Why do atheists always target Christians, out of all religions ?

Harley † American 2009/01/27 04:51:36
I do it for fun
I just hate christians
this is what I think
they target no one , It just seems that way. I will explain
Out of all the religions to attack they have certainly chosen Christians, why?
When we have Islam who denies all women rights,and more important they teach and worship to kill in the name of that religion, but some atheists would take up for Islam radicals . We all have seen the proof..

There are plenty of religions who aren't nice and peaceful, so why choose Christians, who believe in turning the other , check , do good to your enemy, love thy neighbor as thy self ,forgiveness, and Charity. No other religion has done more for the poor or needy, opened free clinics and Hospitals , hand out food in shelters, and spent their lives spreading the Word in horrible places, around the world ?
Why?

Please explain your answers ...

• Gwama- Patriot † In God We... 2009/01/30 05:10:12
    this is what I think
    Gwama- Patriot  † In God We Trust †
    +17
    I think atheists probably understand violence more than compassion..they probably see it as weakness and not a virtue..Just like Jesus was misunderstood for his kindness .. atheists understand violence compassion weakness virtue jesus misunderstood kindness

• The Great Simonski 2009/02/15 22:33:15 (edited)
    this is what I think
    The Great Simonski
    +6
    On the internet I'll normally go after anyone spouting nonsense, Christian, Muslim, whatever, it just happens that Christians make up a vocal majority.

Also, I'm fairly vocal in my agnosticism because politicians here, and in the states seem unwilling to resist the advances of religious interest groups which is terrifying because a theocratic government almost inevitably ends up passing discriminatory faith-based laws.

Additionally, this:
    terrifying theocratic government inevitably ends passing discriminatory faith-based laws additionally
  • Adam 2009/02/05 18:20:13
    Adam
    +2
    There are dim, narrow minded Atheists and dim, narrow minded Christians. Atheists end up targeting Christians because they are the predominate religious institution, at least in America. So of course Atheists are going to target Christians, there the biggest target. And, most Atheists ive met are atheists because they were raised Christian, and Christians are the ones who try to be holier then thou towards them. If an Atheist was first born into a Hindu family and community, and they wanted to single out a religion, it would be Hindu.

Both sides are equally spiteful. All you have to do is look at how fashionable hating Muslims is these days. In being a good person, just claiming a religion is no where near enough.
  • sktdriver77 PROUD RIGHT WIN... 2009/02/04 23:12:43
    this is what I think
    sktdriver77 PROUD RIGHT WING EXTREMIST
    +11
    science professor begins his school year with a lecture to the students, "Let me explain the problem science has with religion." The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand.

"You're a Christian, aren't you, son?"

"Yes sir," the student says.

"So you believe in God?"

"Absolutely."

"Is God good?"

"Sure! God's good."

"Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"

"Yes."

"Are you good or evil?"

"The Bible says I'm evil."

The professor grins knowingly. "Aha! The Bible!" He considers for a moment. "Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help him? Would you try?"

"Yes sir, I would."

"So you're good...!"

"I wouldn't say that."

"But why not say that? You'd help a sick and maimed person if you could. Most of us would if we could. But God doesn't."

The student does not answer, so the professor continues. "He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Christian who died of cancer, even though he prayed to Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

The student remains silent.

"No, you can't, can you?" the professor says. He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax.

"Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?"

"Er...yes," the student ...

""

'""

""

""

"''"

""

"''"

""

""""

""

""

""

""""""

'""

""

"'"

"'"

""

"

""

"''"

""

""

"'"

""""

""""

""

"""'"

""

"'"

"'"

"''''"

""

""

"""'"

"''''"

"''"

""

""

'""

"""''"

""

""

""

""

""

""

"'"

"'''"

""

"'"

""""

"'"

"''"

"You're a Christian, aren't you, son?"

"Yes sir," the student says.

"So you believe in God?"

"Absolutely."

"Is God good?"

