Why do conservatives think that the KKK, and other right-wing hate groups are liberal?

American☆Atheist 2012/11/21 02:12:09
IT'S A LIE, THEY ARE LIBS
I hear stuff like "they were democrat" and then support the confederacy and what they did. They seem to confuse democrats today with dems 100 years ago.

confederate flag confederate flag tea baggers

• Anon Omous 2014/04/20 22:23:22
    here is why
    Anon Omous
    +2
    Because what you call "right-wing hate groups" are actually "left wing hate groups". The confusion comes in by the flawed teaching of the old left/right scale, where communism is put on the far left and fascism is put on the far right. This was based on where political groups were seated in European parliament, and not based on power/control over the people, which is the accurate scale.

The proper scale is total tyranny/control is far left, and total freedom/anarchy is far right. The more control over the people that a government, person, or group of people has over the people, the farther left on the scale. The more freedom and lack of control a government or group has over the people, the farther right on the scale. Using this proper scale, communism and fascism are BOTH far left groups because they are both police states.

So, while the KKK is not actually made up of "liberals", because it calls for tyranny over certain people, it is a far left-wing group! And because today's conservatives believe in liberty and our founding principles of "all men are created equal", the KKK does not apply to them - regardless of how "American" or nationalistic the KKK may try to sound.
  • Kara ~~~ American Patriot 2013/12/24 08:26:49
    here is why
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    Because they are LIberal. Just stating the truth...
  • Chris 2013/02/07 23:44:44
    here is why
    Chris
    I don't know about 100 years ago but most KKK members I've had the misfortune of encountering in the 21st century are always railing against liberals while espousing conservative beliefs. I'd say they're pretty conservative. It's ironic that many Republicans would bring up the fact that the KKK USED TO BE Democrat. Most Republicans are old fashioned and still living in the past. LOL. Try talking to a KKK member in the 21st century and see if anything has changed or not. LOL.
  • Anon Omous Chris 2014/04/20 22:26:37
    Anon Omous
    +1
    Clearly you do not understand the beliefs of today's conservatives.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/12/29 03:11:12
    here is why
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +2
    Because indeed the KKK is democrat and always has been. Its liberals that are always trying to rewrite history. Just like the Civil Rights movement led by the Republican party. Thats one democrats have tried hijacking for many years now.
  • America... Annie~P... 2012/12/30 02:29:15
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Did i say republican or conservative?
  • Annie~P... America... 2013/02/22 05:09:20
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    LMBO, You may wish to re read your own question!
  • America... Annie~P... 2013/02/22 06:34:22
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Yes and?
  • bitn Annie~P... 2013/04/27 02:36:33 (edited)
    bitn
    +1
    The KKK were Democrats. Southern white supremacy operated out of the Democratic Party beginning in the nineteenth century, but the party began attracting northern liberals, including African-Americans, into an ideologically cumbersome coalition. Over time the liberals prevailed, forcing the Democratic Party to support civil rights, and driving conservative (and especially southern) whites out, where they realigned with the Republican Party.Again why would the KKK who lynch and murder black people want to champion their Civil rights? Think about it.

Go to your library and read about the Civil rights movement.
  • Jackie 2012/11/30 19:08:03
    here is why
    Jackie
    +2
    This is a ridiculous question. And democrats today are as racist as before. Senator Byrd lived in the democrat party for the last 50 years. Always forgiven for his outburst of Ni--er on occasion.
    KKK is a democrat organization. It shared the stage of the first democrat election. They attacked and hung Republicans and blacks (who at that time were nearly all Republicans).
    They threatened and forced blacks to vote democrat. Back before they took the vote away from blacks and women. Yes in early days women and blacks had the vote.

Now they scare blacks with a rhetoric of lies and propaganda. And they keep them dependent on the government to insure their loyalty to the very embodiment of black hatred. Johnson was quoted with saying so. When he assured the policy of handouts to keep the blacks voting democrat for the next 200 years. Continuing the plantation system of their preference.

Muslims use the same tactics to enroll blacks in their so-called "Religion". Telling them it is the black Religion. When in truth, the Muslims enslaved blacks for hundreds of years before America ever did. And for many years after America rejected such atrocity. They enslaved blacks and also forced them to fight their wars for them. Which is what they are doing now with merely propaganda. No need ...

