Why are we taking God out of everything? God is the one person that made all of us and I ask why?

angel 2008/10/23 13:39:26

• Kelly~Saved "In God We Trust" 2008/10/23 13:42:27
    You can see the signs that are all over We need to get on are knees and pray...
    Kelly~Saved "In God We Trust"
    +3
    I think that the only thing that we can do is to pray that people will find God and accept Him into their hearts :) pray world turn god forgiveness pray people god accept hearts

• rivergem 2008/12/03 21:49:26
    rivergem
    You know I can not say that the higher spirit name is GOD. But I am a firm believer that there is a higher power that over see what and who we are. Thus higher power knows are needs and provides in a good way. And yes I too have had unanswered prayers that for a long time made my walk a walk less fortunate. But as I remember there is a reason as to why these prayers are unanswered cause once you turn the corner you will see.
  • Jeremia... rivergem 2009/11/30 21:39:54
    Jeremiah Johns
    I dont understand why people dont believe in God i mean He is the one and only one who created us. He is the reason that we are all here and the reason that this earth is here. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and i know that He is coming back again one day for all of His children and i pray for those who are not saved because eternity is a very long time and i dont want anyone to have to spend it in hell all because they refused to believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God is real because there are many signs that He is. But not only that but i also know that He is real because i can feel Him in my heart and i know that He is with me every single day.
  • Divided States of America 2008/11/02 23:36:14
    We need God in this country , cause we are failing and the end is coming ver...
    Divided States of America
    You should have provided more answers.

I'm not sure why it is some just hate the thought of someone believing in something they don't. I'm not realy religious ,but could care less if others are.I certainly feel it helps many be better people.
  • Jeff 2008/10/25 00:29:43
    Jeff
    +1
    Uh... this is awkward... but uh... my mom and dad made me actually. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a threesome.
  • Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist 2008/10/24 13:39:51
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    +2
    By the way, I only chose an answer because I had to to comment. THERE IS NO GOD!! I shouldn't have to deal with your god in my life one bit. Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself!!!
  • angel Ravenho... 2008/10/24 21:35:42
    angel
    I will pray for you, and one day you will see that I'm right that there is a God then you will wish you have believed this
  • frearis... Ravenho... 2008/10/26 15:41:46
    frearisugly
    Also god id not a person,or what ever it is ...
  • Child of light 2008/10/24 03:23:31
    Child of light
    We are taking God out of this country because people don't want God in their life. People want to live their life knowing that God's not real and that they won't be punished in hell. No one wants anything to do with Him because they hate Him. They want to be free all their life with no guilt of sins. Because they hate God, people created many other religions and they also created the theory of evolution.
  • that0neguy Child o... 2008/10/24 13:15:52
    that0neguy
    +1
    I don't hate god.

I'm just very skeptical of the existence of god. There isn't even a justification for the belief in god.

Also, just so you know, evolution is fact. We know evolution is taking place, we just don't know how. There is plenty of evidence in regards to that.
  • angel that0neguy 2008/10/26 18:39:02
    angel
    There is no such thing as evolution, we didn't come from monkeys! The people that believe in evolution their minds are just are not right. People want you to believe there is such a thing about evolution. There is a God and one day you will see and all this time the christian peolpe were right about what they are saying! The is a real God and I hate for the people that believe in evolution should be ashamed of theirselves. God made Adam and then God made eve that how that was.
  • that0neguy angel 2008/10/26 18:49:55
    that0neguy
    You're right, we didn't come from monkeys. Although, if you weren't ignorant, you would actually do some research as opposed to holding a belief you can't actually justify. It's obvious you know nothing on the matter.

Don't try to threaten me with this "one day you will face God" nonsense.

Go back to school.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/20 18:44:53
    Soul Armor
    +1
    Look that0neguy,
    your telling angel to go back to school and that there is plenty of evidence that evolution is the right way to go. how about you check your sources. In Darwin's book "Origin of Species" he admits that if any type of complex organism which could not be broken down into small slight or numerous modifications, then his entire hypothesis would be broken down. There are hundreds that can be found in Behe's "Darwins Black Box." Most famous the Ecoli Bacteria.
    In Darwin's time, there was a lack of fossils that proved his theory but he predicted that we would find them soon. So we are almost 130 years and over 250000 types of fossils later and we actually have less evidence than before.
    So with all respect, why don't you go back do some research as opposed to holding a belief that you can't actually justify. It is obvious that YOU know nothing on the matter. I don't threaten you with a one day you will face God, i'm begging you. please open your eyes and see the facts. God is here and can be backed up.

