Why are more teens exposing themselves online?

funkadelica 2008/12/11 20:19:12
Teens are exposing themselves online because they want attention.
Teens are exposing themselves online because they are bored at home.
I think teens are exposing themselves online because...
New research has shown that about 1 in 5 teenagers have emailed, texted, or posted online nude or semi-nude photos of themselves. This is a fast rising trend for teens, and is only getting larger. About one-third of teens and young adults said exchanging sexually suggestive content makes dating or hooking up with others more likely. About 30 percent of teenagers believe those exchanging sexy content are "expected" to date or hook up.

Why do you think more teens are exposing themselves online?

• Marky-Mark 2008/12/11 20:31:29
    Marky-Mark
    +7
    it's getting easier to do due to technology, and because they are naturally curious about their sexuality and how others react to it. Not saying it's a good thing, but it is understandable.

• Devil's Advocate 2014/05/09 21:37:18
    Devil's Advocate
    It is a new avenue for teenagers to express their sexuality. Before the internet, they showed each other physically. Now, technology has provides a new means to do so.
  • cmdrbnd007 2014/05/09 11:52:33
    cmdrbnd007
    Because teens are stupid.
  • Sachikø-the-shy-kunøichi 2014/05/09 03:30:51
  • flaca BN-0 2014/05/09 01:52:19
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    teens are so obsessed with doing whatever their peers do, they feel that if they're not just the same as everyone else, they won't be accepted. There's no room for individuality with teens. You're either the same as everyone else or you're a target. Pack mentality.
  • DragonHawk 2014/05/08 23:46:50
    DragonHawk
    Teens reasons for exposing themselves on line probably aren't as simple as the other two options, and probably vary as widely as their, and our, reasons for doing pretty much anything else they/we do.
  • Cuthbert Allsgood 2014/05/08 23:43:41
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    Because its a normal thing for humans reaching sexual maturity to do, especially once you add in the level of technology that exists today. I'm not saying its a smart thing to do, but we have evolved our societal expectations of behavior to be at odds with our natural physical evolution.
  • Chrisfragger1 2014/05/08 22:05:37
    Chrisfragger1
    Because of lowered morality and liberal policies in America. They have less and less shame and self control. There are record numbers of Abortions today, children are having sex younger and younger today, there are some children becoming pregnant before they are teens.

It's the downfall of the society upon us.
  • Jesse 2014/05/08 21:02:28
    Jesse
    How about... "Stupid"?
  • Michelle 2014/05/08 20:55:42
    Michelle
    +2
    Your question here says "more teens"... the problem with that is the internet has only been in homes for about twenty years now.

For the first ten, parents were a lot more conscious of their child's exposure to it, posting photographs online was less of a thing, and it was also a lot more difficult. If it was as easy as it is now twenty years ago, then I guarantee you 90s teens would have been doing it, too.
  • Food Stamp Papa (Phart) 2014/05/08 20:12:28
    Food Stamp Papa (Phart)
    and parents are paying attention to what they are doing. if my kids where doing that,i'd hit the roof and nor more internet for them!
  • johnbrenni2009@att.net 2014/05/08 20:05:46
    johnbrenni2009@att.net
    +1
    that and we live in a society that sexualizes teens and younger . what parent in their right mind would doll their 5 year old daughter up like a miss America contestant.in a bathing suit sometimes no less ? guaranteed to be a few sicko's in the audience .
  • TyVig 2014/05/08 20:05:07
    TyVig
    +5
    There's no such thing as the good old days.

