Why did the ‘Veterans Today” become a nest of anti-Semites, 911 conspiracy theorists and other bigots?

Mike56 2011/04/22 00:42:17
Related Topics: Israel, Nazi, GOP, Veterans
There are very few real US veterans posting over there – mostly fringe bloggers and foreign (mostly Middle Eastern) operatives
One can be anti-Semite, pro-Islamist, US government hater and still a patriot
Something else

Several times, Islamo-Nazis were quoting hateful pieces from the ‘Veterans Today’ forum: Holocaust denials, anti-Semitic statements, Islamism apology, wild anti-Government fantasies, etc. Yesterday, I looked into the forum. It was a shocking experience – they embrace the Nazi views almost unilaterally over there! The posts looked as they were translated from Russian Neo-Nazi postings!!

How could that high jacking take place?

Yesterday, I found couple articles I gave pretty harsh comments to - and today I cannot find them. There were 20 comments in total to a Goebbels-styled article as to how bad in general, genetically and historically, Jews are and how much harm they cause to the mankind. And only one comment but mine was opposing to the "ideas".

Here is a last one:

The staff writer (they do not allow others to post) puts the article:

Is the GOP Really America’s Domestic Enemy?

here is a typical comment from their typical member:

They are cancer. So why do Dems. even cooperate with them? Because it’s all a farce, just for show! Time to draw the curtain and take them backstage for an ass whooping.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/22/is-the-gop-really-ame...

These are pretty "moderate" examples remaining .

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/21/gilad-atzmon-the-isra...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/20/sinning-against-zioni...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/21/the-arab-uprising-is-...

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/20/neocon-think-tank-urg...

• dublin9 2011/04/22 01:11:41 (edited)
    Something else
    dublin9
    +9
    After decades of service, I was retired out of my American military uniform with the Rank of Lieutenant Colonel in February. Wow. What a load of crapola, shrouded in various news articles to create a veneer of respectability.

Neo Nazi groups and their Islamist allies have gotten very slick. Hiding behind the false mantle of patriotism, they work to undermine our traditional America and allies. They have a lot in common. Both deplore our U.S. Constitution and the concept of individual liberty. They both share the philosophy of tyrannical collectivism.

Maybe they hide behind the rubric of men in the military because they are a bunch of closet gays who get hot over a uniform. More likely, they are a bunch of cowards seeking perverse credibility for their loathsome, unAmerican views.

• ConLibFraud 2011/04/25 01:17:01
    Something else
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    Our troop should be home and on our borders standing by to assist the American citizens from the tyranny of the DC thugs!
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/25 01:46:05 (edited)
    Mike56
    how can you oppose DC tyranny on the border? Do you mean the border of DC? Not to say I also want troops on the border. Soviets had more than million border troops vs. couple thousand US border agents today.
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/25 01:49:20
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    Sorry, I meant, bring the troops home and put them on the borders where they belong. Then they will be here in American when all hell breaks out when We The People finally wake up.
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/25 02:12:57
    Mike56
    I think they belong where the US interests are in jeopardy. Not in Libya, probably.
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/25 02:24:10
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    Really! No - it is time they all come home. America is $14 trillion is debt. Please don't fall for the US interests foreign policy propaganda crap.
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/25 02:34:24 (edited)
    Mike56
    I don't. "Interest" is not waht another lawyer in chief says - it is what helps us to reduce our debt. Bringing back, without thinking is almost the same as sending away without thinking.
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/25 02:39:41
    ConLibFraud
    Without thinking about what?
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/25 02:56:06
    Mike56
    what is better for the country
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/25 13:55:28
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    And bringing home the troops is best for America. We save trillions and get our borders finally protected and stop the illegals madness that is destroying America.
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/25 18:12:36
    Mike56
    To stop the ilegals, you don't need modern weapons.

I've spent most of my life overseas. I do know that if you do not have a beachhead - you lose in global competition. And then, you don't need to protect your borders, since your country becomes poor and nobosy gets attracted to it anymore..
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/25 18:16:03
    ConLibFraud
    I believe you live in a made up world. You think you are the only one who has spent time around the world? When you have the best, your philosophy means nothing. You need to stop with the inferiority complex. It's sickening.
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/25 19:15:27
    Mike56
    "inferiority complex" ----------- could you elaborate, please?

BTW, by the same token, you have bad infrastructure now. Would you advise usinf the troops in the road construction works?

