Why are there still Al-Qaeda terrorist training camps 8 years after 9/11?

Kyra 2009/09/25 06:16:42
We have placed the most incompetent people possible in charge of the most important issue.
The camps are left open to provide new recruits for the global terror machine that feeds on American fear and wealth.
It was all worth it.
We are winning the war on terror.
I'm more worried about health care.
Other
After spending trillions of dollars, destroying The US Constitution, invading two countries (one accidentally), violating the Geneva Conventions,and losing thousands of brave Christian men and women to build new, better Islamic nations while eliminating our borders....... we still have idiots going to terrorist training camps in Pakistan. How and Why is that possible in light of the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 that were planned IN Pakistan? America has given Pakistan $billions for our War on Terror, Where is Osama Bin Laden?

• Leeaqua 2009/09/28 14:22:28
    The camps are left open to provide new recruits for the global terror machine...
    Leeaqua
    +1
    How could the military-industrial complex justify spending 2 billion dollars plus /day without an enemy to hold before the publics face. Ignorant people are easily scared into premise that this needs to be done to confront an enemy that should have been done away with during the reign of Bush/Cheney.
  • patriot Leeaqua 2009/10/08 18:41:09
    patriot
    +1
    Excellent, but why is Obama now continuingthe same ploicy? Could it be that there is a higher autority calling the shots and each of the last four presidents was subservient to them? Google the "Bilderberg group" and also "Prison planet .com " one is pully the strings( bilderberg) and the other is fighting for our freedom(Alex jones and Prison planet.com).
  • Leeaqua patriot 2009/10/12 18:06:33
    Leeaqua
    +1
    It's possible but I have my doubts. I think Obama is beginning to see the light !
  • 1197473 ☮No longer a name -... 2009/09/28 08:49:38
    1197473 ☮No longer a name - Just a number☮
    +3
    Because Bush was to busy playing grabass with Dick Cheney.
    undecided bush busy playing grabass dick cheney
  • Kyra 1197473... 2009/09/28 08:54:18
    Kyra
    +4
    lol...very good answer!
  • patriot Kyra 2009/10/08 18:44:09
    patriot
    +1
    this was an unproductive anwer, and grossly untrue, it is much worse than that.Bush I, Clinton< Bush II, and Obama have all been led to ruin our country by the U.N / Bilderberg group, the party differences are simply a focal point to keep our eyes off of the truth.
  • Kyra patriot 2009/10/11 13:23:01
  • patriot Kyra 2009/10/12 16:27:29
    patriot
    +1
    I never said I supported Bush, or that liberals are wrong about some of his policies. I am certain that he had this idea( Iraq) from the very beginning, but how does that change what Obama is doing now, or the fact that EACH OF THE LAST FOUR PRESIDENTS has intentionally hurt freedom under the control of the U.N and the bilderberg group. Discussion about Chaney and bush playing "grab ass" does nothing to solve the problem, and Obama is the "current problem", so lets get ti together and address his issues. Haven't you ever heard of " a house divided can not stand" ? The partiy differences serve to divide us While they use " compromise " and "bi- partisanism" to justify anti freedom policies , and serve bilderbergs tyranical globalist objectives.
  • morning40oz~mad as hell 2009/09/28 03:19:55
    Other
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +4
    We no longer have a Constitutional government that serves this public but one that has become, quite some time ago, nothing but a money laundering front for a corporate oligarchy that seeks nothing but profit and power. It's kinda hard to keep the masses in line if there isn't a "boogeyman" out there. You can expect there will be a "boogeyman" of one form or another to be out there until people remember that this is supposed to be the land of the free, home of the brave and we don't give up our liberties and rights for ANYONE, be it a foreign enemy or the man sitting in the Oval Office.

