Why are so many writing in Ron Paul for President?

Mikki_14 2012/06/11 01:23:36
Because I want Obama for another 4 years.
Because....
Rand Paul has openly endorsed Romney! A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama.

• ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sher... 2012/06/11 01:33:10 (edited)
    Because....
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +30
    Why do you believe that rhetoric? Ron Paul is totally opposite from Obama..ORomney and Obama both support NDAA and the Patriot Act..I am sorry but Romney sucks..People are sick of voting for the lesser of 2 evils or the cleaner turd..People want to vote for the Constitution and the fact of the matter Ron Paul will take Democrats and Independents away from Obama! Why is nobody bitching about Gary Johnson the Libertarian Candidate? If Romney loses it will be because of SEIU and Black Panthers, voter intimidation, voter fraud..I am sick of this rhetoric..We had McCain in 2008 and the only reason MCCain got my vote was because of Sarah Palin!!

• POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/11/02 22:26:40
    Because....
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    Richard Gilbert the attorney that perpetuated all the lawsuits has stated and I heard that it will get Obama elected, please do not fall for this mans crap he is a fraud!
    The lawsuit has been dropped and your votes WILL NOT help anyone!
    lk l
  • belle 2012/06/17 19:19:07
    Because....
    belle
    +1
    They are angry and hurt about the fact he did not get the republican nomination. Their anger as taken oven their emotions, and are not thinking clearly about the end results. Later after it is over and if Obama is reelected with their help, for sime they will realize what a mistake they made, But it will be to late they will have to live with what they helped do to what was once a great country.
  • Michaelene 2012/06/17 18:05:09
    Because....
    Michaelene
    +2
    Because RP has to constantly reminds his supporters to be respectful, he is ashamed of their behavior and has lost control of his supporters. Many of them will vote for Obama rather than Romney, regardless of what DR Paul wants. No more Obama!
    Last election Mickey Mouse had the most write in votes and his supporters do not care that the only thing they will do is beat a cartoon character's write ins while ensuring 4 more years of Obama.
  • Dan (Politicaly Incorrect) 2012/06/17 01:35:46 (edited)
  • JesusIs... Dan (Po... 2012/06/17 05:24:03
    JesusIsMyGod
    Prove that he supports socialism.
  • Dan (Po... JesusIs... 2012/06/17 12:10:06
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    +2
    Didn't say that he supports Socialism. I said he gives voice to Socialist on his program. Like Marxine Waters and that idiot Cindy Shehan.
  • Phyl *I... Dan (Po... 2012/06/17 19:13:10
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +2
    Romney. People for Ron Paul ,he is no longer in this race Let me ask you this 1' would you write Paul in knowing yes obama would win 2' we all would lose our freedom ,our Country.I can not take that chance I have grand kids that need us to save America freedom all that we love.Please think long and hard .I haveto vote for our country= Romney..
  • cantomagica 2012/06/16 20:18:25
    Because....
    cantomagica
    +2
    I'm with The Rock and "Because" on this one. Ron Paul is the obvious choice for President. He's for the Constitution, has a consistent record, and is not a spendthrift! He always has a plan, and follows through...always does a great job, and not at the expense of the American people.
  • Arizona1950 2012/06/16 20:00:43 (edited)
    Because....
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan and a proven record of consistency in inititating them ... too bad the DEM/GOP Progressived Party stalled and misdirected what should have been done a long time ago.

and many are wrong to believe that a write-in vote is a vote for Obama ... it is not. It counts for nothing. It is normal procedure to throw write-in votes in the trash.

So if Ron Paul is not the nominee for the Republican Party I will be voting for Gary Johnson who holds much of the same ideologies and direction as RP, who is the nominee for the Libertarian Party, and will be on the ballot.
  • Jorge Enriquez 2012/06/16 18:45:42
    Because....
    Jorge Enriquez
    Do u think that?
  • U-Dog 2012/06/16 18:44:13 (edited)
    Because....
    U-Dog
    +3
    A vote for Ron Paul or any other candidate aside from Obama and ORomney is a vote against the Demopublican -- heads they win, tails the people lose - lesser evil mobster machine. If you want to delude yourself into believing that ORomney is some sort of fundamentally different savior and act like an Obama voter be my guest; but, it is really the fiscal and social conservatives who have retreated -- AGAIN -- from the fight for liberty and not the steadfast constitutional small government, rule of law Ron Paul supporters.