Let me remind you, in the 50s, the American troops were all over the world, and yet, there was no $14 billion debt. Maybe, just maybe, your reasoning is flawed?
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/25 22:39:24
    ConLibFraud
    Go away before I am forced to get out my fly swatter.
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/26 10:32:31
    Mike56
    So, you admit you have no argument.
    And yes, take your swatter and hit yourself in order to curb LibFraud
  • ConLibF... Mike56 2011/04/26 10:35:32
    ConLibFraud
    I don't argue with self absorbed fools.
  • Mike56 ConLibF... 2011/04/26 11:53:51 (edited)
    Mike56
    Then stop talking with yourself while shaving.
  • RobHom 2011/04/24 23:10:06
    There are very few real US veterans posting over there – mostly fringe blogge...
    RobHom
    +1
    I get a sense from reading some of the posters there....that there are a number of aryan nation members in there.... Some may be veterans... (small v used to denote small respect for scumbags) Real Veterans wouldn't brook that crap. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a number of English speaking arabs in there....
  • Mike56 RobHom 2011/04/25 01:43:21
    Mike56
    +1
    Exacly my feelings. They could flock there from the Veteras Today - totally occupied by open Nazis, anti-Semites and Islmist sympathizers.
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2011/04/24 02:15:31
  • DeeB 2011/04/24 00:55:31
    Something else
    DeeB
    +2
    Remember the movie " Wag the Dog"? See this. http://www.brasschecktv.com/p...
  • RobHom DeeB 2011/04/24 23:16:45
    RobHom
    Helluva note isn't it?
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/24 23:34:28
    DeeB
    You lost me! What do you mean?
  • RobHom DeeB 2011/04/24 23:49:52
    RobHom
    +1
    McCain getting so excited about a ragtag bunch of Libyans.... The most inspiring day of his life..... and thinking we need to load them up with arms...they are the only real viable faction in the country.....

We don't even know who is behind them politically.....

I would have thought McCain's most inspiring day was the day he got off the jet after being released by the North Vietnamese!
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/25 00:04:06
    DeeB
    +1
    No kidding huh? You would think that wouldn't you. It's all a sham, they had to send someone that the people might believe. Totally ridiculous. Like I always say when something is unbelievable to me, And I am Princess Di!!
  • RobHom DeeB 2011/04/25 00:05:37
    RobHom
    +1
    Yep...I agree! And I'm the Duke of Earl!!

Do they really think we are that stupid??
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/25 00:09:26
    DeeB
    +1
    That's the funny part, they do!! LOL!!
  • RobHom DeeB 2011/04/25 00:28:24
    RobHom
    +1
    I think soon they will find out differently!!
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/25 00:43:13
    DeeB
    +1
    We can only hope.
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/25 00:10:19
    DeeB
    Hey I'm just happy that we can agree on something!
  • RobHom DeeB 2011/04/25 00:29:05
    RobHom
    +1
    Certainly!! Stranger things have been known to happen...just kidding!
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/25 00:44:27
    DeeB
    But you are absolutely right, stranger things have happened and probably will happen!
  • DeeB RobHom 2011/04/25 00:59:59
    DeeB
    Speaking of McCain I just got a really funny video of him in my mail today. Check this out, it will make you laugh!
    http://www.brasschecktv.com/p...
  • Mike56 RobHom 2011/04/25 01:48:15
    Mike56
    And that is the guy the damn RNC prefered to Romney as a candidate ...
  • Kane Fernau 2011/04/22 19:15:23
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Follow the money.
  • JosephJohnson 2011/04/22 14:24:38
    Something else
    JosephJohnson
    +2
    I have had friends come back from the wars and are ashamed of the things they did there. They know they were not defending freedom, they were doing the bidding of corporate interests!

• Old Sol... JosephJ... 2011/04/22 17:46:34
    Old Soldier
    +3
    I rave only the quality of intent of what is posted, whether I agree or not. Understanding is everything, even in disagreements. That being said….

As to; “I have had friends come back from the wars and are ashamed of the things they did there.”

I did nothing wrong while in Vietnam, but I can agree that the United States should have not gotten involved even though South Vietnam asked their help. Someone that does not finish what they start are a very lousy peace of $hi_ as far as I am concerned. I have an undesirable discharge today because I told my supervisors exactly what I thought of them when I heard the military was pulling out, leaving a bigger mess than it was when they went in.

However, your friends were wrong in the statement; “they were not defending freedom,” Our freedom has been under attack for several years now, but most Americans don’t know that. The attack on the country on 9/11/2001, was only the latest attack on our freedom at that time, and the Middle East countries that say they did not support that attack are a pack of lairs. Looking at the push for the passing of a Muslim religious law in this country speaks volumes in support that it is a lie. I am a Christian, but like the founders of this country, I understand that religious laws in the hands of ...

However, your friends were wrong in the statement; “they were not defending freedom,” Our freedom has been under attack for several years now, but most Americans don’t know that. The attack on the country on 9/11/2001, was only the latest attack on our freedom at that time, and the Middle East countries that say they did not support that attack are a pack of lairs. Looking at the push for the passing of a Muslim religious law in this country speaks volumes in support that it is a lie. I am a Christian, but like the founders of this country, I understand that religious laws in the hands of people are dangerous. A leader that supports such an arrangement soon gets the idea that he is God, and that is a lie of the greatest magnitude.

No, your friends did what was right under the laws of this country, however misguided they may be. One should obey the law, but then, if we are in a mess now, whose fault is it? To get down to the real nitty-gritty (as we said in my younger days), the real freedom of a country depends as much on the character and habits of the people as on a written constitution. Our founding fathers gave us leave to solicit the weight of their example, with authority and influence in opposition to the mistaken notions and vices which now threatens our liberties. It is in the favor of the principles and virtues, which are indispensable to our freedom and happiness that we should enrich.