Go back to Church.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/20 21:17:29
    that0neguy
    You do know evolution is fact, right? Furthermore, the evidence you speak of, yeah, that hasn't been found, but there is plenty more evidence that _does_ support the Theory of Evolution.

I have yet to see you back up god's existence with anything. You can't prove a negative. You've only managed to bring up some gaps in the Theory of Evolution. Not to be confused with just Evolution.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/20 22:28:42
    Soul Armor
    +2
    Evolution is a theory. It is not a fact whatsoever. for something to become a fact it has to be proven, and the so called "missing link" has yet to be found. while acknowledging that there is a possibility that it MAY be found at some point in the future, it is still not a fact. the only reason they teach it in schools is because of the separation of Church and State laws. They are not allowed to teach anything else, despite what they believe. those laws were actually invented in order to keep the government out of the Church. but all this is besides the point.

what other evidence supports Evolution?
    are you talking about the fact that it occurs around us everyday? well yes, it does. Evolution does take place at a glacial path each day. but it isn't macroevolution. it is microevolution. micro is the differences between say all the dog or cat species in the world.

or maybe you are talking about Miller's experiment in which life was supposedly created by mixing Ammonia methane and hydrogen and running electricity through it to stimulate lightning? Well i hate to tell you but the experiment was stacked. in the environment that he was trying to create, those chemicals didn't exist. as research by NASA (1980) has shown, the early Earth's environment was composed of water, carbon dio...

what other evidence supports Evolution?

or maybe you are talking about Miller's experiment in which life was supposedly created by mixing Ammonia methane and hydrogen and running electricity through it to stimulate lightning? Well i hate to tell you but the experiment was stacked. in the environment that he was trying to create, those chemicals didn't exist. as research by NASA (1980) has shown, the early Earth's environment was composed of water, carbon dioxide and nitrogen. none of these chemicals could possibly create the amino acids and Both Miller and Oparin knew that. however they knew that by twisting the odds in their favor a bit, it would seem monumental. the credibility of that experiment today is 100% negligible. It truly is a shame that school must teach children this misleading information.

Evolution is simply popular because A) it is forced and B) it is the only other explanation to how life originated. Evolution is not as scientifically solid as many people would like to think, it is full of rushed information, false assumptions and misleading information all presented in an intellectual sounding way, not to mention that the scientist involved set out to discover what they already had in mind. meaning that any scientist that sets out with the notion that they will not find God, won't find Him as they aren't looking. So, No. Evolution is not a fact. Not the Theory. Not just Evolution.

As for proof of God, i could list ten thousand things, with ten pages worth on each. I think simply that we are here is one. The chances that you and I are talking on whatever this pages is, both breathing, both blinking and both existing on a planet that did not engulf itself in flames is less that One with way over a trillion trillion trillion billion billion zeros after it (and i'm not exaggerating in the slightest). and even if we were here by that chance, there would be absolutely no consistency. No pattens. No natural laws. This all is fact.

ok so, proving God huh? Well, I'm not sure that I would even want to, but even if I did it would be impossible to test something that is beyond space, beyond time and is eternal, that would be the ultimate quasi-experiment. Luckily for both of us though, He became these things roughly 2010 years ago. Jesus has been proven to exist. Collaborative evidence emerged from a time when Christians were hated, countless documents (with verified credibility), a massive scale change in religious customs of the Jews, even some physical evidence. Miracles occurred, people's lives were changed. and a resurrection took place. The empty took also has been proven too. with all the apostles stating that Jesus had risen, think how easy it would have been for ANY persecutor to point to the tomb and say "no he isn't! He is right here!!" With Roman guards under penalty of death to make sure that the Deciples didn't steal the body. Martyrs as well. Would Stephen have really laid down his life for a falsehood? He would have been right there with them if the Deciples had stolen the body. I could go on and on. Even atheist who make it their job to debate this type stuff, the ones who take it seriously accept the proof that Jesus did exist.