You and your pals can go sell that crazy somewhere else cause we ain't buying around here.
  • Arizona... U-Dog 2012/06/16 19:55:53
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Well said. :-)
  • ohsmith ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/16 18:09:35
    Because....
    ohsmith ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +3
    I believe in Ron Paul.
  • Gunner 2012/06/16 15:32:15
    Because....
    Gunner
    +2
    Paul supporters are extremely narrow minded. They completely ignore a President's most important responsibility - National Security. Ron Paul's positions on national security and foreign policy are outright dangerous. To sum it up I'll quote Paul. When asked what his position was on the wars in Iraq (we still had combat troops there) and Afghanistan, he flat-out replied that we should "bring all of our troops home" without addressing the ramifications of doing so. When asked how he would confront the threat from Iran, he replied "Well, maybe we should try being nicer to them." If my memory is correct, America's pre-WWI policy of isolationism died when WWI started. The fact of the matter is, the world is much smaller nowadays. Hence, much of America's security, economy, prosperity, etc. hinges in great part on foreign policy and international relations. In this regard, Ron Paul lives in a vacuum. Paul supporters share that vacuum. I can't wait to hear Paul supporters' replies.
  • U-Dog Gunner 2012/06/16 18:55:53
    U-Dog
    +4
    Instead of just parroting a couple of lines and treating the debates as some sort of American Idol contest perhaps you should actually try reading a book or two some time... Dimwit!
    ron paul foreign policy ron paul book
  • Gunner U-Dog 2012/06/16 19:38:22
    Gunner
    +1
    Parroting a couple of lines? These simple lines speak mountains as to his position on national security and foreign policy. Dangerous. And your angry "dimwit" response is just what I always expect from Paul supporters. I'm actually surprised that you: 1) Didn't reply that, "It ain't so. He never said that!"; and 2) Didn't call me a liar.
  • U-Dog Gunner 2012/06/16 19:54:02
    U-Dog
    +4
    Surprise, surprise, knee jerk assumptions and irrational rants.

You must be a real thinker type to believe that someone making an observation of another's apparent lack of facts and ignorant rush to judgment based on a couple of lines within a national -- beauty contest -- debate is angry. Didn't mean to overtax you there pal.
  • Arizona... U-Dog 2012/06/16 19:57:46
    Arizona1950
    +3
    [giggle]
  • Gunner U-Dog 2012/06/16 20:19:14
    Gunner
    +1
    Angry, angry, angry.
  • U-Dog Gunner 2012/06/16 21:15:14
    U-Dog
    +2
    LOL.. okeydoke.
  • RageFury Gunner 2012/06/17 03:15:31
    RageFury
    +3
    Have you considered bombing or invading just about every significant country in the Middle East might be a bad thing to do?
    Have you considered invasion of just about every significant country in the Middle East might cause more to scramble for Nuke tech?
    Have you considered the deaths of the civilians that we have caused, might just create more "terrorists"?
    Have you considered that the last time Iran invaded anyone?
    Have you considered that Invading Iran might bring about WWIII, pitting the US against Russia and China, both who are friends of Iran?
    Have you considered China's military being upgraded these last couple decades and that they still have Nukes and can blast satellites? eg no GPS guided anything...
    Have you considered China now gets some of its Oil from Iran?
    Have you considered most of our production is gone and China's production is now supreme?

Have you considered the liberty lost because of people like you?

Have you considered we may no longer be the Land of the Free and certainly are no longer the Home of the Brave because of people like you?

Have you considered anything?

What you preach based on your support of "Security" and current foreign policy:
    Security before Liberty.
    Loss of Liberty is ok.
    The un-Patriot Act is ok.
    The NDAA is ok.
    Indefinite detention is ok.
    Gitti...

Have you considered anything?

Security before Liberty.
    Loss of Liberty is ok.
    The un-Patriot Act is ok.
    The NDAA is ok.
    Indefinite detention is ok.
    Gittimo is ok, even if US citizens are sent there.
    Torture is ok.
    Ignoring the Constitution is ok.
    Restructuring the Middle East, by force, to our desires is ok.
    War on brown people is ok.
    Murder of women and children and any civilians is ok.
    Murder of US citizens overseas is ok.
    Preemptive war is ok ,even if it is based on lies.
    Repeatedly sending our soldiers to die and suffer mental incapacitating issues against countries that can barely even fight back is ok.
    Constant meddling in other people's affairs is ok.
    Presidents acting outside of Congress and invading/bombing other countries is ok.
    Blowback is irrelevant and more 9/11s is ok.

You seriously ok with all that?
  • Pug For Huck 2012/06/16 11:23:20
    Because....
    Pug For Huck
    +4
    Whereas they don't like either candidate other than Paul, they don't seem to see the potential effect of their write-in, or don't care.

