Who would you prefer as the Republican Vice Presidential candidate?

JohnWayne 2012/07/21 01:00:45
Condoleezza Rice
Jon Huntsman
Rick Santorum
Allen West
Michele Bachmann
Marco Rubio
Bobby Jindal
Rob Portman
Ron Paul
Tim Pawlenty
Paul Ryan
Sarah Palin
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Colin Powell
Romney is in process of selecting a running mate. There are several ways Vice Presidential candidates have been selected in the past.
1. Assassination insurance. Select someone no one wants to see become president so no one will shoot the president to make it happen. How else to explain choices like Spiro Agnew, Al Gore or Dick Cheney? Almost clones of the Presidential candidate. Jon Huntsman would fulfill this role for Romney.
2. Balance the ticket ethnically. As a Mormon, with the history of racism and sexism in the church, there might be good reason to try to counter resulting resentment or fear. Marco Rubio to appeal to Hispanics or Allen West for African-Americans are suggested.
3. Balance the ticket ideologically. With many conservatives saying Romney is too moderate for them, there would be big advantages in balancing the ticket with someone like Rick Santorum.
4. Strong candidate. Someone who can carry the party's message to the public, especially a good debater. Condoleezza Rice is suggested for this role.
5. Party stalwart. Someone the party leaders know well and are comfortable with. Rob Portman is mentioned frequently as a favorite.

Read More: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/19/3713727/romne...

• NoBama Man 2012/07/22 23:47:28
    Condoleezza Rice
    NoBama Man
    She is untouchable...Stanford grad, former Sec. of State, a minority woman with international experience...let them try to call her stupid, uneducated, or inexperienced...She hits all the buttons, and she will make them show the hypocrites that they really are.
    We would need Air Force One just to carry Newt's baggage,
    Christy will be touted as an inflated bufoon,
    I like Rubio...but with the B/C issues swirling around Mitt already, I don't know if picking someone as VP who will be called out for his parents being immigrants and his not being a 'natural born citizen' is a such good idea..
    I prefer Condy Rice...let them TRY to attack her on race, gender, intelligence or patriotism...they will have a problem with being called HYPOCRITES at every turn...and we get an excellent VP choice...
    It is for that reason that I think the Dems really fear her as a pick,,,, so much so that I believe that Biden is about to be dumped and replaced by Billary...to again corner the female vote that he is currently losing.., and establish the first 'black' president and first 'female' VP...Condy preemptively trumps that move.., if they do it before the convention...it's a win win

• konalimu whocares 2012/07/22 02:55:51 (edited)
    Does Rush decides where the $780 billion stimulus fund goes to what international companies?

Does Rush not have shovel ready jobs as he promised and as the primes to past the biggest stimulus bill in 30 years?

Does Rush jets around on tax payers dimes every single day?

Is Rush responsible for not a single budget for the past 3 years?

Is Rush at fault for not a single job council meeting for the past 8 months?

Does Rush sits in a chair and pick out who is the next on the kill list to be killed?

Was Rush the one been dividing rich from poor, employers from employees, blacks from whites, Latino and Asians, union and nonunion, business and consumers...

When was Rush elected to the presidency?
  • whocares konalimu 2012/07/22 02:58:42 (edited)
    Rush is the Republican Tea Party mouth piece and directs their agenda. he has more control over the GOP than their own candidate!
  • sash whocares 2012/07/22 04:25:23
    It's disturbing to think you actually believe that.
  • konalimu sash 2012/07/22 14:27:02 (edited)
    Very disturbing!

Its the hypocrisy of the left. They believed its OK for them to have all the far left media representation of their voices, but they can't tolerate alternative views.
  • Hawkeye sash 2012/07/22 20:55:51
    He HAS to believe that.. That's what his MASTERS tell him to believe..
  • Debowman whocares 2012/07/22 08:05:17
    lol you think that?? as a Republlican I hate to tell you this but I can't stand Rush, won't listen to the crap coming out of his mouth. You liberals are really out there with your Assumptions, now wonder the liberal mentality fails so often, you guys have no clue what your talking about. well unless you are playing spell police
  • Hawkeye konalimu 2012/07/22 21:11:57
    The problem with whocares is that..

Rush has come out on MANY occasions and TOLD his audience that he chose NOT to persue Academic Accolades in the HEAVILLY Left Wing Influenced institutions of higher learning that THIS country has to offer..

He's made NO secrets out of this.. Has NOT hidden any records.. Has not made any FALSE claims along those lines NOR has he profited from nor gained any measure of his success based on such false claims..

He will speak plainly and TRUTHFULLY on the subject whenever and wherever the subject comes up..

The Clown seems to suggest that because of this Rush ( and by the SAME standards,, the REST of America ) has NO right to ask for a background check on the current President that should have been done BEFORE the elections of 2008..

I think that we can ALL agree that had 1/10 of the reporters assigned to dig into Palin's Life been assigned to vetting Obama AS THEY SHOULD HAVE we'd NOT be having this discussion today.. NOR would we be in as bad a shape today under a President McCain as we are under a President Obama..

But the second thing about whocares post is contained within his OWN user name.. WHO CARES.. Rush isn't running for anything..

