Why are conservatives so fearful?

ishqboli 2009/01/29 16:36:18
I´m seeing a whole lot of conservatives scared to death about things that aren´t that likely to happen because of the Obama election. They are losing their minds with panic. It´s really confusing to me. How did this happen? Why does the unknown have to be interpreted as negative? What is so horrible about change, anyway? That´s how we improve.

You don´t have to be afraid. Look forward to a future where we embrace the American dream.

• Texoma 2009/01/29 17:52:31
    The media
    Texoma
    +7
    The American dream does not require Government intrusion.
    The American dream does not include supporting those who come to this coutry illegally.
    The American Dream does not involve re-distributing income to those who do not earn it.
    The American dream supports the principles of self reliance and personal responsibility

Conservatives are afraid because they see the leadership of this country turning the America they grew up in become a socialist nation.

The fear, comes about because conservatives believe that success ANDfailure are part of the game you play when you decide you want to do it your way.

The current administration has made it clear...they oppose those beliefs.

• ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot 2009/01/30 05:32:09
    The media
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    You tell me why liberals are scared of Rush Limbaugh, and Sarah Palin and I will tell you about any fear the conservatives may have. Two just run of the mill people that they could just ignore, and should not make a hill a beans to them - yet they get so enraged by them. Funny you should mention the American dream, when that is exactly what the Democrats are going to destroy. Let's see who's fears are irrational.
  • ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/01/30 17:01:16
    ishqboli
    okay. i am scared of rush limbaugh because he is full of hate and intolerance and he is rallying people to stay violent and ignorant. i am scared of sarah palin because she is a grade A idiot. i don´t want those kind of people in any kind of power.

if conservatives really believed in America, they wouldn´t be against giving trials to those in Gitmo. how you guys can claim you are patriotic when you refuse to uphold the very foundations of the country is beyond me. democrats are the true patriots.

so tell me? what are you so afraid of? why are conservatives so terrified that the country is changing? why, just because you don´t agree with it, does it have to be bad?
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/01/30 20:45:58
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    Why are you so afraid of free speech? Where is Rush Limbaugh one time condoned or rallied people to be violent, much less stay violent, and ignorant. It is the people that voted for now President Obama that are ignorant of the issues. Well, are scared of these people because of your own ignorance, but are scared of our first ammendment rights to have these opinions. Are you kidding me? I guess that paying taxes is patriotic too? These Gitmo people are strapping on bombs, and blowing people up on a battlefield but do not wear uniforms. They hide in their cowardice behind women and children, and you are more concerned about their rights than our freedom of speech rights, or how about the rights of babies to live. I have to go because I feel nauseous now to just think that it is the dems that are the true patriots, when your grand leader would not even wear a flag pin. Oh excuse me, I must go. BLAH!

• ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/01/31 19:30:01
    ishqboli
    i am afraid of people who hide behind freedom of speech so that they can say whatever they want and end up influencing others to do crime. why aren´t you? go talk to a liberal. they are not afraid of any of the nonsense you conservatives are afraid of. you guys fear anything that´s different: race, sexuality, politics, education... you don´t know how to judge people by character rather than this stupid nonsense.

most of the people in gitmo are likely innocent, so excuse me for wanting to give them fair trials. funny, i thought that was something we valued in a democratic country. what are you? a communist? :P

hide behind women and children? lmao that´s a laugh. we are protecting them for nutjobs like you. you don´t care about them, you want to brainwash and dominate them. we won´t have it. this is 2009.

LMAO! oh heaven forbid obama not wear a flag pin. god, if flag pins are a representation of patriotism than i guess osama bin laden could just put one on and everything would be fine, huh? for god´s sake, think about what you are saying. patriotism does not come in an accessory, it comes in actions, and actions shows that conservatives care nothing for democracy, especially now when they refuse to give fair trials
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/01 00:17:32
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    Oh, President Obama did not just not wear a flag pin, he refused to wear a flag pin until a vet gave one to him and he had so much criticism for it. If that was all that he did to not show patriotism, than that would be nothing. It is the church he went to, and not just what the pastor said but the beliefs that are openly on the website for all to see. It is not saluting the flag when everyone else was, it is not being a citizen of this country for 4 years when he lived in Indonesia, it is his wife's statements about this country, it is the things he said about a former POW John McCain, it is some of his unpatriotic associations, and so on. I do not look at one isolated incident, and say someone is unpatriotic. Over all, it is the Democrats that denegrade our military and their service at every turn.

So now I don't care about children. So do you think that children should now just go out on their own, and care for themselves that they know automatically what is right and wrong. They should not go to school either, because they might teach them some history, or math and not let them think on their own. Are you kidding me? It is called teaching them when they do not know what is right, not brainwashing. I teach them how to not touch a hot stove, so is that brainwashing too. I wi...'

So now I don't care about children. So do you think that children should now just go out on their own, and care for themselves that they know automatically what is right and wrong. They should not go to school either, because they might teach them some history, or math and not let them think on their own. Are you kidding me? It is called teaching them when they do not know what is right, not brainwashing. I teach them how to not touch a hot stove, so is that brainwashing too. I will go to task with you about caring about children. I have a foundation for children from single parents, so what do you do for children? I feed them at Thanksgiving, and take them food at Christmas. I have 4 of them, and would lay down my life for them. I am a stay at home mom, and have put my career in which I have a Doctorate on hold. I had premature twins, that were deathly sick and nursed them for a whole year to health. I adopted a little girl, when I could have still had one on my own because I wanted to give an unwanted child a home. You know nothing about my heart and what I do and don't care for. But I am the nutjob.

BTW, I am not at all a fan of Rush Limbaugh - I have NEVER listened to him and actually got pretty upset with him about some things during this election. But I do not go around threatening people (Republicans) that do listen to Rush, like a certain President I know.

I hide behind freedom of speech, so now you want to limit freedom of speech. Why do you want to change the 1st ammendment, because that would limit yours as well you know? You want freedom of speech only for those that agree with you, and that is not how it works buddy. Now who sounds like the nutjob!

The people in gitmo were picked up on the battlefield shooting at our soldiers, and most were found with explosives or other ammunition. So I am sure that was just them trying to practice their second ammendment rights, huh? They are getting a tribunal, and now President Obama is trying to stop their day of justice from going forward. Do you even know what communism means to accuse me of being one? That just tells me that you do not have a lick of sense, and I am just wasting my time.

