Why are so many writing in Ron Paul for President?

Mikki_14 2012/06/11 01:23:36
Because I want Obama for another 4 years.
Because....
Rand Paul has openly endorsed Romney! A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama.

• ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sher... 2012/06/11 01:33:10 (edited)
    Because....
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +30
    Why do you believe that rhetoric? Ron Paul is totally opposite from Obama..ORomney and Obama both support NDAA and the Patriot Act..I am sorry but Romney sucks..People are sick of voting for the lesser of 2 evils or the cleaner turd..People want to vote for the Constitution and the fact of the matter Ron Paul will take Democrats and Independents away from Obama! Why is nobody bitching about Gary Johnson the Libertarian Candidate? If Romney loses it will be because of SEIU and Black Panthers, voter intimidation, voter fraud..I am sick of this rhetoric..We had McCain in 2008 and the only reason MCCain got my vote was because of Sarah Palin!!

• Teri- O... Iamfree 2012/06/11 19:30:46
    Teri- Oregon
    +11
    unfortunately you will only trade one Marxist for a puppet that will follow the same agenda as Obama and next year we will have to fight twice as hard to get him out of office than we did with Obama.
  • ConLibF... Iamfree 2012/06/11 19:33:32
    ConLibFraud
    +13
    You flat out don't get it. The neocons hate Ds and the libs hate Rs. That's how they vote. If ORomney becomes the next president, he will do just enough to keep the gop neocons happy, and that doesn't take any more than having an R associated with his name. But he will continue the rape and pillage of America and then a democrat will take the oval in another 4 years. Meanwhile, more war and more debt will be created if America makes it that far.

You people live in denial of the debt! You deserve what you are going to get!
  • Iamfree ConLibF... 2012/06/11 20:10:49
    Iamfree
    +5
    Did you pay any attention at all to what I said? If I thought Paul had any chance to win, it would be a different story. But I don't live in Wonderland, I live in Kansas, so I have to be practical. Even Paul at this point knows he can't win. There's a difference between staying the course until there is no longer any hope and just flogging a dead horse. If Paul does not at some point come out and ask his supporters to do whatever it takes to remove the Marxist from the White House, I will lose all respect for him. I believe him to be a patriot, so I am hopeful that he will do the right (albeit very hard) thing.
  • ConLibF... Iamfree 2012/06/11 20:14:11
    ConLibFraud
    +9
    Again you are 180 out of whack. I read what you posted. YOU are the one ignoring what is being said.
  • Iamfree ConLibF... 2012/06/11 20:22:31
    Iamfree
    +4
    Sigh. I see talking with you is pointless, so I'll just wish you a nice day.
  • ConLibF... Iamfree 2012/06/11 20:53:06
    ConLibFraud
    +6
    No, you are pouting because YOU refuse to listen and you live in denial that ORomney is the same as Ofraud.
  • Iamfree ConLibF... 2012/06/11 20:56:17
    Iamfree
    +3
    Wow, you really need to grow up and learn to have a polite conversation. I recommend that you take a lesson from how Treyman is able to have a civil conversation. Again, I'll just say goodbye and have a nice day.
  • ConLibF... Iamfree 2012/06/11 21:02:26
    ConLibFraud
    +6
    I refuse to accept your guilt trip. So typical to try and change the subject.
  • teigan Iamfree 2012/06/12 17:37:11
    teigan
    +3
    This one is a waste of time arguing with.
  • Iamfree teigan 2012/06/12 21:31:46
    Iamfree
    +2
    True that, teigan.
  • teigan Iamfree 2012/06/12 17:36:03
    teigan
    +3
    I am hoping for that too. If he is a true Patriot he will put his country before his personal desire.
  • Michael... Iamfree 2012/06/17 01:54:04
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    "If I thought Paul had any chance to win,it would be a different story." with this kind of thinking, no wonder he has no chance. sad, really because I see a lot of these type of comments. I take it you do not have any problem with the patriot act(4th and 6th amendments nullified) and DHS law that takes away freedom of speech, freedom to assemble and your right to trial?
  • Iamfree Michael... 2012/06/18 22:08:59
    Iamfree
    +1
    I have a number of problems with the Patriot Act, yet I don't think it had an evil beginning--just misguided. I think there are repairs to be made to it, and I have written many times to my congresscritters and to both presidents asking that the problems of the Patriot Act be addressed. I assume you have done so as well. But I am not a one issue voter.
  • Michael... Iamfree 2012/06/18 22:26:21
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    "congresscritters" :) well said :p and yes I have btw.
    DHS law that takes away freedom of speech, freedom to assemble and your right to trial? you may view me as a one issue voter. I will give up my life without question, for your right and my kids right to keep these freedoms that have been taken away. Without these rights, there is no way for the people to speak up for themselves and fix SO many other problems in our corrupt government. For me, these rights are top priority...
  • LAAD Gu... Iamfree 2012/06/11 19:39:14
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +11
    And what happens in four years? You don't think the Democrats are going to be the same way about Romney as we have been about Obama? They will be just as desperate to get rid of him as we have been to get rid of Obama. And then we will likely have four more years of Democrat after Romney is President. The strategy of voting the lesser of two evils in order to live to fight another day is not a new one, it's been used for a long time, and it got us in this mess. As long as we do it, America will ALWAYS be afraid to vote on principle because they will be afraid to lose. Well fear of loss gets us no where. We should be able to stand with no fear because we KNOW what we are doing is right, even if we do lose.

