Why did Barack and Michelle give up their law licenses?

sweetpepper 2010/03/29 23:15:52
They BOTH voluntarily gave up their law licenses.......WHY?
Michelle Obama has no law license. This struck me as odd, since (a) she went to school to be a lawyer, and (b) she just recently held a position with the University of Chicago Hospitals as legal counsel — and that’s a pretty hard job to qualify for without a law license.
But being a licensed professional myself, i knew that every state not only requires licensure, they make it possible to check online the status of any licensed professional. So I did, and here’s the results from theARDC Website:
She “voluntarily surrendered” her license in 1993. Let me explain what that means. A “Voluntary Surrender” is not something where you decide “Gee, a license is not really something i need anymore, is it?” and forget to renew your license. No, a “Voluntary Surrender” is something you do when you’ve been accused of something, and you ‘voluntarily surrender” your license about five seconds before the state suspends (or disbars) you.
I tried looking up why she would “Voluntarily surrender” her licese, but Illinois does not have it’s 1993 records online.
But when I searched for “Obama”, I found this:
“Voluntarily retired” — what does that mean? Bill Clinton hung onto his law license until he was convicted of making a false statement in the Lewinsky case and had to “Voluntarily Surrender” his license too.
This is the former editor of the Harvard Law Review who doesn’t seem to give a crap about his law license.
Something else odd; while the Search feature brings up the names, any seaches for the Disciplinary actions ends quicky.
As in, Too Quickly. Less than a half-second quickly on a Search Engine that can take five seconds to Search for anything.
Read more: http://jdlong.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/pres-barack...

• Kathy Gutman 2012/04/24 03:18:02
    Kathy Gutman
    Wonder if it had anything to do with her and Valerie Jarretts patient dumping?
  • flaca BN-0 2010/03/29 23:28:12 (edited)
    flaca BN-0
    Law licenses have to be renewed regularly. You can let it lapse if you don't need to use it (as neither she nor he need to at present) and then renew it when you intend to practise law. They weren't dropped. They didn't lose their licenses. They have temporarily left them unrenewed.
  • Jester flaca BN-0 2010/03/29 23:33:50 (edited)
    Jester
    +2
    You obviously know dick about the illustrious legal back ground of Michelle Obama then.

She was charged by the ARDC
  • sweetpe... Jester 2010/03/29 23:47:00
    sweetpepper
    You got it! Why has this notbeen reported on?? Neither of them have a license to practice law! Sarah Palin has more sheeps skin than they do!
  • flaca BN-0 Jester 2010/03/29 23:54:26
    flaca BN-0
    for what?
  • Jester flaca BN-0 2010/03/29 23:55:45
    Jester
    +3
    Get on Lexis Nexis and read all about it. I am not the associated press. Wait, now that I think about it, the associated press would likely not report it.
  • flaca BN-0 Jester 2010/03/30 00:01:03
    flaca BN-0
    you mean I have to google........where's the fun in that LOL
  • sweetpe... flaca BN-0 2010/03/29 23:45:25
    sweetpepper
    LIE, they both voluntarily dropped their licenses, because they were being investigated!
  • I-Hate-... flaca BN-0 2011/10/11 04:31:45
    I-Hate-Idiots
    +2
    Before you think Michelle just surrendered her law license because she didn't need it anymore, then why didn't she surrender her driver's license too now that she has chauffeurs driving her around and the Air Force 1 busing her around the country and the world? Will you surrender your driver's license just because you can take the subway now instead of driving? Or will anyone surrender their driver's license with the reason: "well, I don't need to drive now...and I just don't want to pay for the renewal fees..."??? You will only surrender your driver's license because you have no better choice....This is even more so with professional licenses. A lot of doctors and lawyers still keep their licenses even in their 80s and retired. Whatever Michelle's reason for her voluntarily surrender is, it is definitely not pretty.
  • flaca BN-0 I-Hate-... 2011/10/11 04:49:12
    flaca BN-0
    you don't know diddlysquat about the law obviously. Go back to your day job (I assume it's a lot less taxing than the law: are you even intelligent enough to practice law?) Why don't you research previous first ladies and see what they did. Michelle didn't even want to be first lady. She's smart and had her own career. Most first ladies never did anything. She at least was a top lawyer.
  • Lesismor flaca BN-0 2012/04/14 02:02:15
  • SunShine flaca BN-0 2014/03/09 08:29:57
    SunShine
    you have some proof of that of course............

2014/07/31 07:28:55