Have a great evening.
  • ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/03 17:20:46
    ishqboli
    i went to church as a kid too. doesn´t mean that i agree with everything my pastor said. he was homophobic, doesn´t make me homophobic.

not saluting the flag is something to be cheered for in my opinion. it is one thing to pretend to support the country with songs and anthems and flag pins. true patriotism comes from actions. the people who complain about this stuff are the people who think patriotism means we can give all our rights to white straight christians, but all the rest don´t count. yeah, real patriotic there.

hold up! living in indonesia for 4 years does not cancel your citizenship in the us. you have it for life unless you refute it. and debating against a former POW just means he is not letting national pride get in the way of reality. sure, mccain should be treated as a war hero, but that doesn´t mean he deserves the presidency. as for the military, like i said before, actions speak louder than words. when conservatives talk about supporting our troops yet refuse to give them the actual support they need, i don´t call that support at all. democrats are the ones who want to help them.

children should be taught facts, not opinions, which is what you find in conservative settings where they teach them that feelings matter more than reality. i think that any parent who...""

children should be taught facts, not opinions, which is what you find in conservative settings where they teach them that feelings matter more than reality. i think that any parent who teaches their child the ways of hate and violence does not deserve to be a parent. i have to wonder what in the world they say when they say they love their children... "i love you honey, but not as much as the invisible man in the sky... and if you turn out to be gay, i´m kicking you out." it is frightening to me that the problems in our country are being continued because such people are allowed to procreate. this is why i´m glad that the schools are liberal so at least they have a chance to see the world based on evidence rather than fear and manipulation.
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/04 00:49:11
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    Do you even know how to use upper case letters, and grammar?

You say enough when you say that not saluting the flag is something to be cheered for in my opinion, that is really all I need to know. You have no regard for showing respect for those who died for you to disrespect that flag. That is NOT patriotic at all, and don't fool yourself. I support our troops with words, prays, and deeds. I want the best for them. I had many people to send them care packages, and cards during Christmas. I have contributed anytime I have known of a way that I can support them. I pray for them constantly, and have had 2 nephews serve in either Iraq or Afghanistan. Please give me a break about the Dems wanting to help them. Barack Obama blew them off to play basketball, Kerry told that they were terrorizing women and children in the dead of night, Reid said this war that many have died for is lost, and Murtha tried marines in the media (which were later to be false allegations, but no apology from Murtha). Yeah these are people that want to help the military, and are great for the moral.

In Indonesia at the time they did not allow for dual citizenship. He could not have been a citizen of the U.S.A, and Indonesia too.

You just do not understand our faith, so you just knock it. This is howev...

'

You just do not understand our faith, so you just knock it. This is however the majority of Americans that have faith, so you might need to get over it. We are not homophobic, but we do believe in right vs. wrong.

I did not say McCain deserved to be President, but some of the attacks on him, like making fun of his war injuries when he can't use a computer because of it - that is not respective or even relevant. While legitimate criticisms about Barack Hussein Obama were legitimate, and were told they were racist or fear tactics. Geeze! Get an argument!

• ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/04 17:24:18
    ishqboli
    i save spell check and upper case for talking with people with understandable opinions.

saluting flag is NOT respect for the people who have decide. respecting them means taking action, not singing songs and looking around! it takes a response. i will never understand why people think that the flag or the national anthem makes them good patriots, when the people who think that often do nothign for their country. if you sent them care packages, good for you. too bad most didn´t. most people i know with "support the troops" stickers on their trucks haven´t lifted a finger to help them, and heaven forbid they pay some taxes for them. barack is doing what should have been done for the troops long ago, sending them home to their families and friends. this war was useless and it sickens me that so many had to die for it.

just because you live in indonesia doesn´t make you a citizen. i have living in spain for the next two years. i´m not a spanish citizen. plus, hello... even if that was the case, there are countless ways to bend the rules.

i believe in god, so i understand faith, but i don´t believe in the kind of faith that has manipulated people with false claims about the bible. do you guys even realize that most of the stuff in the bible has been so badly translated that it can´t b...""

i believe in god, so i understand faith, but i don´t believe in the kind of faith that has manipulated people with false claims about the bible. do you guys even realize that most of the stuff in the bible has been so badly translated that it can´t be trusted at all anymore? no, you probably don´t. you just believe whatever the church tells you. i believe that god is love, yet somehow most christians don´t. the christian sense of right and wrong is so skewed in this country that it is better defined as a sense of "how can i benefit while keeping the others down" i will not get over it because the kind of christianity that should be there, the kind that promotes love rather than hate, is long gone. that is something i cannot accept and we will work hard to make sure that the us becomes a place of logic and god´s love.

show me one moment where obama mocks mccain. i dare you. the attacks against obama was NOT legitimate. they were racist and based on fear of socialism, which was always a load of crap.
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/04 18:24:26
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    To criticize someone who is black because they don't like his policies, does not make anyone a racist.

If you go to school in Indonesia, you had to have citizenship of Indonesia. Each country has different laws. His step father adopted him and he took on his name at that time, all of that legal processing too made him a citizen of Indonesia.

I know everything about the history of the Bible. I had to study many courses on the Bible, and the translations with my Undergraduate, Graduate, and Post graduate work. I have studied the greek translations, etc. You do not even know what most Christians believe, except what you hear on TV. You do not know each and every heart, and their motive. You are the bigot, to stereotype people based on some false knowledge that you have. I know most of the Christians are just living their lives, loving their families, and loving others. They are serving in their churches, and their communites to make a difference. They want to be able to send their kids to school and not have them indoctrinated to believe against their values, and the Bible. That is the whole reason they get involved in politics in the first place.

There are many liberals that do not salute the flag, and do not help the troops. I will assure you that propaganda that hurts mor...

'

There are many liberals that do not salute the flag, and do not help the troops. I will assure you that propaganda that hurts morale does not help them to not get killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Siding with the terrorist instead of our troops does not help our troops.

Even VP Biden criticized the things that were said about John McCain in some campaign adds. You are the one that is an MSNBC zombie! I cannot find the actual campaign add, that made fun of his inability to use a computer. That is interesting how those things can't be found as easily as the negative adds that McCain did during the campaign. Start about 4 minutes 3 seconds, and it shows one second of the add and then the answer from Biden on the interview with him and Couric.