"Sure! God's good."

"Yes."

"Are you good or evil?"

"The Bible says I'm evil."

"Yes sir, I would."

"So you're good...!"

"I wouldn't say that."

The student remains silent.

"Er...yes," the student says.

"Is Satan good?"

The student doesn't hesitate on this one. "No."

"Then where does Satan come from?"

The student falters. "From God"

"That's right. God made Satan, didn't he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?"

"Yes, sir."

"Evil's everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything, correct?"

"Yes."

"So who created evil?" The professor continued, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil."

Again, the student has no answer. "Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet. "Yes."

"So who created them?"

The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his question. "Who created them?" There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom. The class is mesmerized. "Tell me," he continues onto another student. "Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and cracks. "Yes, professor, I do."

The old man stops pacing. "Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?"

"No sir. I've never seen Him."

"Then tell us if you've ever heard your Jesus?"

"No, sir, I have not."

"Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus?

"Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."

"Yet you still believe in him?"

"Yes."

"According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?"

"Nothing," the student replies. "I only have my faith."

"Yes, faith," the professor repeats. "And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence, only faith."

The student stands quietly for a moment, before asking a question of His own. "Professor, is there such thing as heat?"

"Yes," the professor replies. "There's heat."

"And is there such a thing as cold?"

"Yes, son, there's cold too."

"No sir, there isn't."

The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet. The student begins to explain. "You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees."

"Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it."

Silence across the room. A pen drops somewhere in the classroom, sounding like a hammer.

"What about darkness, professor. Is there such a thing as darkness?"

"Yes," the professor replies without hesitation. "What is night if it isn't darkness?"

"You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word."

"In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?"

The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester. "So what point are you making, young man?"

"Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed."

The professor's face cannot hide his surprise this time. "Flawed? Can you explain how?"

"You are working on the premise of duality," the student explains. "You argue that there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought."

"It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it."

"Now tell me, professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?"

"If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do."

"Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?"

The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.

"Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?"
    The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided.

"To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, let me give you an example of what I mean."

The student looks around the room. "Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor's brain?" The class breaks out into laughter.

"Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain, felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir."

"So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?"

Now the room is silent. The professor just stares at the student, his face unreadable.

Finally, after what seems an eternity, the old man answers. "I guess you'll have to take them on faith."

"Now, you accept that there is faith, and, in fact, faith exists with life," the student continues. "Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?"

Now uncertain, the professor responds, "Of course, there is. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

If you read it all the way through and had a smile on your face when you finished, mail to your friends and family with the title: God vs Science.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

