Why am I now hearing a left-wing, Progressive, Democrat CO-AUTHOR of Obamacare suggest that the BEST way to deal with this law is to let the PEOPLE VOTE ON IT? - If you had a choice do you prefer a November VOTE on it, or the SCOTUS decision?

Howler 2012/03/28 20:49:44
Progressive, Democrat Congressman for New Jersey, and solid supporter & co-author of Obamacare, Rob Andrews, seems to want the current healthcare law about to die in the U.S. Supreme Court, to be VOTED on by the PEOPLE in November 2012 instead of being knocked down by the Judiciary.

WHY NOW?...Why was it not only NOT important to allow the PEOPLE to decide in the first place, but also not even important to allow the PEOPLE TO WHOM THIS LAW WOULD APPLY to even know and UNDERSTAND its DETAILS within its fine lines BEFORE RUSHING it through the law - making process?

WHY?...WHY?...WHY Congressman Andrews?

How condescending can left-wing, Progressives get?

Read More: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1533246006001/

• relic 2012/03/28 20:55:14
    I prefer the decision to be made by the SCOTUS
    relic
    +11
    Poor disallusioned progressives. They still think people at large want a nanny state.

• Scalded... the fuze 2012/03/29 13:16:59
    Scalded Eagle
    +3
    Me either.
  • Don 2012/03/29 10:26:44
    Don
    +5
    It's going to get tossed. This was a democrap power and money grab from the outset.
    They refused to consider any Republican input that would make this turd actually do anything.
    Democraps are frauds and the chickens are coming home to roooost!
  • George 2012/03/29 09:33:18
    George
    +4
    If we are allowed to vote on this WITHOUT voters having to prove they are legally entitled to vote [voter ID] then the left would do the same thing on this as they did in 2008. 1/2 of Mexico would be bussed in to vote for free health care, 1/2 of the participants of the civil war would cast a vote, every Disney character would vote three times in each state.
  • she1040 2012/03/29 08:18:10
    she1040
    +4
    This current disgraceful administration will be outta 'Our House' soon. I prefer SCOTUS kills it and vote in November and kill the dems hold on this nation. once and for all.
  • Scalded... she1040 2012/03/29 13:19:18
    Scalded Eagle
    +2
    I agree, assuming we get to vote.
  • MR. 2012/03/29 06:20:18
    MR.
    +3
    Popularity is now running 60% oppose, 30% support, 10% undecided,...(So much for November anyway, it's held steady at these numbers for 2 1/2 years now,...say bu-buy!)
  • Lisa 2012/03/29 05:20:07
    Lisa
    +4
    The SCOTUS are smarter than all the Progressives put together.
  • Scalded... Lisa 2012/03/29 13:21:03
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    At least five of them are, the other four are far left lap dogs.
  • Helene 2012/03/29 04:50:49
    Helene
    +4
    The Dems can't duplicate votes in the Supreme Court!
  • K. Katt 2012/03/29 04:43:37
    K. Katt
    +4
    Does he plan to send a 2700 page copy of the law to each voter? Doubtless he came up with this lame idea because he thing the SCOTUS is going to find it unconstitutional.
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/03/29 04:35:13
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +4
    For sure I want the courts to slap him in the face with a big fat UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!
  • doc moto 2012/03/29 04:26:26
    doc moto
    +4
    Technically, this bill should not have gotten as far as it had; #1 is is unconstitutional and therefore should have not even been put up for a vote! Duh, that settled that voting to die is stupid! That whole bill is death! Slow and poisonous!
  • Wolfman 2012/03/29 04:25:11
    Wolfman
    +4
    If it is not ruled unconstitutional the 2012 Congress will repeal it.
  • Howler Wolfman 2012/03/29 13:12:50
    Howler
    +2
    That would depend on whether or not there was a large enough of a majority of legislators in BOTH Houses to vote for repeal, send it to the POTUS desk (whoever the POTUS might be) for a signature of approval for repeal or signature of veto -- which would send it BACK to Congress for a 2/3 vote to override a POTUS veto.

Hopefully, the 2012 Congress will be such a majority in BOTH Houses.
  • Wolfman Howler 2012/03/29 18:49:11
    Wolfman
    +1
    I have faith that the voters have overcome their white guilt and wii vote the bum out and the TEA Party in.
  • PrettieReptar 2012/03/29 03:59:38
    PrettieReptar
    +5
    I don't like the thought of 9 people deciding on a law but I'd rather that they decide then we vote on it. We are a Republic not a democracy.
  • zbacku 2012/03/29 03:35:44
    zbacku
    +8
    What's the problem. He knows it's not Constitutional. Does he think Obama can bribe the nation with more lies?
  • marcuss....PHART 2012/03/29 03:25:57 (edited)
    marcuss....PHART
    +6
    Because they will be able to get the cemetery vote.