Nice avoiding questions with your personal attacks.

• ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/05 12:21:04 (edited)
    ishqboli
    i would have believed that if practically ever anti-obama american i know didn´t show clear signs of racism. yes, just because someone is against obama does not make it an issue of race, but since the US is still full of racism, it DOES effect the elections and policy.

my understanding is that in most countries you do not have to be a citizen to go to school there. you do get "residency", but as a foreigner, which is what i have now. as for the US not allowing dual citizenship, in spite of this rule there are plenty of americans out there with dual citizenship, so clearly this rule is very loose. regardless, he was BORN in the united states, so even if he did get rid of his citizenship and got it back some years later, he is still legally an american.

i know good christians, hon, doesn´t change the fact that most christians out there are in many ways blinded by their faith. the friends i have are kind to me but i have seen personally that they don´t want to be friends with homosexuals or jews, and this is a trait i have seen with every christian. they don´t have to be bible-thumping, gay-lynching loonies, but they are still brainwashed and they would be very happy if christianity was forced on society and shoved down the throats of our children. if they love god, that´s fine, but...

i know good christians, hon, doesn´t change the fact that most christians out there are in many ways blinded by their faith. the friends i have are kind to me but i have seen personally that they don´t want to be friends with homosexuals or jews, and this is a trait i have seen with every christian. they don´t have to be bible-thumping, gay-lynching loonies, but they are still brainwashed and they would be very happy if christianity was forced on society and shoved down the throats of our children. if they love god, that´s fine, but they need to stay out of the lives of other people. the quakers were the only christians who had it right in this regard. keep religion in the home and the church. it has NO place in the schools.

it is criminal to say that liberals support terrorists. just because we know better than to go slaughter them doesn´t mean we are automatically on their side. we know that we need to be the mature adults in this situation. giving them the silent treatment and then killing them will only make them want to kill us more. the ONLY way we are going to be safe is by making sure that the terrorists lose their reason to kill us.

the video is not there. also, i don´t watch msnbc. i hate them too.

i never run from questions. i call them like i see them. what personal attacks are you talking about?
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/05 23:42:29
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    You do not even research what you are talking about, and obviously believe much of the propaganda that you hear on MSNBC, and alot of other MSM. Then you turn around and talk about Christians who are brainwashed. That is funny!

Most Christians do not want their beliefs shoved down peoples throats, but they don't want their children indoctrinated against the beliefs and values that we hold dear. It works both ways. When we have all the atheism shoved down our throats and homosexuality as just another normal family as good as one mother and one father family living the way that God intended, than there is a lot of pushing back that goes on.

You might want to check out some facts about citizenship before you post regarding what I say. I would give you some links, but you need to learn to be self sifficient and research things on your own, before you state them as facts.

You just show yourself a fool if you do not think that the fact that we have a black President does not show something that racism is not very prevalent in our society anymore. I want a black President, it he is the best candidate. I am more interested in his credentials than his color. Now is there some forms of racism still, but you and others reduce the argument of real racism when you falsely accuse other...

You just show yourself a fool if you do not think that the fact that we have a black President does not show something that racism is not very prevalent in our society anymore. I want a black President, it he is the best candidate. I am more interested in his credentials than his color. Now is there some forms of racism still, but you and others reduce the argument of real racism when you falsely accuse others of having it when we would just as much oppose a green man or a white man with his credentials and policies. There is a lot of backwards racism, and some just plain racism going with blacks today. It is not only blacks that experience racism and prejudice in this country.
  • ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/06 21:09:21
    ishqboli
    i don´t watch msnbc, so that´s quite an assumption you´re making there. christians are brainwashed by the church. they always have been. they tell them how to treat people who are different like dirt.

why can´t the christians let their children be taught facts at school, taught science, and then when they come home they can be taught the ways of christ? school is no place for opinions. when the bible doesn´t have proof (and honestly, come on, it doesn´t) then why in the world would it be in an academic setting? if you want your children to be christian, teach them that yourselves. personally, i think you should let them chose their faith rather than shoving it down THEIR throats.

okay, i said specifically that this is what happens in MOST countries, not all. i don´t know indonesia. having moved to a foreign country, i know how it works here. i know people personally who have managed to keep both of their nationalities. it is possible. how is this wrong, exactly? maybe you need to do some research before you open your mouth.

what are you talking about? i KNOW that racism is still prevalent in the us. the behaviors of republicans during the campaign was proof of that. racism will still be here for a long long time. i don´t see how you can say that we are falsely accusing the repub...

what are you talking about? i KNOW that racism is still prevalent in the us. the behaviors of republicans during the campaign was proof of that. racism will still be here for a long long time. i don´t see how you can say that we are falsely accusing the republicans of racism when the pundits that republicans value so much are total racists. if people like karl rove, john ashcroft, and rush limbaugh are the people that republicans support, then your opinions on race are clearly something for us to worry about.

everyone experiences racism and everyone in turn is a little bit racist. tests have shown that even people who claim to be the most tolerant will clutch their purses when black people walk by. this doesn´t mean that we want to oppress them, unlike so many republicans i saw and knew during the campaign.
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/06 21:57:52
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    I already gave you the information on his citizenship in Indonesia, yet you refuse to believe it. I have researched it, and the fact that he was adopted by his step father that was also a citizen of Indonesia. It is not about our laws, but it is about that country that you lived in laws which makes our laws determined based on theirs. When you cannot have an American citizenship and that countries citizenship, than there is a certain reentry process.

I guess that you either do not care to know the truth or are too lazy to look it up. Here are some facts:

So what about Democrats that are racist. What about Senator Bird that was a member of the Klu Klux Klan? What about Senator Kennedy that was along with his brother against signing the civil rights act? What about the idol of the Democrats John Kennedy too that wiretapped Martin Luther King Jr?

By JEFFREY LORD
    As Democrats prepare to nominate Sen. Barack Obama to be the first black president, the Democratic National Committee and its chairman, Howard Dean, have whitewashed the party's horrific and lengthy record of racism. The omission is in the section of the DNC Web site that describes the party's history. The missing history raises the obvious question of whether the Democrats, unable or simply unwilling to put their ...