* Edit Entry
    * Delete

Comment
    Add Image Add Video
    resize
  • Harley ... sktdriv... 2009/02/05 00:15:07
    Harley  †  American
    +8
    I loved it !I shall pass it on , thank you my friend, what a great modern parable !
  • sktdriv... Harley ... 2009/02/05 00:20:55
    sktdriver77 PROUD RIGHT WING EXTREMIST
    +9
    Thank you Harley, I have it posted as a blog but very few came to see it and comment (sniffle sniffle LOL) so i appreciate you reading it and passing it on!! I think it's a GREAT rebuttal to atheists arguments so i hope you will use it when you need to!! It IS long but worth reading i think!! sniffle lol reading passing rebuttal atheists arguments hope worth reading sniffle lol reading passing rebuttal atheists arguments hope worth reading
  • Harley ... sktdriv... 2009/02/05 00:53:18
    Harley  †  American
    +8
    It sure is , and I am proud to share it with others, well worth the read, I hope many here read it, too! Good to know I will save it. Bless you my friend! proud share worth read hope read save bless friend
  • sktdriv... Harley ... 2009/02/05 00:58:04
  • Harley ... sktdriv... 2009/02/05 01:57:36
    Harley  †  American
    +7
    Thank you !
  • *~Amelie~* sktdriv... 2009/03/03 00:10:01
    *~Amelie~*
    +4
    im not religious, but i don't mind having conversations with theists about religion when they are as rational as you are. as long as the conversation is mature and intellectual with no insults or forcefeeding from eitiher side, i enjoy conversations about religion. i used to be a theist, but circumstances in my life have led me to atheism. one of my 2 best friends is a strict christian and i think i love her more because of it. im happy with being an atheist, shes happy with being a theist and i enjoy talking to her about religion despite our different beliefs. christians and atheists don't need to attack each other- calm, rational conversation is definitely the way to go!
  • Kaimeso 2009/01/31 02:36:35
    Kaimeso
    +3
    Christians like bashing everyone else but start whining so much when someone kicks it back in their faces. They get upset because of all the religions, it's only the christians and the muslims that are trying to force their beliefs on others. Muslims with violence and christians try and sneak in in using the vote and the law. Result is the same, forcing their religion on others,...
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/27 04:22:06
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +3
    There were already Christian values in this country, and it is the atheist that wants to throw them out.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/27 12:47:55 (edited)
    Kaimeso
    There were already non-Christian values in this country, but the Christians exterminated most of the native population and outlawed their religions. Once again you reveal real christian values with your post. Whats next, exterminate the current non-believers?
    exterminated native population outlawed religions reveal real christian values post
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/27 14:02:48
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +2
    Nobody said anything about extermination. You really are so ridiculous in your paranoia. There is no discussion with you. Good luck with that bitter chip on your shoulder.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/27 14:52:52
    Kaimeso
    Are you denying the result was near full extermination?
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/27 14:54:44
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +2
    Let's stay in this decade please. You always want to go back hundreds of years. That is not what I was talking about. You have a very hard time stayingon subject. Makes it hard to converse with you. I will try to remember that next time I come across you.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/27 16:54:54
    Kaimeso
    Well you are the one touting "christian values" and whining about how atheist are trying to throw them out. I simply pointed out that your "christian values" are responsible for horrible exterminations of native peoples so they ain't that great.
    But lets be clear, you are welcome to "YOUR" christian values, just keep them out of my government.
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/27 17:02:24
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +2
    This is my government too. The point is that these values have always been in our government, and it is you and other atheist that are kicking them out. Again, I go back to 50 years ago and not going to argue with you about 100s of years ago. I could argue about the native Americans, but they have their land now. We have made repirations, and they have the freedom to their own religion. They even are allowed to run their own schools.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/27 23:43:31
    Kaimeso
    Specifically which christian values are being kicked out of our government? And be sure and stay focused on values of the last 50 years,...
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/28 05:58:57
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    The ten commandments were taught in school.
    Prayer in school
    creationism out of debate, and schools
    Ten commandments off of court buildings
    Crosses off of seals and buildings
    Christmas break is now winter break.
    Can't say merry christmas in stores and government employees
    blue laws
    Sodomy laws in most states, now no sodomy laws
    God trying to be taken off of money, out of pledge, out of inauguration
    Roe vs. Wade
    Movies filled with violence, vulgarity, profanity
    Teachers can't even talk about their personal faith in God.
    Condoms handed out in school
    homosexuality promoted in schools
    Homosexual "marriage" being allowed by courts even though public votes for marriage between one man and one woman
    All Christian beliefs are considered politically incorrect
    There are more, but all of these are general that could be broken down more specifically. These are all things that have changed against Christian values over the last 50 years.

Even though the Federal government does not have God in the Constitution, WE ARE ENDOWED BY OUR CREATOR, is in the Declaration of Independence. This is referring to the very existance of a creator, yet now not allowed to be taught in our schools. But God is specifically mentioned in almost all of the state constitutions, and for sure in all of the original colonies.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/28 18:04:27 (edited)
    Kaimeso
    I went to school starting in 1957 and they never taught the ten commandments. Schools are not the place to teach your silly fantasy, besides why should a school kid need to know about coveting the neighbors wife or committing adultery? I was already taught at home not to steal or lie, and best be respectful of parents. Only thing left is teaching about your silly imaginary friend, and school is not the place for that unless you have a PRIVATE school.

