Why do atheists seem to be so angry all the time?

Catnip 2010/04/15 08:43:58
This is very strange to me. I know a few people who are atheists. And they always seem to have a big chip on their shoulders for one reason or another. They mock me. They ridicule me. They even SCORN me for my Christian faith. They run around teling Christians, Jews and yes even Muslims how foolish they are to believe in God.
One would think they would be happy that they have more free time not having to say grace before eating and not having to attend church services on Sunday. But instead, many of them are using that free time trying to remove God from OUR lives such as "In God We Trust" from our money, "One nation, under God" from the Pledge of Allegience. They even try to remove Christ from Christmas.
The latest atheist escepade comes from noted atheist activist Richard Dawkins who is calling for the arrest of Pope Benedict XVI for crimes against humanity. Really? Dawkins claims that Pope Benedict was involved in a cover-up of the pedophile priest sex abuse scandel.
It's so strange. Those of us who believe in God are well adjusted, happy people who have this overwhelming sense of fulfillment in their lives. As opposed to atheists (at least the ones I've encountered) are for all intents and purposes, arrogent, condesending and all around miserable people.
What is their problem?
opposed atheists ive encountered intents purposes arrogent condesending miserable people

• Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ 2010/04/15 14:48:55 (edited)
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +24

I yawn when i smell Bullshit...anyway, stupidity annoys me.

You are talking very generally, something I also dislike. Not all atheist are Anti-Religious/Anti-Theists..... Atheists could not give a shit. Others (like Richard Dawkins) feel, religion is a blight on humanity and has only held us back. We are not always angry, actually we very rarely are.

atheists shit richard dawkins feel religion blight humanity angry rarely

We might seem like we are always angry as it seems as if religious nuts are always in our face.

• King Cnut 2010/04/15 20:28:26
    King Cnut
    +6
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

pot kettle black
    pot kettle black
    pot kettle black
    pot kettle black
    pot kettle black
  • oh my s... King Cnut 2010/04/15 21:57:08
    oh my science
    +6
    that one group of pictures shot his argument down lol, you should see mine
  • Yog oh my s... 2010/04/17 08:38:16
    Yog
    +3
    It upsets me to see Christians act like haters. Almost makes me ashamed to be one.
    But atleast my denomination is clean.
  • Disko P... King Cnut 2010/04/17 15:42:46
    Disko Pickle
    +4
    There was supposed to be a very amusing photo there.
  • King Cnut Disko P... 2010/04/17 15:44:05
    King Cnut
    +2
    I thought the fail was the point!
  • Disko P... King Cnut 2010/04/17 16:25:47
    Disko Pickle
    +2
    It was a really funny protest sign pic. Friggin Tea Party sabotaged me again.
  • moomoof 2010/04/15 20:18:57 (edited)
    moomoof
    +7
    maybe they can't take the stupidity that some christians do and say.
    I know i can't and i am christian

Edit: oh no you didn't defend pedophiles there is proof that the pope as a cardinal covered it up.How can you defend that?

And stop the bullshit about under god and christmas it is old and tired and none of those have to do with christianity
  • runningintriangles 2010/04/15 19:20:52
    runningintriangles
    +8
    Really? I've met far more angry Christians than angry atheists... but hey, maybe you just anger atheists by trying to force your beliefs on them.

Hell, I get angry whenever I get that knock on my door, 7am on a Saturday, and have to deal with the Jehova's Witness; it's the only day I usually get to sleep in... and typically, if they're calling at 7, I'm only been asleep for MAYBE 2 hours... insomnia is not nice, and being woken up after managing to FINALLY fall asleep? Makes me less cheerful than usual.

Anyhow, you're being very general, and my guess is you either haven't met very many atheists (whom I find to be rather pleasant people for the most part... except 7am on a Saturday), or those you have met you've harassed.

And, doll? Not every American is Christian, not every American believes in a god, so it is logical to want all that religious nonsense removed from various things. The government is supposed to be secular.

Also, you Christians whine far too much. It's gone from irritating to just plain boring.

