Why are more teens exposing themselves online?

funkadelica 2008/12/11 20:19:12
Teens are exposing themselves online because they want attention.
Teens are exposing themselves online because they are bored at home.
I think teens are exposing themselves online because...
New research has shown that about 1 in 5 teenagers have emailed, texted, or posted online nude or semi-nude photos of themselves. This is a fast rising trend for teens, and is only getting larger. About one-third of teens and young adults said exchanging sexually suggestive content makes dating or hooking up with others more likely. About 30 percent of teenagers believe those exchanging sexy content are "expected" to date or hook up.

Why do you think more teens are exposing themselves online?

• Marky-Mark 2008/12/11 20:31:29
    Marky-Mark
    +7
    it's getting easier to do due to technology, and because they are naturally curious about their sexuality and how others react to it. Not saying it's a good thing, but it is understandable.

• DENNIS TEEL 2012/10/14 05:39:34
    DENNIS TEEL
    TEENS ARE NOT stupid anymore or naive..this is 2012 --the internet has opened up to teens ,things that 10 years ago on back weren't available to minors.they couldn't see tons of people having sex,in every position known to mankind.the average 9 year old couldn't even see it on tv or in movies without sneaking into an R movie and stealing a porn mag wasn't even in a 9 year old's thoughts yet.a 13 and even a 15 year old and even an adult couldn't see X and quad triple X unless going to the right kind of theater.but because of the internet,ANY ONE of any age can type words like tits in to a search engine(not to mention other words that i won't even type here)and they're taken to a world of any kind of sex imaginable.what started out as curiousity has wound being at the mosta sexual addiction and at the least,sexually pleasureable.and don't think for a moment that a 9 year old or younger cant find sex pleasurable and by sex i mean self stimulation which began with googling something.ie,young people today,regardless of age,if they have access to the internet,have seen sex stuff galore..this encourages sexual stimulation//yes i'm saying that millions of kids today have tasted sex,through at least self stimulation,because if they haven't through others,then they've learned of sel...
    TEENS ARE NOT stupid anymore or naive..this is 2012 --the internet has opened up to teens ,things that 10 years ago on back weren't available to minors.they couldn't see tons of people having sex,in every position known to mankind.the average 9 year old couldn't even see it on tv or in movies without sneaking into an R movie and stealing a porn mag wasn't even in a 9 year old's thoughts yet.a 13 and even a 15 year old and even an adult couldn't see X and quad triple X unless going to the right kind of theater.but because of the internet,ANY ONE of any age can type words like tits in to a search engine(not to mention other words that i won't even type here)and they're taken to a world of any kind of sex imaginable.what started out as curiousity has wound being at the mosta sexual addiction and at the least,sexually pleasureable.and don't think for a moment that a 9 year old or younger cant find sex pleasurable and by sex i mean self stimulation which began with googling something.ie,young people today,regardless of age,if they have access to the internet,have seen sex stuff galore..this encourages sexual stimulation//yes i'm saying that millions of kids today have tasted sex,through at least self stimulation,because if they haven't through others,then they've learned of self stimulatiuon through the same kind of googling.i think the world will be shocked some day when research shows that millions encountered their first sexual solo encounter as early as 8 or 9 merely because of the internet and simplicity of surfing to sites that display hard core sexuality.people are being 'turned on' to sexual feelings way too young these days.and it will be researched and proven,but only because of the mental/emotional problems that society will incur later from it
  • Alla 2009/07/29 22:40:53
    Alla
    +1
    and they are idiots
  • jbmorgang 2009/06/30 17:35:34
    jbmorgang
    +1
    no ones home. you've got a camera and the internet. what do you think is gonna happen?
  • Ispellbad 2009/06/29 23:27:17 (edited)
    Ispellbad
    They have no parental supervision or any responsible adult that is in controle at home! That knows what the hell their kids are doing on line. Call me mean or what ever Parents need to take the computers out of the kids supervision responsible adult controle home kids line parents computers kids rooms and put them on a stricked diet of study if the kids do anything else on the computer then they shouldnt be aloud on them. Point Blank I am the law in my house! What I say goes if they want to have it diffrent then they can live some where else I know what goes down under my roof!
  • Mel Foster Ispellbad 2012/05/25 20:28:52 (edited)
    Mel Foster
    +1
    "Stricked"?Can't spell too good,can you?Last letter on the word is a "t" after the vowel.TYeens do the nudie pcs by camphones too and can do that in a school bathroom.What are you gonnna do,put security cams in the girls' stalls and tape a girl 12 taking a crap?I don't think so,Scooter,.Lose the fascism.This country alone has over 400,000 girl nudists running naked in camps,park,colonies and at nude beaches,amid adults and no one gives to whoops and a holler.FFBBBTTT to all you theistic fanatics censors of free wll.I see a kid touched I hurt the attacker four times as bad as the kid is,espcially against rape,but I am NOT so arrogant as to defy the will of God and not even HE messes wth free will,so who the hell are YOU ?Nero?Gonna burn Rome again?
  • I_have_Betterthanyouness 2009/06/10 00:50:50
    I_have_Betterthanyouness
    parents unite aginst this
  • Mel Foster I_have_... 2012/05/25 20:43:14 (edited)
    Mel Foster
    +3
    Bubblehead,if you and oher parents of the not-yet-adults PAID ATTENTION to the kis and INCLUDED THEM IN SOCIAL TIME,would they really consider doing anything radical/Kids who feel unloved at home are liehe nudistv teens abovementioned.You selfrighteous pseudointellectual; wanna be elitists coll;ctively have all te menta process es of a gadenia and about tenagers you hneed a proctologist with hose to irrigate the brindle in your eyes and off your breath from all the talking you do trying tp show how superior you are as teenagers flip you off and fairmindeds with your recovery from your obvious mental afflictions. You have them.Kids grow out out of the stuff they pull.How come you weren't so "comcerned" as a teen that you didn't say squat about your sister and girl 1st cousin standing up using the same trees as their dogs as you watched?
  • Robby 2009/05/08 18:16:19
    Robby
    Attention plain & simple... It's just so sad.
  • ©TransAmTam~Metal Queen \m/ 2009/05/01 02:04:26
  • Dan 2009/05/01 01:55:11 (edited)
    Dan
    Most of them (probably more than 90% of them) have no talents or noteworthy achievements, yet (in this MySpace generation) they all want to be known for something. It's pretty pathetic, actually. Instead of them trying to actually achieve something to be proud of, they flood the internet with their pictures, as if any one of them will be remembered by anyone beyond their close circle of friends. Narcissism is what this generation is all about.
    I remember a time when you actually had to achieve goals in life to have any credibility or to receive commendations. This generation promotes itself based on nothing. That's why they love the idiotic pop music (it's popular today and forgotten tomorrow).
    Sorry to appear to be mean, but I'm just being honest. Honesty should be important even to today's teenagers, right?
  • donut 2009/04/21 01:24:20
    donut
    are stupid sometimes
  • Adam Troy 2009/03/25 01:36:18
    Adam Troy
    Hello:

They are insecure and need to be asured they are in fact men and women. Future! Divorcee's and single parents. They are our future America. God help us. Bye: Adam Troy
  • lexyyyyyyyyy 2009/03/24 04:47:11
    lexyyyyyyyyy
    serious... any dumb attention seekers would do tt, cuz they're desperate for some. which is stupid and it fucks up ur reputation. teenagers r shitter every second. the world will be crupt. the sad thing is that....it works
  • ~sky~ 2009/03/17 22:36:10
  • silentlynumb 2009/03/17 21:29:55
    silentlynumb
    they are lost and longing for someone (possibly a parent to show them the correct path to take in life). It is hard to answer a question like this one. There are so many variables. It's like asking why do girls become hookers or stripers or pornvictims? Could it be that they feel there are no other options for them? That this is all they are capable of in life? Maybe they feel like they are no better than how good they look and those looks will run out soon so they need to make the most of it while they can. Sadly the most they can come up with are naked online post, hopes of being on a GGW video, or being the next washed up, skank on the next reality show where they can use the skills they learned through High school. Because obviously they aren't learning anything else viable for their futures.
  • I think teens are exposing themselves online because...
    ♥ ♥ ♥ *Nat.a.Lie*  ♥ ♥ ♥
    it's fun
  • silentl... ♥ ♥ ♥ *... 2009/03/17 21:34:12
    silentlynumb
    It's sad!
  • lexyyyy... ♥ ♥ ♥ *... 2009/03/24 04:50:04
    lexyyyyyyyyy
    *cough* whore *cough*
  • Robby ♥ ♥ ♥ *... 2009/05/08 18:24:00
    Robby
    It's sad, because you have NO IDEA who's looking @ you. Some1 could be the 2nd coming of Ted Bundy, while he's drooling over your pic (or doing something even worse). & W/ all of the info that you show & say about yourself, you're making it easy for said individual to find you, not to mention that you could ruin your reputation @ school. In short: THINK B4 U POST!
  • NGFI 2009/01/09 02:57:50 (edited)
    NGFI
    +1
    I think it's because of attention, but I think they are more of wanting other people wanting to tell them how 'sexy' they are so they would feel better about themselves such as 'how skinny they are' and they would have stupid stories to tell such as 'Hey...friend...some guy on-line said I was sexy and wanted to f*** me and I was like....' I think they do it to feel better about themselves as a reassurance that they are not ugly--now a days there are tons of girls *and guys* that think if they are not sexy then no one would want to date them or have sex with them which is what most hormonal teens want
  • ~sky~ NGFI 2009/03/17 22:45:39 (edited)
  • Dude Dude pants 2009/01/05 01:05:26
    Dude Dude pants
    and they are getting it
  • Fabio 2008/12/27 09:08:07 (edited)
    Fabio
    Mostly from family.