Prayer in school leads to extreme abuse of anyone that didn't go along with the non-sense. Keep it at home or in your church.

Creationism is religion saying a magical being created everything, bullshit and no place in science. Crosses and seals, designs change and for many those are just as offensive as a swastika.

So you don't like winter break, its more than just christmas. Besides you can say merry xmas all you want, others like happy holidays. And "blue laws",.. blue laws were religious based and prevented businesses from even being open on Sundays. Just another example of xtians writing their faith into laws to force on others.

Sodomy laws, your church and government doesn't belong in anyone's bedroom. God was ADDED to the pledge and money, I don't care either way but if those two are changed back to their original form,...

'

'

""

Sodomy laws, your church and government doesn't belong in anyone's bedroom. God was ADDED to the pledge and money, I don't care either way but if those two are changed back to their original form, so what?

Roe vs Wade, what makes you think abortion being against the law ever prevented it from happening, kind of naive aren't you?

Make of movie of the bible if you want to see sex, violence, and hate. Teachers are not there to spread your faith, not everyone believes in your imaginary friend. And condoms are not handed out at school, however they are made available in many places to help prevent the spread of disease and pregnancy. Its naive to believe teenagers are not having sex, but people like you would rather them diseased or pregnant just so you can say they sinned.

Homosexuality is not being promoted in schools. Only thing being promoted is everyone regardless of sexual orientation is entitled to an education. Gay people exist, get over it.

Homosexual marriage, why not? and don't use that tired old religious excuse for your hate. Besides our government has a system of checks and balances to prevent tyranny of the majority. If not we would still have slaves and women would not be able to vote.

Not all xtian beliefs are considered "politically incorrect", just those you keep trying to cram down the throats of the rest of human kind.

Next?
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/29 06:47:48
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    I do not appreciate your condescending attitude. Specifically which christian values are being kicked out of our government? Then I am the one that told you to focus on the last 50 years, I can focus. Then you call me ignorant, naive, tired old religious excuse for "my hate" (assuming because I believe differently that I hate), assuming that I don't want homosexuals educated (just not my kids educated about homosexuality), then the whole point is that it is atheist that are changing things and not Christians "trying to cram down the throats of the rest of human kind." Assuming that I don't know gay people exist, and then the old tireless argument that behavior/sexual orientation is the same as skin color or gender. Then purposely trying the offend my religious belief by calling is silly imaginary friend. I really am so tired of talking to you just to be insulted by the likes of you. BTW, the 1980 decision in Stone v. Graham struck down a state law requiring the posting of the Ten Commandments in each classroom. So in 1957, not every classroom was posting them, but they were allowed until 1980.

Can the Ten Commandments protect your kids from the culture war?

Mar 05 2008

by Cindy Bond

If you are a parent or grandparent concerned about societys moral and civil decline and its ...