""'""

''

'

""""'""""
    ""'""

'
    '
    '""'""""
    """"
    ""

''
    ""

'"""""''''"

'""'""

""'

""'

'

'

'

'

By JEFFREY LORD
    As Democrats prepare to nominate Sen. Barack Obama to be the first black president, the Democratic National Committee and its chairman, Howard Dean, have whitewashed the party's horrific and lengthy record of racism. The omission is in the section of the DNC Web site that describes the party's history. The missing history raises the obvious question of whether the Democrats, unable or simply unwilling to put their party on record as taking direct responsibility for one of the worst racial crimes of the ages, will be able to run a campaign free of the racial animosities it has regularly brought both to American presidential campaigns and American political and social life in general.

What else to make of the official party history as presented by the DNC on its Web site? It is a history so sanitized of historical reality it makes Stalin look like David McCullough.

The DNC Web site section labeled "Party History," linked here, is in fact scrubbed clean of the not-so-little dirty secret that fueled Democrats' political successes for over a century and a half and made American life a hell on earth for black Americans. Literally, the DNC official history, which begins with the creation of the party in 1800, gets to the creation of the DNC itself in 1848 and then--poof!--the next sentence says: "As the 19th Century came to a close, the American electorate changed more and more rapidly." It quickly heads into a riff on poor immigrants coming to America.

In a stroke, 52 years of Democratic history vanishes. Disappeared faster than the truth in the Clinton administration. Why would this be? Allow me to sketch in a few facts from those missing 52 years. For that matter, lets add in the facts from the party history before and after those 52 years, since they aren't mentioned by the Democrats' National Committee either.

* * *

So what's missing?

There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms supporting slavery. There were six from 1840 through 1860.
    There is no reference to the number of Democratic presidents who owned slaves. There were seven from 1800 through 1861
    There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject. There were 20, from 1868 through 1948.
    There is no reference to "Jim Crow" as in "Jim Crow laws," nor is there reference to the role Democrats played in creating them. These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 52-year part of the DNC's missing years. These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches). The reason Rosa Parks became famous is that she sat in the "whites only" front section of a bus, the "whites only" designation the direct result of Democrats.
    There is no reference to the formation of the Ku Klux Klan, which, according to Columbia University historian Eric Foner, became "a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." Nor is there reference to University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease's description of the Klan as the "terrorist arm of the Democratic Party."
    There is no reference to the fact Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution. The 13th banned slavery. The 14th effectively overturned the infamous 1857 Dred Scott decision (made by Democratic pro-slavery Supreme Court justices) by guaranteeing due process and equal protection to former slaves. The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote.
    There is no reference to the fact that Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866. It was passed by the Republican Congress over the veto of President Andrew Johnson, who had been a Democrat before joining Lincoln's ticket in 1864. The law was designed to provide blacks with the right to own private property, sign contracts, sue and serve as witnesses in a legal proceeding.
    There is no reference to the Democrats' opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1875. It was passed by a Republican Congress and signed into law by President Ulysses Grant. The law prohibited racial discrimination in public places and public accommodations.
    There is no reference to the Democrats' 1904 platform, which devotes a section to "Sectional and Racial Agitation," claiming the GOP's protests against segregation and the denial of voting rights to blacks sought to "revive the dead and hateful race and sectional animosities in any part of our common country," which in turn "means confusion, distraction of business, and the reopening of wounds now happily healed."
    There is no reference to four Democratic platforms, 1908-20, that are silent on blacks, segregation, lynching and voting rights as racial problems in the country mount. By contrast the GOP platforms of those years specifically address "Rights of the Negro" (1908), oppose lynching (in 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928) and, as the New Deal kicks in, speak out about the dangers of making blacks "wards of the state."
    There is no reference to the Democratic Convention of 1924, known to history as the "Klanbake." The 103-ballot convention was held in Madison Square Garden. Hundreds of delegates were members of the Ku Klux Klan, the Klan so powerful that a plank condemning Klan violence was defeated outright. To celebrate, the Klan staged a rally with 10,000 hooded Klansmen in a field in New Jersey directly across the Hudson from the site of the convention. Attended by hundreds of cheering convention delegates, the rally featured burning crosses and calls for violence against African-Americans and Catholics.
    There is no reference to the fact that it was Democrats who segregated the federal government, at the direction of President Woodrow Wilson upon taking office in 1913. There \is a reference to the fact that President Harry Truman integrated the military after World War II.
    There is reference to the fact that Democrats created the Federal Reserve Board, passed labor and child welfare laws, and created Social Security with Wilson's New Freedom and FDR's New Deal. There is no mention that these programs were created as the result of an agreement to ignore segregation and the lynching of blacks. Neither is there a reference to the thousands of local officials, state legislators, state governors, U.S. congressmen and U.S. senators who were elected as supporters of slavery and then segregation between 1800 and 1965. Nor is there reference to the deal with the devil that left segregation and lynching as a way of life in return for election support for three post-Civil War Democratic presidents, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
    There is no reference that three-fourths of the opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill in the U.S. House came from Democrats, or that 80% of the "nay" vote in the Senate came from Democrats. Certainly there is no reference to the fact that the opposition included future Democratic Senate leader Robert Byrd of West Virginia (a former Klan member) and Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr., father of Vice President Al Gore.
    Last but certainly not least, there is no reference to the fact that Birmingham, Ala., Public Safety Commissioner Bull Connor, who infamously unleashed dogs and fire hoses on civil rights protestors, was in fact--yes indeed--a member of both the Democratic National Committee and the Ku Klux Klan.
    Reading the DNC's official "Party History" of the Democrats and the race issue and civil rights is not unlike reading "In Through the Looking Glass": " 'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more nor less.' "

Here's this line from the DNC: "With the election of Harry Truman, Democrats began the fight to bring down the final barriers of race . . ." Truman, of course, was elected in 1948, and to his great credit he did in fact, along with then-Minneapolis Mayor Hubert Humphrey, begin to push the Democrats towards a pro-civil-rights stance. This culminated in the passage of the 1960s civil rights laws--legislation that redid what had been done by Republicans a hundred years earlier but undone by the Democrats' support for segregation. But the notion that "Democrats began to bring down the final barriers of race" raises the obvious questions. What were these barriers doing there in the first place? And who exactly was responsible for creating them?