Muslims use the same tactics to enroll blacks in their so-called "Religion". Telling them it is the black Religion. When in truth, the Muslims enslaved blacks for hundreds of years before America ever did. And for many years after America rejected such atrocity. They enslaved blacks and also forced them to fight their wars for them. Which is what they are doing now with merely propaganda. No need to threaten their lives. They learned this method from the democrats. The Muslim have a common word for Blacks "abd" and it means slave. They are a means to an end. When they control the world and kill all whomare not them. They will kill the blacks too, whom they extremely hate. When they enslaved them they sterilized the men and killed any baby of the women. They wished to not have their race sullied with the black race. And yet they are able to recruit blacks into their organized hatred anyway. It is very sad.
  • GOP Poison 2012/11/25 14:06:29
    here is why
    GOP Poison
    Thank you for this post.You will notice that in the question the term"conservative" was used and in the answers the term"republican "will be used. Conservative means opposed to change but they will try to tell you that since Lincoln was a republican and the democrats were opposed to change in terms of slavery in the southern states that means conservatives were all for the change that Lincoln and the civil war brought about. Just like the civil rights bill in the 60s.They will always point out that democrats(southern)voted against it. It is like saying that republicans want us to be under the monarchy of England because the republican party was once the whigs who were once the torys who were loyal to the monarchy.Since there are so many of these republican party heroes of the civil rights struggle in America and many of them are still alive maybe you conservatives out there can name just 5 of those civil rights heroes that are alive today and are republicans.
  • Michaelene GOP Poison 2012/11/25 16:07:30
  • Michaelene Michaelene 2012/11/25 17:19:10
    Michaelene
    +2
    I wonder what word in my response would flag this post for profanity?
  • GOP Poison Michaelene 2012/11/25 18:14:36
    GOP Poison
    +1
    There was no profanity in your response to me.Maybe it was in another response on another post.
  • Michaelene GOP Poison 2012/11/25 18:15:37
    Michaelene
    Yet, it activated the profanity filter.
  • GOP Poison Michaelene 2012/11/25 18:13:46
    GOP Poison
    +1
    I do not understand your reply as it would pertain to the subject.
  • Michaelene GOP Poison 2012/11/25 18:22:08
    Michaelene
    +4
    The subject of my reply to your statement is clear to me. If you happened to look at the links I provided you would see just how much change has happened.

The democrat party has changed names several times and now call themselves progressives. The examples I provided are today's democrats and the inclusion of hate groups as leader of our education system.

Most democrats have no idea just how much the party is infiltrated by hate groups, communists, socialists, marxists, black liberation theology, and even admitted proud Maoists. Most of the democrats in my family are shocked by these relevations.
  • GOP Poison Michaelene 2012/11/25 18:35:42
    GOP Poison
    Actually as one that was arrested,beat up and hospitalised during the civil rights struggle and one who remembers first hand when want ads in the paper would have"no negroes or women need apply" I hate it when republicans bring up the fact that the KKK was started by the democrats. It was started by ex confederate soldiers who were democrat because Lincoln was a republican. All I ask was that they use conservative or liberal and not republican or democrat when reffering to this period in history.And we ALL know that the southern democrats that fought the civil rights movement became republicans in opposition to Kennedy.So all I asked was for them to give me some examples of their conservative heroes of the civil rights movement and there are none.Martin Luther King was a republican.He was hardly a conservative.Same goes for Andrew Young,John Lewis and max coburn. People that try to twist this period of history are no better than holocaust deniers.
  • Michaelene GOP Poison 2012/11/25 18:55:17
    Michaelene
    +5
    I wish I could say I would have been right there alongside you, but I was not alive during those days. My family has been discriminated against for marrying and raising multi ethnic families. We've lost land and voting rights as well, I am Malungeon.

I've been called both a liberal and a conservative by SH members.

I am neither 100%. It bothers me when I'm labeled as one or the other.
    As an accountant I can't help but be conservative regarding our nations financial fiasco, mystery math abounds and no budgets for almost 4 years while issuing blank checks for some programs that are like buckets with holes.

