Who's threatening whom? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Mariposa 2011/12/28 00:45:58
http://www.bluerepublican.org/2011/12/whos-threatening-whom/

Each star marks a US military base, but just so we’re clear: Iran is threatening us; we’re not threatening them
blue republican

• Lady Wh... Defendn... 2011/12/28 23:11:37
    +1
    Sharia law.
  • Rave 2011/12/28 09:15:42
    Rave
    +1
    Sure, imagine a powerful country comes and bombs your nation's towns and innocents (Well war always has causalities, what can you do) and say a close relative of yours dies in the bombing or a relative of a friend, now they come and invade and say "Don't worry, we're coming in peace but we're just gonna set up some military bases here and there and terrorize your people a bit, just in case... you know, a few of them might be terrorists" Now after seeing your people constantly humiliated and pushed around by these foreign troops, you and your friends and family decide you've had enough, so you take in arms and decide to scare away the intruder, you decide you have to fight for your way of life now or otherwise they will take over.

As soon as you start fighting back, they claim "You're threatening US, we're not threatening YOU at all!"

I'm sure you'd say "Oh alright, yes, you're right, I'll leave you in peace to invade my country now"
  • LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME 2011/12/28 06:23:21
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    +2
    LIBERTARIAN PARTY Platform http://www.lp.org/platform
    Statement of Principles
    3.1 NATIONAL DEFENSE: We support the maintenance of a sufficient military to defend the United States against aggression. The United States should both avoid entangling alliances and abandon its attempts to act as policeman for the world. We oppose any form of compulsory national service.
    3.3 International Affairs "...Our foreign policy should emphasize defense against attack from abroad and enhance the likelihood of peace by avoiding foreign entanglements."
  • LittleScroll 2011/12/28 06:21:05
    LittleScroll
    +1
    What base can they build against this:
    http://www.LittleScroll.com
  • LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME 2011/12/28 06:20:45
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    +3
    "My friends, you don't need to do nation building in Israel. We're already built. You don't need to export democracy to Israel. We've already got it. You don't need to send American troops to defend Israel. We defend ourselves." ~ Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, - May 2011 before the U.S. Congress

• Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/28 06:14:33
  • LisaWay... Lawnmow... 2011/12/28 07:40:06 (edited)
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    +1
    Yes, but is it respectful or helpful to Israel for US to dictate to Israel, regarding with whom she may be friends or trade or negotiate or how their government or society should be run?

Is it truly helpful or respectful to Israel to be blatantly in the face of her enemies on her behalf, simultaneously allied with many nations against her enemies? Always stirring bees against Israel?

imo, That is not standing with her.

Also, consider her nukes, see maps, see allied forces all around, and see above statement/speech by PM Netanyahu. Is he wrong or lying? What do you think?
  • Cyan9 Lawnmow... 2011/12/28 07:43:32
    Cyan9
    +1
    except the sack of Judea by the Roman army. Yup good thing there was no temple destroyed or any mass exodus of refugees. Something so big it could be called a diaspora. I'm really glad that didn't happen. Yup, Israel has never been conquered in history.
  • Helmholtz Lawnmow... 2011/12/28 08:42:43
    Helmholtz
    +1
    Israel is small, therefore the US should have bases all over the world?
  • rightside Lawnmow... 2011/12/28 23:41:52
    rightside
    That's right.
  • LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME 2011/12/28 06:03:39 (edited)
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    Yes, and that is just the US, and US occupation there is not much different from 1991 Persian Gulf Crisis map. Also it does not include all the other enemy, including Israeli nukes, pointing at Iran 24/7; allied enemy in 12 directions of the wind.
  • VICTORIA 2011/12/28 05:28:03
    VICTORIA
    +3
    Yes, a picture is worth 1,000 words.
  • ttfndude 2011/12/28 05:12:47
    ttfndude
    +3
    Washington warned us not to become the world's police force...he said it would destroy us politically and financially. Who says you can't learn from history.
  • reaper ttfndude 2011/12/28 05:26:29
    reaper
    +1
    i believe he said something about staying out of european affairs
  • LisaWay... reaper 2011/12/28 06:11:07
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    +1
    heh. good luck with that...

