Why cant Liberals admit it when they make a mistake?

BrianD3 2012/06/12 11:27:43
Last week I had a poll where I inadvertently got a fact wrong. A liberal called me on it and I immediatly accepted the criticism and appologized for the error. BUT, he also made a similar error and a week later still has not acknowledged it. http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/president-blames-a-cong...

Why is it that Liberals are so damn eager to bust our balls when we get something wrong but do not have the balls themselves to admit when they goof up?

• Lily 2012/06/12 11:50:51
    Off topic and highly sarcastic comment
    Lily
    +3
    Wish there had been a "other" selection but I will make this work. Why can't anyone or any group admit when they are wrong? Better yet, why won't they fix said wrong?
  • Brian 2012/06/12 11:47:20
    Typica Liberal double standard
    Brian
    +8
    To admit mistakes requires a spine!
  • ProudProgressive 2012/06/12 11:43:29
    Off topic and highly sarcastic comment
    ProudProgressive
    +4
    When the Conservatives apologize for Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, 9/11, the war in Iraq, the Great Recession, union busting, the war on women, christian extremism, stand your ground laws, and the Tea Party, then we'll talk.
  • MorbidC... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 12:06:32 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    +7
    Conservatives don't have to apologize for any of that. And Christian extremism has been promoted by authoritarians, not conservatives. And it was islamofascists that attacked us on 9/11, not conservatives. And it is mainly liberals who caused the great recession.
  • ProudPr... MorbidC... 2012/06/12 12:24:00
    ProudProgressive
    Yes, Islamic extremists attacked us, but it was the Bush Administration that let it happen, and it was the Bush Administration that spent seven years doing everything they could think of to avoid bringing Osama bin Laden to justice while wasting thousands of American lives in wars that were meaningless.
  • MorbidC... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 13:12:01 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    +3
    The Bush administration didn't let 9/11 happen, islamofascists were planning to attack us in the 90's but the clinton administration did nothing about it. And it was Bush/Cheney who kept us safe from islamofascists after the attack, though they still couldv'e done better.
  • ProudPr... MorbidC... 2012/06/12 15:01:41
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Yeah, the doctor did a great job except that the patient died. Bill Clinton actually DID keep our soil safe, and set up an intelligence network to track down bin Laden. One of the FIRST things Bush did when he came in was to take our focus off of bin Laden and Al Qaeda and devote all his efforts into coming up with a reason to invade Iraq. The Clinton Administration WARNED the new people to keep their eye on al Qaeda but they were all ignored, including Richard Clarke, probably the single leading expert on terrorism in the country. And even you can't say with a straight face that if your own CIA told you that bin Laden was planning a major attack on U.S. soil that your response would be to go on vacation for a month.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/...
  • MorbidC... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 15:03:23
    MorbidCynic
    +2
    More liberal bullsh*t.
  • Lerro D... MorbidC... 2012/06/12 16:53:36
    Lerro DeHazel
    Well, of course, what I asked them to do is to just simply leave a Mushroom Cloud over Mecca that will burn piping-hot for the next 75-years, but they both backed-out of that. Hence, we are subject to be struck again. It's not so much where; but WHEN(?) . . .
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/06/12 12:08:56
    Evil 1
    +6
    And when the Liberals apologize for Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, the economic meltdown and continued recession, ACORN, SEIU, the failed bailouts, union cronyism, extreme atheism, trying to take away citizens rights to protect themselves and the OWS then we might be able to talk.

Also, nice tap dancing around the question of this post.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/06/12 12:22:08 (edited)
    ProudProgressive
    We have nothing to apologize for regarding Carter, Clinton or President Obama. You caused the economic meltdown and continued recession, Acorn was targeted by the conservatives as part of their voter suppression efforts and has never been convicted of causing a single illegal vote to be cast anywhere in the United States, the SEIU is a group of working Americans who have been targeted by the Right as part of the class warfare that Ronald Reagan began, most of the bailouts (AIG, TARP, etc.) were Bush's baby, and they didn't exactly fail, although they were pretty short sighted (as opposed to loans to the auto industry that not only worked but have been paid back with interest), "union cronyism" is a right wing talking point that never worked in the first place, I don't know what "extreme athiesm" is but athiesm is protected by the Constitution, no one is trying to take away citizens' rights to protect themselve, but sane people are trying to stop the next George Zimmerman from targeting an innocent black kid because he can, and Occupy Wall Street is working in your best interests as well as mine, unless you happen to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

