 2012/05/03 22:46:05
    Lefty
    +5
    Oh well, they may be smarter than a 5th grader, or then again, probably not. Have you ever listened to one tell lies? Watch Fox news, you'll understand.
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/05/03 22:03:11 (edited)
    all of the above
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    LMAOff! Where is the Logic here? Oh and Logic is a key ingredient in intelligence.

Ok....so Liberals complain that the Conservatives have all the wealth. Right? They go on and on about this everyday! A few days ago....Liberals all over the planet took to the streets to demand more of the Conservatives wealth! Lol.....they got Bupkiss!

So....if the Conservatives are SO dumb how did they get all this wealth the Socialist Liberals want?

Please show me the Sheer Logic & "Science" in that?

Not sure about "Science Daily" but Huffington is run buy a Millionaire Liberal Moron that feels she's above laws set by the FAA when on an Aircraft which all of us of any persuasion use! Yeah shes a real smart!

CNN is a viable source for such a study? LMAOff again!
  • Wilde~M... littleb... 2012/05/04 02:30:24
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +6
    LMAO... I'm going to keep from being rude although you've walked RIGHT into the title of this post.

Hate to ruin your fantasy but not all wealthy people are conservatives.
    Liberals didn't take to the streets because they want the conservatives wealth.
    Let me help you out here...
    I'm guessing you mean the Occupy movement when you say liberals took to the streets?
    Middle class Americans, liberal, republicans, independent etc 'took to the streets' because corporations have ripped off the American people. Here's just one example...
    How do you explain a company taking from workers pension funds for bonuses for the CEO's etc? Do you think that's okay??
  • littleb... Wilde~M... 2012/05/04 04:21:18
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    I saw your "trap" a mile off"! Protesting on the streets no matter who you are is silly! I missed as my Cuban Che Guevara T-shirt was in the laundry!

Of course there are it's really easy to be a Millionaire Socialist! If they are so "Intelligent" why is it they never seem to see that little box they can check to pay more income tax?

The way to effect change is not protesting on the streets it's done in the voting booth!

You're assertion is the corporations have ripped everyone off? Funny, my stock portfolio looks fine! Face it the Lemmings will always be a source of fodder for somebody!
  • Wilde~M... littleb... 2012/05/04 04:44:55
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +5
    Delusions getting to you? I asked you a question so whatever trap you think you saw is entirely in your head.
    Now, did you avoid the question because you didn't want to lie outright? I didn't ask you about your portfolio. I asked if you thought it was okay for CEO's etc to take employee's pensions to pay out bonuses???
    Why are you complaining about the Occupy movement? As an American you should understand its their 1st Amendment Right and at the least you should respect that...

"The United States constitution explicitly provides for 'the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances'"
  • littleb... Wilde~M... 2012/05/04 04:54:14
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    You're poll question does not ask about politics either! Your question says one group is according to you and your data more intelligent!~ Guess what....you posted NO real worthwhile data to support that!

Maybe you should have another poll question where your Progressive LMAOff.....Transparent attempt at Bushwhacking actually works!

I have witnessed intelligent conservatives insure that a CEO be headed off at the pass from doing so! You have to want to!

It isn't an "American Movement"!
  • Wilde~M... littleb... 2012/05/04 05:20:47
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    YOUR COMMENT ~~~>You're poll question does not ask about politics either! Your question says one group is according to you and your data more intelligent!~ Guess what....you posted NO real worthwhile data to support that! <~~

The more you go on prove the point of the post...

First off genius, this is not MY poll question.
    If you take a gander at the top of the post you'll see it was posted by American☆Atheist☆POTC☆NOrepub...
    That is NOT me...
    I asked you a question during my comment to you (can't believe I have to explain this)!
    A question you still haven't answered. I asked what YOU thought about CEOs stealing pensions of their employees to pay out bonuses.
    Your inability to answer the question tells me all I need to know...

So you go on name calling and complaining about Americans who demonstrate their constitutional right because you don't agree with them and you can continue avoiding questions you don't want to answer.
    God forbid you have an original thought that goes against the status quo of far right ridiculousness...
    Don't let me pee in your Cheerios Einstein...
  • littleb... Wilde~M... 2012/05/04 08:43:50
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    I answered your question....and as I stated intelligent employees have taken legal action an won cases against such doings! You so busy trying to make your point you missed where I stated I am against it but expect it as did those I used as an example! Something that is also available to every American a court of Civil Law!

Ah....well I believe subtle "name calling" started with the obvious sarcasm in "I'm going to try not to be rude" and the rest as a transparent insult of ones intelligence!