I guarandamntee that if it were available 60 years ago we'd be seeing the same.
    days guarandamntee 60 years
  • DragonHawk TyVig 2014/05/08 23:55:14
    DragonHawk
    +2
    Teens have been sexual since BEFORE humans evolved. Up until about 70-80 years ago a girl was considered an old maid if she reach 14-15 unmarried. She was also likely to have been married off by her nearest male relative BEFORE she could get in trouble.
  • TyVig DragonHawk 2014/05/08 23:59:07
  • SlaveWaterNymph 2014/05/08 20:02:46
    SlaveWaterNymph
    not only are teens doing it but young adults are as well. And its easy to do, because of technology is at their fingertips.
  • kobidobidog 2014/05/08 20:01:05
    kobidobidog
    +3
    It is because it is normal God damn it. The body, all of it is normal. Take that oppressive law away. Let furries in furry suits let it all hang out if they want to. The intestines will not be hanging out. People it seems would like that.
  • DENNIS TEEL 2012/10/14 05:39:34
    DENNIS TEEL
    TEENS ARE NOT stupid anymore or naive..this is 2012 --the internet has opened up to teens ,things that 10 years ago on back weren't available to minors.they couldn't see tons of people having sex,in every position known to mankind.the average 9 year old couldn't even see it on tv or in movies without sneaking into an R movie and stealing a porn mag wasn't even in a 9 year old's thoughts yet.a 13 and even a 15 year old and even an adult couldn't see X and quad triple X unless going to the right kind of theater.but because of the internet,ANY ONE of any age can type words like tits in to a search engine(not to mention other words that i won't even type here)and they're taken to a world of any kind of sex imaginable.what started out as curiousity has wound being at the mosta sexual addiction and at the least,sexually pleasureable.and don't think for a moment that a 9 year old or younger cant find sex pleasurable and by sex i mean self stimulation which began with googling something.ie,young people today,regardless of age,if they have access to the internet,have seen sex stuff galore..this encourages sexual stimulation//yes i'm saying that millions of kids today have tasted sex,through at least self stimulation,because if they haven't through others,then they've learned of sel...
    TEENS ARE NOT stupid anymore or naive..this is 2012 --the internet has opened up to teens ,things that 10 years ago on back weren't available to minors.they couldn't see tons of people having sex,in every position known to mankind.the average 9 year old couldn't even see it on tv or in movies without sneaking into an R movie and stealing a porn mag wasn't even in a 9 year old's thoughts yet.a 13 and even a 15 year old and even an adult couldn't see X and quad triple X unless going to the right kind of theater.but because of the internet,ANY ONE of any age can type words like tits in to a search engine(not to mention other words that i won't even type here)and they're taken to a world of any kind of sex imaginable.what started out as curiousity has wound being at the mosta sexual addiction and at the least,sexually pleasureable.and don't think for a moment that a 9 year old or younger cant find sex pleasurable and by sex i mean self stimulation which began with googling something.ie,young people today,regardless of age,if they have access to the internet,have seen sex stuff galore..this encourages sexual stimulation//yes i'm saying that millions of kids today have tasted sex,through at least self stimulation,because if they haven't through others,then they've learned of self stimulatiuon through the same kind of googling.i think the world will be shocked some day when research shows that millions encountered their first sexual solo encounter as early as 8 or 9 merely because of the internet and simplicity of surfing to sites that display hard core sexuality.people are being 'turned on' to sexual feelings way too young these days.and it will be researched and proven,but only because of the mental/emotional problems that society will incur later from it
  • DragonHawk DENNIS ... 2014/05/09 00:01:21
    DragonHawk
    I saw my one and only R movie when I was twelve. The theater and was always insisting on changing me the adult price so I told them I wanted at ticket for the adult movie. Back then all you saw was the sheet moving. Not even any naked bodies.
  • Alla 2009/07/29 22:40:53
    Alla
    +1
    and they are idiots
  • jbmorgang 2009/06/30 17:35:34
    jbmorgang
    +2
    no ones home. you've got a camera and the internet. what do you think is gonna happen?
  • Ispellbad 2009/06/29 23:27:17 (edited)
    Ispellbad
    They have no parental supervision or any responsible adult that is in controle at home! That knows what the hell their kids are doing on line. Call me mean or what ever Parents need to take the computers out of the kids supervision responsible adult controle home kids line parents computers kids rooms and put them on a stricked diet of study if the kids do anything else on the computer then they shouldnt be aloud on them. Point Blank I am the law in my house! What I say goes if they want to have it diffrent then they can live some where else I know what goes down under my roof!
  • Mel Foster Ispellbad 2012/05/25 20:28:52 (edited)
    Mel Foster
    +2
    "Stricked"?Can't spell too good,can you?Last letter on the word is a "t" after the vowel.TYeens do the nudie pcs by camphones too and can do that in a school bathroom.What are you gonnna do,put security cams in the girls' stalls and tape a girl 12 taking a crap?I don't think so,Scooter,.Lose the fascism.This country alone has over 400,000 girl nudists running naked in camps,park,colonies and at nude beaches,amid adults and no one gives to whoops and a holler.FFBBBTTT to all you theistic fanatics censors of free wll.I see a kid touched I hurt the attacker four times as bad as the kid is,espcially against rape,but I am NOT so arrogant as to defy the will of God and not even HE messes wth free will,so who the hell are YOU ?Nero?Gonna burn Rome again?
  • I_have_Betterthanyouness 2009/06/10 00:50:50
    I_have_Betterthanyouness
    parents unite aginst this
  • Mel Foster I_have_... 2012/05/25 20:43:14 (edited)
    Mel Foster
    +3
    Bubblehead,if you and oher parents of the not-yet-adults PAID ATTENTION to the kis and INCLUDED THEM IN SOCIAL TIME,would they really consider doing anything radical/Kids who feel unloved at home are liehe nudistv teens abovementioned.You selfrighteous pseudointellectual; wanna be elitists coll;ctively have all te menta process es of a gadenia and about tenagers you hneed a proctologist with hose to irrigate the brindle in your eyes and off your breath from all the talking you do trying tp show how superior you are as teenagers flip you off and fairmindeds with your recovery from your obvious mental afflictions. You have them.Kids grow out out of the stuff they pull.How come you weren't so "comcerned" as a teen that you didn't say squat about your sister and girl 1st cousin standing up using the same trees as their dogs as you watched?
  • Robby 2009/05/08 18:16:19
    Robby
    Attention plain & simple... It's just so sad.
  • ©TransAmTam~Metal Queen \m/ 2009/05/01 02:04:26
  • Dan 2009/05/01 01:55:11 (edited)
    Dan
    +1
    Most of them (probably more than 90% of them) have no talents or noteworthy achievements, yet (in this MySpace generation) they all want to be known for something. It's pretty pathetic, actually. Instead of them trying to actually achieve something to be proud of, they flood the internet with their pictures, as if any one of them will be remembered by anyone beyond their close circle of friends. Narcissism is what this generation is all about.
    I remember a time when you actually had to achieve goals in life to have any credibility or to receive commendations. This generation promotes itself based on nothing. That's why they love the idiotic pop music (it's popular today and forgotten tomorrow).
    Sorry to appear to be mean, but I'm just being honest. Honesty should be important even to today's teenagers, right?
  • donut 2009/04/21 01:24:20
    donut
    are stupid sometimes
  • Adam Troy 2009/03/25 01:36:18
    Adam Troy
    Hello:

They are insecure and need to be asured they are in fact men and women. Future! Divorcee's and single parents. They are our future America. God help us. Bye: Adam Troy
  • lexyyyyyyyyy 2009/03/24 04:47:11
    lexyyyyyyyyy
    serious... any dumb attention seekers would do tt, cuz they're desperate for some. which is stupid and it fucks up ur reputation. teenagers r shitter every second. the world will be crupt. the sad thing is that....it works
  • ~sky~ 2009/03/17 22:36:10
  • silentlynumb 2009/03/17 21:29:55
    silentlynumb
    they are lost and longing for someone (possibly a parent to show them the correct path to take in life). It is hard to answer a question like this one. There are so many variables. It's like asking why do girls become hookers or stripers or pornvictims? Could it be that they feel there are no other options for them? That this is all they are capable of in life? Maybe they feel like they are no better than how good they look and those looks will run out soon so they need to make the most of it while they can. Sadly the most they can come up with are naked online post, hopes of being on a GGW video, or being the next washed up, skank on the next reality show where they can use the skills they learned through High school. Because obviously they aren't learning anything else viable for their futures.
  • I think teens are exposing themselves online because...
    ♥ ♥ ♥ *Nat.a.Lie*  ♥ ♥ ♥
    +1
    it's fun
  • silentl... ♥ ♥ ♥ *... 2009/03/17 21:34:12
    silentlynumb
    It's sad!
  • lexyyyy... ♥ ♥ ♥ *... 2009/03/24 04:50:04
    lexyyyyyyyyy
    *cough* whore *cough*
  • john lexyyyy... 2014/05/08 20:08:17
    john
    +2
    That is helping no one and makes you worse...and get that cough fixed..
  • Robby ♥ ♥ ♥ *... 2009/05/08 18:24:00
    Robby
    It's sad, because you have NO IDEA who's looking @ you. Some1 could be the 2nd coming of Ted Bundy, while he's drooling over your pic (or doing something even worse). & W/ all of the info that you show & say about yourself, you're making it easy for said individual to find you, not to mention that you could ruin your reputation @ school. In short: THINK B4 U POST!
  • NGFI 2009/01/09 02:57:50 (edited)
    NGFI
    +1
    I think it's because of attention, but I think they are more of wanting other people wanting to tell them how 'sexy' they are so they would feel better about themselves such as 'how skinny they are' and they would have stupid stories to tell such as 'Hey...friend...some guy on-line said I was sexy and wanted to f*** me and I was like....' I think they do it to feel better about themselves as a reassurance that they are not ugly--now a days there are tons of girls *and guys* that think if they are not sexy then no one would want to date them or have sex with them which is what most hormonal teens want
  • ~sky~ NGFI 2009/03/17 22:45:39 (edited)
  • Dude Dude pants 2009/01/05 01:05:26
    Dude Dude pants
    and they are getting it

2014/10/01 14:38:14