Mar 05 2008

by Cindy Bond

If you are a parent or grandparent concerned about societys moral and civil decline and its affects on your children/grandchildren, here is a novel idea. Teach them the Ten Commandments.
    The laws handed down to Moses on Mt. Sinai have been the very foundation on which every civilized society has flourished with and declined without. Learning and understanding the Ten Commandments is one of the most basic and effective ways to inoculate our youth from societys destructive forces that shape and mold the thoughts and attitudes of our children.
    And each Commandment serves to protect our kids in a specific way.
    Thou Shalt Have No gods before Me does not only mean not worshipping pagan gods, but other false idols, such as greed or fame. A recent USA Today survey of 18-25 year olds found that 81 percent of those surveyed listed get rich as their top goal in life, while 51 percent ranked be famous as their top goal. Help people and Become a leader in the community only came in at 30 percent and 22 percent respectively.
    No matter what religion we belong to, acknowledging a power higher than ourselves which we do not acquire, but serve, begets a sense of humility and scorns narcissism.
    Thou Shalt Not Take the Name of the Lord in Vain teaches reverence, but also respect and decorum. More than 70 percent of Americans believe we are a ruder and less civil society than 20 years ago, and nearly eight in 10 Americans report a rise in profanity. Using profanity or G--D--- in front of every noun is not only offensive, it projects ignorance and lack of education, regardless of the background of the offender.
    Remember the Sabbath requires commitment, but also instills a sense of community and belonging, imperative to our youth. An Ellison Research study found that 66 percent of Americans believed attending church before the age of 18 contributed to their moral foundation. Two-thirds of Americans who attend church on a regular basis are very happy or very satisfied with their life, according to a recent Gallup poll.
    Honor Thy Father and Mother. A recent study suggested that children born post 1982 are the most narcissitic generation in history. Children who are not taught respect for authority, limits and boundaries are not enhancing their self-esteem. According to the study, narcissists are more likely to have romantic relationships that are short-lived, at risk for infidelity, lack emotional warmth and to exhibit game-playing, dishonesty and over-controlling and violent behaviors.
    Thou Shalt Not Kill cries out in our society today. Violence on television and in movies and video games has desensitized our children to the far-reaching ramifications that taking a life has on families and society. School shootings are on the rise. The Northern Illinois University shooting this month marked the fifth school shooting that week alone. Respect for life is being replaced by a take em down with you attitude.
    Thou Shalt Not Steal. The concept of stealing has become muddled among our youth. In the digital age, only 11 percent of teens have a clear understanding of copyright law regarding downloading media. While 90 percent believe stealing a bike should be punished, only 48 percent believe the same fate should rest on those for downloading intellectual property, according to a recent Microsoft study. Other forms of stealing are also on the rise. According to Junior Achievement, 40 percent of students have admitted to cheating and 58 percent of teachers surveyed by the Association of Teachers and Lecturers believe plagiarism is a problem.
    Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor. Cyber-bullying has reached epidemic status among teens, where numerous internet sites allow anonymous users to post slanderous material without any consequences. One in three teens has been a victim of cyber-bullying according to the Opinion Research Corporation for Fight Crime and the consequences have been heart-wrenching. The case of Megan Meier drew national attention when it was reported that a ruse on MySpace by her friend and her friends mother led Megan to commit suicide.
    Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. Our children see case after case of infidelity among our elected leaders and celebrities in the media, but the effects of infidelity go unreported. While it is often glamorized, as in the case of the Jolie/Pitt/Aniston love triangle, adultery tears families apart, leaving the children in the dust. Study after study shows that children raised without both a mother and father are more likely to live in poverty, become addicted to drugs, engage in premarital sex, suffer from depression and commit suicide.
    Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Wife. Since the dawn of the internet, pornography has exploded. According to a University of New Hampshire Study, 42 percent of children ages 10-17 were exposed to on-line pornography, with 66 percent of those not seeking the pornographic sites. According to the National Coalition for Protection of Children and Families, Young people growing up in our already overly sexualized culture are being exposed to sexually explicit material on a daily basis through network television, movies, music and the Internet. Children are being subjected to sexual material and messages before they are mentally prepared to understand or evaluate what they are viewing. In addition, the majority of sex education is taking place in the media, not in the home, church or school.
    Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Goods. It is no longer about keeping up with the Joneses, it is about surpassing them. Instant gratification today is as easy as plastic. JumpStart Coalition for Personal Finance Literacy found that one-third of high school seniors use a credit card. According to Nellie Mae, the average freshman arrives at college with $1,585 in credit card debt. The material world has forced even our youngest to already mortgage their future.
    The Ten Commandments are as vital today as they were when Moses received them on the mount. They have been the cornerstone for civility, order and justice. Choosing not to teach these to our children will not only unleash the cultural demons against them, it will contribute to our cultural demise as a society. Raising our children without a spiritual foundation lends an attitude that there is no consequence to ones actions unless he/she gets caught. And by then it will be too late.

