Who's more racist, black people or white people?

joe 2008/03/13 22:06:24
black people
white people

• Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2013/07/22 16:29:26
    white people
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    Neither, but it is racist to generalize an individual characteristic across an entire race, as this racist poll question does.
  • joe Warren ... 2013/07/25 23:39:20
    joe
    Don't read too much into it,it's just a question.
  • Warren ... joe 2013/07/25 23:42:13
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    It's just my opinion.. You are free to disagree, but that will not change mine.
  • joe Warren ... 2013/07/29 14:25:56
    joe
    Not trying to change your opinion.
  • curious Warren ... 2014/08/16 03:37:42
    curious
    This is just a question in general... I've seen those black girls rule tee shirts and my question is... if a white girl wore a white girls rule tee shirt would people call it racist?
  • Warren ... curious 2014/08/16 06:01:43 (edited)
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    I think either is in poor taste, but given the fact that historically one race was oppressed by the other, the two versions of the t-shirt would not really be "equivalent".

But a t-shirt can't be racist, only people are racists.
  • JustMeJP 2011/05/03 11:37:30
    black people
    JustMeJP
    +1
    Black people in America are certainly more racist. Blacks focus on race so much that it seems as if it's the only thing that defines a person's character.

It's not uncommon for a young black man educating himself to be called a "sell-out" or "uppity" by his black peers. Listen to black music and if race is mentioned, it's always about how the white man is somehow evil. I have yet to hear a black person take personal responsibility for their actions.

According to the vocal black majority, if they don't get a job, it's racism. It's never that they weren't qualified.
    If they get stopped by the cops, it's racism. It's never the fact that they were speeding and had a broken tail light.
    Get arrested, it's racism. It's never that they had a gun without a permit, or that they were trespassing, or shoplifting, or whatever they may have been arrested for.

(I do feel sorry for those blacks wrongly accused, as there are a lot of stories about this lately, but... when a white man is released after being wrongly accused, it never makes the headlines. Should I not feel sorry for him too?)

The most recent one I got from a couple black friends was: Black people in England won't know the Brit national anthem because they're black. White people will because they're white and it's their cult...

The most recent one I got from a couple black friends was: Black people in England won't know the Brit national anthem because they're black. White people will because they're white and it's their culture... Oh. And the reason I know the Jamaican one is because I'm Jamaican. Yet neither could recite or sing theirs (both Caribbean).

If a white man said the same, there'd be an uproar... But it's OK for blacks to say it.

...And, all black people are the same. We all have the same culture, apparently. I wonder if Zulus and Hutus think that...

I have yet to hear a SINGLE white person say anything so racist!

According to most blacks I've come across, the following statements are racist:
    "F'ing black people"
    "F'ing Jamaicans"
    "F'ing Cubans"
    "F'ing Nigerians"
    A white man who says "I only date within my race"

...but these aren't:
    "F'ing Russians"
    "F'ing Pols" (Polish)
    "F'ing Italians"
    "F'ing honkeys"
    "F'ing crackers"
    A black man says "I only date within my race"

Seem a bit hypocritical to you?
    I've also been told that black people can't be racist... by black people.

Let's talk TV:
    "There aren't enough black people on TV!" Why must a show with a cast of 5 people have at least 2 blacks? Blacks are only about 13% of the population... I admit it's nice to see blacks on TV, but that's not the reason I watch. I watch for quality content, not for people who look like me.

BET? How about WET? Fine for blacks, and Latinos, but whites? (Well, there was TNN).

And why does BET exist? Apart from maybe Tavis Smiley a while back, has there ever been anything intelligent on there?

What ever happened to judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin?

Affirmative Action = "I'm black so you have to hire me", not "I'm qualified".
    Racial quotas, EEOC, etc.. All favoritism based on color rather than character. Pure racism!