* * *

AS IF TO CONFIRM the "Who, me?" racial psychology behind the DNC Web site, Nancy Pelosi's Democrats passed a House resolution on July 29 sponsored by Tennessee Democrat Steve Cohen. The resolution, passed by voice vote, concludes this way:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
    (1) acknowledges that slavery is incompatible with the basic founding principles recognized in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal;
    (2) acknowledges the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery and Jim Crow;
    (3) apologizes to African Americans on behalf of the people of the United States, for the wrongs committed against them and their ancestors who suffered under slavery and Jim Crow; and
    (4) expresses its commitment to rectify the lingering consequences of the misdeeds committed against African Americans under slavery and Jim Crow and to stop the occurrence of human rights violations in the future.
    What word is missing here?

You got it. The word "Democrat." Never mentioned anywhere. As with the DNC website, all these terrible things--somehow, apparently, it seems, so they keep hearing--happened. Ms. Pelosi, Mr. Cohen and their fellow House Democrats just can't understand how. But, you know, whatever. They are sorry. Really.

Are they? Let's take them up on this.

After all those Democratic platforms and conventions that championed slavery and segregation, what do you think the chances are they will use the occasion of Mr. Obama's nomination to have the Democratic platform formally apologize for the active, frequently violent and decidedly official support of the Democratic Party for slavery, segregation, lynching, the Ku Klux Klan and all the rest?

Better yet, do you think they'll pass a resolution promising to use the funds raised from all those Jefferson-Jackson Day fundraisers to pay reparations for slavery? (Did I mention that while the DNC discusses party co-founders Jefferson and Jackson, it neglects to mention that between them the two owned an estimated 360 slaves?)

Will the NAACP and other groups seeking reparations from nongovernment entities for their role in supporting slavery (companies like Aetna, Wachovia and Chase along with educational institutions like Brown University) finally zero in on the prime historical mover behind some of the worst chapters in American history? Will they sue the Democrats?

The Democrats are poised to nominate a black man for president of the United States. But will they apologize for slavery? Will they start paying reparations not from tax dollars but their own dollars for what they have done?

Do they have the guts to publicly admit what serious history records of their deeds? Are they capable of running a campaign without playing the race card as they have played it for the better part of two centuries? Can they even escape the race psychology that has indelibly branded them as America's Party of Race?

Or, when it comes to their own responsibility for race relations in America, will they order up more of what, under the circumstances, is a very appropriate word for the DNC website?

Whitewash.

Mr. Lord is creator, co-founder and CEO of , a conservative video site. A Reagan White House political director and author, he writes from Pennsylvania.

• ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/07 00:13:31 (edited)
    ishqboli
    certain individuals born outside of the US are born citizens because of their parents, according to the principle of jus sanguinis (which holds that the country of citizenship of a child is the same as that of his / her parents), so even if this were true, he would still be a us citizen because of his mother.

yeah, i don´t know how the indonesian government works with this, so okay, fair enough. does that then mean that obama was unable to regain his american citizenship? i don´t believe that obama isn´t american-born. he has shown enough proof that he was here and if all this was true than his candidancy would have been a much bigger problem, because there´s no hiding stuff like that when it´s real, especially not when there are countless documents (his birth certificate was proved to be authentic) and alibis to chose from. i thought the stuff in this video was resolved long ago.

everybody is racist, honey, even democrats. the difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats are less likely to be racist nowadays. i´m talking in terms of numbers here. there are plenty of non-racist republicans out there. not everyone can be categorized this way, but there is a distinct pattern which i think is important for the good republicans to recognize. it sucks to be pigeon-h...

everybody is racist, honey, even democrats. the difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats are less likely to be racist nowadays. i´m talking in terms of numbers here. there are plenty of non-racist republicans out there. not everyone can be categorized this way, but there is a distinct pattern which i think is important for the good republicans to recognize. it sucks to be pigeon-holed with a bunch of bible-thumping, gay-bashing, negro-lynching loonies, but the republican party has been taken over by such people and the good republicans are satisfied to be left in the dark. mccain seemed like a very good republican to me, the kind i would have respected if he got elected. the democrats were fortunate here. we used to be the racist, separatist party. eventually that got turned around, but you have to make it possible.

i agree that it´s a shame for the DNC to deny that they have had quite a history with slavery. we shouldn´t hide from the mistakes of our party, but we have to accept that we have moved on from that. i´m talking about the here and now with racism, which has fallen to the republicans. i think the NAACP should go after anyone with ties to slavery, whether they be repubicans or democrats. democrats don´t get a free hide just because the current generation is less racist.

so, yes, i agree with you that it´s wrong for the DNC to pretend that they didn´t support slavery at one time. we have to acknowledge our mistakes. my hope is that some time in the future, the republican party will come to understand their mistakes as well. neither party will improve if we ignore the past.

thanks for the info, btw. i found that very interesting.
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/07 08:55:36
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    I am not the one that has portrayed the Republicans as perfect. I am not happy with the Republican party, and am a conservative first. I have my values, not my party I vote for.

You are the one that portrayed the Democrats as the perfect party of antiracism. There is racism still today in the Democratic party. Now you have the blacks that are racist, and as soon as they figure out that both groups are racist there is going to be a huge faction in the Democratic party. The Republicans have done it right, by not proclaiming themselves the saviors of the black people. They do not have a black causus because they have one causus of all Republicans, and all their policies are good for all people no matter what your color. (This can be portrayed to others as racist, but long term it is best for true integration and no resentful feelings from white people, or else there should be a white caucus) The same thing with affirmative action. This will come to light one day, and the blacks will see who has kept them down for decades. They will see that it is the Democrats fault their schools are failing, and that there is a great holocaust going on against blacks that they don't even realize. These Democrats that support Planned Parenthood, which put up clinics targeting black neighborhoods...

