Why do Canadians come to the US for healthcare when they have single payer?

Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/07/13 01:23:34
They come to the US for superior and expedient care...
US healthcare is over-rated, just ask the socialist WHO...
The nonpartisan Fraser Institute reported that 46,159 Canadians sought
medical treatment outside of Canada in 2011, as wait times increased 104
percent — more than double — compared with statistics from 1993.

Specialist physicians surveyed
across 12 specialties and 10 provinces reported an average total wait
time of 19 weeks between the time a general practitioner refers a
patient and the time a specialist provides elective treatment — the
longest they have ever recorded.

How long will it be before Obamacare evolves into this or worse? Where will the Canadians go and better yet, where will we go?

Read More: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/11/report-thousands...

• charles nelson 2012/10/25 00:31:47
    charles nelson
    +1
    They gots good deals at the Costco pharmacy in Bellingham.
  • Gracie ... charles... 2012/10/25 00:47:48
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    I have negative feelings about that area, my husband got a speeding ticket between there and Seattle!
  • charles... Gracie ... 2012/10/25 01:18:51
    charles nelson
    There just teed off about the rich Canadians. And not having state health care.
  • GoDucks5 2012/10/21 08:53:29
    GoDucks5
    +1
    There's no such thing as "free" health care. Health care isn't free in Canada. They socialized it so taxpayers have to pay for it. Obama wants to socialized ours too.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/10/21 06:30:12
    TheTruth1313
    +2
    The bottom line here is that socialized medicine DOES NOT work.
  • Dagon 2012/10/21 05:28:21
  • MonaDeMark 2012/10/21 05:22:28
  • RJeffreySavlov 2012/10/21 01:27:05
    RJeffreySavlov
    +4
    Most of my family lives in Canada and the healthcare is so sparse that they may have to wait 6 months for treatment even for a tumor biopsy and removal. Socialized medicine sucks. They also must get supplemental insurance to get treatment covered which can cost an additional 600 to 700 per month . So they pay for their single payer and supplemental costing together about $1000 per month for poor service? What's wrong with that picture... Welcome to the wonderful world of ObamaCare.
  • Gracie ... RJeffre... 2012/10/21 01:50:48
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Thanks for some reality. People always say it's excellent and I say it's rationed.
  • ★Calliope★ 2012/10/21 01:20:12
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    Of course.

There are some real upsets coming in Canada. Lots of austerity measures. Seems to me THAT is the part of Canada Obama should emulate.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/08/07 00:57:52
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +3
    Superior care and they get taken care of.
  • burningsnowman 2012/07/19 04:48:50 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    +1
    They come here because they're RICH. If you have money the US system is great, not so much if you aren't. Also calling the Fraser institute "non partisan" as if to imply they have no agenda is like calling CATO "non partisan." They hate any kind of NHS.
  • Patric burning... 2012/10/21 01:28:04
    Patric
    +1
    hmm,,, are they not rich in Canada also ?
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/21 02:24:57
    Glfer65
    +1
    Canada has surpased the US in incomes this year. They earn more per person then the US citizen.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/21 02:29:58
    Patric
    +2
    hmmm,, that may be very well true,

with obomma tanking the economy ,, I am with hope to get a job, the pay will be less important than just getting back to work again...

and obomma turned his back on America when he shot down the keystone pipe line
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/21 02:33:32
    Glfer65
    It is true they earn more right now then us.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/21 02:36:06
    Patric
    +1
    well hell, with so many people that obomma 's failed policy have put out of work , I would think the average wages in America is waay down..
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/21 13:14:08
    Glfer65
    I agree with this however blaming Obama is not the reason as you remember wages started coming down in 2008 before his election so blaming one man for all this is incorrect.
    There are too many variables that has caused our recession and too many people involved to blame.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/22 10:09:50
    Patric
    hmm,, because of ( conservative view ) in spite of ( liberal view ) obomma , not sure, probably a mix of both ,,

either way, it goes with the terrority , and as POTUS , his job is to make it happen, and what happens is on his watch..

and the economy is in the toylet and obomma has been unwilling / unable to do some thing about changing it ..
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/22 15:01:29
    Glfer65
    So now he is supposed to do something but not use his exceutive orders or to tell Congress to shape up something that will help get our nation back on track? Remember Congress gets the ball rolling on things that need to implemented.
    The president can only do so much even with executive orders.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/22 15:27:50
    Patric
    " so now... "

no, NO ! . not " so now "
    this is 4 years old of obmma , not " so now"

4 years of failed policy
    4 years of failed administration

so now .. obomma can pack his and his bags and move out of the white house and have an expierenced business person run the worlds largest operation.. because obomma has proven , he is unable....
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/22 15:33:42
    Glfer65
    At this point I see NO viable candidate that will get us back in shape. I refuse to believe Mitt can do the things he says because he has NOT told us about any plans or details of them.
    Does that scare you that he will not go into details of anything and says trust me it will work?
    Also, I will never ever say we have an experienced man in office. Because a first time president has never been president of a country before.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/22 15:38:32
    Patric
    to me, all the candidates promise what they would / will do if elected.

obomma has proven the past 4 years he is unable / unwilling to deliver on his promises.