As a black man, I am sick of the hypocritical black racists making MY life harder! The more blacks fight for their illegitimate "right" to be respected simply for being black, the more people are going to look down on them. The harder they "fight", the more it shows that they cannot achieve anything without unfair assistance.

I'm sick of black people telling me that I should "know your place" and that blacks are the only people who will help me if I need it. Funny that in 40 years (I until I moved into my current neighborhood) I had NEVER been helped by a black person. They take take take, but NEVER offer a hand. But then they turn around and call me "brother"! The nerve!

My current neighbors are the exception... The first blacks I have encountered that I can relate to and converse with without the conversation turning to race, or religion.

Let's see how racist most whites are...
    Whites buy more black music than blacks do.
    More whites watch and go to basket ball games than blacks.
    More whites hire blacks than blacks.
    More whites voted for Barack Obama than blacks

But - more blacks have only black friends than whites have only whites (geography permitting). I can't tell you how many times I've encountered blacks who have no white friends yet live in mostly white areas. Can anyone show the opposite?

While there are racist whites, and quite vocal some can be, they are more on the fringes. Racist blacks, on the other hand, are much more mainstream. Blacks who think like I do are certainly on the fringes.

A message to all black people:

The only reason one knows something is due to exposure to the content. No exposure, no knowledge. You cannot know about a culture without being part of it.

Being black does not mean having to talk a certain way, walk a certain way, or listen to certain music.

American blacks are not African. If they go to Africa they're not going to fit in anywhere. Tourist spots don't count.

You live in a land of abundance: money, education, opportunity, freedom. One of the easiest (if not THE) in which to become wealthy. Why aren't you drinking THAT Kool-Aid?

LEARN HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH! This broken English crap shows nothing but pure ignorance. I have no respect for people who refuse to learn how to speak their country's language properly. I will NEVER hire someone who says to me "Yo bruv, you gon hook me up wid dis job?" How would you like to go to a doctor and be told "me a go 'tick 'dis 'ere needle inna yu'ahm an i' a go mek yu feel be'a".

Learn how to spell! See above. And txt spk is NOT acceptable when at a full keyboard!

There's more to life that black music and basketball. Kobe Bryant is not doing you any favors. He's making HIS money. 50 Cent doesn't know you, and he doesn't owe you anything.

Learn to respect talent for talent's sake! Reginald Lewis (America's first black billionaire) didn't gain his level of success by complaining about whitey. He did what was necessary to achieve his goals.

If you hold yourself to a low standard, people are going to treat you accordingly.

If you want respect, you have to give respect.

If you want equality, you have to practice it!

You have a black president. Start acting like blacks deserve it!

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too; so while you point your fingers, someone else is judging you..." - Bob Marley and the Wailers

Thank you for reading my rant...
    A BLACK MAN!

PS. Any "Uncle Tom" or "blind to the truth" comments?
  • joe JustMeJP 2011/05/03 12:02:03
    joe
    +1
    Don't forget they will call you a racist for writing this article.
  • Brasskn... JustMeJP 2013/05/26 04:01:10
    Brassknuckles N'Tattoos
    amen to this
  • mihlali 2010/08/08 02:31:00
    black people
    mihlali
    why should we give it a rest or forgive the only way to even it out by making ALL WHITE PEOPLE slaves
  • JustMeJP mihlali 2011/05/11 18:39:31
    JustMeJP
    Russians, Pols, Germans, etc. should be made slaves when they weren't generally involved in slavery... interesting. Simply for being white they are also condemned.

Blacks don't like being labeled, but LOVE to label all whites as slave traders.

I wonder which part of the northern white majority the blacks have thanked for helping to end slavery and bring changes to effect equality. I have yet to hear a single black thank anyone for their freedom.