So once again that0neguy, i'm begging you to open your eyes and look at the evidence around you. My heart really goes out for you, I can't imagine how it must feel to live in a seemingly cold life. No Greater force that has your back at all times. Is there ever a time when you wish more purpose and meaning? I know you do man. I'm not expecting you to get down on your knees right now and start praying, but hopefully I have opened your eyes that these "facts" aren't as solid as you think and you will look at things with a little criticism now. sounds like how most people view Christianity. but in all honesty, i don't have enough faith to not believe in God.

You seem like a cool guy, and I would love to meet you in Heaven one day, but in order for that to happen, you have to accept God. good luck to you and i sincerely hope that you find the Truth.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/21 09:55:36
    that0neguy
    You know gravity is a theory, right?

You do know what evolution is, right?
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/21 14:43:48 (edited)
    Soul Armor
    +1
    Gravity isn't a theory as it can be proven. you can prove to someone that if you let go of a ball it will fall.

It is impossible to do that with evolution, and obviously i know what evolution is as i just wrote pretty specific evidence refuting it. However I'm not going to play this game anymore as you don't seem to be taking this seriously. I see that you have listed yourself as an Agnostic. You do realize that an Agnostic actually does believe in God, just they think that He can't be proven either way. Agnosticism is often confused with Skepticism. on a different note, there is a saying, "Would you rather be right, or happy?" for the finial time i beg you to stop thinking that you are right, and just imagine the possibility that you are wrong. That there is a God and you have been ignoring him. Imagine, (not threatening you) that on your Judgement Day, you realize that you made the wrong choice. Where as if you did choose to believe in God, and you were wrong, what worse off were you? Is following a few extra morals really worth risking an eternity in Hell? I'm not going to sit here debating evolution with you as you already seem to have made your decision. And just as the scientist before you found what they were looking for when they approached the matter with a close mind...

It is impossible to do that with evolution, and obviously i know what evolution is as i just wrote pretty specific evidence refuting it. However I'm not going to play this game anymore as you don't seem to be taking this seriously. I see that you have listed yourself as an Agnostic. You do realize that an Agnostic actually does believe in God, just they think that He can't be proven either way. Agnosticism is often confused with Skepticism. on a different note, there is a saying, "Would you rather be right, or happy?" for the finial time i beg you to stop thinking that you are right, and just imagine the possibility that you are wrong. That there is a God and you have been ignoring him. Imagine, (not threatening you) that on your Judgement Day, you realize that you made the wrong choice. Where as if you did choose to believe in God, and you were wrong, what worse off were you? Is following a few extra morals really worth risking an eternity in Hell? I'm not going to sit here debating evolution with you as you already seem to have made your decision. And just as the scientist before you found what they were looking for when they approached the matter with a close mind, i fear that you will do the same. If Christianity is as ridiculous as you claim, then why not approach it with an unbiased, open mind? Find the research and information yourself. You don't ever have to tell me or anyone else what you discovered. Thats what I did. So maybe you won't find the same conclusion as the other scientist. Maybe God will do a huge work in your heart, you just have to keep it open and you will see. Money back guarantee. All the luck in the world to you.
    God Bless,
    Soul Armor

p.s. To all the others who are reading this I hope I helped you in some way or another.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/21 19:12:43
    that0neguy
    Yeah, you're completely lost here.

Evolution has also been proven. You should really look up the word.

You have a problem with Natural Selection, not evolution.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/21 21:31:09
    Soul Armor
    +2
    evolution |ˌevəˈloō sh ən|
    noun
    1 the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth

what dictionary are you using? THOUGHT
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/21 21:40:44
    that0neguy
    No, get a science text book.

Evolution is a genetic variance in a population over time.