Cheers!
  • Cinna 2010/04/15 19:06:58
    Cinna
    +2
    i dont know. maybe its cuz christians are dicks?
  • ~the life lived was never l... 2010/04/15 18:32:53
    ~the life lived was never lost~ =3
    +2
    well im athesit and im not angry. i just say what i think!! people have a right to think what they want and i have a right to think what i want!! i also believe in creationism. if you want to say that you belive in your so called god then say it!! SCREAM IT! be happy for what you belive in and dont let other people bring you down! you should be happy for the way you are. i am.
  • Joe Finsternis 2010/04/15 18:12:29
    Joe Finsternis
    +4
    Personally, I really don't give a damn about the Pledge of Allegiance, because I don't recite it in the first place. As for Christmas, it should stay the way it is, and people need to stop being so greatly offended by nothing.
    Also, I don't care what sort of belief you follow. It's obvious that you have only been paying attention to the stupid obnoxious brand of Atheist. Most of us mind our own business.
  • Raindropkitten™~the author ... 2010/04/15 18:07:58 (edited)
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    +8
    Just to clarify, I am agnostic and I have to say that I am one of the nicest and happiest people that I know. I've known many athiests/agnostics and never heard of any of them tell others they are foolish to believe in something. Most of us are actually very happy and content.

If anything it sounds like you know maybe one or two atheists and have had bad confrontations with them. Perhaps you tried to shove the idea of Christianity and God down the wrong throat. Leave them alone with religion and I bet that the thought of it won't even come up when you are together with one.

It is people like you who give atheists and even Christians such as yourself a bad name. People are just people in the end. We all try to survive and find our way in life with or without the idea of God lingering on our shoulders. Try and respect one another instead of claiming that one set of people are so angry all the time.

Sounds to me as if you are the angry one.

Have a nice day. :)
  • Yog Raindro... 2010/04/17 08:43:25
    Yog
    +2
    You are right. But I've had several atheists have a go at me when I've always strived to not talk about my private beliefs. They ask me questions then yell at me for answering, saying that I should ignore them.

But christian intolerance does seem to be worse. especially to a Christian who believes Jesus to be human and not God.
  • Kyle Hill Yog 2012/02/13 13:04:58 (edited)
    Kyle Hill
    I've noticed that only ONE of the posters actually read your points on why you view Atheists as angry people.

I get the impression that as soon as they saw the words *Atheists* and *Angry* they pounded away at the keyboard trying to wear it out without actually reading what you said to challenge it or agree.

Talk about hypocrites! Just like the bible said they are wolves in sheep clothing which you will know by the fruits they bear. Bear? What's the bear doing here? YIKES!

Sorry I am tried and going to bed. I agree that in general Atheists are angry though not all are but most are and just don't have the humbleness to admit it.

Being Christlike is to be humble and admit your faults when needed.
  • Fallen_Angel 2010/04/15 17:46:42
  • Kalamazoo 2010/04/15 17:26:32
    Kalamazoo
    +4
    I know quite a few atheists in my personal life, and they are nothing like the above posts state.
    They are nice, giving, caring, happy human beings.

Now, the people on the internet are a different story.

Don't stereotype a group of people, by the actions of a few.
  • kidkewlsgirl8888 2010/04/15 17:20:34 (edited)
    kidkewlsgirl8888
    +7
    because we are sick of people talking down to us and treating us like crap...
    we are sick of hearing you are going to hell and you are wrong...
    We are sick of people rubbing their religion in our face...
    don't kick dirt in my face and i won't kick your ass : )

sounds fair does it not?

sick people rubbing religion kick dirt kick ass sounds fair
  • Eric ~ The Logician 2010/04/15 16:25:56
    Eric ~ The Logician
    +5
    I'm guessing you probably know 1-2 atheists that are angry all the time and then 10-30 that are normal decent human beings. Just so you know, some atheists ridicule, and some people of faith condemn. It's not an issue with just atheism, it's an issue with humanity.