What whocares seems to think is some kind of profound revelation is in fact,, absolutely as irrelevant as a point can be.. ALMOST as irrelevant as whocares is..
  • konalimu Hawkeye 2012/07/22 21:23:08
    Well said! The fundamental view of the left is that they are the only ones have legitament points of view.
  • Ledford 2012/07/22 01:40:35
    Ron Paul
    If RP is unable to get the P, I will take the VP. I do believe this would actually be Romney's best option as well. He would pull in some intelligent voters.
  • mark 2012/07/22 01:35:14
    Condoleeza Rice would be the best choice. But she has said "no" and I don't think she will change her mind. In fact , she would probably upstage Romney.

Bachmann , West , Palin , Paul , Santorum , Jindal , Cain , Ryan , and Gingrich either have too much baggage or are too devisive to be good GENERAL ELECTION candidates.

Colin Powell likely doesn't have enough support within the Republican Party even though he would get alot of Independent support.

Marco Rubio or Jon Huntsman may stand the best chance of being accepted by Independent voters and it is Independent voters that will be the deciding factor in this election.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/07/22 01:05:54
    Michele Bachmann
    Michele is so beautiful! I could watch her make speeches on television as Vice President for the next eight years. Every now and then I might even turn up the sound!
  • Tom Tenness... 2012/07/22 14:06:57
    You can not possibly be talking about Michelle Bachman. She is the chief lunatic on the hill. The woman is toxic as hell, and would be political suicide as a VP nominee. Please tell me how, "Michele is so beautiful!"
  • Tenness... Tom 2012/07/22 17:53:10
    Do you have 20-20 vision or a new pair of glasses? She is physically beautiful! I would love to be stranded on an island with her in the South Pacific!
  • Tom Tenness... 2012/07/22 18:10:14
    Whatever floats your boat, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd love for you to be stranded with her to, but I know she prefers to be married to gay man!.... grin!
  • Tenness... Tom 2012/07/22 18:17:10 (edited)
    She would know very quickly that I am a het! Might teach her a few new tricks. LOL !
  • Tom Tenness... 2012/07/22 18:32:52
    I wish you could have your wish, Lord knows that husband of her's ain't doing it right!
  • Tenness... Tom 2012/07/22 18:39:49
    I would like to be her "Sir Lance-a-lot"! Pun intended!
  • Debowman Tom 2012/07/22 23:45:55
    you know? she told you? wow
  • Tom Debowman 2012/07/23 04:05:09
    So you can't tell that her husband is Gay?
  • USC Gamecock fan 2012/07/22 00:13:31
    Condoleezza Rice
    USC Gamecock fan
    I see this list of true Americans but my opinion is Condoleeza Rice would be an asset for The Conservatives. She has political savvy as well as clout and respect by our allies. Some may differ but just my opinion MarcoRubio as well is good
  • Maddog 2012/07/21 23:26:24 (edited)
    Whether you like Romney or not, you have to admit that he's pretty boring, a plain vanilla politician. If he picks anyone but Marco Rubio, he's toast.

marco rubio
  • Cal 2012/07/21 22:49:35
  • bleep Cal 2012/07/22 05:45:49
    especially not that hipocrit.
  • Cal bleep 2012/07/22 10:47:40
    ...and your argument is? Or was slander all you got?
  • bleep Cal 2012/07/22 22:57:13
    i'm displeased with his decision to stop marijuana and promote gambling. just a guy with a big mouth.
  • Cal bleep 2012/07/22 23:26:38 (edited)
    Welcome to politics, everyone has a big mouth. If you base your opinion off those topics you will never vote lol.
  • bleep Cal 2012/07/22 23:31:46
    i dont like his politics. and i am not a demacrap
  • JULIE 2012/07/21 21:10:07
  • sash JULIE 2012/07/22 04:27:37
    Pitbull for President!
    I Love him but Rubio will do in a pinch.
  • jdemme 2012/07/21 21:04:41
    Jon Huntsman
    Didn't even see Collin Powell. I should've voted for him. He's an old-school conservative. I like that.
  • USC Gam... jdemme 2012/07/22 00:06:50
    USC Gamecock fan
    Great thought but I don't believe he would take the position
  • voice_m... USC Gam... 2012/07/23 19:32:27
    so you would want a lib as romney's vp? not sure why you think having someone that supports obama's policies is a good pick for romney, but it does show how screwed up the united states has become
  • Debowman jdemme 2012/07/22 08:07:06
    he is a RINO please nothing old school about him
  • konalimu Debowman 2012/07/22 21:26:20
    Powell is all for the oblamer, no one else would do.
  • jere.chievres 2012/07/21 21:01:04
    Rob Portman
    Portman ,Jindal,West.
  • SJG 2012/07/21 20:38:24 (edited)
    Alfred E. Nueman. Mitt has a lot in common with him.
  • aherbert 2012/07/21 19:24:06
    It does not matter ... the GOP is a dying party.

gop dying party
  • bleep aherbert 2012/07/22 05:46:46
  • aherbert bleep 2012/07/22 16:42:14
    Acceptance is just one part of the grieving process.
  • Debowman aherbert 2012/07/22 08:09:47
    then why is the Democratic party losing voters, esp in the swing states, ?? /A report released today by the centrist think-tank Third Way showed that more than 825,000 voters in eight key battleground states have fled the Democratic Party since Obama won election in 2008.

“The numbers show that Democrats’ path to victory just got harder,” said Lanae Erickson, the report’s co-author. “We are seeing both an increase in independents and a decrease in Democrats and that means the coalition they have to assemble is going to rely even more on independents in 2012 than it did in 2008.” [...]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/...

2015/11/30 09:54:47