'''''

'

""""

'""""

""

""

'""

''

""

""

""""

""""""

'

""""''

""""

'

'

You are the one that portrayed the Democrats as the perfect party of antiracism. There is racism still today in the Democratic party. Now you have the blacks that are racist, and as soon as they figure out that both groups are racist there is going to be a huge faction in the Democratic party. The Republicans have done it right, by not proclaiming themselves the saviors of the black people. They do not have a black causus because they have one causus of all Republicans, and all their policies are good for all people no matter what your color. (This can be portrayed to others as racist, but long term it is best for true integration and no resentful feelings from white people, or else there should be a white caucus) The same thing with affirmative action. This will come to light one day, and the blacks will see who has kept them down for decades. They will see that it is the Democrats fault their schools are failing, and that there is a great holocaust going on against blacks that they don't even realize. These Democrats that support Planned Parenthood, which put up clinics targeting black neighborhoods. This organization that was founded by a racist......

... human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning ... human beings who never should have been born.'
    -- Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood founder, referring to immigrants and poor people

Black Genocide:
    Planned Parenthood's Evil Roots

DIANE DEW

Much can be learned of an organization by examining its roots and its fruit. When the claims of Christianity are considered, for example, we look to Christ: His life, His work, His words. The same is true of cults: we examine the root and the fruit.

Similarly, when examining the work of Planned Parenthood (PP), one cannot help but scrutinize the life and words of its founder.

"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit," Jesus said; "nor can a bad tree bear good ... You shall know them by their fruits." (Matthew 7:16, 18)

From the life, work and writings of Margaret Sanger (1883-1966) -- founder of PP and editor of The Birth Control Review from 1917 to 1938 -- the purpose and goal of that organization is revealed.

Birth Control

In her autobiography, Sanger admitted her entire life's purpose was to promote birth control. (An Autobiography, p. 194) Not only did she establish the research bureau that financed "the pill," she contributed toward the work of the German doctor who developed the IUD. ("Ernst Graefenberg and His Ring," Mt. Sinai Journal of Medicine, July-Aug. 1975, p. 345, in Margaret Sanger: Father of Modern Society, by Elasah Drogin)

Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. (Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech).

Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." (Birth Control Review, April 1932)

Sanger espoused the thinking of eugenicists -- similar to Darwin's "survival of the fittest" -- but related the concept to human society, saying the genetic makeup of the poor, and minorities, for example, was inferior. (Pivot of Civilization, by Margaret Sanger, 1922, p. 80)

'A Race of Thoroughbreds'?

The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in The Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." (Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12)

The goal of eugenicists is "to prevent the multiplication of bad stocks," wrote Dr. Ernst Rudin the April 1933 Birth Control Review. Another article exhorted Americans to "restrict the propagation of those physically, mentally and socially inadequate."

In Pivot of Civilization, Sanger referred to immigrants and poor folks as "human weeds," "reckless breeders," "spawning ... human beings who never should have been born."

Extermination

Sanger's ultimate intention was to do away with all blacks. She admitted, however, that it might be necessary on occasion to employ a few, for appearance sake.

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." (Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon)

In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. (Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107)

One of Sanger's greatest influences, sexologist/eugenicist Dr. Havelock Ellis (with whom she had an affair, leading to her divorce from her first husband), urged mandatory sterilization of the poor as a prerequisite to receiving any public aid. (The Problem of Race Regeneration, by Havelock Ellis, p. 65, in Margaret Sanger: Father of Modern Society, p. 18)

Ellis believed that any sex was acceptable, as long as it hurt no one. (The Sage of Sex, A Life of Havelock Ellis, by Arthur Calder-Marshall, p. 88)

A woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, Sanger believed. (Birth Control in America, p. 11)
  • ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/08 18:21:51 (edited)
    ishqboli
    i never said the democratic party was perfect, you know. there are plenty of things wrong with it and they have plenty of concepts that i disagree with. it´s just that when you compare the amount of racism today between both parties, clearly democrats are more accepting of the other races. why else would most non-white people side with democrats? because democrats are the kind of people who will embrace them as brothers or at least give them the benefit of the doubt. however, racism still exists everywhere, in every ethnicity. i too have experienced white racism. i do not deny that. i just think republicans underestimate how non-whites are still very much oppressed, something that i have witnessed much more often. they think that affirmative action is meant to make other races superior when it´s real purpose is to compensate for racism that still permeates society. i wouldn´t say that being racist is in the doctrine of republicans, per say, but most republicans have a fear of the unknown and change, wanting to still with tradition, so naturally they are going to fear those who are different. democrats are not afraid of other cultures or creeds and we look to the world for knowledge, so obviously, different races aren´t going to bother us. i know perfectly well that the founder...
    i never said the democratic party was perfect, you know. there are plenty of things wrong with it and they have plenty of concepts that i disagree with. it´s just that when you compare the amount of racism today between both parties, clearly democrats are more accepting of the other races. why else would most non-white people side with democrats? because democrats are the kind of people who will embrace them as brothers or at least give them the benefit of the doubt. however, racism still exists everywhere, in every ethnicity. i too have experienced white racism. i do not deny that. i just think republicans underestimate how non-whites are still very much oppressed, something that i have witnessed much more often. they think that affirmative action is meant to make other races superior when it´s real purpose is to compensate for racism that still permeates society. i wouldn´t say that being racist is in the doctrine of republicans, per say, but most republicans have a fear of the unknown and change, wanting to still with tradition, so naturally they are going to fear those who are different. democrats are not afraid of other cultures or creeds and we look to the world for knowledge, so obviously, different races aren´t going to bother us. i know perfectly well that the founder of planned parenthood was super racist, but first of all planned parenthood is not inclusive to the DNC and it was founded in a time where segregation still existed. i think it´s ridiculous to claim that nowadays planned parenthood is an organization that wants to weed out black people, since white women can get it too. you have to remember that planned parenthood was founded at a time where racism was rampant.
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/02/09 22:01:44
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    You don't think that the fact that Planned parenthood was founded by a racist lays a foundation to eradicate the blacks. Most of all the clinics are set in black and hispanic communities. That means they specifically target these groups for abortion. Say what you want, but that is the facts.

Did you see what the democrats did to Clarence Thomas? Did you see what they did to Condelezza Rice? They are so tolerant of blacks because they are their constituency, but if there is a black conservative their tentacles come out to destroy them. They keep blacks enslaved to the thoughts of the Democratic party, and their policies keep them down so they will continue to vote for dems. Then they lie that it is the Republicans that really want them to stay down. They are masters at lying about this issue.