As a former community organizer, teacher, and Mother to many more children than I bore, I've supported programs for the neglected in our society. I don't believe that our military, Medicare and SS are entitlements or leaches but I have seen more than a few leeches who are always out to scam their way to get what others have.

Just face it, conservative or liberal no longer means what it meant 100 years ago. It's just semantics. I'd rather be called a "dreamer" because I have the same dream as Reverend Martin Luther King, to be judged by the content of my character not the labels placed upon me or the prominence or absense of regressive traits in my DNA.
  • GOP Poison Michaelene 2012/11/25 23:08:16
    GOP Poison
    +1
    I wish there were more like you on here.
  • Michaelene GOP Poison 2012/11/25 23:25:37
    Michaelene
    +1
    There are, some of refuse to be uncivil just because incivility is used against us. No one wins and no minds are opened by ignorance.
    Thans for the decent convo.
  • GOP Poison Michaelene 2012/11/25 23:35:13
    GOP Poison
    +1
    My pleasure
  • Kattie GOP Poison 2012/11/25 22:59:18 (edited)
  • GOP Poison Kattie 2012/11/25 23:18:13
    GOP Poison
    So by your way of thinking if Lincoln had been a democrat the south would have stayed democrat? NO they would have been the opposite party of Lincoln whichever party that was and the opposite party of John and Bobby Kennedy for their civil rights bill. I am ex-military and ex-union member and small business owner and I have had to fight you conservatives on every social issue during my lifetime including but not limited to the ERA and the civil rights act. Support for the lilly ledbetter act should show you who are the people for equal rights and who is not. I can't really expect someone with your I.Q.and your limited age to believe anything that is not force fed you by some right wing talk show host but if you hve people in your family 70 years or older ask them what it was like in the 50s and then tell them that what they witnessed and lived through did not really happen that way.
  • Michaelene Kattie 2012/11/25 23:36:14
    Michaelene
    +1
    Sadly our children are being enslaved and it is the law as written in the GIVE Act, HR 1388. Mandatory servitude is the definition of slavery and all of our youth are being enslaved through our schools to be a part of Obama's CNDC, "just as strong and well armed as our military"
    It starts with elementary forcing students to volunteer a few hours in select programs and snowballs from there.
  • Todd~AFCL Michaelene 2012/11/26 01:40:28
    Todd~AFCL
    +2
    This is one more thing that we need to actively fight against. Unfortunately, this administration has done more damage to civil rights than any other in my life. 0bama's CNDC should not be allowed by us or our representatives within either house of Congress.
  • Michaelene Todd~AFCL 2012/11/28 13:02:19
    Michaelene
    +1
    Sadly it was signed by the 111th Congress already.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congre...
  • Todd~AFCL Michaelene 2012/11/30 14:46:59
    Todd~AFCL
    +2
    This is some very scary stuff.
  • Michaelene Todd~AFCL 2012/12/03 18:44:06
    Michaelene
    Yes it is so scary that htere were many word changes to make it seem less powerful. For example, the original used the word camps (think concentration) and that word was changed to campuses. There was more, you have to read the different versions, to see how extreme this little known, but American life altering bill includes
  • Todd~AFCL GOP Poison 2012/11/25 23:47:58 (edited)
    Todd~AFCL
    +3
    I see you met Kattie; she will happily correct your mistakes. I notice you don't say why you were arrested, beat up, and hospitalized during the civil rights struggle, but I am assuming you mean for supporting those rights. I was not born until '64, so I don't personally remember the ads in the paper saying that about negroes and women.

However, saying that those confederate soldiers were democrats, BECAUSE Lincoln was a Republican is BS. They were in favor of slavery, so they were Democrats. Those soldiers would be Democrats today, if they were alive, today. They formed the KKK to stop people from voting Republican, black or white, and the party simply changed tactics after the GOP enforced desegregation.
    No, we do not ALL know that southern democrats switched parties to oppose JFK; I still hear older Republicans say that JFK was the last good democrat, at least in part because he tried to free us from the Federal Reserve. The fact of the matter is that racist democrats stayed democrats while younger people embraced conservatism and the Republican party, with its idea of actually following the constitution.

