Why are so many writing in Ron Paul for President?

Mikki_14 2012/06/11 01:23:36
Because I want Obama for another 4 years.
Because....
Rand Paul has openly endorsed Romney! A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama.

• ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sher... 2012/06/11 01:33:10 (edited)
    Because....
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +30
    Why do you believe that rhetoric? Ron Paul is totally opposite from Obama..ORomney and Obama both support NDAA and the Patriot Act..I am sorry but Romney sucks..People are sick of voting for the lesser of 2 evils or the cleaner turd..People want to vote for the Constitution and the fact of the matter Ron Paul will take Democrats and Independents away from Obama! Why is nobody bitching about Gary Johnson the Libertarian Candidate? If Romney loses it will be because of SEIU and Black Panthers, voter intimidation, voter fraud..I am sick of this rhetoric..We had McCain in 2008 and the only reason MCCain got my vote was because of Sarah Palin!!

• Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/06/12 09:42:04
    Because....
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    Everybody forget about SCYTL? Thats who will decide the next President. If you have a problem with your e-ballot, contact your e-congressman.
  • Yankee Traveler 2012/06/12 09:37:30
    Because....
    Yankee Traveler
    +4
    Because they are a different breed of liberal. If the PaulBots don't get their way they will support obama!
  • ☆The Ro... Yankee ... 2012/06/12 12:06:01
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +4
    I think in my case I believe that both parties have betrayed Americans..I want to vote for a true Conservative Libertarian.
  • Yankee ... ☆The Ro... 2012/06/12 21:50:49
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    According to the Libertarian Party there is no such thing as a Conservative Libertarian. A libertarian is an entity all unto themselves: http://www.lp.org/

Are Libertarians liberal or conservative?

Libertarians are neither liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians advocate freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians are also socially tolerant. We won't demand laws or restrictions on other people who we may not agree because of personal actions or lifestyles.

Think of us as a group of people with a "live and let live" mentality and a balanced checkbook.

In a sense, Libertarians “borrow” from both sides to come up with a logical and consistent whole -- but without the exceptions and broken promises of Republican and Democratic politicians. That's why we call ourselves the Party of Principle.

What kind of people join the Libertarian Party?

People like you. People who used to be Republicans, Democrats, and independents – from all walks of life. They joined us because they realize that we’re the only political party working for their best interests.

Those who jo...

Those who join us realize that, unlike the two major parties, we place the interests of our nation ABOVE the interests of our political party. While the Republican and Democratic parties exist to maintain their own power, we exist to grasp power for the benefit of you and millions of other Americans across our nation.

http://www.lp.org/faq
  • ☆The Ro... Yankee ... 2012/06/13 02:22:48
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    Well I believe in less government and smaller government..I oppose things like NAFTA, the UN..Very troubled by International socialism!
  • the Supreme 2012/06/12 07:06:29
    Because....
    the Supreme
    +1
    ppl just dont want to vote for romney id take mccain over romney id even take hermain cain!
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2012/06/11 23:49:12
    Because....
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +2
    He's a hell of a lot better then Romney.
  • Mikki_14 brutusi... 2012/06/12 03:24:42
    Mikki_14
    +1
    Well you must be happy with Obama then.
  • ☆The Ro... Mikki_14 2012/06/12 12:07:13
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +4
    Have you ever thought that people are sick of the political system? I mean both damn parties have betrayed the American people!!
  • teigan ☆The Ro... 2012/06/12 17:16:14
    teigan
    +3
    Yes Rock, people are sick of it, but giving Obama 4 more years to destroy this country is not the answer. That's the end of the game entirely.
  • ☆The Ro... teigan 2012/06/12 20:01:29
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    He already has it and believe me it will be more then 4 years??
  • teigan ☆The Ro... 2012/06/12 20:17:59
    teigan
    +3
    So you just accept defeat without a fight and aide that defeat by voting for a third party. Sorry Rock your logic makes no sense to me. Obama does not have to win and he won't win if we pull together. But if third party voters CHOOSE to give him another 4 years, then we all suffer. I sorry that you are choosing Obama and his destruction over a course that just might save this country. Tell your children that you chose serfdom to freedom.
  • America... teigan 2012/06/14 13:10:06
  • teigan America... 2012/06/14 17:16:17
    teigan
    +1
    It is out of selfishness and pride that they will split the vote and allow Obama to win.
  • brutusi... Mikki_14 2012/06/12 18:30:54
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    +1
    You talk as if no one can vote for who they want and can only vote for one of the two parties. Wake up, there is more then two parties. If people could find some courage and vote who they want and not who they think everyone else will vote.
  • sarahbearer 2012/06/11 23:35:45
    Because....
    sarahbearer
    +3
    Romney sucks!!!!!
  • Ballade... sarahbe... 2012/06/12 17:23:22
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    and helping to reelect obama is better?
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/06/11 21:56:07 (edited)
    Because....
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    It is my belief that many are voting for Ron Paul because they are tired of flaky Republican that are more to the left than to right. They are willing to allow Obama to get re-elected that to give in to left wing republicans or except something short of what we really need. Four times in a row we have excepted someone that does not represent those of us on the right. Many of us think that Ron Paul is too old. Keep in mine how old Reagan was when he ran. I voted for Ron Paul in Calif even though he had dropped out of the race to show my dissatisfaction with Romney. I will again vote for the lesser of two evils when it comes to election time as I do not what Obama to get re-elected. My hope is that there will be big gains of Tea Party candidates in the House and the Senate to control Romney. He is not what we need, but is better than Obama.
  • DDogbreath 2012/06/11 21:21:04
    Because....
    DDogbreath
    +7
    ROMNEY SUCKS JUST AS BAD AS OBAMA