NATO
  • reaper LisaWay... 2011/12/28 06:12:37
    reaper
    +1
    i know huh
  • LisaWay... reaper 2011/12/28 06:51:19
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    +1
    RON PAUL-- from the debates, 2007-08 cycle: "I want us out of the U.N., the IMF, the World Bank, the WTO, NAFTA, and CAFTA....and those of you who are so high-minded about sovereignty, you wouldn't support this war because there's two reasons we've gone to war. One, to go after the weapons, which didn't exist. And the other, was to enforce U.N. resolutions, and that's criminal!"
  • LisaWay... reaper 2011/12/28 06:55:05
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    Principles of the Constitution Party, #7 of 7
    http://www.constitutionparty....

American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
  • LisaWay... reaper 2011/12/28 07:37:00
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    and more good luck with that...
    UN Principles  WTO  IMF
  • reaper LisaWay... 2011/12/28 08:12:18
    reaper
    +1
    i see UNICEF on that, i had a job with them awhile back, i enjoyed it a lot
  • LisaWay... reaper 2011/12/28 08:57:15 (edited)
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    Cool! I think there are a lot of good works being done, especially by little individual people. What did you get to help with?

The intergovernment greater org, however, is scary to me, mostly because its interworkings and connected powers are illusive, and people don't realize the grand scheme of the UN, I imagine, nor do they get a say in it.

The WTO and IMF alone have a lot of hidden and expansive powers...

What was your experience/knowledge of the funding situation at Unicef?

The private orgs, and many of the religion based org.s, as a rule, are much better funded, in that the records are better kept/tracked, and a much greater percentage of the funding actually gets to the people/project intended, without fear of being attached to gov-related associations' intervention/direction and repercussion, foreign and domestic. i.e., We could still do the same good works, just within our own gov. and privately-- and more and better, without having to trust hazy world org attachments, imo.
  • reaper LisaWay... 2011/12/28 10:49:37
    reaper
    +1
    something i made for them, don't really want to go much farther than that.
  • LisaWay... ttfndude 2011/12/28 06:12:59
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    Yes, and all those other Founding Father guys too; but not Hamilton! And more recently we heard Eisenhower's warning; MLK & JFK...but Noooooo we do not listen. I guess they are all wacko like Ron Paul.
  • reaper 2011/12/28 05:07:43
    reaper
    +4

and the image here is old and likely very out of date but it still holds that we have a lot of bases around the world
    httpen wikipedia orgwiki image date holds bases world
  • LisaWay... reaper 2011/12/28 07:28:50
    LisaWay☮JUST MARCH HOME
    +1
    US Bases Worldwide 2010. *Note the bar charts at the bottom say they do NOT include Iraq or Afghan. (where we are most concentrated). But the Text on the map does include them, e.g. 400 bases in Afghan.
    US Military Bases Worldwide
  • Matt 2011/12/28 04:52:22
    Matt
    +1
    It's a good thing thing that national security only costs about $1.2 trillion per year, or I would think that we were getting ripped off. I hope that Muslims keep buying our gas stations, convenience stores and motels so that we can keep this up.
    http://www.alternet.org/world...
  • Wake The Sheeple 2011/12/28 03:58:54
    Wake The Sheeple
    +4
    Thank you Mariposa! This is an excellent demonstration of our overbearing/ warmonering government which obviously has a contrary policy to their "make the world safe for Democracy" propaganda.

us democracy
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2011/12/28 03:58:34
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    Iran is on the list. The list was first disclosed by Lesley Clarke in 2001.

"On its 62nd year, NATO continues to expand its military operations – including the current war in Afghanistan and recent military attacks on Libya. We should not be surprised by the NATO attack on Libya, as the programme for wars was revealed to us by US General Lesley Clarke, NATO commander during the bombing of Serbia, stating on American TV seven years earlier, in 2001, that the Pentagon had drawn up a ‘hit list’ of seven states they wanted to ‘take-out’ within five years – Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran."