My greatest hero of the Civil Rights movement is Charlton Heston, so don't tell me there were no conservatives heroes in there; he marched right along with Martin Luther K...

My greatest hero of the Civil Rights movement is Charlton Heston, so don't tell me there were no conservatives heroes in there; he marched right along with Martin Luther King Junior, because like all true conservatives, he believed in the original intent of the constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
    Since you say people who try to twist this period of history are no better than Holocaust deniers, I would suggest you stop trying to twist the facts to fit your own agenda.
  • Kattie Todd~AFCL 2012/11/25 23:55:18
    Kattie
    +1
    Yes, he is a big talker, but little does he know he can not fool a conservative, yes?
  • GOP Poison Todd~AFCL 2012/11/26 00:42:28
    GOP Poison
    You were born in 64? I was marching in the streets in 1964. You do not have the right to accuse me of skewing facts.I WAS THERE !!!!! I am not relating something I read. People like you would tell a holocaust survivor they have their facts skewed. This is the first time I have ever heard of charlton Heston marching with Dr.king. Not saying he didn't but he is far from a civil rights leader or hero. You and Kattie should get together since you both are addicted to the same lies.
  • GOP Poison GOP Poison 2012/11/26 00:48:11
    GOP Poison
    +1
    My apologies. I read where Charlton Heston and Marlon Brando were among a group of actors that spoke out against segregation and were members of the march on Washington.He also supported Adlai Stevenson as well as John Kennedy in their presidential races.
  • Todd~AFCL GOP Poison 2012/11/26 01:33:26 (edited)
    Todd~AFCL
    +1
    I am surprised to receive an apology from anybody on the left; normally I just receive insults. Yes, Charlton Heston is, and was (may he rest in peace), a hero of the civil rights movement, whether most people know about it, or not. Just because you may not see him as a hero, that does not make him any less of one. I would only tell a holocaust survior they were skewing the facts if they were telling me something I know to be untrue, like if they told me all people of German descent were anti-Semites. The facts I was referring to, that you were skewing, was the switching of the Republicans and Democrats in regards to racism, not what you witnessed.
    By the way, if you look carefully, you will see that neither Kattie nor I was lying.
  • GOP Poison Todd~AFCL 2012/11/26 21:53:24
    GOP Poison
    I know.I have told all my high school friends that are still alive that they should get hold of you and Kattie because what we thought was going on in the 50s and 60s was not really happening at all. It was those damned liberal hippies that were holding them back and not the conservative land owners and business execs.
  • Todd~AFCL GOP Poison 2012/11/30 14:43:03
    Todd~AFCL
    +1
    Your sarcasm has just lost you any respect you had earned from me. Go ahead and keep spreading your lies about the Republicans being racist to cover your own willful blindness..
  • Anon Omous GOP Poison 2014/04/20 22:50:22
    Anon Omous
    +2
    What you fail to understand is that 'poison' is that today's conservative believes in our founding principles of liberty and our of 'all men are created equal'! And just because race baiters and hustlers have many blacks convinced that the democrats are looking out for them, doesn't make it so! Democrats use blacks as political pawns for power! And you want to look at who I (as a conservative) believes is a "civil rights heros" today ... look no farther than Dr. Ben Carson! Someone who crawled out of poverty and is a shining example of how conservative principles HELP blacks!
  • Margaret 2012/11/24 05:01:18
    here is why
    Margaret
    +5
    Liberal today is associated with the socialist in other countries mostly the dictators that are so abusive and the racist sects that still prevail in most of Europe and the Middle East. The Republicans are known as conservative and the republicans (Abraham Lincoln's party) ended slavery.
  • America... Margaret 2012/11/25 09:36:40
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Did you read my question? It is asking why you nuts think that the republcians are the same as 1865
  • Kattie America... 2012/11/26 00:08:51 (edited)
    Kattie
    +1
    HEY liberal, your question does not ask why we think the Republicans are the same today as they were 100 years ago, as you claim. You asked why we think the KKK and other (what you call right-wing) hate groups are liberal. It looks like Margaret gave a pretty good answer to what you actually asked. You liberals still want to oppress anybody who does not agree with you and the Republicans still believe in individual liberty.

2014/09/19 12:01:35