Cindy Bond, President and COO of Promenade Pictures, Los Angeles, California

I have tried to have dialogue with you, and here is my answer. Once again if you cannot discuss the issues without personal attacks than I am really done discussing anything else with you.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/29 14:47:23
    Kaimeso
    You said "The ten commandments were taught in school", up until 1980.

I said, not in my school in 1957.

You said, "focus on the last 50 years",..

Well if that is what you want, but be careful with that argument since its your claim the bible is 2000 years old, and just how old are the 10 commandments?

You brought up "Stone vs Graham", but fail to note in that case it was "MANDATORY" in Kentucky that all classrooms post the 10 commandments. You xtians were forcing every child in that state to every day look at "You shall have no other gods before Me". If that was not cramming religion down the throat of people then you are extremely naive.

For me and others your imaginary friend does not exist and since it cannot be seen, or touched, or smelled, or heard then the burden of proof is on you. You say he/it exist then prove it, until then stop being offended because other people don't believe in the easter bunny, vampires, Thor, Zeus, your god, or any of the other imaginary characters created by uneducated people thousands of years ago.

And as far as your 10 commandments, drop the first four and make it the 6 commandments and no one would have a problem with them being in schools everywhere. Shouldn't be a problem for xtians to edit them, they have always re-edited their bible to justify and support their own views.
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/29 19:32:14
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    I really would have loved to have a serious debate with you. You are so full of bitterness and hate from something, and it has nothing to do with me. There really are points that I would love to debate you on, but you try to just make me look and feel stupid when I am more educated than you are. I will not be talked to in any more condescending way. You are making me feel nauseous to talk to you and that is a sign to exit stage left. I am done with ANY conversations with you. I will spend my time on more productive things. Good luck with all that hate and bitterness. I will not be the target of it anymore.
  • Kaimeso ACB4Val... 2009/03/29 19:55:44
    Kaimeso
    So I'm guessing as usual you're not responding to any of the points made in the last post,.. You continue to talk about bitterness and hate but fail to acknowledge any dissenting view to your fantasy beliefs.

Still that is ok since there is no evidence of any kind that your imaginary sky friend exist. But there is a huge amount of evidence that xtians love pushing their views into law which is why you're now experiencing a backlash by many of anything remotely christian.

I replied to your long list of christian values you say are under attack. No response other than coming back with the 10 commandments. Why do you think commandment 1 thru 4 should be forced on everyone regardless of beliefs? We already agree the last 6 are already in normal laws.
  • ACB4Val... Kaimeso 2009/03/29 20:50:26
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    I am done with you. I have given you warnings. All you choose use profanity, disrespect, personal attacks, and condescension. I do not respond to that. You have made some legitimate points that I would love to debate, but refuse to talk to people that can not debate on merit but use such tactics as previously mentioned. I have tried to have a reasonable conversation with you, and you on one of my post lied about me blocking you (so I will now make that a true statement). I have tried and tried to be patient with you, but I really have none left. You are wasting my time with your foolishness, and I do not cast my pearls before swine (a figure of speech from that fairy tale book). Good bye!
  • Rick 2009/01/31 02:08:57
    this is what I think
    Rick
    +10
    They don't want to waste their time fighting false gods. So they go after the Real God...Jesus
  • Harley ... Rick 2009/02/03 20:49:21
    Harley  †  American
    +7
    Good point! Thanks Rick!
  • Kelly~Saved "In God We Trust" 2009/01/30 06:27:42 (edited)
    Kelly~Saved "In God We Trust"
    +13
    I believe it is because they feel threatened. Think about it. When we believe in one thing and then we are faced with something that we know is much stronger and much bigger than we are and we don't really understand it, then we begin to feel threatened. It's human nature. And when we feel threatened we become fearful and when we become fearful, what do we do? We lash out.