• ☆stillt... DDogbreath 2012/06/12 17:23:20 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    Not quite as bad as Obama, but very close to it.
  • Jericho 2012/06/11 19:54:12
    Because....
    Jericho
    +1
    I think John Kerry tried this, like in 2004, and eventually lost as well. Not because Bush was sooooo Popular at the time, but going on a platform of flip flopping and being "Not Bush" without defining what that means is just not an option. He spent his entire campaign criticizing Bush, when a lot of us, including myself, were looking for another viable option at the time that would have a real chance at winning. I ended up voting for the Constitution Party Candidate, but that Campaign, like this one, is a complete fiasco. The way to keep a crappy President in office is to not give the people a real option. Way to go Romney, you are the 2012 John Kerry on the Republican side!
  • Katfish 2012/06/11 19:42:48
    Because....
    Katfish
    +8
    I am a Paul supporter that will not "write him in". There are many more.
    The Libertarian and Constitution parties are well established options.
  • Mikki_14 Katfish 2012/06/12 03:26:21
    Mikki_14
    +2
    Still a vote for Obama.
  • Windy Mikki_14 2012/06/12 07:17:41
    Windy
    +5
    That is a ridiculous contention. A vote for one candidate is NOT a vote for another, regardless whatever propaganda you want to believe (or promote). There are some very savvy people out there who believe Ron Paul will take more votes from Obama than from Romney. Either way, it doesn't matter, those who choose to vote-for/write-in Ron Paul are NOT contributing to either Obama's or Romney's vote totals! You cannot read the future, so you have absolutely how the vote totals will shake out. You also have no idea for whom the duly elected electors will vote; only their votes count, anyway.
  • ☆The Ro... Mikki_14 2012/06/12 12:09:58
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +3
    That what you think? I vote for my principles and the Constitution..Sorry I am not going to vote for a baby killer or a Progressive RINO who is wishy washy on abortion!

• Sam DePecan 2012/06/11 19:41:23
    Because....
    Sam DePecan
    +3
    He wants to allow Ragheads to kick-ass on the USA; and allow everyone to smoke stuff leagally. (BTW, the worthless SOB calls himself a Medical Doctor.)
  • LAAD Gu... Sam DeP... 2012/06/11 19:56:16
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +12
    What a stupid, ignorant response.

So you believe in neverending wars we cannot afford, sacrificing young American lives for no cause? If you actually LISTENED to our active military, you would hear their collective voices saying WE SHOULD NOT BE HERE! But no, I guess what you think matters more than what our military thinks. Oh btw don't forget that Ron Paul got more contributions from military than ALL OTHER PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES COMBINED! That must be a coincidence though, right?

And NO, he wants THE STATES to have the power to decide legality of substances, as it is a right Constitutionally granted to them. (BTW, marijuana has MANY beneficial medical benefits, better than a great deal of the legal crap our doctors give us.) Remind me also, what has the war on drugs gotten us exactly?? What good has it done? All it has succeeded in doing is driving the drug market underground, untaxed, unregulated, has resulted in the deaths of many fine law officers and overran prisons with people charged of petty drug crimes. Yeah, the war on drugs has done wonders.
  • Sam DeP... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 20:11:53
    Sam DePecan
    +1
    The Queston obviously sucks! What would you expect, ACUPUNCTURE!?
  • DDogbreath LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 21:17:23
    DDogbreath
    +7
    Like they say "Ignorance is bliss" He will support a "draft dodger" over a veteran. GD traitors like him should have their asses run out of the country. Send that fu**er to France with "Mittens"
  • sarahbe... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 23:38:04
    sarahbearer
    +2
    Ohh please I started reading ur comment then got bored:o(yawn)
  • ☆The Ro... sarahbe... 2012/06/12 02:32:11
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +5
    Then stay clueless then..What do you know about American politics?
  • ☆The Ro... Sam DeP... 2012/06/11 20:16:45 (edited)
  • Sam DeP... ☆The Ro... 2012/06/11 21:06:58
    Sam DePecan
    +2
    Well, as for as Hemorrhoidal Suppositories go; they could be . . . [...]
  • teigan Sam DeP... 2012/06/12 17:25:57
    teigan
    +1
    Medical doctors prescribe medical marijuana all the time. It has it's value.
  • Sam DeP... teigan 2012/06/12 17:37:21
    Sam DePecan
    +1
    There is a report of a high-increase of Glaucoma Patients who are actually teen-age boys and they not only find that medical marijuana cures their Disease, but they also like to sit around in a circle and listen to Grace Slick while receiving the ever-so-important Miracle Drug.
  • Tully Sam DeP... 2012/06/20 20:44:38
    Tully
    link or its bs
  • LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/06/11 18:57:47 (edited)
    Because....
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +18
    Now that's about enough of this "A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama." BS, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Ron Paul.