Remember, Gibson's character ended up fighting nonetheless. When it comes to matters of principle, who you are inside always comes out.

I will not reconsider, but I do thank you graciousy for commenting peacefully and respectfully about the way I am choosing to vote. And I DO understand your logic when it comes to voting for Romney, completely, I just disagree that is the way to go.

Consider this. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will take the GOP losing, due to 3rd party and write-in voters, to wake up the Republican voters. That is what it will take. We will n...

Consider this. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will take the GOP losing, due to 3rd party and write-in voters, to wake up the Republican voters. That is what it will take. We will never be able to hold the party accountable as long as we vote for the lesser of two evils, because by voting for it they know that they can keep doing it, and it will happen year, after year, after year. Only by showing that we are FED UP, and refusing to vote for a lesser of two evils, will the public wake up to our message. Many say "this election is too important to vote on principle, that defeating Obama is too important"...well that is exactly the reason this election is too important to NOT vote on principle. There is never going to be a "right time" to vote on principle, because that time is ALWAYS. The time to live your life on principle is ALWAYS. The fact of the matter is that as long as we don't do exactly that, the further and further America will slip into the abyss of darkness and decay. The fact of the matter is that it is going to take a PAINFUL loss to wake America up. It's sad, but it's the way it is.
  • rdmatheny LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 19:47:35
    rdmatheny
    +12
    You forgot to mention, the oligarchy WANTS the people "to think" they have a option by voting "the lesser of two evils", because either way, it keeps their little charade going and they win either way. The only losers are the American people.
  • Iamfree LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 20:18:13
    Iamfree
    +4
    "Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will take the GOP losing, due to 3rd party and write-in voters, to wake up the Republican voters. That is what it will take." That's what I thought with McCain, and that's why my husband thought when he voted for Perot years ago. We saw what we ended up with (first Clinton and his women, renewed hatred between the parties, etc., and now Obama, an unmitigated disaster for everyone).

I wish we could shock the GOP into fielding better candidates, but it hasn't happened this year. Perhaps in four years it will. In the meantime, I just can't sacrifice my country on the altar of doing the right thing. I believe Obama to be a dangerous Marxist. As the mother of a newly married daughter, I can't afford to let him remain in power if I can do anything at all in the ballot box to stop him. Romney may be only a little bit of a lesser of two evils, but he is the little bit that I am willing to accept send Obama packing. I'll fight the GOP battle again in four years. In the meantime, I'm spending alot of time and money supporting good conservative candidates for Congress and for my state legislature.

Thanks for the great conversation, and I wish you well.
  • LAAD Gu... Iamfree 2012/06/11 20:29:27 (edited)
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +11
    What I have to say is this. Do you not think that the GOP DEPENDS on us giving up that strategy? They DEPEND on us giving up, because it is the only way they will survive. It takes a RESILIENT and UNDYING effort to defeat evil, you can't just give up when it doesn't work the first, second or third time. You wipe your brow, keep pushing through and try, try and try again. Evil will always prevail as long as it is allowed to exist, it will always spread as long as it is compromised with. BUT evil can only live for so long once you stop feeding it. Evil will always exist, but it can be diminished and minimized. But it takes time to diminish it and it can spread as quickly as wildfire. Compromise only empowers evil, and by compromising your values and principles to vote for Romney, you are merely empowering evil to continue.

You're welcome, thank you too.
  • DDogbreath Iamfree 2012/06/11 21:33:21
  • DDogbreath LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 21:30:39
    DDogbreath
    +8
    They are too chicken to stand up and do the right thing.