If it comes to that lets add the GAY MARRIAGE issue to the voting.
  • bpf 2012/03/29 03:03:39 (edited)
    I prefer a VOTE
    bpf
    +6
    The American people did vote with a 70% against approval rating when the bill was being written they didn't listen then behind the closed doors!!
  • zbacku bpf 2012/03/29 03:33:05 (edited)
    zbacku
    +7
    You're right. The majority of Americans were AGAINST this bill from the start. There are even MORE against it today. That's why Obama had to sign in Christmas Eve NIGHT. Behind closed doors with prostituted votes.
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/03/29 02:39:14
    JT For Political Reform
    +8
    The majority of the people were against this from the start. If it was to be voted on, it should have been on the ballot in 2008. The reason it wasn't is because the progressives knew from the Clinton administration that it would fail. Instead we have a run-a-way government saying it's so against our wishes behind closed doors. Remember what Pelousi said, "we have to pass this so people can see what's in it". Doing it that way we could do nothing about it and once it is passed into law is very hard to get rid of.
  • Denny 2012/03/29 02:26:41
    I prefer a VOTE
    Denny
    +5
    No, he doesn't want a vote!!! Trust me.
  • Mr. Smith 2012/03/29 01:56:36
    Mr. Smith
    +8
    As much as the Democrats want this country to be a ruled as a Democracy, it isn't. And for good reason, a Democracy is nothing more than majority rules, Mobocracy.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
  • Prettie... Mr. Smith 2012/03/29 03:57:10
    PrettieReptar
    +6
    Exactly. As soon as I read the article that was the first thing that came to my mind. We are not a Democracy.

Our Constitution guarantees us a Republican form of government.
  • Mr. Smith Prettie... 2012/03/29 04:22:14
    Mr. Smith
    +5
    Bingo! This is why propositions are a bad practice, just because the majority want something doesn't mean it doesn't violate someone elses rights.
  • Prettie... Mr. Smith 2012/03/29 04:38:55
    PrettieReptar
    +3
    Gotcha! The minority.
  • Mr. Smith Prettie... 2012/03/29 14:13:42
    Mr. Smith
    +2
    I see you're a fellow Libertarian.....I should have known, you obviously know what real freedom and liberty is supposed to look like!
  • Willl 2012/03/29 01:40:21
    Willl
    +6
    I think that the left do realize that the law is in perils with the SCOTUS.
    The call for the people to vote on it is an avenue that is more promising for the left than the SCOTUS decision and it is for two reasons.
    #1. If there is a national referendum and the mandate and the law consequently is struck down, they can still try to push the same thing few years down the road, when they get to power again. With the SCOTUS decision, not so much.
    #2. They try to take this opportunity and project themselves as the champions of Democracy and protectors of people's will, which is going to benefit the party as party that respects the "We the People" will.
    Today, coming home from work, I tuned to Thom Hartmann show and heard him making a very compelling argument in regards to the SCOTUS. He said, paraphrasing, that the future of American people, all 310 millions of us, are now in the hands of 9 unelected officials, which is unfair. The same Thom Hartmann praises and defends Roe vs. Wade SCOTUS decision as fair and just any chance he has. Thom Hartmann is not some big mouth ignorant idiot. This guy is intelligent. He is a socialist but intelligent one that can and will make his case compelling, not necessarily accurate but well-thought and well-framed.
  • jackolantyrn356 2012/03/29 01:34:48 (edited)
    I prefer a VOTE
    +4
    But then there are two Justices that should have RECUSED themselves from the Obamacatre stuff because one did notes on writing the thing and the 2nd had a major part in writting it. These are as Dishonest as can be and if there was a way there should be removed from the Bench due to being an common LIAR,

Do not forget the Democrats have ruled Congress since the early 1930s, All the money and all the land. THWEIR ARROGANCE HAS LED HERE AND THEY NEED TO BE TURNED OUT FROM CONGRESS FOR AT ;LEAST A WHOLE GENERATION SO THEY MAY DFORGET THIS MARXIST BUSINESS,
  • bluejacket 2012/03/29 01:34:39
    bluejacket
    +2
    Before the people vote on it, we need to wait until we get as many illegals registered as possible.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/29 00:56:20
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    But either way, did he miss the majority of Americans don't want the mandate? It is like 75% dude.
  • Concerned Citizen 2012/03/29 00:41:43 (edited)
    Concerned Citizen
    +6
    Knowing their ovomitcare is in peril with the SCOTUS,....they are attempting a political end-around to avoid the inevitable.
  • Palpatine [Anti-RP2012] 2012/03/29 00:16:05
  • Hawkeye 2012/03/29 00:10:01
    Hawkeye
    +4
    Actually .. neither one will be the end of this issue.. No sooner will they lose THIS time when they'll be right back to starting the whole thing all over again..