• patriot morning... 2009/10/12 16:40:07
    patriot
    +1
    This is facism : the merger of governmental and corporate power to gain tyranical control of the populac and economy). This is Obamanomics 101( stolen from Musselini) and it is directed by the Bilderberg group. Here is a lyric from one of my favorite songs: "don't look now, but somehow our worst enemies have found a way inside these walls we'v made......... These are the moments that define us as cowards or men full of valor, so shut up and fight , and don't let let them know your afraid..... I'm not one to lay down and die! ......so sceam at the top of your your lungs if you're ready to die tonight ... die tonight for what you believe!" Jonah 33. (a favorite christian hard rock band of mine) Isn't it time for this kind of commitment to freedom?
  • morning... patriot 2009/10/12 20:34:31
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    Or, corporatism( corporate communism). Perhaps it is time people take more seriously those portrayed by the media as kooks or on the fringe that have been saying for quite some time that fascism is here. Heck, take a look at the legislation over the last two decades. Every administration has sold our country out from under us. That's on top of the great sellout on December 23, 1913 to the Federal Reserve. We have been using a Marxist method of money exchange for generations. Check out the top 10 planks of Marxism and see if you don't find this right at number 5:

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

The Federal Reserve System, created by the Federal Reserve Act of Congress in 1913, is indeed such a "national bank" and it politically manipulates interest rates and holds a monopoly on legal counterfeiting in the United States. This is exactly what Marx had in mind and completely fulfills this plank, another major socialist objective. Yet, most Americans naively believe the U.S. of A. is far from a Marxist or socialist nation.

As for the Military Industrial Complex, there is no way of distinguishing or separating the government from the corporations who profit off wars anymore.

...

I get angry and forget that there wasn't always the opportunity to be as informed a public as we have the opportunity to be now. We have no excuse, anymore, to allow this to continue. But, will we? Sadly, something tells me, yes, we will.

It's not about left or right to me, or Democrat or Republican. If people don't wake up, all of us, and stand up, we are going to know what it means to painfully value something after it's gone.
  • jeffy 2009/09/28 00:18:20
    jeffy
    when bush was in and congress didint do as he said a few more would go free
  • Beccy 2009/09/27 23:34:39
    We have placed the most incompetent people possible in charge of the most imp...
    +1
    The answer says it all in few words.
  • Bear 2009/09/27 07:37:49
    Other
    Bear
    +4
    Because obie is just bush redux.
    obie bush redux
    obie bush redux
    obie bush redux
  • Gregaj7 2009/09/27 04:09:06
    +4
    Got to have enemies to fight (see the doc "Fabled Enemies" by Jason Bermas), because war is the second most profitable enterprise that man has ever "invented".
  • morning... Gregaj7 2009/09/28 03:14:31
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +3
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. Don't you think, greg?

Smedley Butler--War is a Racket.

The above is obviously a re-enactment of Major General Butler's speech. Here is a picture of the real hero.

butler--war racket re-enactment major general butlers speech picture real hero
  • Gregaj7 morning... 2009/09/28 05:13:08
    +2
    A thousand raves to you for this!! I wonder if James Butler, Jr. is a descendent of Smedley. A most excellent video!
  • morning... Gregaj7 2009/09/28 05:27:06
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    Thank you, greg. I couldn't tell you whether or not James, Jr. is a descendent of MG Butler's. Most likely worth finding out, though.
  • Howard Beale II 2009/09/27 03:38:56
    Other
    Howard Beale II
    +1
    The reason why there are still Al-Qaeda terrorist training camps 8 years after 9/11 is because the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (formerly know as the School of the Americas) at Fort Benning, Georgia, which is reputed to be the world's No. 1 terrorist training school, still refuses to train them.
    Other
    +1
    Al Kaeda and the rest are just red herrings to keep our minds from the one real devestTING boogy we've yet had caught in the open. our own B.O.
  • tooner259 2009/09/27 00:43:58
    Other
    tooner259
    +1
    probably more out there.They`re not all dead yet.
  • Jeff 2009/09/27 00:02:48
    Other
    Jeff
    I think that this is a great question. The answer is most likely that these camps are ad hoc and not that easily discernible from other types of camps set up in that region of the world.