Personally, as a black man I would MUCH rather live in Europe or USA than ANY part of Africa, and the fact that I do is partly due to slavery.
  • mihlali JustMeJP 2011/10/16 19:56:52
    mihlali
    are you african american? because it would be so typical of you illiterate fools to judge africa when you havent been there. I have lived in africa and have never been robbed, mugged or got a severe disease etc but i have been mugged in britian more than once. Since you also seem to generalise a race whats your point and being more specific the white countries envolved should be condemned but i would get germans and french people anyway because i dont like them. The white race is and always will be the most evil and racist race in history, no need to sugar coat it!!
  • JustMeJP mihlali 2011/11/04 13:59:05
    JustMeJP
    Before you call someone illiterate, it might behoove you to use proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. Otherwise one would have to assume that you are yourself illiterate.

Your entire response clearly demonstrates the very moronic racism I talked about. Your labeling of whites as evil is so typical. I guess all blacks are great. Robert Mugabe must be your best friend. And your Congolese brethren. You must LOVE them. Do you enjoy taking part in their rape squads? And how about the wonderful genocide in Rwanda? All those wonderful black people. Hitler would be proud!
  • Dot mihlali 2012/04/12 17:39:59
    Dot
    +1
    Blacks were not the only people enslaved. What about the Jews and the Japs? They were both oppressed but unlike some black people, they aren't looking for excuses. Their community is flourishing and they aren't looking hand outs like respirations for their ANCESTORS pain.

And reality check, WHITES FREED THE BLACKS. Do you not try and learn your history on your own? The good, decent whites who were part of the underground railroad. The whites who worked along side of Martin Luther King and fought for Malcolm X's beliefs. The white president who threw out the crazy oppressive laws. They are good and bad people out there and race has nothing to do with it.

Don't go looking for racism because I'm sure you'll find it. But if you are better than that and don't go blaming your problems on something that didn't even happen to you, you'll grow, become a better person, and hopefully share shed some light on other people's hate. Make the world better, don't go looking for hand outs.
  • Brasskn... Dot 2013/05/26 04:03:50
    Brassknuckles N'Tattoos
    thank you
  • Brasskn... mihlali 2013/05/26 04:02:44
    Brassknuckles N'Tattoos
    because you were a slave right?
  • john 2009/04/05 04:54:21
    white people
    john
    i think that there will be a color war soon enough so grab your guns and take plenty of caffeine the KKK lives and is waiting for the next civil war to start
  • Delta Vocab 2009/03/30 05:18:25
    white people
    Delta Vocab
    +1
    Equal. Unfortunately, I cannot choose that option.
    I believe that the question should read, Are Blacks or Whites more verbal about their opinion of racism? As the oppressors, historically, racism is more of a voodoo subject for people of European decent. Personal, I do not believe in racism. Racism is the prejudice against another race. For the past million years, there has only been one race of humans, Homo sapien sapien. A race is a subspecies.Thus the question should read, Which group of people vocalize negative opinions about other cultures, people with a lot of pigment or people with a little pigment.
  • Sunflower 2008/12/17 00:11:03 (edited)
    black people
    Sunflower
    black people in NYC are the most hateful vile bunch of scum i've ever encountered
    i grew up in multi-cultural family and never used the N bomb... but now I know why the word exists. Civilization is doomed. These people ooze hate & use the language to prove it.
  • the rea... Sunflower 2010/02/06 13:40:53
    the realness
    sorry that you feel that way. but I am from NYC. It's not that NYers are hateful, we are survivors! we don't trust anyone.....especially when there are people like YOU who disespect us and judge us. so now what?! you don't like us and maybe you are right...we hate people like you. you just judge us when we are on our way to work rushing to get somewhere and ya'll tourist want to stop us for some BS and ask for directions to get somewhere that is clearly right infront of your face?! Either get with it or stay out! stay somewhere where it's your pace..SUNFLOWER!
  • wolfling 2008/10/24 12:54:17
    white people
    wolfling
    +1
    On this poll, so far, it seems fair to say the white people have been more racist, since 59% voted that black people were more racist, and either answer in itself would be a racist statement.
    The math gets a bit complicated because some white people said that white people are more racist, though.

