Why are some people on this site obsessed with Black Americans?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/06/25 19:09:53
Nothing better to do
I have no idea

• Latti I... Leantom... 2012/06/27 21:52:37 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    "First you stated that the DOJ didn't prosecute because it wasn't a violent crime (red herring). Then you stated that the BPP wasn't prosecuted for tampering with a federal election, but hate speech (which is false, since the DOJ - a department of the federal government - won't file charges directly unless federal law has been impinged)."

False on all accounts; I stated they were never prosecuted, because they weren't violent nor prevented anyone from voting. At best they could have been charged with disruptive in public, but that wouldn't fly. I stated the only thing they did was hurl hate speech into the public, which isn't against the 1st amendment.

"Also, the wiki source is accurate; to see evidence of this, all you have to do is look up the citations from the wiki page concerning the case."

I already told you I did research on this already without the Wikipedia, which the general public is allowed to edit.

"I did not deny that N. African immigrants made more than traditional U.S. citizens. This is because most immigrants - not including Mexican and C. America immigrants - make more than U.S. citizens on average. It doesn't matter whether they're from Europe, Asia, Africa or Australia - the government won't let them come here unless they have a job, college degree or both."

A...

Agreed; just was stating that they usually beat out the immigrants from those other regions.

"Note that this doesn't mean that N. Africa isn't a mess. Most of the lucky ones are able to escape. lol"

I don't believe I ever stated North Africa wasn't a mess.

"I never said that the majority of blacks were poor (straw argument). So, if you kindly would, stop using quotation marks around the word "majority". I merely stated that the poverty rate in the African American community is MUCH higher than in other ethnic groups, especially relative to whites and Asians. This fact has no been refuted."

The post was about the manipulation with many on this site stating it is most so this isn't a straw-man argument. Never stated that Black Americans poverty rate wasn't higher than those of Whites and the Asian population. What I did state was that the majority who live below the poverty line work and have full time jobs.

"I merely stated that the poverty rate in the African American community is MUCH higher than in other ethnic groups, especially relative to whites and Asians. This fact has no been refuted."

Actually that portion is a fallacy; Native Americans rates are higher than any other group, not Black Americans. You're mixing that one up; it is only higher than that of Whites and Asians, not every other ethnic group.

"Many working class Black Americans struggle to obtain affordable housing. More than half of all African Americans rent and 53% of those spend more than 30% of their income for their rent. 30% is the recommended threshold that a family should pay for housing costs."

"Poverty has always been a challenge for the Black community. Although poverty conditions for Black America have improved, the rates are still staggering when compared to that of all Americans. 41% of single mother Black families are living in poverty compared to only 7 percent of married-couple Black families."

When it comes to housing Black Americans usually pay more taxes and receive less loans than Whites. Mostly due to living in states where taxes are higher with the added blockade of not being given the loans needed or having to pay with interests. We also already talked about the history of land ownership, etc..so there is no point in me delving into that again.

http://www.americanprogress.o...

As for Black women in poverty; in general there are more women in poverty than their male counter parts. More so than any other country in the Western world. The gaps ranges from salaries and so on; even with that, most 41% of single parent (black female) work a full time job.

"Finally, all immigrants make more than U.S. citizens. European, African, Asian and Australians are not permitted to come to this country unless they either have college degrees or a job. However, they're the overwhelming minority of the population."

Yes, but African immigrants make the most out of every other group.
  • Leantom... Latti I... 2012/06/28 02:06:07
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    ok
  • Tom Leantom... 2012/06/26 04:36:56
    Tom
    +3
    Did you mean (ALL 10) of them?.... the whole army (OF 10) of them!

Yep!.... you have said enough!
  • The One 2012/06/26 04:15:12
    Nothing better to do
    The One
    +1
    Are they white chicks?
  • Foxhound BN0 2012/06/26 03:17:09 (edited)
    Nothing better to do
    Foxhound BN0
    +4
    Because we still call each other and ourselves blacks and whites. There would be much less racism today if we would drop the skin labels and so called races. It is primitive and divisive. We are all just people and when we realize this we can look each other in the eyes instead of at our skin. Peace out.
  • Tom Foxhoun... 2012/06/26 04:37:54
    Tom
    +2
    That's all good!
  • Donna 2012/06/26 03:15:22 (edited)
    I have no idea
    Donna
    +2
    I have no idea what a spork is, nor do I care.

No one cares what color Obama's skin is, he's still doing a bad job &

America is not made up of just blacks & whites, but many colors & ALL colors are suffering right now, not just blacks. The obsession starts there.