Most blacks have conservative thoughts and are very religious, but are convinced that the Democrats are the group that is for them. Look at what happened when the Clintons were pushed up against a wall running against a part black man. Their racism came out. I even think that some of it was unfair, but the Democrats establishment was behind Obama and so they released the race card on the "first black President" because he was the opposition. They play this card everytime on the Republican...""'

Most blacks have conservative thoughts and are very religious, but are convinced that the Democrats are the group that is for them. Look at what happened when the Clintons were pushed up against a wall running against a part black man. Their racism came out. I even think that some of it was unfair, but the Democrats establishment was behind Obama and so they released the race card on the "first black President" because he was the opposition. They play this card everytime on the Republicans so that people like you will believe that Republicans and all conservatives are the racist. They are very good at it by now. Then if there is a conservative black they call him an Uncle Tom. Look at what mostly homosexual white men say about the "homosexual struggle for marriage", they compare it to the civil rights movement. That is racist, to say that something that can never be put in the closet like skin color is the same as a behavior that can be hidden from public's eye and can be changed. They try to say it cannot be changed so that they can liken it to the civil rights movement, but there are homosexuals that change everyday because it is based on addiction and behavior. It is just like alcoholism, or drug addiction or any other sexual addiction. That is why many blacks went and voted for Barack Obama, and for Proposition 8 because they do not agree with it and they did not agree with it being likened to the civil rights movement of blacks.

They would never have to sit in the back of the bus for being a homosexual even if they are, because they could hide that behavior from society. Same thing with where they eat at restaraunts or seperate drinking fountains.

You are very naive to believe any politician is for a certain group of people at all, and not out for their own benefit (especially ones that have been there for a billion years). I tend to trust but verify, as Reagan liked to say.
  • ishqboli ACB4Val... 2009/02/09 23:59:31
    ishqboli
    but that isn´t there intent anymore, so what´s the problem? you´d think that if this was still the purpose than white people wouldn´t have access to abortion clinics. remember that ethnic diversity is most present in the big cities, where there are always impoverished areas of mostly black or hispanic peoples with little education and funding and an abundance of abortion clinics. i don´t think it´s a surprise that the hispanic and black areas, being in the poor parts of the cities, would have a need for abortion clinics. but they are there for everyone. i don´t see planned parenthood refusing to give white people abortions.

i didn´t see the appeal of condelezza rice. just becuase she is black, that doesn´t mean we are going to give her a free ride. she was still part of the bush administration, part of their dealings. she is going to be targetted. of course now the GOP comes up with Steele, their own black president of sorts, who is preaching change when he is a whole lot of the same. they are just trying to jump on the "change train" when there isn´t a whole lot of change in Steele. i think the black population flocks to the democrats because they find less racism among the population, regardless of whether it exists or not in the administration. being black around a bunch of co...

i didn´t see the appeal of condelezza rice. just becuase she is black, that doesn´t mean we are going to give her a free ride. she was still part of the bush administration, part of their dealings. she is going to be targetted. of course now the GOP comes up with Steele, their own black president of sorts, who is preaching change when he is a whole lot of the same. they are just trying to jump on the "change train" when there isn´t a whole lot of change in Steele. i think the black population flocks to the democrats because they find less racism among the population, regardless of whether it exists or not in the administration. being black around a bunch of conservatives is no easy feat. naturally they are going to want to be with people who will not try to beat them or assume that they are rapists. i think you need to look at republican voters here rather than the party members. look at how the most conservative areas are areas with little ethnic diversity. it is the republican voters that frighten me by saying that they don´t trust anyone who is different, and their recent history with hate crime doesn´t warm me up to them.

yes, latinos are also very christian. bush was really able to appeal to them, being a christian. the reason why they ultimately side with the democrats is that the republicans don´t want them. even in the time of the great depression and the reagan years, american citizens of mexican descent were rounded up and shipped off to mexico, without even getting the chance to see a lawyer or show their citizenship, because republicans wanted them gone. to this day, mexican american citizens are still treated like foreigners, treated like they aren´t real americans. so they come to us democrats, who believe that we need them to maintain the economy and that since they are born here they qualify as our brothers.

i only believe that many republicans are racist based on what i´ve seen personally. i know i can´t speak for all of them, but it´s a pattern i see a lot. sometimes they aren´t even conscious of it, but you see how they behave around people of different races. what frightens me is that the ones claiming they are not racist are still looking up to racist people like rush limbaugh and john ashcroft. if they were really against racism, why would they listen to such people?

i would agree that the civil rights movement of gay people is like that of black people. the behavior of the republicans is pretty much the same. the only difference is that gays have the right to vote, but they are still being beaten and kicked out of restaurants. actually, sexual orientation can´t be changed. our bodies are conditioned since birth with certain chemical reactions. there has been a lot of research in recent years suggesting that it is natural. a friend of mine recently did research and discovered that most gay men are the 2nd child in a family without female siblings, conceived at a time when the mother wanted a child who she could nurture. therefore, being gay could very well be a chemical reaction to the mother´s want during pregnancy to have a child she could coddle. i think it´s ridiculous to think they can just turn off their desires like a switch. straight people can´t do that, so how can they?

actually, it wasn´t black people who put prop 8 through, it was old people. the old population just happens to have a lot of black voters in them. if you want to be even broader than that, it was christians who are to blame.

they get abused and attacked everyday. do not be fooled. i have many gay friends who have come home bruised and bleeding. i have even seen one of them get attacked. it is not something to be taken lightly.

oh i absolutely believe that every politician is out for their own good and no one else´s. this isn´t about the politicans for me, it´s about the voters, and what the voters want frightens me. i agree, trust but verify. this is why i dont assume that every liberal or conservative i meet is a level-headed person based on that alone.
  • Texoma 2009/01/29 17:52:31
    The media
    Texoma
    +7

• ishqboli Texoma 2009/01/29 18:01:04
    ishqboli
    your fear of socialism is unwarranted. we are not being socialist. obama does not belong to the socialist party. this is all fear mongering. they have got you jumping through hoops.
  • Ang ishqboli 2009/01/29 18:12:41
    Ang
    +3
    His idea about "spreading the wealth" is a socialist ideology.
  • ishqboli Ang 2009/01/29 18:21:57
    ishqboli
    why does that automatically get associated with socialism? does that make libraries socialist too? or public schools? anything that provides equal opportunities is socialism now?
  • Texoma ishqboli 2009/01/29 20:46:44
    Texoma
    +3
    No. But maybe you don't know what Socialism is.
  • ishqboli Texoma 2009/01/29 22:00:39
    ishqboli
    but i´m a democrat... so clearly i´m pro socialism.