Oh, yeah, when posting this I get a big pink bar and red button saying "Please choose an answer".
    So here you go: it's those white people on this poll that voted blacks to be more racist that are more racist.
    That clearly does not necessarily include any other white people.

Either way, it makes me wonder why there was no "none of the above" or "undecided" option. Was it some sort of crazy social experiment, to see if people would choose? Or are you seriously suggesting that either "race" must be intrinsically more racist?
  • joe wolfling 2008/10/25 01:43:29
    joe
    Intrinsically racist , that pretty much sums it up.
  • joe wolfling 2008/10/25 01:43:31
    joe
  • JustMeJP wolfling 2011/05/11 18:26:37
    JustMeJP
    +1
    I find it interesting that you use the results as a reason to label people racist. It seems you're saying that if a white person has a bad opinion of black people that that person is instantly racist.

Am I racist for thinking that Indians (not Native Americans) who don't wash their hands after using the toilet are nasty and spread disease in the office? Fact is a lot of Indians don't wash their hands after using the toilet as their culture teaches them different manners. Eat with your right, wipe with your left (common theme in The East). Fact is that dirty hands on computer keyboards tend to spread illnesses in offices. A racists statement? No, a factual one.

The only thing I can see by your statement is that YOU cannot see beyond the color of one's skin to determine the facts. A white person MUST be racist if he/she thinks blacks are more racist, but is OK with the opposite opinion. Is the same true if a black person thinks what whites are more racist? Simply unfair and rather simplistic reasoning, and it's that kind of simplistic reasoning combined with unfair biases that allows racism to thrive - accusation after accusation with no rational thought.

People's opinions are formed by their experiences, and I can attest to the fact that most of the people I have met have been gre...

People's opinions are formed by their experiences, and I can attest to the fact that most of the people I have met have been great. Most of them have been white (90%), and I think that's due to the fact that I lived in white areas. Most of the blacks I have met have been so focused on race rather than effort, on "being black" rather than being good citizens, that I have no choice but to conclude that blacks are more racist.

If a black man walks into an all white church, is he turned away? How about a white man into an all black church? Who do you think will generally be more welcoming? I bet the black church would be less comfortable for the white than the white church for the black. Racist statement?

Oddly enough, racism was never a focal point in my life until my black peers started telling me how white people were bad people that always discriminated against blacks, how white people will "only let you get so far" etc etc. Most blacks have a chip on their shoulder from experiences they themselves have never had, but rather have manifested through their own behavior.

How well do you think "iM-SO-SiCK-OF-BEiNG-LONLEY" is going to be respected when she obviously has not taken her education seriously (a choice she made). Her spelling and grammar are not great. She'll never be editor of the New York Times. Am I being racist by saying that? If someone doesn't get a job, is it always race? How about ability?

I remember being taught to take responsibility for my actions and to pursue my dreams. If I wanted something, I had to work for it, nothing in life is free. It seems we have forgotten that. Racism is an easy label used frequently when blacks don't get what they want. They never seem to be able to accept that there are better people out there. Oddly though, when they DO get what they worked hard for, other blacks say "they're lucky" or "he's a sell-out", or even "he thinks he better than us". I have NEVER heard a white person denigrate someone's success. Tell me THAT's not blacks being racist... against their own!

Anyone who thinks that the color of skin makes a person special, or that one should be held to a different standard based on skin color IS racist!

And just so you know... I'm black.
  • wolfling JustMeJP 2011/05/25 23:17:10
    wolfling
    You completely missed the point of my post, mate.
  • JustMeJP wolfling 2011/05/26 00:27:14
    JustMeJP
    Did I? You seemed to imply that people were showing they were racist simply because of the results, and then by the fact that the question was asked at all.. Then you implied that if a white person voted that blacks were more racist, that he/she was racist.