It's been observed. It is fact. Get over yourself.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/21 21:58:28 (edited)
    Soul Armor
    +3
    just because something is observed doesn't mean it is true. Evolution is a genetic variance in a population over time. along the same line of credibility: A Unicorn is a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead. You don't seem to know on this subject other than what was taught in high school. It honestly is like trying to argue with a toddler.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/22 01:51:00
    that0neguy
    You're obviously a moron.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/22 02:19:10
    Soul Armor
    +1
    Clearly. Why don't you enlighten me with your dazzling intellect instead of resorting to childish name calling? You have yet to provide a shred of evidence for evolution other that clinging to your dissolving claim that evolution is a fact. Why? Because you read it in a text book. So by all means, why is evolution a fact?
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/22 03:02:08
    that0neguy
    You still haven't figured it out. Evolution is fact, it's the theories you are refuting.

We know it's happening. We just don't know how. Evolution is regarded as fact. Don't be stupid.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/22 03:16:31
    Soul Armor
    +2
    You are using the exact same logic as the people you are criticizing. We know God exist, we don't know how. How do we know that you are any more correct that Christianity? You are reducing evolution down to a matter of opinion, your personal opinion. Evolution is not regarded as a fact, it is taught in a misleading way to appear as such. And looking at all things in a equal light is not stupid. It prevents people from swallowing every word that is on the news, or written in a text book.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/22 03:23:45
    that0neguy
    Your logic fails you. Evolution has been observed, where God has not.

It's not a personal opinion, you're just refuting it out of disagreement because you want to believe god did it all.

Not my problem. Go ahead and tell me how closed-minded I am, but you're wrong regardless. Read something other than the bible.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/22 03:33:03 (edited)
    Soul Armor
    like countless biology/astrology books? written by both Christians and non-Christians alike? Strange enough they all seem to say that microevolution has been observed, not macroevolution. and actually i didn't want to believe God did it for a very long time, however the overwhelming evidence that points towards Him convinced me. Maybe your not closed minded. Maybe you have examined this matter far deeply than i could ever imagine. If so than we are sharing our findings, and after all isn't that the point of websites like this? But if you haven't then i would highly suggest approaching things with an more open mind.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/22 04:40:22
    that0neguy
    You're clueless, helpless, and you're point is moot.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/22 05:29:54 (edited)
    Soul Armor
    Still i see absolutely no evidence. You have offered no proof to anything which you claim to be true. You are merely bullying in order to try to get your point across. I'm offering proven accepted scientific facts and all your doing is insulting me. Is this your way of saying that you have no response? you cling only to petty name calling and opinions.
    however i deeply feel for you. I don't pity you, and i don't condescend you, but i deeply regret for you. and i honestly and wholly pray that you will find your Truth.
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/22 06:00:43
    that0neguy
    Your rhetoric is weak, and it's not my fault you don't seem to understand the difference between the theories of evolution and evolution.

Evolution is fact. Natural Selection is a theory about how evolution works. Evolution has been observed, there is mountains of evidence. If you can't admit that there is genetic variance in a population over time, well, you're blind.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/22 12:56:19
    Soul Armor
    look buddy, your still claiming to this "fact". your flaunting your ignorance of the subject. try to understand this: just because something is observed doesn't make it a fact. where is this mountains of evidence? show me some! show me some creditable valid scientific evidence that undisputedly proves evolution is a fact. (and just by saying that it is observed doesn't work for this)
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/22 18:25:23
    that0neguy
    Not my fault you don't know your science. Go look it up, dummy.
  • Soul Armor that0neguy 2010/02/22 23:31:17
    Soul Armor
    Again with the name calling, are we seven? your responses seem to paint that picture. once more i say, you have not backed any of your views with evidence of any kind. you haven't even defined your terms! You claim that evolution is a fact and I am poking holes in the theory of evolution. you seem to think that the theory of evolution is whether or not we have evolved from older organisms. and you seem to define evolution as genetic variance. obviously there is a difference between a Labrador and a Brittany. i have absolutely no problem with that. However, you have mis-defiened your terms. evolution is the whole thing and what you are doing by trying to separate the two is weak. evidently what you you are claiming to as "evolution" is merely microevolution which has been observed. and as a future note, you may want to try a more sophisticated way to look up your evidence besides googling it. while microevolution is accepted, evolution is a tragically false view of how we came to be and i greatly regret that it is such today.