I'm especially torqued about the Paulbots who threaten to vote for Obama.
  • Michael... Pug For... 2012/06/16 17:00:39
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +2
    most of us vote for whom or what we believe in, period.
  • Pug For... Michael... 2012/06/17 00:15:24 (edited)
    Pug For Huck
    +1
    OK..you writing him in?
  • Michael... Pug For... 2012/06/17 01:38:45
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +1
    if that's my only choice, that's exactly what I will do. voting for the lessor of 2 evils is just plain stupid in my mind. both "mainstream" candidates are a joke and are owned by the same corporations and banks.
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/06/16 06:12:41
    Because....
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +2
    because he is the ONLY candidate that speaks to what I believe. obama and mitt, same ol sorry corporate and bank owned douche bags. its really not too hard to figure this out. neither one will get my vote period. dont want obama, get behind Paul. No way in hell Im voting for mitt :)
  • Kane Fe... Michael... 2012/06/16 16:31:04
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Ron is an isolationist. He wants to cut the military in half. He wants to bring the troops home and let despots and tyrants rule the world. Ron is for states allowing abortion, gay marriage, and anything states want. How long will the country stand against the world?
  • Michael... Kane Fe... 2012/06/16 16:57:30
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +2
    LOL!, check your "facts". "isolationist" you parrot lamestream media. turn off your tv and do some actual research ;)
  • Kane Fe... Michael... 2012/06/16 17:16:31
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    I get my information from the internet. I get Ron Paul's newsletters in my email. Paul is out of the race. Rand endorsed Romney and Ron's trying to get enough money to pay his debts. http://www.conservativenewsan... http://www.wnd.com/2011/08/33... http://news.yahoo.com/ron-pau... http://www.yourblackworld.com...
  • Michael... Kane Fe... 2012/06/16 17:50:00
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +1
    this is your research, LOL! ;)
  • Kane Fe... Michael... 2012/06/17 15:48:12
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Where do you get yours? PRAVDA. Russia is for Paul. They like his idea of surrender. They know they can control the world if the US withdraws.
  • DizziNY 2012/06/16 04:04:31
    Because....
    DizziNY
    +1
    The other two candidates SUCK.
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/06/15 20:52:10
    Because....
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +2
    It is a talking point. Write-in candidates are not possible in most states in presidential elections without a lot of work being done to make it possible. Ron Paul is not supporting that and it won't happen. That's not to say that disgruntled RP supporters won't stay home. Many may well do that. Since RP never garnered much more than a few % of votes and since I'm predicting a landslide loss for Obama, I just don't think it will matter. Maybe a vote of conscience for a Constitution-abiding, freedom-loving anti-statist would give the republican party elites reason to pause. I'm hoping the tea party can remake the republican party into one that is more anti-statist. We shall see.
  • Red Branch 2012/06/14 03:36:20
    Because....
    Red Branch
    +1
    I would have settled for Obama to lose the election.
  • James 2012/06/13 04:22:16
    Because....
    James
    in reality, any vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. Obama and Romney are so alike that it won't matter which candidate you would vote for. You're still going to get:

1. War
    2. Welfare
    3. Big Government
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/12 23:22:36
    Because....
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I have to assume they don't give a damn about the future of this country, either that or they were Democrats all along?
  • Jacob Mahurien 2012/06/12 19:03:49
    Because....
    Jacob Mahurien
    +3
    I don't agree with either Romney or Obama and don't want to have to vote for them just because you tell us to.
    Because....
    +2
    Ask them. I hate to tell them, but I know of no State Division of Elections that is ready to honor those write-in votes this fall. Where is the slate of elector-candidates having instructions to vote for the successful write-in candidate for President?
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/06/12 17:22:29
    Because....
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    Paulpukes are morons too stupid to realize the consequences of their actions. Their ignorance is only superseded by their arrogance
  • teigan 2012/06/12 17:12:46
    Because....
    teigan
    +1
    Because they are angry that he did not get the nomination. And out of that anger they will vote against the country that they claim to love. If the vote is split and Obama gets another 4 years they will have nobody to blame but themselves. At this point Ron Paul's supporters are making themselves part of the problem and not the solution. We are all going to be forced to fight a war to save out country, a war it looks like Ron Paul supporters want even though they claim to be against war. Obama already has drones in the air above the U.S., drones that he is planning to arm. I'm not sure that they really understand or care about the loss of innocent people that this war is going to bring.

2014/09/30 18:01:22