The camps are probably not permanent. They are probably mobile and can be dispersed if need be.
  • Joves the Instigator 2009/09/26 22:43:06
    Joves the Instigator
    +4
    I wont say they are incompentent because they know what they are doing. The whole thing of allowing Al-Qaeda to still exists is too keep the people ver fearful of more potential attacks.Or should I say the sheeple. It was much like when tha last administration used the attack as a good reason to pass laws that would have never otherwise passed the muster and, it is still being argues they are needed still. Fear mongering is a time honored tradition with government and, it will keep on going in perpetuity from now on.
  • Jon Bergen 2009/09/26 18:32:16
    Jon Bergen
    +2
    No war ever occurs "by accident." All are planned.

The Cold War went away, threatening the survival of America's military-industrial complex, aka war machine. So the neocons invented a successor:

The War on Terror.

And, sometimes -- as we did with the Soviets -- you have to prop up your "enemy" to keep the threat credible, to maintain the support of citizen tax-payers. By scaring citizens and calling upon their loyal (but, sadly, often unthinking) patriotism, you can create that support every time.

It's worked like a charm so far. How many wars has America waged?
  • patriot Jon Bergen 2009/10/12 17:07:06
    patriot
    WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!! this is not the consevatives issue !! The "Globalists" of both parties are using enmity between the "liberals" and the "conservative " to re-direct our attention away from the" real truth" Conservatives are much better at figuring out "why" this is happening. As most are christians , we are more likley to listen to the truth about evil organzations like The Bilderberg group or the Tri-latteral commission etc, but liberals have dicsoverd several of the technigues used. (fake enemies etc), and are more willing to look inside the U.S for "bad Guys". We must join forces or lose it all: If we don't get ti together, they will continue to play one side against the other until it is too late!!!! but, If we do get ti together we can't lose. We can teach the liberals the truth of why this is happening, and the liberals can help us understand the mechanics of these efforts, and we will each combine to find and fix the things that neither of us yet understands. But first we must stop focusing on each other!
  • Action bastard! 2009/09/26 17:35:42
  • bluejacket 2009/09/26 16:30:26
    bluejacket
    +1
    It's still Bush's fault.

Next question.
  • patriot bluejacket 2009/10/12 17:15:25
    patriot
    no it is not, Bush was just following orders( from Bilderberg etc)! It is our fault for not getting rid of the partires ( and their backers )a long time ago. Bush did try to kind of take over and exclude the Euorpean Globalists , but this was after the fact. Remember that they all turned on him for trying to take command, rather than being subordinate to the U.N. , but either way , we were duped. Please look beyond the obvious if you want the actual truth rather than the rhetoric.
  • bluejacket patriot 2009/10/13 13:51:08
    bluejacket
    +1
    Sorry, I was sarcastically mocking the libtard left when I said that. No explanation was necessary.
  • Peggy 2009/09/26 16:25:39
    Other
    Peggy
    +1
    We never went after or looked for Al-Qaeda.
  • Kiss My... Peggy 2009/10/24 23:19:48
    Kiss My Freedom Loving A**
    No we just bombarded the hills of Afghanastan for the hell of it. OMG!
  • Kyra Kiss My... 2009/10/25 01:20:32
    Kyra
    +3
    Oh...it was good to bombard the hills of Afghanistan. How much did that cost? Are you claiming to be a conservative when you want to waste my hard earned tax dollars on reshaping the hills of Afghanistan? Does one single person on the planet claim that Bin Laden is in Afghanistan? Why would we send more troops there? To make Islam safer where Americans never go?
  • Kiss My... Kyra 2009/10/25 02:16:48
    Kiss My Freedom Loving A**
    You obviously forgot why we went there in the first place. It's either "waste" your hard earned tax dollars to fight the insurgents on their own turf or on our soil at the loss of innocent american lives. Sometimes either choice does not reflect a perfect world.
  • Kyra Kiss My... 2009/10/25 02:59:26 (edited)
    Kyra
    +1
    "to fight the insurgents on their own turf or on our soil....." You really believe some insurgent was gonna come to your house and threaten you on American soil?