You can say thank you now.
  • MorbidC... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 13:14:24 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    +4
    Typical liberal hypocrisy, expect conservatives to apologize for everything that goes wrong when they have more control but when liberals have more control don't expect them to apologize for anything that goes wrong.
  • ProudPr... MorbidC... 2012/06/12 15:03:29
    ProudProgressive
    Control? With more filibusters than in the previous ten administrations combined? More "secret holds" than ever in history? With Citizens United empowering Republicans to buy elections the way they did in Wisconsin?
  • MorbidC... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 15:04:41 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    +1
    Liberals do all that the most yet people like you don't give a fu*k.
  • tommyg ... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 16:02:48
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    I thought the voters in WI spoke fair and square.
  • ProudPr... tommyg ... 2012/06/12 18:41:11
    ProudProgressive
    The more I hear, the more I'm questioning the results, tommy. There are a number of disturbing reports questioning the accuracy of the reported totals. It's a little odd, to say the least, that every poll from either side was calling the race as neck and neck, there were a flood of same day registrations, the majority of which were anti-Walker votes, and yet they called the race for Walker about ten minutes after the polls closed. And given that Wisconsin has a history of manipulating election results (remember when they "found" 14,000 votes to keep the most conservative Judge on the Wisconsin Court in office after the preliminary results showed him losing by about 12,000 votes?) I can't say that the reported results are an accurate reflection of anything. I'm willing to accept that the results are the results and Walker is still governor, but I can't say I have the slightest confidence that the vote totals released were accurate.
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/06/12 13:23:18
    Evil 1
    +2
    No as a thank you is not appropriate. More appropriate would be LOL at the blatant BS you posted. Even more approprioate would be "I'm sorry for you and your inability to reason and deal with facts."
  • Lerro D... Evil 1 2012/06/12 17:06:05
    Lerro DeHazel
    +1
    Do you mean that one can ACTUALLY APOLOGIZE for Jimmy Carter? Wouldn't that be about the same thing as apologizing for the eating-habits of a stagnant pond snail? . . . BTW, in case you weren't aware; the Stagnant Pond Snail is a freshwater snail that lives in ponds, lakes, and marshes. It has a tan or pinkish shell which spirals to a point. It grows about two inches long. These animals spend most of their time sliding along the bottom looking for food. They are scavengers that eat mostly plants, but also dead plant and animal matter. Snails leave a slime trail everywhere they go, even underwater snails. Debris (tiny bits of dead stuff floating around ) on the pond bottom, and tiny microscopic organisms get trapped in the slime. Later, when the snail returns to the slime path, it munches the things stuck in it.

LOL
  • Evil 1 Lerro D... 2012/06/12 17:12:55
    Evil 1
    +1
    That's a very fitting comparison!
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/06/12 18:43:00
    ProudProgressive
    Now that's really not fair. I agree that Carter was far from our greatest President, but he was a decent, honorable man who simply didn't do that great a job.
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/06/12 18:55:46
    Evil 1
    +1
    I found Carter to be far from decent and honorable. Read some biographies on him. One imparticular is a book by the secret service agent who was assigned to him and his family. Carter was a not a nice individual. And saying he didn't do a great job is an understatement. He was a complete failure.
  • tommyg ... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 19:53:48
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    So was Bush II
  • Lady Wh... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 13:00:20
    +2
    THANK YOU!!!
  • Wilde~M... ProudPr... 2012/06/12 18:51:39
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    Nice!
    That's liberals for you! Do what I say....not what I do
    +7
    Because they are trying to argue a basic position having no foundation in logic. So they try to throw things at you too fast to check them out. And they know that one mistake will start people thinking about another, and another, and then get to the fundamental premise. Guilty consciences are always fearful.
  • Off topic and highly sarcastic comment
    Jersey Roze ♥Jwon's Cyar'ika ♥
    +4
    Actually, its the individual, not his or her views. Classifications as these are ridiculous. There are many Conservatives who can't admit they are wrong too. And their are many Conservatives, especially here, who don't think they are ever wrong. Oh, and if you think this is sarcasm, you don't know me very well...
  • BrianD3 Jersey ... 2012/06/12 11:35:08
    BrianD3
    +4
    your point is taken. I include this choice for I know I will ALWAYS get a few off topic comments. thanks
  • Jersey ... BrianD3 2012/06/12 11:55:26
    Jersey Roze ♥Jwon's Cyar'ika ♥
    +2
    You didn't include a choice for people who disagree though. You're welcome...
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/06/12 11:30:27
    Liberals are never wrong.......LMAO
    Christopher Kirchen
    +7
    They think they are the only smart people; they never think conservatives may be intelligent.
  • Willski Christo... 2012/06/12 13:59:16
    Willski
    To clarrify, i'm not a liberal. Just like to put that out there.
    But just because a conservative may be intelligent doesn't mean he or she is right.
    (I'll make an assumption that you're conservative, if you're not replace the "you" in the following sentence with "a conservative", or whatever carries that sentiment and maintains gramatic integrity.)
    Additionally can you honestly say you always admit when you're wrong?
    Oh, and i'll know if you're lying, any human who says "yes" is.

2014/11/24 18:02:04