It seems the people most obsessed with black Americans & racism are black Americans. The rest of us have just had it rammed down our throats for so long, people ( of all colors) are tired of hearing it. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just trying to get on with business as usual & trying to survive. And no, people who choose not to re-elect this buffoon into office are not racist. We just dont like the job he's doing. Too many are suffering. :)

Yeah, I decided to look up 'spork' ... Really not something anyone needs to worry about right now.
  • Latti I... Donna 2012/06/26 03:33:08 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +5
    This isn't about Obama and 99% of the questions about Black or White Americans aren't created by Black people on this site. This is about the generalization questions of people from African descent on this site, not questions about individuals who happen to be Black.
  • Donna Latti I... 2012/06/26 23:08:57 (edited)
    Donna
    +1
    Ok... I'm just responding to your link, one of which includes a reference to Obama. Why post them if they're werent meant to be a point of reference ? Also, your question pertains to black Americans, not people of African descent. Not all Africans are black you know.
  • Latti I... Donna 2012/06/27 00:28:49
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    "I'm just responding to your link, one of which includes a reference to Obama."

None of my references are about Obama once again; just generalizations.

"Also, your question pertains to black Americans, not people of African descent. Not all Africans are black you know."

Do you know the difference between African descent and African American?

African descent just means where your ancestry comes from and that includes Black Americans, people from the Islands and so on.
  • Donna Latti I... 2012/06/27 00:38:58
    Donna
    +1
    Whatever ... sorry I even responded ! Not in the mood for spin. Have a good one :)
  • Latti I... Donna 2012/06/27 00:41:19 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    I don't know why you're getting upset over nothing. There is a difference between African descent and African American; the latter term I did not use, so I'm right. Just making sure you understand the difference Donna.

You have a good one too.
  • Donna Latti I... 2012/06/27 22:55:42
    Donna
    +1
    Definitely not upset, just dumbfounded... C-ya .
  • Tom Donna 2012/06/26 04:39:20
    Tom
    +1
    Yep!... the Black guy did it!
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/06/26 02:46:12
    Nothing better to do
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +5
    I personally like good people from all races.
  • Latti I... Nam Era... 2012/06/26 03:14:07
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    I know you do Nam ;-)
  • tony 2012/06/26 02:17:12
    I have no idea
    tony
    +3
    No idea why you are obsessed with race. You bring it up every chance you get.
  • Latti I... tony 2012/06/26 02:21:44
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Here we go again; number one you didn't answer the question and proceeded to derail the topic at hand. Try using your brain Tony and let's stay on topic.
  • tony Latti I... 2012/06/26 21:48:14
    tony
    What's off topic? Oh you asked why other people are so obsessed with blacks, not why are you so obsessed. Carry on.
  • Latti I... tony 2012/06/26 21:49:19
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    Once again, you didn't answer the question.
  • Idiot repubs 2012/06/26 01:50:05
    Nothing better to do
    Idiot repubs
    +8
    They sit here day and night consumed by the hate of a black man who, while being far superior to them in every way, still has compassion for his detractors.
  • Xerxes 2012/06/26 01:31:29
    I have no idea
    Xerxes
    +7
    Fear + ignorance
  • Latti I... Xerxes 2012/06/26 01:34:27
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +5
    Exactly; look at what this idiot stated on a post that wasn't about him.

• Xerxes Latti I... 2012/06/26 01:42:10
    Xerxes
    +4
    Dealt with him before, he his not the brightest bulb
  • Al B Thayer 2012/06/26 01:30:40
    I have no idea
    Al B Thayer
    +5
    I have no idea. I never identify someone by the color of their skin.
  • Romanknite 2012/06/26 01:23:08
    Nothing better to do
    Romanknite
    +5
    My opinion...because of President Obama. I believe if Obama had never been elected, we would not be having this kind of discussion, it would be still hidden and under cover. But in a way I'm glad everything is out in the open now. I'd rather have a person tell me in my face that they do not like me, than to fake it and act like we are the best of friend's
  • meme14 2012/06/26 00:45:53
    Nothing better to do
    meme14
    +8
    I think it's become a hot topic now because it's election time..and Obama is running for reelection...some people honestly don't like him politically..fine, it's a democracy..but, a lot of people are just racist and obsessed...It's funny cause you have all of those links..but so many people will act like there is no racism..what racism? the only racism that exists today is reverse racism..as if they don't see the same posts and pictures..too funny.
  • Defend ... meme14 2012/06/26 01:00:10
    Defend Western Civlization
    +2
    America is a Constitutional Republic
    Americans do not care about obamas color they care about the fact he is Destroying America/Israel and Western Superior Civilization by aiding muslim terrorist and hates the Constitution

Illegal 'Immigrant' Admits Plot to Bomb US Capitol...
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Hatred of Israel Brings the KKK and Democrats Back Together

http://frontpagemag.com
    Posted By Arnold Ahlert
    On June 22, 2012

Article:

A primary contest taking place in New York next Tuesday portends yet another embarrassment for the Democrat Party. In the newly re-drawn 8th Congressional District, City Councilman Charles Barron is running against state Assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries for the Democratic nomination to succeed retiring Rep. Ed Towns. Yesterday, the African-American Barron picked up an endorsement from former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke. How is this possible? As Duke explained, “The possible election of a dedicated anti-Zionist to the U.S. Congress, has thrown the Zionist-influenced media and the Zio-political establishment in a tizzy,” he said in a web video.