The insurgents (look up the word, I think your confused) in Iraq are Sunni Muslims that once ruled the Baath Party and were told they could not participate in the initial interim governing process then they were not allowed representation for their people because the Baath Party had been Sunni. The Saudi Sunni's sent all the money and arms needed to fight for the Sunni brothers. 15 of the 19 Hijackers involved in 9/11 were from SAUDI ARABIA! the country next door to Iraq. NOT one of the hijackers was from Iraq or Afghanistan. The FBI has not pressed charges on Bin Laden for 9/11, why?

The "Insurgents" in Afghanistan are Pakistani paid "terrorists" which recieve support from within Pakistan.. Again we attacked the neighbor of the real source of threat to America. Al-Qaeda STILL trains in Pakistan, even Americans, after 8 years of misdirected action. The War on Terror has been managed by incompetent fools, and now it is much scarier than before. The "Taliban" is not the Taliban of 2001, it is now any person that wants foreign troops out of their country, mostly the fractured Northern Alliance that was paid by the CI...

The "Insurgents" in Afghanistan are Pakistani paid "terrorists" which recieve support from within Pakistan.. Again we attacked the neighbor of the real source of threat to America. Al-Qaeda STILL trains in Pakistan, even Americans, after 8 years of misdirected action. The War on Terror has been managed by incompetent fools, and now it is much scarier than before. The "Taliban" is not the Taliban of 2001, it is now any person that wants foreign troops out of their country, mostly the fractured Northern Alliance that was paid by the CIA in 2001 to rout the real Taliban of 2001. You say Iran is the threat, however there are 0 (zero) none, army bases on the Western border of Afghanistan. The fight is on PAKISTANS border with PAKISTANI tribal Pashtuns. But our troops are in Afghanistan, a 14th century feudal Muslim nation. Are we gonna make a better 14th century Islamic country with our troops?

Bush kept you safe? No he just made sure you did not hear about the continued attacks. Remember the Bin Laden embassy bombings in Africa?

The same day AIG was bailed out by Bush........September 17, 2008 he was keeping you safe......

• Peggy Kiss My... 2009/10/25 01:57:31
    Peggy
    The headstone for their leader is where?
  • Kiss My... Peggy 2009/10/25 02:13:47
    Kiss My Freedom Loving A**
    You said we never went after or looked for Al-Qaeda...and I responded accordingly. The hills of Afghanastan are miles and miles across. It is now the gravesite of many of the Al-Qaeda insurgents. Their leader may or may not be one of those dead there. It hasn't been proven whether he's dead or not. Now you want to spend more money to dig up the whole country to determine whether we find his body or not for your own personal satisfaction?
  • Peggy Kiss My... 2009/10/25 02:30:48
    Peggy
    NO! I do not think we should have gone to war in the first place. Now we have yet another country to send our troops to so they can fight to the death so you and I can have a war of words. How many friends have you buried who can back in body bags or draped coffins. When it is as many as me, I may read what you have to say
  • Kiss My... Peggy 2009/10/25 02:38:01
    Kiss My Freedom Loving A**
    Well then you better start reading because I am part of the military family. My fiancee has been to Iraq three times and we have mutual friends that have died for a cause that they believed in.

Do you support Obama? After all he is still sending our military men and women to continue fighting in Afghanastan.
  • Peggy Kiss My... 2009/10/25 02:59:32
    Peggy
    I guess what you want is for me to kiss your ass.

I have been fighting for the benefits of the military for longer than you have been alive. I am ending conversation with youecause I think you are trying to pick a fight
  • Kiss My... Peggy 2009/10/25 13:31:32
    Kiss My Freedom Loving A**
    Now why would you make such an allegation (I guess what you want is for me to kiss your ass)? Where in my comments have I stated that I wanted you to kiss my ass? your ending conversation with me because you don't want an intelligent debate. So now your backing out on "listening" to what I have to say after you said that you would if I had similar experiences as yourself. Why is diversion so common with liberals here on SH? I've yet to find one that has some legitimate back up for their debate or defense for their accusations.

Good luck in life.

2014/09/21 14:08:19