This may be hard for some of you to understand, but some of us here CANNOT and WILL NOT vote for a person that we do not support, and a person that doesn't represent what we stand for. Romney is the GOP pick, so be it, the GOP signed their own death warrant because they just had to have their way. In case you haven't noticed, Romney has been propped up since the beginning, the establishment pick ALLLL the way through, do you think the GOP gives a DAMN what any of us want??

What does Romney bring to the table? "Not being Obama" is not something that is going to fix our country. What SOLUTIONS to ACTUAL PROBLEMS in our country does Romney have??? I have heard zip, zero, NADA. Also, have any of you paid attention to his past at all? Can you honestly claim to have ANY idea what he trully stands for with all of the times he has flip flopped? Or how about all the times he has agreed with Obama? What about his support for NDAA, the Patriot, bigger government, and stricter gun control? Oh and don't forget that he also used to be a Democrat. What, does none of this matter??

On the flip side, Ron Paul does not support ANY of these things. The only thing he supports i...

On the flip side, Ron Paul does not support ANY of these things. The only thing he supports is putting the POWER back in the PEOPLE, something NO ONE else in Washington wants. Ron Paul actually has SOLUTIONS and WELL DRAWN OUT and ARTICULATED plans for how he will end the deficit spending and restore the wealth to our nation. He is a Constitutionalist through and through, he believes in restoring liberty to the people and has devoted his life to restoring our country to its former glory. But, the GOP had to have its way. The people of this country aren't ready for such visions and radical ideas of true freedom, limited government and personal responsibility. So we have Romney. Hand picked from the beginning, no real plan to save our country, just an "REP" before his name.

Look, I DESPISE Obama, as much and probably even more than anyone. I want nothing more than to get rid of his vile, disgusting, lying, socialist, traitorous ass. But I am NOT going to vote for someone who isn't going to do any better, except for POSSIBLY slow the decay of our country slightly. This is NOT a chess game. We are almost $16 trillion in debt. We do NOT have the time to vote for the lesser of two evils, hope he does ok and "live to fight another day". We've been doing that for the last freakin' century!!! What makes any of you think that the strategy for this election is any different than the strategy this nation has had in every other damned election??? As long as you wanna play the lesser of two evil games, the country is going to go back and forth, back and forth, Democrat to Republican, Republican to Democrat...and on it will go.

So I leave you with this. It's a BIG newsflash time for anyone that calls themselves a Republican. We are FED UP with this game. If our country survives the next four years, it is time to WAKE UP and vote for the RIGHT man for the job instead of the man that the television props up and tells you is the best. I and many others like me will not be voting for Romney OR Obama. We will be voting for Ron Paul or some third party. The Republican Party KNEW this whole time that the support Ron Paul has behind him is a BIG DEAL and that his voters could have a detrimental effect on the Republican candidate if it indeed was not him. The whole country knew this, everyone knew this, yet everyone had to have their way and vote for Romney, and refuse to vote for Paul. The Republican Party, and everyone in it, KNEW how big of a deal Ron Paul supporters are, yet you alienated us anyway. So do NOT blame us if/when Obama is re-elected because you were warned all too many times of what was to come, yet you did not listen. The Republican Party signed its own death warrant by choosing Romney. So now you're all going to get exactly what you wanted.
  • Teri- O... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 19:02:23
    Teri- Oregon
    +12
    you are my hero Treyman!
    smiley kisses
  • LAAD Gu... Teri- O... 2012/06/11 19:03:30
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +9
    Awe thank you :) you are too kind dear friend.
  • Iamfree LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 19:14:45
    Iamfree
    +4
    Treyman, I understand your passion. I felt the same way when McPain...er, I mean McCain...was running. But an Obama unfettered by the need to run again for President would be a terrible disaster for America. If I thought Paul had a snowball's chance in the desert, it would be a different matter. But I am a realist, and what I know is that Paul can't win a write-in election. I can't stand Romney, but he's at least a little better than Obama, and he will be at least somewhat restrained by the need to run again in 4 years. That would give Independents an opportunity to try again to field a viable candidate. I'm just looking at buying America a little more time at this point.

I fully understand the desire to vote one's principles. But I am reminded of the Mel Gibson character's comments to his state's assembly as they contemplated going to war and his principles were questioned when he said he would not fight. He said he was a father; he did not have the luxury of principles. I am an American, and this election, I am setting my principles aside in order to get the Marxist out of my White House. It's as simple as that.

I do admire your passion, though. I hope you will reconsider when election day comes. But I would certainly understand if you could not.

2014/10/25 12:42:49