I think that it is much more comfortable (safe) for atheists to be nasty and cold (out of fear) toward Christians, rather than to have to 'feel' and be compassionate toward us. They wouldn't want to be compassionate or friendly toward people that believe in Jesus Christ because He is, after all, their fear.

I pray that they will come to know the Lord and understand that we are very compassionate, God loving people that want nothing more than to spread God's will and goodness to others.
    pray lord understand compassionate god loving people spread gods goodness
  • Harley ... Kelly~S... 2009/01/30 20:57:19
    Harley  †  American
    +10
    Me too Kelly, my biggest hope for them!
  • Differe... Kelly~S... 2009/02/04 06:09:40
    Different  ♥
    +7
    I was thinking the same thing about them feeling threatened. Sometimes the unknown can be a bit unnerving. I, too, have the same hopes for them as you!
  • ubiquit... Kelly~S... 2009/03/02 22:45:49 (edited)
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    We feel threatened because we ARE threatened by Christian groups who want to put their religion in government and legislate their religious morality on everyone, denying equal rights to atheists and other non-Christians, homosexuals, etc.

We don't fear your imaginary friend, we fear the social and political agenda of Christian fundamentalists. History has shown us what happens when radical Christians have too much power over society.

political agenda christian fundamentalists history radical christians absolute power society
  • Kelly~S... ubiquit... 2009/03/03 04:35:31
    Kelly~Saved "In God We Trust"
    +6
    I hear what you're saying and appreciate your honesty, I really do. However, it really wasn't necessary to put that little "dig" in your answer. Why do Atheists always make such condescending statements? You just proved my point. Atheist's don't know how to handle goodness. Very, very sad.
  • ubiquit... Kelly~S... 2009/03/03 04:54:25 (edited)
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    I generally show people the same level of respect they show me. Your comment was incredibly condescending, reducing atheists' negative reaction to Christianity to an insecurity. And again you are being even more condescending with your "atheists don't know how to handle goodness" line, yet in the same breath you have the audacity to accuse me of being condescending?
    this is what I think
    Gwama- Patriot  † In God We Trust †
    +17
  • Winterm... Gwama- ... 2009/01/30 06:14:49
  • Harley ... Gwama- ... 2009/02/03 20:50:21
    Harley  †  American
    +9
    A good point of view! Thank you Gwama!
  • ubiquit... Gwama- ... 2009/03/02 22:50:10
    ubiquitous_tergiversation
    We understand that Christians have oppressed, tortured and killed millions of non-believers throughout the ages, so yes you could say we understand violence.
  • 4Given 2009/01/30 01:51:54
    this is what I think
    4Given
    +11
    As it's been since the first century ... Christ is a stumbling block. How many first century witnesses to the miracles walked away? Why did the rulers want him executed? His teaching was a threat to their way of life. Nothing has changed in 2 millenia.
  • Harley ... 4Given 2009/02/03 20:51:21 (edited)
    Harley  †  American
    +9
    I think you are right...good point!
    Thank you!
  • mypoint?? 2009/01/29 18:24:20
    mypoint??
    +3
    You are refering to the atheists in Christian majority countries... of course they attack what is right in front of them... they see hypocrisy in many christians and use that to back up their beliefs. Atheists in more cosmopolitan countries attack all the religions they come into regular contact with. Its just people being the dumb a$$es that we are! As far as backing up more radical religions... the other atheists I know who do that either do it for more political reasons pertaining to the right of self determination within sovereign nations OR out of sheer ignorance. The latter is most common. I happen to be atheist and I do not attack any religion... I happen to believe that when used correctly there are some very good morals and traditions in each religion that have done a lot of good in this world throughout history. They have caused a lot of bloodshed as well I know that... but I firmly believe that we are better for having the lessons that are taught through faith.

2014/07/31 09:41:53