Who's the Real 'Looney Tune': Chris Matthews or Glenn Beck?

Politics 2011/02/04 16:00:00
It's like Ali-Frazier up in here! If Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier were pasty, middle-aged blowhards.

Fox's Glenn Beck and MSNBC's Chris Matthews are taking turns savaging each other on their respective television programs, and don't look for either of the doughy barkers to back down any time soon.

A week ago, Beck went apoplectic on Mathews after Matthews called Tea Party fave Michele Bachmann a "balloon head" for her unique version of American history. Beck administered a scorching screed:

"You sir, are a balloon head that was taught by a balloon head and all you did because you're a balloon head was sit in your stupid balloon head Ivy League classroom and be indoctrinated by a balloon head and never ever used your balloon head to ask an intelligent question of the balloon head in the tweed jacket! You self-sanctimonious, self-important balloon head, America has had enough. Do your own homework."

This week, Matthews took issue with Beck's commentary on the turmoil in Egypt. First, he reviewed a recent Beck broadcast, in which the frantic yakker imagines a worst-case scenario: the installation of an Islamic caliphate and the spread of uprising throughout Europe.

"This is," Matthews started, "I do not use the term lightly, looney tunes."

Later, Matthews devoted his Let Me Finish closing segment to Beck, who he calls a "major exploiter of fear":

"Today’s number one exploiter of fear is Glenn Beck. Beck thinks he’s Bishop Sheen without a cape and collar. But, yes, he’s got blackboards and a kind of odd instructive manner that appeals to people who don’t have the time to dream up worse-case scenarios but are sometimes ready to give a listen to his brand of conspiracy ...

"Yesterday, when he was -- we were giving you the latest news from Cairo and the White House, Beck was preaching the coming of the caliphate - - that’s right -- the coming of the caliphate ...

"Why is Beck selling this fear? Because he doesn’t want to deal with the problem at hand. It’s too tricky for him, as it is for most of us.

"So, what are Beck and the troublemakers doing? They’re scaring people into a frenzy over the coming of a global caliphate. And to what effect? To fight for Mubarak? To place blame we don’t? To encouraged Mubarak to fight the people in the streets?

"No, I’ll bet it’s to begin a long campaign of fear, something to talk about on the radio, something to scare people with -- like Beck’s claims that Barack Obama is a secret racist and we should shoot our political rivals in the head, the forehead to be exact, he says ...

"Does anybody check this guy’s copy over there? Is FOX saying that they believe this stuff, this argument, the latest, that we should arm up personally, build our bunkers and vote against Democrats or any Republican that doesn’t side with Beck and Bachmann and the rest of this band of looney tunes?"

Read More: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/02...

• ASPEN 2011/02/04 16:14:17
    Chris Matthews
    ASPEN
    +73
    Matthews is a joke. Why anyone would take that vile hateful lying buffoons word is reprehensible. Matthews is rude and in fact a BALLOON HEAD. Those who chose Glenn Beck as being a loon never ever watched his show. If they did they would realize what he says is backed up with facts. Wake up people and do your homework.

• Fef 2011/02/07 07:06:40
    Chris Matthews
    Fef
    +2
    Glenn Beck doesn't deny or hide his Conservative agenda. Chris Matthews still believes he represents the moderate position.
  • Cody Dubois 2011/02/07 06:12:55
  • Charu ∞... Cody Du... 2011/02/07 07:31:40
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    jealous are you Cody?
  • Cody Du... Charu ∞... 2011/02/08 05:28:12
    Cody Dubois
    yes, i wish i could act.
  • Charu ∞... Cody Du... 2011/02/10 05:41:39
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    yeah...right
  • Cody Du... Charu ∞... 2011/02/12 05:37:13
    Cody Dubois
    hehehehe
  • Charu ∞... Cody Du... 2011/02/12 06:08:02
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    hehehe
  • Cody Du... Charu ∞... 2011/02/16 04:39:27
    Cody Dubois
    HEH HEH HEHH biatch
  • Charu ∞... Cody Du... 2011/02/18 15:31:20
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    snappy come back biotch
  • Cody Du... Charu ∞... 2011/02/19 23:50:51
    Cody Dubois
    yeah im a pretty sassy gal
  • Charu ∞... Cody Du... 2011/02/20 06:06:29
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    so see Siam! :D
  • Frank B... Cody Du... 2011/02/07 17:19:05 (edited)
    Frank Butler
    +1
    When Glenn places Obama's and the Progressive agenda bare for all to see the faithful are reaching for their pick axes and torches ready to string him up as evidenced by this eloquent rant.