If you neglect your kids they will feel like they have no guidance or direction. they will eventually look for one on their own and half the times it will be the wrong one. Let's take a typical example of a dysfunctional family: Two older brothers, one younger sister, father is not really there, mother missing.

This scenario will inevitably unfold in the following direction: the two brothers will be overwhelmingly sheltering the younger sister. The Father will simply accept the situation because... he's a guy and he doesn't know how to deal with a daughter. The girl feels increasingly insecure, she eventually will lack social skills and develop odd behaviors in school. She will eventually grow into a teenager and suddenly some older dude will come along. He's going to totally fuck her up but she will accept it because she doesn't know any better, since her brothers and family did not teach her in the way of social relationships and common sense.

The moment somebody tries (too late) to talk some sense into her, she will be too far gone in her belief that she is finally an independent woman, while her "man" makes her work as a stripper to feed his own teenage daughterS since he's a 43yo jobless slob good for nothing and a drug addict too.

This is an extreme example, bu...'

''
    Mostly from family.

This is an extreme example, but it shows how easy it is to mess with a teenager's mind until the teenager is so confused he/she will do something really stupid.

It's easier than you think to make a child feel like you don't care. Common sense, people... just common sense.
  • I love yuh :] 2008/12/27 07:49:40
    I love yuh :]
    its hot
  • MadAnth 2008/12/27 06:01:27
    MadAnth
    THEY CAN!!
  • small girl 2008/12/27 05:03:20
    small girl
    and parents might not be paying attention.
  • wolf-lover 2323 2008/12/21 01:03:58
    wolf-lover 2323
    I don't have a clue why they are doing it. I don't know if they realize how fast these photos can spread around eventually winding up on their parents or soon to be employers phones/computers. These photos are not going to go away. Prospective colleges could get a hold of them and bye bye chances of getting into that school. I'm chalking it up to stupidity. I don't know if they understand the longterm consquences that could happen if these photos got into the wrong hands.
  • Draco 2008/12/20 23:36:43
    Draco
    they might be lonely, a dare, dateing, rebellious for some reason ect... there s an endless amount of reasons.
  • Tomus Megalomania 2008/12/19 11:53:55
    Tomus Megalomania
    +2
    They want sexual attention; teens are full of hormones--their bodies are telling them to get sexually active. The internet is just the vehicle for them to act out more freely than ever before. This definitely poses risks for teens, and anyone on the internet should be careful about who they talk to and what they say (or post).
  • Leantom, the Economic Ratio... 2008/12/18 18:52:42 (edited)
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    +3
    ...they are stupid. Next question...
    ☠★☆☮♥Miss.November♥☮★☆☠
    They want people to think there hot i have done this at a time and i loved ppl to call me hot and thats y i did it at thats actually y i got my myspace taken away so ya its ot good but i think they just like to be called hot and thats y they do it
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2008/12/18 04:36:06
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +2
    it's fun. I've done webcam strip-teases for my exes before, and they're fun.

teens exposing online fun ive webcam strip-teases exes fun
  • angel62894 2008/12/18 03:49:38
    angel62894
    +1
    IDK. I think most are probably seeking attention. I have a myspace and i really don't c the need to expose myself. Seriously, the web is like the most dangerous place ever. All the cyber pervs and whatnot. People NEED to b careful.
  • The Strange 2008/12/17 18:38:53
    The Strange
    4chan
  • Robby The Str... 2009/05/08 18:17:52
    Robby
    Yep!
  • Sasssy 2008/12/17 14:46:11
    Sasssy
    They don't realize the fallout of this issue. Bad idea.
  • Kenny D 2008/12/16 05:39:12
    Kenny D
    +1
    It Creeps Me Out
  • chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mag... 2008/12/16 04:01:06
    chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mage, Smirotiel
    +1
    they are bored at home and never recieved the proper, essential attention they needed from their parents whne said teens were younger
  • Chaotixa 2008/12/16 02:15:25
    Chaotixa
    I think they have an "urge" so to speak to do the things they know are wrong. Its exciting and dangerous and fun to them. They dont think they will get hurt, they want others to like them. Its the same as asking why teenagers drink and smoke and play truth or dare.
  • 2Loquacious 2008/12/15 16:11:26
    2Loquacious
    I think it has a lot to do with how their favorite celebrities do the same things. How many of these young celebrities have had naked, sexy images crop up online? Or have a sex tape?

It's almost requisite to have these in a celebrity career. Want to change your good girl/boy image? Make sure the press gets naughty pictures of you. Furthermore, after a month or so, everyone's forgiven and forgotten, the celebrity got a publicity boost and still has their job or even new ones.

The idea of protecting and preserving your good image these days is lost and, to a degree not important anymore. At least in the celebrity world.

The thing is I don't think teens understand what the repercussions of things like that are for the average, every day kid and how it could actually impact them later in life, as well.

2014/04/23 09:34:14