Good examples act with the greater effect, because it reproves without upbraiding, and teaches us to correct our faults without giving us the mortification of knowing that any but ourselves, have ever observed them. We feel the force of counsel or persuasion much more sensibly, when we see that one does what he advises or requires us to do. But the best counsel from one, who obeys not his own precepts, nor practices upon the principles of his own advice, will generally be little regarded. As I did in 1971, I do not believe a man to be in earnest, who advises one thing, and does the contrary.

To resist the progress of irreligion, injustice, luxury, selfishness, and an impatience of legal restraint, is a duty imposed by patriotism. And I hope my highly esteemed hearers feel their obligation to recommend by their own example piety, justice, economy, public spirit, an attachment to our constitution, and a cheerful submission to its laws, as essential to our political happiness. The influence of their example is the more necessary at the present day, because an attachment to old opinions and old customs, which once exercised an almost boundless sway over the human mind, has lost a great part of its power, and has given place to a passion for innovation, which rejects whatever is old fashioned, with as little reason and as little examination as prejudice formerly retained it. This passion, when indulged will, as we are witnessing today, prostrate the religious, moral and political principles, which are the bulwarks of our freedom.
  • JosephJ... Old Sol... 2011/04/22 17:56:28
    JosephJohnson
    +2
    Well, thank you for your service! I do appreciate the men and women who serve our great country. My friends are not wrong in their feelings though, they were there, we were not.

As many others who seek the truth, I do not believe 9/11 was a result of muslim hate but to further some agenda by our own government. Too many facts support that.
  • Old Sol... JosephJ... 2011/04/23 04:17:52
    Old Soldier
    +1
    Our government is what we make it, as I stated above; "I do not believe a man to be in earnest, who advises one thing, and does the contrary."

This is a pattern in all politicians of the last thirty years, and has a spotted history throughout the proceeding seventy years. I don't question incompetent men, but those that elect them. This last election was a joke, for the people did not do what they said they would, and until the people can tell and do the truths they say they stand in, they are no better than the elected officials.

This ties directly in with; "the real freedom of a country depends as much on the character and habits of the people as on a written constitution." Why? Because the people are the owners of the government, but the government has been pushing the people away for the last hundred years. Until the people get down right nasty with their elected officials, then it stands to reason that the people, like their representatives, "advises one thing, and does the contrary."

I can't condone that, and thought I vote, I know that most people vote for the one their party tells them to vote for instead of checking the running history, along the lines of the truthfulness, of the politician in question. I am an independent, and that means exactly what it says, “...

I can't condone that, and thought I vote, I know that most people vote for the one their party tells them to vote for instead of checking the running history, along the lines of the truthfulness, of the politician in question. I am an independent, and that means exactly what it says, “INDEPENDENT”, I do my own thinking.

I can give you the picture of an honest man through one great President, Harry Truman. When offered corporate positions at large salaries, he declined, stating, "You don't want me. You want the office of the president, and that doesn't belong to me. It belongs to the American people and it's not for sale." Later, on May 6, 1971, when Congress was preparing to award him the Medal of Honor on his 87th birthday, he refused to accept it, writing, "I don't consider that I have done anything which should be the reason for any award, Congressional or otherwise."

I really love the man, he was one to say it like it was. About the time that Congress tried to put him in the spotlight, he observed, "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."
  • Mike56 JosephJ... 2011/04/23 07:33:15
    Mike56
    "My friends are not wrong in their feelings though" ----------- depends on where and who they got their feelings from. Maybe from you. My friends were also their - and their interpretation is different. Are they wrong?

Much more facts plus logic makes your 911 conspiracy theory ridiculous at best if not the second wave of attack, designed by the same Islamo-Nazis who ordered the 9/11 attack.
  • JosephJ... Mike56 2011/04/23 15:42:24
    JosephJohnson
    +1
    Ya my friends and family who were in the middle of this war got their opinions from me?! That's just ignorant! There are alot of soldiers with alot of different opinions but don't take my word for it look it up yourself...

9/11 conspiracy? I worked in a shop making steel support beams for construction companies all over the country, who built schools, churches, and office buildings. Wtc 1 and 2 were built to with stand several impacts from planes using very large beams as a cage around the center of the buildings. The debris left over from the collapsed wtc had molten steel 5 weeks after the collapse? Jet fuel will never melt steel... The beams were cut at angles just like when the use of thermite in demolition, they came down at free fall speed and the debris left over from the beams were small enough to fit into the trucks just like they do in demolition. Building 7 had a command center built inside of it to be used as a government HQ should we ever get nuked, but it fell from a simple fire? These are facts, you can't change physics but I guess it is just a theory since all evidence was conveniently covered up... A good reason to go to war though...Oh and some of the supposed hijackers are alive and well in the Middle East.

2014/07/30 20:28:50