If they wanted a vote they would have pushed for a Constitutional Amendment when it was Hillarycare or Universal Healthcare before that..

The American People have rejected this time and time again in the past and even NOW the polls show a healthy Majority opposed to it in it's present form..

I have NO Idea what this guy is up to by coming out and saying this NOW.. It's TOO LATE for that.. It's IN the SCOTUS court now and if it survives there it faces REPEAL when the COngress and the White House becomes Republican..

THIS makes NO MORE sense then the CLAIM that IF SCOTUS finds Obamacare Unconstitutional it'll put Obama back in the White House..
  • Hawkeye Hawkeye 2012/03/29 00:48:44
    Hawkeye
    +3
    I chose the SCOTUS option for a number of reasons..

ONE.. The constitutionality of the Law would have to be established whether that law was passed by Congress or by referendum.

TWO.. I may be wrong here but I know of NO way to Constitutionally conduct a referendum on the Federal Level..

The Constitution is quite clear that it is ONLY within the powers of CONGRESS to pass laws.. NOT the people..

EVEN in the case of the Amendment Process,, a direct vote BY the people is NOT part of the process.. The STATES ratify an amendment.

SO.. I don’t know WHAT this Progressive./Liberal,, who should KNOW better,, is talking about when he says the law should be voted on BY the people.. maybe he just doesn't KNOW the Constitution.. And MAYBE it's all a smokescreen like the claim that if Obamacare fails in the SCOTUS,, it'll help Obama get re-elected..

And three.. WE need this settled NOW.. Obama has NOT waited for this.. For two years Obama and the Democrats have been building the STRUCTURE to support Obamacare.. They will NOT let it go that easilly.. They will NOT cut the tendrils of Government that they worked so hard to put into place..

If Obamacare gets tossed today,, it will take DECADES to weed out those tendrils and repair the damage of this CANCER..
  • mike 2012/03/29 00:02:14
    I prefer a VOTE
    mike
    +4
    the more we find out the more unpopular it is!
  • Average Joe 2012/03/28 23:37:51
    Average Joe
    +1
    That's how the country works in regards to SC decisions. The law doesn't provide for an election regarding this item.

There is no such thing as "Obamacare." It's a term coined by the Tea Party with one purpose ... undermining efforts at a national health care policy.

I am always surprised at the number of FOX viewers who post FOX links as some kind of standard, litmus test, proof or testament to support a position or opinion.who are not aware FOX doesn't present news but EDITORIAL OPINION and SLANT (by the station's own admission). It's not much different than watching Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.
    http://www.pensitoreview.com/...
  • dubbie Average... 2012/03/28 23:59:19
    dubbie
    +3
    Or one could be watching the Twilight zone if they`re convinced obamacare is really about America`s healthcare
  • Average... dubbie 2012/03/29 01:41:39
    Average Joe
    Here's where I stand on that ... he's the only one addressing what now amounts to 17 percent of the economy. It can't be ignored. Candidates talking about spending or the deficit means little when they don't have a plan to address the health care crisis. I don't agree with much of Obama's plan but we can tweak it later. It's a bold start. For years politicians had chance after chance to reel in insurance companies and did nothing as they raped Americans with unfair premiums equating what, ironically, is socialism. We pay high premiums to subsidize those with without insurance in regards to auto insurance which mandate a minimum personal injury policy for each driver. Those who are fit to be tied over national health coverage or "Obamacare" (as it's called now) can thank years of deregulation and unfettered runaway price gouging and fixing by insurance companies, the lobbyists and sitting presidents who gave them free reign.
  • Hawkeye Average... 2012/03/29 13:19:01
    Hawkeye
    +1
    There has NEVER been a time when the Republicans didn 't have a plan for addressing the REAL problems of Healthcare.. There WERE solutions devised and proposed that addressed those problems specifically and ALL were REJECTED out of hand by Socialist's healthcare Democrats who would accept NOTHING else....

2014/11/23 07:38:32