If Glenn were not so on target (oops, "target" is a hate word according to the 20 inch cock sucking liberals who blamed Palin for the shooting) Progressive's would not be so upset.
  • kenny Cody Du... 2011/02/08 05:57:06
    kenny
    +2
    Yeah, Beck is a moron alright.
  • Cody Du... kenny 2011/02/08 06:16:01
    Cody Dubois
    wooh !
  • daylight 2011/02/07 05:18:53
    Chris Matthews
    daylight
    +3
    Chris is a socialist, and he has proclaim to be one , did you not do your home work??? Chris lol, is in the bag, the grab bag, he doesn't understand the times, he doesn't understand socialism. What a stinking shame, socialism , socialist ultimately comes down to Dictatorship.
    People need to do their homework:
  • mrk5panzer 2011/02/07 03:08:06
    Chris Matthews
    mrk5panzer
    +4
    Hold on I'm trying to stop my leg from shaking.
  • Charu ∞... mrk5panzer 2011/02/07 07:21:41
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    rotflmao
  • sugee 2011/02/07 02:15:06
    Chris Matthews
    sugee
    +1
    I guess I'm the looney here cuz I voted for the wrong guy. Beck is the looney Tune here. His show is full of theatrics and it's funny.
  • kate 2011/02/07 02:12:33
    Glenn Beck
    kate
    +6
    Chris Matthews is a media-whore doofus but Glenn Beck is an unprincipled manipulator who uses the ignorance of the masses to enrich himself. He is a stain on our national portrait.
  • Charu ∞... kate 2011/02/07 07:24:58
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    Good gravy woman.....must you display your ignorance to all the world (or at least SH). EVERYTHING GB has said is correct if you would go and research it. On the few times he was wrong he admitted it and apologized for it. The stains on our national portrait are sitting in the WH and all the ones like him or who like him IMHO. Blessings ~ Nana
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/07 15:38:20
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/10 05:46:04
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    No, I DVR the show then I research everything he says & you know what...he is right.
    As for the Bible....you bet I do! Every word in it is true and most has been proven and is being proven right now in our time but you are too ignorant or lazy to research anything on your own. It is easier for you to sit back and be sppon-fed with lies. Gosh, I am so glad I don't have you self-esteem and intelligence (pr lack of).
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/10 07:55:45
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/10 09:03:12
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    LOL...I love the "I actually am educated and up to date on current events".

Yes, I actually do research most of what he says....a lot I already know without having to be told. I am not home when GB is on so yes, I DRV the programs and if I question something I stop it and go look it up....remember back in your "education" period. Educated....yeah, you were indoctrinated well. I have reason but I also have faith. Many an atheist as yourself have become Christian because they researched the Bible and compared it against science..and guess what dude......they now have faith.
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/10 15:30:43
    Konraden
    +1
    Faith in your bible and Faith in Glenn Beck, because when there is no evidence--that's all that works.
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/11 05:13:35
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    Sorry but there is plenty of evidence but you chose not to see. Your arrogance and pride have blind you.
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/11 14:20:20
    Konraden
    +1
    Infamous Glenn Beck statement #450

"Do you know in the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for dogs," Beck said. "Do I need to say any more?"
  • Konraden Konraden 2011/02/11 20:00:55
    Konraden
    Are you going to tell me that Glenn Beck isn't lying here?
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/12 06:10:50
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    any your point? really?!?!?!?! Exactly when did he say this and was it tongue in cheek because everything in it was hush hush. Afterall, according to Nancy P they had to pass the bill to find out what was in it.
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/12 22:38:55
    Konraden
    it was on is radio show. It wasn't him being tongue in cheek it was Beck festering lies about the health care bill. You can find the quote online in its full context. Nancy Pelosi is a red herring.com don't bother bringing that up again.
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/14 09:32:15
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    You really need to lay off the booze & koolaid mixture dude......or is it drugs? Post it here...you can post the radio shows too.
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/14 14:51:07
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/18 15:33:20
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    ROTFLMAO....really?!?!?!?!?!?! You are using mediamatters.org? Get me a break! You may be stupid enough to fall for the propaganda but I'm not.....now try to post facts as in the truth.
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/18 15:39:26
    Konraden
    His radio show is on that, dumbass, his own voice and everything. If you want to continually be ignorant of this very obvious fact that Beck is lying through his *teeth* and probably knows it too.
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/18 16:37:30
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    Look Komrade drop the progressive degrading name calling, I realize that is one of your ways to make you feel better about yourself. If you would research what you hear rather than accepting every word of someone else says you could possibly hold down an intelligent conservation. I have NOT use Glenn Beck on any references as you have mediamatters.org. have listened and watched Mr. Beck and NEVER heard anything like that coming from his lips unless he was being sarcastic. If I thought for one moment he was being serious I would be on the hunt for the truth. So far, he has done good including owning some of his misquotes. Good Day!
  • Konraden Charu ∞... 2011/02/19 05:45:03
    Konraden
    So, right here on this link it conclusively shows Glenn Beck claiming the Health Care Bill offered insurance for Dogs.
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/...

You would rather plug your ears and scream as loud as possible to avoid it, but there it is.

Here is the entire breakdown of how and why he is completely wrong and deliberately misleading.
    http://www.politifact.com/tru...

And the entire health Care Bill for you to read. I've shown sufficient and clear evidence showing Glenn Beck to be lying. Now its your turn to show me Insurance for Dogs in the Health Care bill.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=...
  • Charu ∞... Konraden 2011/02/19 14:53:18
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    No you have shown me is progressive BS, that's all you have to offer. I don't do lies and propaganda if that is you cup of tea then I pity you. Good Day!
  • Miss UT Charu ∞... 2011/02/27 11:53:27
    Miss UT
    You believe Beck, don't you???? Then you do lies and propaganda...that's all he has to suck people like you in. You are the one to be pitied.
  • Charu ∞... Miss UT 2011/03/02 14:39:53
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    Well ...let's see how do I put this....I didn't NEED GB to tell me this because I already KNEW it, he just verified it. So those of you who live in the green koolaid fog I pity you because apparently you are not intelligent enough to search out the REAL truth, you will go to progressive vomit sites be it online, on TV, radio, or paper material and say YES that is it! Why? IMHO because it is easier to believe a lie than to read, research and learn the ugly horrible truth. I know I have been there ...waaaaaaaaaaay before Beck came on to the scene. Sorry to disappoint you.
  • Marshal... Charu ∞... 2011/02/27 16:22:34
    Marshal Artz
    GIVE IT UP WOMAN, YOU ARE IN OVER YOUR HEAD. YOU CAN'T WIN.

2014/07/31 13:37:32