i wonder, you seem to think yourself as an intellectual, you get up on your high horse and think of us mere mortals as not worthy of your brainpower. but i'm not here for personal attacks and i apologize. i am here to defend the beliefs that we Christians ...

i wonder, you seem to think yourself as an intellectual, you get up on your high horse and think of us mere mortals as not worthy of your brainpower. but i'm not here for personal attacks and i apologize. i am here to defend the beliefs that we Christians apparently "can't hold a candle to." i feel as though i have made my point abundantly clear and it is totally your choice to leave it or take it, although i encourage you to do the latter. i have provided logically historically and scientifically sound information. you have not. I have presented my case in an intelligent and purposeful manner. you have not. God has shown up in a meaningful way in people's lives over and over again, where evolution (not to be confused with microevolution) has been scientifically torn apart by people with enough brains to look at things critically. To quote president Reagan, "(Evolution) is a theory. It is a scientific theory only, and it has in recent years been challenged in the world of science--that is, not believed in the scientific community to be as infallible as it once was." there is not a single scientific find in the world that points away from God, only people who misinterpret them. as you are determined to not open you eyes i will not be responding to these post anymore and deleting putting this account as inactive hopefully the others who are reading this i have shown that we CAN back our beliefs. I want this to be abundantly clear that i am not running away from your challenge. Think of it more as victoriously walking away with the 1st place trophy. You have been completely obliterated in this little competition we have been debating in. Jesus tells us to Love our God with all our hearts souls and with all our minds. I am a Christian. I have, can and will defend my Faith at all cost. and you sir, have been owned. Any post, names, or retorts you reply would be the equivalent of shouting to yourself in a empty room, a very sad image indeed. i pray that you will find your way,

Peace and Love,
    Soul Armor
    Defender of the Faith
  • that0neguy Soul Armor 2010/02/23 04:45:58
    that0neguy
    Do you think this is a word contest? It's not my fault you don't know your science.

Quit being stupid.
  • Jim 2008/10/24 02:39:39
    Jim
    +2
    The Constitution of the United States was written assuming the people would always reverence God and His principles. Today there are millions in this country who have no regard for God and do not want to be reminded of Him because any mention of God is a reminder of their sin filled life.Therefore they are exploiting the Constitution in ways never imagined or intended, and demanding God be removed from more and more of our everyday lives.

I believe the time will come when the King James Bible will be outlawed as an instrument of hate. Crosses will be banished and public prayer will be illegal.
    Now is the time for Christians to hide the Word of God in their hearts and mind because if you find yourself sitting in a prison camp, knowing the Word can be a great strength and comfort.
  • B 2008/10/23 22:42:10
    B
    these are the days of sorrows it's all there for those who choose to see, no more fence stradling boys and girls He is calling you now to His will
  • Remarkable 2008/10/23 19:51:59 (edited)
    Remarkable
    +1
    I agree with both. I know that's right, God is our creator and many of us have forgotten. I haven't Lord continue to bless your children. The only thing left to do now is pray that God come into the hearts of the unbelievers and unjust.
  • PeachyKeen0613 2008/10/23 17:55:26
    PeachyKeen0613
    +2
    I would like to have chosen both answers! :) I don't understand why God is being taken out either. I don't think alot of people like to think about God right now b/c of what's happening. There's signs everywhere that Revelation is coming soon. In fact, I believe we're already in the midst of it. And I think it scares alot of people. But they should be turning TO God...not running away from him.
  • Sociali... PeachyK... 2008/10/23 19:46:50
    Socialite Lola
    +1
    This is a perfect example of religious extremism. The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ace~Mr.Giantess~ 2008/10/23 16:42:39
    Ace~Mr.Giantess~
    +1
    All of the above :)
  • kahless 2008/10/23 14:08:10
    kahless
    +1
    A country without god usually ends up on the bad end of poverty. Since the Supreme Court took god out of the schools our fine citizens have been drug deeper into selfishness,greed, and whats in it for me attitudes. Its showing in the polls for president. About half america is willing to vote for a man who is possibly a Marxist, Socialist, Who has engineered the ACORN Nazi party, who hangs with terrorists and attends a church where the preacher says GOD DA** America....Jesus wept.

2014/12/19 04:35:40