Duke, a self-described “white nationalist,” clarified his reasoning for backing one black American against another black American in a race far away from his home state of Louisiana. “In a race for Congress ...

America is a Constitutional Republic

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

http://frontpagemag.com
    Posted By Arnold Ahlert
    On June 22, 2012

Article:

Duke, a self-described “white nationalist,” clarified his reasoning for backing one black American against another black American in a race far away from his home state of Louisiana. “In a race for Congress between an anti-Zionist black activist and a black activist who is a bought and paid for Zionist Uncle Tom, I’ll take the anti-Zionist any day,” Mr. Duke continues in the video. “In this election of limited choices, I believe that Charles Barron is the best choice. Why? Because I think there’s no greater danger facing the United States of America and facing the world than the unbridled power of Zionist globalism.”

The reason for Duke’s support is obvious: Since Barron’s election to City Council in 2001, he has associated himself with anti-Israel groups and regularly demonized the State of Israel. In a 2009 interview with the Amsterdam News, he referred to the Gaza Strip as “a virtual death camp, the same kind of conditions the Nazis imposed on the Jews,” further claiming the Jews “massacre the Palestinian people, bomb their homes, churches and schools, and then block anybody trying to deliver aid to them. What this amounts to is genocide.”
    http://frontpagemag.com/2012/...
  • Latti I... meme14 2012/06/26 01:09:26
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    I've gotten rid of him; one of is race baiting buddies probably called on him as they usually do.
  • meme14 Latti I... 2012/06/26 01:17:45
    meme14
    +4
    Yea, I've seen him on a lot of political polls - he is so negative - he has no tolerance for another person's opinion. I almost always ignore him..impossible to have a reasoned converstation with someone like that..lol..and you're probably right..I swear they run in packs
  • Latti I... meme14 2012/06/26 01:19:38
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Exaclty; the forum was going nicely even with differing views and now one flee shows up with a grudge and they all follow suit.
  • Al B Th... meme14 2012/06/26 01:35:21
    Al B Thayer
    +2
    Something you should know. It's not a democracy. It's a Democratic Republic. Democracy doesn't actually rule.
  • meme14 Al B Th... 2012/06/26 01:39:23
    meme14
    +2
    You know what I meant..we are free to vote for who we want.
  • ♥dreamer-leigh♥ 2012/06/25 23:59:57
    I have no idea
    ♥dreamer-leigh♥
    +5
    Black American, Hispanic American, etc etc...drop the hyphen and just be American...that is how it should be..Americans
  • Latti I... ♥dreame... 2012/06/26 00:04:52
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Dreamer; this question is purely observational from the dogma in the political section and some obsession with people from African descent.
  • ♥dreame... Latti I... 2012/06/26 00:10:16
    ♥dreamer-leigh♥
    +4
    I understand that, bigotry and racism...it needs to stop...we all live in the same country and the fire for hatred needs to be put out is all I was saying
  • Dandydon 2012/06/25 22:58:34
    I have no idea
    Dandydon
    +9
    I try to stay away from those topics.
    They're about as old and worn out as the use of the word racist on here.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/06/25 22:51:35
    I have no idea
    Ozzyboy
    +4
    You wanted dialogue and now that there is, are you not happy with the results? Perhaps it is the hypocrisy in the media and government treatment of the different people. Perhaps it is the difference in the Trayvon Martin coverage and the Marley Lion case.
    People plead for equality and deserve it, all sides. The obsession comes when equality is being denied, on either side.
  • Latti I... Ozzyboy 2012/06/25 23:00:46
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    "You wanted dialogue and now that there is, are you not happy with the results?"

Dialogue, is when both sides debates on facts and discuss their opinions of those facts presented. If you call those links proper dialogue, then you must be mistaken. In addition; spins, lies, distortions and falsehoods are not doing anything but perpetuating hatred.

"Perhaps it is the hypocrisy in the media and government treatment of the different people. Perhaps it is the difference in the Trayvon Martin coverage and the Marley Lion case."

Tunnel vision; you must have skimmed over the bias/lies of the Right wing of the media and false pictures of trayvon Martin which makes your point moot. There were spins told from both sides, and you are just an individual who happens to believe in one spin or another. That in itself does not excuse manipulation and an unhealthy obsession with Black Americans on this site.

"The obsession comes when equality is being denied, on either side."

Now claims of reverse racism and attempt towards a dialogue without the spins. You just made excuses for people unhealthy obsession on this site.
  • Ozzyboy Latti I... 2012/06/26 00:13:31
    Ozzyboy
    +3
    Your bias and lack of intelligent discussion proves my point. You do not want discussion, you just want everyone to agree with you. You even ignored the Marley Lion case while making excuses for T. Martin. What was false about T. Martin, his gold tooth, the pants on the ground picture or his website that he calls himself names that whites aren't allowed to utter?

2014/09/18 03:36:19