http://www.transcend.org/tms/...
  • Mariposa Pedro D... 2011/12/28 04:06:55
    Mariposa
    +2
    Interesting. Never heard of this before but it's not surprising.
  • Justin.Long 2011/12/28 03:45:51
    Justin.Long
    Think of it like this a man owns a small arsenal rifles pistols the like well the man is ok except he can be nosy, well now because of this a man down the street is not only verball threading him but his fellow neighbors the man who is actually threading people has little to do serious damage save fist and light gardening equipment now tell me who is more dangerous The man armed to the teeth but little reason to use or the man wanting to hurt people
  • bob h. 2011/12/28 02:14:14
    bob h.
    +1
    Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy the oil, like Capitalists used to do.
  • Defendn... bob h. 2011/12/28 12:54:06
    DefendnProtect
    So true. Our 'capitalistic' corporations, bribing political campaigns, in the defense and oil industry would make lower profits for their Chinese shareholders though.
  • bob h. 2011/12/28 02:09:10
    bob h.
    +1
    So why are we bankrupt.
  • Eddie 2011/12/28 01:47:43
    Eddie
    +2
    Journey to exotic foreign lands. Meet interesting new people, and kill them.
  • reaper Eddie 2011/12/28 05:04:20
    reaper
    i thought it was meet interesting new people, and make out with them...
  • Eddie reaper 2011/12/28 18:26:41
    Eddie
    Yeah, that would be more friendly.
  • RS 2011/12/28 01:40:51
    RS
    +1
    Iran sucks!
  • Wake Th... RS 2011/12/28 04:00:47
  • RS Wake Th... 2011/12/28 16:08:06
    RS
    +2
    Ok...I enjoyed your presentation and am very involved with GOP politics so I am very famillier with Ron Paul. The problem with this is that we are not in Iran...the analogy would be better if it said what if Forriegn troops were stationed in Canada and Mexico. In that case we would invoke the Monroe
    Doctrine. Now, We were at war in Iraq and Afganistan so by virtue have the right to be there. If a forrign power wants to invade they can do it as well and I am sure we would fight back...at least I hope so....I am more doubtful in my older age. We had an Isolationist view point once before...It got us Pearl Harbor and perhaps the worst peace time military we have EVER had...1940. From Here to Eternity was addressing it however, does better in the book then the film. The problem with war as it exists now is very clear...WE DON'T FIGHT IT THE WAY WE DID IN WW2 WHEN WE LIKED WINNING! The first thing a gutsey President should do is revoke the rules of engagement...I love ity when politicians say we can not win in IRAQ or some other ridiculas country...The problem is that we are more interested in prosecuting a marine who may have harmed a civillian instead of beating a country into utter submission so that THE PEOPLE demand that their gov. behave in a civilized fashion. Sir. I ...

Doctrine. Now, We were at war in Iraq and Afganistan so by virtue have the right to be there. If a forrign power wants to invade they can do it as well and I am sure we would fight back...at least I hope so....I am more doubtful in my older age. We had an Isolationist view point once before...It got us Pearl Harbor and perhaps the worst peace time military we have EVER had...1940. From Here to Eternity was addressing it however, does better in the book then the film. The problem with war as it exists now is very clear...WE DON'T FIGHT IT THE WAY WE DID IN WW2 WHEN WE LIKED WINNING! The first thing a gutsey President should do is revoke the rules of engagement...I love ity when politicians say we can not win in IRAQ or some other ridiculas country...The problem is that we are more interested in prosecuting a marine who may have harmed a civillian instead of beating a country into utter submission so that THE PEOPLE demand that their gov. behave in a civilized fashion. Sir. I may sound like a war monger...I assure you...I hate war. My Grandfather fought in the battle of Okinawa....A NIGHTMARE...but sometimes to go forward to a world that has little or no war we must be willing to destroy destruction and evil. Some coutries simply do not afford the people any rights. If we are truly part of the family of the world should we really sit back and let those countries do as they please...I end with this and hope if you address any of what I have written you will at least address this...

WHAT WOULD YOUR MR. PAUL HAVE DONE WHEN HE HEARD OF MR. HITLER's concentration camp's? Would HE HAVE CALLED IT AN iNTERNAL PROBLEM?

HOW ABOUT THE RAPE OF NANGKING? WAS THAT SIMPLY A FORRIEGN WAR?

When there is nothing worth fighting for,there is nothing much worth living for.
  • Wake Th... RS 2011/12/28 16:20:10
    Wake The Sheeple
    Poodylou posted this & I think it is extremely pertinent.

Who is threatening who? That was what I was trying to convey, The United States government is clearly the aggressors in this case as they were from 1953 - 1979.

military bases iran

2014/11/27 01:48:03