Why are we not allowed to Say Merry Christmas anymore (politically incorrect) Are we still allowed to say happy Thanksgiving or is that on its way out too?

Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2010/11/20 14:07:49
Who does Thanksgiving offend?

• keyonea 2013/06/06 19:24:51
    I say Merry Christmas and don't care what anyone thinks.
    keyonea
    +1
    i say merry chrismas whats rong with being nice
  • Elizabeth 2011/12/13 07:07:46
    Elizabeth
    +1
    http://www.facebook.com/group...

Join my facebook group to keep canada...canada. We should be free to say merry christmas!!!! Join the facebook group and lets get a movement started!
  • Roosty Elizabeth 2011/12/13 13:15:51
    Roosty
    i will.i will indeed
  • Shelleybellz 2011/12/08 04:04:08
    Shelleybellz
    seriously our founding fathers would be dissapointed if they could see us today. way to break one of the most important amendments we have. freedom of speech. This is our country if we want to say the pledge of allegience before class then we sure as hell should, if i want to say merry christmas i sure as hell gonna say it. We have become the furthest thing from AMERICAN because we try to please everyone else. This is our country and they are guests. WE have welcomed them into our home, into our culture, and let them have their way of life the least they can do is leave us to ours. Leave us to the old ways that our government was originally grounded on. I think George Washington would be pissed if he couldn't say Merry Christmas. just saying...
  • Roosty Shelley... 2011/12/13 13:16:05
    Roosty
    woah powerful
  • Chris lewis Brown 2011/12/06 12:18:29
    Chris lewis Brown
    +1
    what a joke...
  • Jodie 2011/12/01 00:23:30
    Jodie
    +2
    Not wanting to imply racism here but theyre seriously taking over! :@ we arent allowed to say baa baa black sheep, it has to be ethnic or rainbow sheep. not allowed black boards but whats about whiteboards? thats racist to us! if we say paki (short for pakistani) its 'racism' if they say brit (shprt for british) its fine? they cry racism if they dont get the jobs they apply for, or the houses they apply for etc. and we wonder why we find so many of our own living in poverty. and something that really did get to me was a few months ago ,one of my mothers payments got stopped so she phoned the company and they kept putting her on hold then someone finally tol her that even though they werent allowed to tell her, that they had to put people from different ethnic groups through to the top of the list first otherwise it was, again, racism. Don't care what they dont agree with. they can walk around wearing theyre own style clothing (turbans etc) so why cant we say 'merry christmas'? ... utterly pathetic to be honest.
  • Roosty 2011/11/29 13:31:41
    Roosty
    +1
    I'm not being funny but if they can come into our country and speak their own language then we can surely say Merry christmas and sing Baa Baa Black Sheep. How come the minority in this country get to overule the majority and convince the government that this in politically incorrect. I am astonished by this decision that our country have made. Also, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas ( just to be contraversial).
  • Nancy~P... Roosty 2011/12/06 14:37:53
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Merry christmas right back to ya'
  • ketan 2011/11/28 21:39:48
    ketan
    +1
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ,MERRY CHRISTMAS ,MERRY CHRISTMAS ,MERRY CHRISTMAS ,MERRY CHRISTMAS :)
  • Roosty ketan 2011/11/29 13:34:15
  • Jade 2011/11/28 19:49:13
    Jade
    +1
    We go other countries and abide by their rules. We shouldn't change what we say just for people who are offended. Got a problem. Get out of England. Simple.
  • Roosty Jade 2011/11/29 13:34:27
    Roosty
    exactly.
  • 2011/11/28 19:15:46
  • Gordan Clark 2011/11/28 12:50:01
    Gordan Clark
    I am so angry that people get angry when you say Merry christmas because it has always been Merry Christmas NOT happy holidays! Us british citizens are proud to say Merry Christmas and were not changing it for all the people who come into our country and expect us to say 'Happy Holidays!!!!!!!'
  • Sophie 2011/11/28 09:07:22 (edited)
    Sophie
    +1
    This is pathetic. The government make stupid descisions as it is let alone about what we say. When we go into other countries we have to abide by their rules. But they wont abide by ours. Thats like me walking onto an aeroplane and then changing how it works. I dont care who feels offended, or who doesn't like it, im english and i say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get over it.