chicken
  • LAAD Gu... DDogbreath 2012/06/12 04:03:25
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +8
    a lot of people are
  • teigan Iamfree 2012/06/12 17:33:57
  • ConLibF... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 19:27:05
    ConLibFraud
    +12
    Bravo! The neocons deserve 4 more years of Ofraud!
  • LAAD Gu... ConLibF... 2012/06/11 19:42:30
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +14
    They had their chance. They were warned about what was going to happen. They have no one to blaim but themselves. The fact of the matter is it's going to take a PAINFUL Republican loss to get the voters to WAKE UP.
  • ConLibF... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 19:46:32
    ConLibFraud
    +9
    Agreed! Having Ofraud 4 more years will be a blessing in disguise.
  • LAAD Gu... ConLibF... 2012/06/11 19:59:21
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +10
    Granted, our country has to first survive those four years, but if in fact we do survive it, it will do us far more good this way than if Romney were elected.
  • ConLibF... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 20:07:01
    ConLibFraud
    +9
    Totally agree!!!
  • DDogbreath LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 21:26:29
    DDogbreath
    +8
    YEA TREYMAN!
    yea treyman
  • Bozette LAAD Gu... 2012/06/11 22:16:06
    Bozette
    +5
    Well said, Trey!
  • LAAD Gu... Bozette 2012/06/12 04:08:21
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +6
    Thank you :)
  • RageFury LAAD Gu... 2012/06/12 06:09:19
    RageFury
    +5
    As you already know, Romney brings nothing to the table except support for Obama's policies:
  • LAAD Gu... RageFury 2012/06/12 17:31:07
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +4
    Yup, I have that video on my profile.
  • stl.sha... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/12 07:33:26
    stl.shamrock
    +7
    I'll apologize up front if this sounds a little degrading, but, it's more than a little pathetic when a 19 year old is showing more courage and passion than most his elders.

Treyman, I applaud you. Your voice is unwavering and your resolve is priceless. Thank you.

The basic understanding that "a lesser of two evils is not a choice" is not one that most people get. The idea that we, as a country, might have a very dark times ahead of us is not a concept people are willing to agree to. One of the first lessons I learned when playing poker was to "keep my opponent honest". With a basic two party system, that's not an option. I read a comment on here where politics haven't been honest in "the last century" but even good old "honest" Abe Lincoln wasn't as honest as he's given credit for. Personally, I'm sick of being lied to. I'm not sure what I would do if there was a truly honest politician... I will say, Ron Paul is about as close to honest as I've seen, though. The man has been singing the same tune for over 30 years. He's never wavered from his pro-Constitutional stance and for that, I respect him. Paul does not have an answer for everything and that seems to be a huge detraction in a lot of people's eyes. What these same people fail to realize, Ron Paul (as Preside...

The basic understanding that "a lesser of two evils is not a choice" is not one that most people get. The idea that we, as a country, might have a very dark times ahead of us is not a concept people are willing to agree to. One of the first lessons I learned when playing poker was to "keep my opponent honest". With a basic two party system, that's not an option. I read a comment on here where politics haven't been honest in "the last century" but even good old "honest" Abe Lincoln wasn't as honest as he's given credit for. Personally, I'm sick of being lied to. I'm not sure what I would do if there was a truly honest politician... I will say, Ron Paul is about as close to honest as I've seen, though. The man has been singing the same tune for over 30 years. He's never wavered from his pro-Constitutional stance and for that, I respect him. Paul does not have an answer for everything and that seems to be a huge detraction in a lot of people's eyes. What these same people fail to realize, Ron Paul (as President) doesn't have to have all the answers. He wants to peel back the government's responsibilities and give those responsibilities back to the "People".

Are, We the People scared of making our own choices? The answer is a resounding "YES!" For far too long, we have been coddled and talked to like children. I am not a child. My father used to say, "You must accept the rewards (or consequences) for what you do or say." I agree with him. If I make poor choices, then I should not be rewarded.

In general, people stand by the two party (lesser of two evils) system because they can pick a side. The same old (tired) slogans and arguments are used by both, so what difference does it make which one you pick? It makes a huge difference if people were to choose based on principles and not out of fear. Fear should never be a deciding factor in anything, so why do people use it for something so important as the direction of our country? Because (this is going to sound repetitious...) the two party system is based on fear. It's been so commonplace, for so long, that most people don't even realize it's fear that's making them choose one side over another.

I know who I'm choosing as my next President, even if his name needs to be written in. It'll be said that I "voted for Obama", but at least, I'll know I acted on principles and not out of fear.
  • LAAD Gu... stl.sha... 2012/06/12 17:40:13
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +6
    I couldn't agree more, thank you sir.
  • nverumind LAAD Gu... 2012/06/13 21:19:12
    nverumind
    +3
    WELL said!
  • LAAD Gu... nverumind 2012/06/14 03:15:44
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    Thank you! :)
  • Michael... LAAD Gu... 2012/06/17 01:42:18
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +1
    very well stated Treyman!
  • LAAD Gu... Michael... 2012/06/17 18:59:08
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Thank you my friend :)
  • Tink123 2012/06/11 18:19:28
    Because....
    Tink123
    +15
    Because we have principles and are not willing to compromise them for an empty suit.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/06/11 17:40:12
    Because....
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +13
    Because most people realize that there isn't a dime's difference between Obama or Romney (democrat-lite). Ron Paul supporters actually vote for their candidate because they support Ron Paul. Romney Voters only are voting for him because they are voting against Obama - despite the fact that they haven't a clue what they may in fact be voting for.

"Anyone but" is possibly the most dangerous phrase in politics.

2014/10/21 15:17:50