Mitt may or may not deliver, and if not , in 4 years that empty chair will have to get filled by some one else , untill we get it right

and the empty chair that is the obomma , needs an update

obomma , true, was never president before, or has he ever been more than a community organizer before, and his track record on that mienal job was average , at best ..

obomma , 4 years later, is still over his head with POTUS

did I mention this is about the economy ?
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/22 15:39:57
    Glfer65
    +1
    Yes but the Congress has to set things in motion and frankly BOTH have failed.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/22 15:47:54
    Patric
    well, as things are as they are,

really can not say any one in Wash D C is doing a knock out great job..
  • Glfer65 Patric 2012/10/22 15:49:10
    Glfer65
    +1
    I agree we have let it go so far that they feel they have all the power and do not care about us. We need to fix this.
  • Patric Glfer65 2012/10/22 16:06:41
    Patric
    and it starts with this POTUS election 2012...
  • Gracie ... Glfer65 2012/10/21 15:17:15
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    That's because Obama isn't their President! No one is deliberately trying to destroy Canada!
  • Glfer65 Gracie ... 2012/10/21 17:06:29
    Glfer65
    And I don't believe ours is trying to destroy America. If Congress would stop acting like spoiled brats and pass the good legislation we had we wouldn't be in this mess.
    The GOP has made their priority even before he got elected to make him a one term president at ALL cost so how do you like them so far knowing they have had a huge hand in bringing us down?
    Blaming one person is the dumbest thing we are doing.
  • Gracie ... Glfer65 2012/10/21 17:45:46
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    The only place where legislation isn't happening is in the Senate. Reid is keeping everything off the floor. So, why do you believe everything they tell you to believe...this is what is dangerous, blind followers.

The Senate hasn't passed a budget since he took office. Our debt is over 16 trillion and he's just promising more of the same. He has no plan, other than to make America just one of the pack and to make everyone poor.

Show me the fingerprints of George W. Bush on Fannie and Freddie, the thing that impacted most of us, making us poorer. Where is it?
  • Glfer65 Gracie ... 2012/10/21 17:55:53
    Glfer65
    Look I am not pointing the finger at any ONE person or group YOU are! There were too many people that screwed us many years back so taking as one person is to blame is not how I see it.
  • Gracie ... Glfer65 2012/10/22 00:35:01
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    You clearly said it was the GOP, which it is not. It is true that this economic disaster started long before Bush. I read this book and it is an excellent forensic look at the housing disaster. Too bad more people don't know the truth or really care to know the truth.

Reckless endangerment
  • Glfer65 Gracie ... 2012/10/22 04:01:09
    Glfer65
    What I am really tired of is the split of the USA on party lines and the quick point to blame one or the other. No party is to blame I said GOP because so far they have made it known thet will deliberately take down our country so Obama gets the blame. That was on tape.
    But for the whole division of our nation I am ashamed of the our country and how it must look at other countries.
    So once again NO one man can do what has happened.
  • Gracie ... Glfer65 2012/10/22 04:12:53
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    It's not really a party split, it's a fundamental disagreement on our Founding and Progressivism. It's about big federal government vs. state government with small federal government. We differ on the basic tenet of our being...do we believe that our rights come from our Creator or government?

Rush took a lot of heat, just like you're saying with the GOP that we wanted Obama to fail. What we wanted is for his policies to fail because we believe they are fundamentally wrong.

I'm ashamed that our President has gone around the world apologizing for us being American. What country has done as much to life other countries up? I think many countries should be apologizing to us, not us to them. The President didn't even understand what American Exceptionalism even is.
  • LEFT IS... Gracie ... 2012/10/22 11:31:41 (edited)
    LEFT IS NOT RIGHT
    +2
    Stephen Harper is the best Prime Minister Canada has ever had - and Canada has had some duds too (not nearly as bad as Obama, however)!
  • Gracie ... LEFT IS... 2012/10/22 23:27:06
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    LOL!
  • Lt. Fred 2012/07/18 03:30:33
    Lt. Fred
    +1
    The World Health Organisation is not socialist. The Canadian health insurance system is so efficient that it will even provide specialist or superior care from doctors in different countries. The US health insurance system doesn't even provide the basics to everyone.
  • Gracie ... Lt. Fred 2012/07/18 20:56:44
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Yes, it is and no, it isn't.
  • Lt. Fred Gracie ... 2012/07/18 23:17:56
    Lt. Fred
    So you're saying the Canadian health insurance system won't provide health care in different countries? So you think the OP is wrong?
  • Gracie ... Lt. Fred 2012/07/19 01:24:46
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    I'm saying that the Canadian healthcare system wouldn't even provide the most basic care to a visitor without payment right then and there. I'm saying the WHO is socialist, just google who did the study. I'm also saying that the innovative care comes from private healthcare in America. Kill our system, kill innovation and forget the cures.

2014/11/27 00:26:06