And do you really think it's just atheists with a chip on their shoulder?

people faith condemn issue atheism issue humanity atheists chip shoulder

• danny0091 Eric ~ ... 2010/04/15 21:51:49
    danny0091
    +1
    You are mistaking atheism for nihilism they are two separate things...Atheism is not about having no morality is about not believing in any gods period..But its not your fault I guess you just took the first pretty picture you found...
  • Eric ~ ... danny0091 2010/04/15 22:53:27
    Eric ~ The Logician
    +2
    Did you read my comment or did you just look at the pretty pictures? Maybe you should look at my profile too.
  • danny0091 Eric ~ ... 2010/04/15 22:55:24
    danny0091
    I did read ur coment im just saying the definition...you put there for atheism is really inaccurate
  • Eric ~ ... danny0091 2010/04/15 23:02:14
    Eric ~ The Logician
    +2
    And I don't agree with any of these pictures, I thought I made that clear. Did you even realize I'm an atheist yet?
  • danny0091 Eric ~ ... 2010/04/15 23:12:40
    danny0091
    LOL..yeah I saw ur profile..sorry for the misunderstoodment ..:P
  • jazie 2010/04/15 16:16:40
    jazie
    i dont think they are angry....
    just blaming god for everything is it.
  • Scott ヶ... jazie 2010/04/15 16:21:07
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +7
    That makes no sense.
  • jazie Scott ヶ... 2010/04/15 16:28:28
    jazie
    please... correct me........
  • Scott ヶ... jazie 2010/04/15 16:30:06
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +8
    How can someone who has a lack of belief in gods blame everything on such a thing they do not believe in?
  • jazie Scott ヶ... 2010/04/15 16:35:54
    jazie
    ohhhh ok i got ya..... bye now.
  • Yog Scott ヶ... 2010/04/17 08:45:34
    Yog
    +1
    You often give off that impression, btw
  • Scott ヶ... Yog 2010/04/17 11:44:13
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +3
    Only to those who don't know, that speaking hypothetically is.
  • Yog Scott ヶ... 2010/04/17 12:37:16
    Yog
    +1
    Yes, appearances can be deceptive.

You're certainly okay by me. As far as I'm concerned, you seem to be playing a vital role in bringing people back to God and Christ.
  • Scott ヶ... Yog 2010/04/17 16:02:58
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +2
    I'm classed as ok with a few Christians on this site...so I must be doing something right.
    What annoys me is, i know more about said religion than most the people who follow it.
  • Yog Scott ヶ... 2010/04/17 20:29:46
    Yog
    +1
    You are doing something right, that's for sure.

I'll have to take your word for the second point though.
  • Algor. Mortis. - ҎԊǢɬ Physician
    +4
    All I can really do is laugh at you.
  • VERYwiseguy 2010/04/15 15:46:43
    VERYwiseguy
    +2
    I'm not sure? But wasn't in god we trust added later on.I know god was in the allegience and the founding fathers were alot of theist.
  • Eric ~ ... VERYwis... 2010/04/15 16:27:49
    Eric ~ The Logician
    +3
    Yes, "in god we trust" was added much later when the religious extremists started showing up out of nowhere in this country.
  • VERYwis... Eric ~ ... 2010/04/15 16:51:48
    VERYwiseguy
    +3
    THANX I don't want religious people bashing me = hypocrisy wtf? lol
  • danny0091 2010/04/15 15:32:14
    danny0091
    +7
    You cant acusse atheist of being angry at christians.... when christians themselves are angry at everyone else...you are angry at gay people you are angry at atheist ofcourse you are angry at anyone who does not share your religious views ....and your god is the most hateful god of all..atheists are not angry at christians we just want to take off the blindfold you all seem to be wearing..
  • Kalamazoo danny0091 2010/04/15 19:39:56
    Kalamazoo
    Bullshit
  • danny0091 Kalamazoo 2010/04/15 21:45:42
    danny0091
    you should if you're a christian they eat it all the time

2014/07/31 01:29:42