  • jo 2011/11/26 18:30:47 (edited)
    jo
    This is a british country how can u say our christmas offends u do we ever get any rights anymore ? This country is falling to bits we should be more strict like austrailia they dont let just any1 in thip is england on the 25th december we celebrate our xmas if u dont like it find another country!
  • callum 2011/11/25 10:06:41
    callum
    +1
    its merry christmas all the way ygm famalam
  • callum callum 2011/11/25 10:09:16
    callum
    +2
    merry christmas to all my full white english friends :D
  • Chris l... callum 2011/12/06 12:16:49
    Chris lewis Brown
    +3
    oi black aswell
  • Jamie 2010/12/04 01:44:14
  • OneWorldDemocracy 2010/11/21 16:08:05
    I say Happy Holidays so I include everyone?
    OneWorldDemocracy
    +1
    The notion you can't say "Merry Christmas" is an outrageous lie promoted by an outrageous liar.
  • Roosty OneWorl... 2011/11/29 13:32:34
    Roosty
    +3
    i disagree slag.
  • gray ghost 2010/11/21 01:26:18
    gray ghost
    +1
    If I offend someone by saying Merry Christmas,I would tell them to kindly note the piece of mistletoe attached to my coattail.
  • Nancy~P... gray ghost 2010/11/23 01:54:47
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Is that a cocktail or coattail? Spin it! And they will....And what is mistletoe they may add?... and 'Merry christmas " offends my psychie they may add. Oh my.
  • Angi 2010/11/21 00:21:00
    Angi
    Why can't people say Merry Christmas any more. Here people say it to everyone. Someone said to me yesterday that he hoped I had a nice Christmas, and he was Muslim.
  • Nancy~P... Angi 2010/11/21 00:30:54
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Great, however it is the political thing and schools. television, and stores that are threatened by those two scarey word "Merry Christmas" I guess it translate to money in some way.
  • Angi Nancy~P... 2010/11/21 00:36:46
    Angi
    Well if everyone is saying Merry Christmas to everyone else, the one's who don't want you to say cannot do anything about.
  • Nancy~P... Angi 2010/11/21 01:11:58
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Well apparently it is politically incorrect to voice that rejoice! As I said, schools, stores and others are instructed NOT to say MERRY CHRISTMAS. That is the point, why do we have to cave into that mentality and when your paycheck is in question the check out person will always say, "Happy Holidays" or Seasons greetings" Kind of lame to me. Think about it.
  • OneWorl... Nancy~P... 2010/11/21 16:09:17
    OneWorldDemocracy
    This may be too difficult for you to grasp; however, the words "Merry Christmas" do carry a religious connotation.
  • Nancy~P... OneWorl... 2010/11/23 01:46:47
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Really? Oh my like we cannot figure that one out.
  • OneWorl... Nancy~P... 2010/11/23 16:15:07
    OneWorldDemocracy
    It was rather obvious you didn't figure it out.
  • Roosty OneWorl... 2011/11/29 13:32:49
  • Roosty OneWorl... 2011/11/29 13:32:56
  • Angi Nancy~P... 2010/11/22 00:37:10 (edited)
    Angi
    +1
    Yeah but if there was a campaign to say Merry Christmas Everyone then no one can do anything. Also how do they know what staff are doing when they are not at work. You can say what you want when you leave work. But if you want people to say Merry Christmas everyone should start saying it and no one can do anything.
  • BB 2010/11/20 15:59:44
    BB
    If you have freedom of speech you are going to offend some people, if you want to change that than you no longer have freedom of speech.
  • Jay0Byrd 2010/11/20 15:17:07
  • ThomasSnouffer 2010/11/20 14:58:48
    ThomasSnouffer
    Better enjoy it while you can; coming soon to a city near (or OF) yours: Feliz Navidad!

Remember to contact your "leaders" in regards to your thoughts on olly olly oxen-free AMNESTY!
  • ThomasS... ThomasS... 2010/11/20 15:11:51
    ThomasSnouffer
    An "afterthought": I DO say "Merry Christmas", despite being a life-long agnostic. Depending on my particular mood, "Happy Holidays" to ME will get you anything from "Happy Holidays to you also!", to simply a 'disapproving' look, to (in a crowded retail outlet!) THAT 'finger'.

I can't ever remember ANYBODY saying "Have a merry Christ's birthday" or "Go Jesus!" to me, either. WERE somebody to do that, I'm sure I would find it REALLY confusing but, even then, not particularly offensive. Just because I don't believe in Santa, either; why the hell should I care if YOU do?
  • Bob Pooba 2010/11/20 14:32:54 (edited)
    Bob Pooba
    I'll say Merry Christmas when ever and to whom ever I damn well please, while waving an American flag too..

2014/11/28 23:33:32