you´re against socialism because it goes against capitalism, because it gives money to people who haven´t worked for it and deserve it. what is a library except a place where all people, regardless of wealth or education, can read? what is a public school but a place where all children have the same opportunity to learn, even if their family has nothing? hell, people still moan and groan about taxes even when they go to good causes. by your logic, people shouldn´t even pay taxes.

but of course you wouldn´t call libraries or schools socialist, because no one is afraid of those. the only situations in which you here the word socialism in this country now is when the republicans are trying to scare people into voting for their causes.
  • ACB4Val... ishqboli 2009/01/30 05:36:51
    ACB4Values~Extreme Patriot
    +1
    Well, the government runs our schools now and they not working so good. So the point is well taken that government does not know how to run anything, and is best left to the private sector.

If the truth scares you than I am sorry.
  • Texoma ishqboli 2009/01/29 20:45:52
    Texoma
    +3
    If it quacks like a Duck and walks like a Duck....

When all the actions taking place are associated with Socialism, what do you expect?

The government has no business bailing out banks, Insurance companies, car companies, et. al. Giving them money to keep them from going bankrupt and expecting a say so in future activities, is government invovlement beyond the scope afforded them by the constitution.
  • Aleisa - Rightey extremist ... 2009/01/29 17:38:14
    I loves my gun... Loves my gun.
    Aleisa - Rightey extremist and SAHM
    +2
    What is see is a bunch of frogs. And soome of these policies is just turning the heat up slowly. Eventually all the frogs will boil to death. You put a frog in an already boiling pot and it will jump out!
    Electronic medical records(mandetory), All forms of abortion(which after the first few weeks of conception get discusting and wrong), The bail out, again, which only puts us in more debt(you cannot spend more to get out of debt.), gun bans and amunition bans/limits/tracking (The right to bare arms!! it only hurts law abiding citizens). That is just the 4 main ones this week.
  • ishqboli Aleisa ... 2009/01/29 17:43:55
    ishqboli
    i thought that frog analogy was used to refer to the bush administration.

bans of gun rights doesn´t hurt law abiding citizens when those law abading citizens are more likely to kill members of their own family. you can´t trust "law-abiding citizens" to the lives of those around them.
  • Aleisa ... ishqboli 2009/01/29 19:08:41
    Aleisa - Rightey extremist and SAHM
    +1
    Those that kill are not Law abiding are they?
  • ishqboli Aleisa ... 2009/01/29 19:14:29
    ishqboli
    when you kill an innocent person, no you aren´t. everyone claims, of course, that they will never kill anyone innocent, and just look how often it has happened. how many times has a family claimed that they took gun ownership seriously only for their little boy to get his head blown off?
  • Malachi ishqboli 2009/01/30 22:52:42
    Malachi
    talk about delusional, what have you been smoking? banana peelings?it's made you paranoid. now you're scary.
  • ishqboli Malachi 2009/01/31 19:31:45
    ishqboli
    apparently you haven´t read anything about guns lately or you would see how many people get killed accidentally from them. if you´re going to support gun rights, at least learn about them, okay?
  • Malachi ishqboli 2009/02/01 05:37:53
    Malachi
    LOL, I have only lived in the ghetto, and I don't know about who has guns and who doesn't? give me a break. I wish I could take you where I lived and drop you off in the middle of the street after dark..... and they might not use a gun, but they will use something and and no one will never find who did it. [ oh, the guns aren't registered either.]
  • ishqboli Malachi 2009/02/03 17:23:06
    ishqboli
    wow, so you think that your personal experience is somehow a statistic. look at the numbers for once. you are more likely to kill a family member than someone trying to break into your house or hurt you. it´s there, black and white.

see, this is what i don´t understand, how you think your life is the norm for the entire country. for goodness sakes, read something.
  • Malachi ishqboli 2009/02/04 02:57:40
    Malachi
    I said 'lived' and past tense, not read about it. and you think that 'YOUR' personal experience [ reading ] is a statistic? I've yet to read any news about family members killing each other trying to kill an intruder! you need to get out and find out what's going in the real world instead of reading fairytales.
  • ishqboli 2009/01/29 17:06:21
    The church
    ishqboli
    my only fear is for them.

christianity has got them in a choke hold they will never be able to feel.
  • ~So~Sue~Me~N God JESUS I trust 2009/01/29 16:59:25
    I loves my gun... Loves my gun.
    ~So~Sue~Me~N God JESUS I trust
    +2
    I'll keep my guns and God, you can have Obama!

I am not afraid, OBAMA is afraid, afraid to stand, so he goes with the anything goes attitude.

I just don't like seeing value being throw out because he is afraid to stand for something!
  • ishqboli ~So~Sue... 2009/01/29 17:03:29
    ishqboli
    you are afraid of losing your guns and your god. and the reason why you do is because the church pastor has told you all about the evils of democracy. oooooooh so scary.

obama is standing... he is standing for good values and change. somehow you people fear that, because you have no idea what it will do to your precious little space bubbles.
  • ~So~Sue... ishqboli 2009/01/29 17:08:05
    ~So~Sue~Me~N God JESUS I trust
    +4
    murdering the innocent is good values? abortion is murder.

WHY ARE YOU ARE SO AFRAID of GOD??
    IS it because you don't understand Him or His ways??
  • ishqboli ~So~Sue... 2009/01/29 17:11:18 (edited)
    ishqboli
    i agree abortion is murder. but i don´t see you adopting a 3000 kids a day to make up for it. and i just know you are the type to complain when you have to pay taxes for kids that aren´t yours. you can´t have it both ways, either you care about the kids or you don´t, but don´t hide behind your religious nonsense like that means you care. no matter how horrible it is, abortion is the only practical way to deal with this. there is nothing else that will help, other than sex ed of course

i believe in god, i just think that religion should be private, not forced down people´s throats. i want a president who will do what´s best for the people, not his own moral conscience. if people don´t believe what you believe, fine. what´s the problem? stop holding back society because of your personal religious preferences.

2014/10/26 04:45:39