You'll need to piss further up the rope sister!
  • sinners... littleb... 2012/05/04 16:44:26
    sinnersaint
    +4
    I'm fairly certain the ENRON peeps didn't get any return of their pensions, nor Worldcom, nor for that matter did Madoff's victims, taking a corporation or heads of corporations to court would be so costly that it would prohibitive for most, and then what? if they win there is nothing left anyway to pay the judgments. Wrong is wrong I think we can all agree on that. CEOs should not make millions of dollars off the backs of their employees, they can make a couple of million and be happy can't they?
  • littleb... sinners... 2012/05/04 20:24:27
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    1st off over 90% of Bernie Madoffs "Victims" were the 1%s you seem to despise!

What did the Employees of the Failed Solar Company the President had the government invest money in?

How much money has Oprah made off the backs of her employees? Oh and when her network fails and it IS failing will they get?

I'm all for CEOs being paid for good performance and that'[s not always the case! But you're saying a few million is the reward for say Bill Gates or Steven Jobs?

You realize that at a certain point their money and creation has made 1000s of Millionaires? The day Microsoft went public many more than 1000 of it's employees who made a decent wage (far from top in the industry) decent health care, clean workplace became Millionaires? Many have since invested in small business, new homes and shop regularly all over the greater Seattle area. That has provided JOBs for 10s of Thousands!

You are aware that before leaving office the Clintons were worth about $10 mil.? Now they are worth over 70 mil!

Anderson Cooper makes over $3 million a year. Who does he employ beyond his agent?
  • sinners... littleb... 2012/05/04 20:35:24
    sinnersaint
    +1
    There were more than 1% in Madoff's scheme but I am not going to debate you on that point. I simplified the point because this is SH but your defense of corporations, actually making their case for them against 99% of your neighbors is mind boggling to me. I'm all for making money but not by robbing your employees we are talking about gross fraud and greed in levels that have not been seen in decades since Gustav Swift allowed his employees to live in hovels or employees shot at the mine in CO. I never once mentioned regular corporations that take care of business and treat their employees well, i.e. Apple, Microsoft and well I don't know about Oprah (all of whom have been associated with liberals btw) and people with vision should make money from their contributions to society, I used examples like ENRON covering up the use of their employees pensions.
  • littleb... sinners... 2012/05/04 21:02:33
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    And I clearly have said examples such as Enron are wrong! The part you are missing is.....were the employees not seeing what thay should have?

Lol...and stop the grandstanding.... NO-one is working for any of those corporations living like Mid-Victorian Dickens characters. I'm very sure managers training employees are not beating them when they fall behind!
  • sinners... littleb... 2012/05/04 21:08:10
    sinnersaint
    +1
    how should the employees of ENRON known? That was what the whistleblower exposed.

It's not grandstanding to point out the very real fact that those two incomes have not increased even close to proportional and that is what I used to compare Swift to today not to point out workplace danger.
  • littleb... sinners... 2012/05/04 21:45:27
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Look....what happened at Enron was wrong! But you makes it sounds like this is the norm and it's clearly not! I also have given you examples of employees who made sure they new the score and reacted positively and got management to comply!

Really? Not so....the wealth as % of Carnegie, Morgan.....etc. was right inline with that of todays employees!

Look...you're firing after the bell! I have explained my position and in some ways agree with you! I think being aware of your surroundings and pre-emptive helps a whole lot and as said before we have a Civil Court System! Acting like fools in front of the LAX Terminal so that those maybe not the greedy group get delayed while trying fly to do good commerce that employes people is silly!
  • Dave littleb... 2012/05/05 04:24:39
    Dave
    +2
    Right and until regulations are put back in place corporations and the Uber-wealthy will suck the wealth out of the USA.
  • littleb... Dave 2012/05/05 05:43:11 (edited)
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    The regulations have always been there. Your government is not enforcing them!

This is the some government that has robbed everyones retirement enhancer called Social Security! They Democratic Administration under Lyndon Johnsons did this so the books would better hide the real cost of the Vietnam War!
  • Dave littleb... 2012/05/06 18:58:46
    Dave
    Afraid not - since Reagan every president since has worked on dismantle what FDR put in place.
  • littleb... Dave 2012/05/07 04:41:16
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Good....I didn't need FDRs Socialist Programs!

It is a documented FACT that Lyndon Johnson a Demcrat had Social Securties assets placed on the governments general ledger to make the books look better as he was hiding the true cost of the war. No-one disputes this except you!

You have Clinton on that list "After" and that would allso include Barack Obama?

2014/07/25 09:02:51