Or did your comment above not say those things?
  • wolfling JustMeJP 2012/07/22 00:55:04
    wolfling
    What I was saying was that labeling people more or less racist depending on the colour of their own skin is racist in itself. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Dot wolfling 2012/04/12 18:40:06
    Dot
    Why would a white person be more racist if they voted blacks more racist? This isn't 1935 where the laws were clearly oppressing black people. It's 2012 where we have a black president that was voted in by whites.

Have you not listened to a rap song on the radio that says something negative about white people? Yeah there's white power songs but you would NEVER hear that publicly broadcasted. It is always acceptable to say something negative about white people but say something wrong about black people and everyone would turn on you.

The media, entertainment, television, and even in school has ingrained us all with this notion that whites should feel guilty about being white. We all know the history, but should I feel guilty about something that I did not do, nor agree with?

We need to hold the individual responsible, not mass all the problems into one group of people. This is what creates all this hatred. No one should feel guilty about something they can't change.
  • wolfling Dot 2012/07/22 01:01:06
    wolfling
    Saying that people of a certain skin colour are intrinsically more racist is making a racist statement.
  • markwilkins 2008/10/20 20:47:38
    black people
    markwilkins
    BLACKS are way MORE RACIST!!! All of the ones I know In my area HATE me because I AM WHITE! I DONT HATE THEM!!! THEY HATE ME CAUSE OF MY SKIN COLOR!!!
  • wolfling markwil... 2008/10/24 12:56:32
    wolfling
    +1
    Maybe they hate you because you shout too much. Or because you keep calling them racist. Or maybe you just smell foul and they try to avoid your company.
  • chris c... wolfling 2009/04/27 15:34:14
    chris cross19
    +1
    i think wolfing is trying to make excuses. it doesnt matter how u smell and i doubt he yells at them wtf? they r just racist when we rnt racist to them. oh by the way just listen to some rap they make fun of whites all the time now listen to country when do we make fun of them?
  • wolfling chris c... 2011/05/25 23:15:16
    wolfling
    Excessive use of capital letters and exclamation marks is considered shouting.
  • sonny 2008/10/19 07:00:31 (edited)
    white people
    sonny

white people have to remember that God was watching them and his wrath will be upon them for all the bad bad things that they have done to other people.
    all the killings and murders, believe me you will pay. vengence is mines said the lord. don't be scared now!!

who are you gonna call ? Ghost Busters?
    white people

all the killings and murders, believe me you will pay. vengence is mines said the lord. don't be scared now!! watching wrath people killings murders pay vengence mines lord scared

who are you gonna call ? Ghost Busters?
  • wolfling sonny 2008/10/24 17:05:31
    wolfling
    But how come your "God" hits cities like New Orleans, or countries like Bangladesh or Thailand more than for example Washington DC, upmarket London, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Sydney, Brussels?

Maybe God's a racist, too!
  • KingKye wolfling 2008/11/10 17:51:36
    KingKye
    +1
    Maybe your a Racist Buddy . You need to open your eyes and see that Black's are Racist's The hate Us for being white. There is more Black on white Killings ever year in the U.s Then there is White on Black Killings. go google U.S crime stats and you will see who is the Racists
  • chris c... wolfling 2009/04/27 15:37:15
    chris cross19
    maybe your racist. I dont believe that God is gonna punish white people bc its not gonna happen. he hit those places so maybe people would realize that he is real
  • KingKye sonny 2008/11/10 17:48:06
    KingKye
    The Ku Klux Klan Lynched More White people Than they ever Did Black
  • Dot sonny 2012/04/12 18:58:20
    Dot
    So I'm going to hell because people who happen to be the same race as me became terrible people? I thought God said "Judge not, lest thee be judged." I have not judged you. Most white people have not judged you. Don't judge and hate an entire group of people based on a few peoples actions.

I hope your prepared to speak for your actions and hate on your judgement day.
  • Aj 2008/10/17 07:39:20
    black people
    Aj
    +1
    yea black people tend to get pissed off more

2014/09/03 00:54:50