Who would win a war between N. Korea and S. Korea.

bye 2013/04/01 22:49:40
Yes North Korea Can Easily and Quickly Win
No Way we'd beat them even though they outnumber us.
I have read a few things and think about it. The North has it's own factories. It has built up forces nearly 10 times the size of the South and USA combined. They have massive underground bunkers. They might have hundreds of nukes they have the largest guns and mortars in the world. Their entire country is geared for war and they can take on the USA and S. Korea in many places all at the same time. We don't know their real capabilities and if they do a Blitzkrieg sort of attack they could wipe out USA bases in Guam and Japan and S.Korea all at once hundreds of thousands of troops could be killed and the S totally over run. It's entire modern state would collapse since it's geared toward a global economy where the north has been decades of nothing but military hardware. Check out the page below for more details that will chill you to the bone. If that is true the flyover of billion dollar bombers are laughable. They laughed at Germany in 39 and it has not had as many years to gear for war as N. Korea has. In fact if you think about it now is the time for N. Korea to strike! The USA is under budget cuts, the military getting smaller, stuck in Afghanistan our carrier groups there and our military is small. It's only about 20 miles from the DMZ to Seoul the capital of S.Korea and they could strike the USA in many places. It could be a Pearl Harbor 100 times worse and S. Korea could fall in a few days if not months.

Read More: http://rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm

• Jerry 2013/04/05 04:09:37
    Jerry
    ........... " ....... Hi Barbi, after reading all that information You provided me with, I have a different view from the rest here, if all the statistics are as You showed me, ...... North Korea is definitely a country that needs to be dealt with..... Our World, should never allow North Korea to have nuclear capability, ....... it is obvious that the intent is to destroy, and not to use nuclear energy domestically to improve the economy there...... the leader of North Korea is nothing more than an ego, misguided lunatic......... " ........ if We had a President that had strong convictions dealing with malcontent tyrannical ruling governments like this one....... We would nip this in the bud....... former President Reagan, earlier in His first term as President......would make it clear, North Korea...... NO Nuclear Capability...... domestic and certainly not militant........ " ........ Obama, doesn't have a clue, how to be a progressive thinking....... President........
  • bye Jerry 2013/05/16 16:27:00
    bye
    You are right Jerry oh and by the way we let them get the nukes and well Iran will also because we told them no bad Iranians....
  • Jerry bye 2013/05/17 05:16:02
    Jerry
    .................. " ........... How are You Barbi, I miss not being regularly in conversaton with You, a while back I heard from Sam, but lately Sam hasn't e-mailed me, now that I know You're on Soda Head, I hope You will stay in touch......how is the love and romance going there............... in Hot in Altoona, rather than Hot in Cleveland........... ;-) ....... " ............? ............
  • Mikewlf337 2013/04/02 21:37:22
    Mikewlf337
    I will always side with my home and people. Even if they do outnumber us we have the better weaponry. The missle defenses of the the United States military is very impressive. Tactics will also play a vital role. Even though the US Military has had budget cuts. We still are better equiped. North Korea is very poor. It would not be an easy fight but in the end I think North Korea would be defeated.
  • The Andoxico 2013/04/02 16:43:26
    The Andoxico
    +1
    We would win.
  • bye The And... 2013/04/02 19:45:25
    bye
    Well if they have been preparing for over 60 years their entire economy going to that and with underground bunkers and airstrips the USA tends to get complacent how can you be so sure?
  • The And... bye 2013/04/03 00:10:19
    The Andoxico
    Our Navy is bigger than the next top 17 navies combined. And that's just the navy.
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2013/04/02 16:41:26
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +1
    Not only would they have to fight off us, S. Korea, they'd more than likely have to fight off the UK, France, and most of Europe. That's too much, even for a massive force like theirs. Their supplies would be exhausted quickly. Pacing is probably far better in a war than depending on a quick solution. Think of it like a boxing match between Mike Tyson(N. Korea) and Muhammad Ali(U.S, S. Korea, etc.). In a short fight, they'd prevail, but the longer it lasts, they'd tire quickly. The longest I think Tyson went was 8 rounds(can't remember), while Muhammad Ali went 15 rounds, again can't remember how many times.
  • bye Junior ... 2013/04/02 19:46:22
    bye
    +1
    Oh how would we get there? I mean if they quickly overrun SK how would we get there? And if China backed up NK how would we do anything?
  • Junior ... bye 2013/04/08 18:27:59
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    I'm not a great tactician, so I wouldn't know the answer to that one right off, but if it had spread that far, they'd probably be greatly outnumbered.
  • A Founding Father 2013/04/02 07:02:08
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Don't try to explain the circumstance of S-N Korea in terms of United States capabilities.
    Certainly the North could destroy the South in an afternoon of missiles. They have capability to deliver their nuclear warheads within a range of a thousand miles, covering
    most of Asia. I can't imagine for even a moment what sort of madness would cause them to do such a thing. They would find themselves before nightfall to be again living in the stone age and needing to bury five or six million bodies before the flies and maggots overwhelmed them. In the best of times more than half the population is just one meal away from starvation. They have less medical care and facilities than any other nation in Asia, a primitive electrical grid, wholly vulnerable highway and rail systems, and are vulnerable in numerous ways.

The North Korean military command fears it's own population more than they fear the U.S. or other enemies. Unless they brutally maintain internal ignorance of the "outer world" and isolation from it's incursions, the population would toss them under the bus in a flash, opting for televisions, cars, and some Walmarts in place of all those missiles and tanks. They are, rather surely, fearful madmen living a dream of being what they aren't, a threat to the world. Of ...

The North Korean military command fears it's own population more than they fear the U.S. or other enemies. Unless they brutally maintain internal ignorance of the "outer world" and isolation from it's incursions, the population would toss them under the bus in a flash, opting for televisions, cars, and some Walmarts in place of all those missiles and tanks. They are, rather surely, fearful madmen living a dream of being what they aren't, a threat to the world. Of course, that makes them all the more dangerous and unpredictable.

Let's hope their bragadocio and threats are just that and not evidence of true stupidity that would permit them to actually commence a war with the U.S. Our military likely knows of every little tunnel, gun emplacement, bomb storage cave, and all their other "secrets" that are so easily located with satellite technology. But, to destroy all of that quickly would be a holocaust of epic proportions not seen since Hiroshima.
  • bye A Found... 2013/04/02 19:49:27
    bye
    No one thought Hitler would go to war either and never attack France! If it's true that NK has used 60 years of power to get to this point they might be at a point to go for it and if they do we could all get our asses handed to us. A few fly over bombers would simply look as a joke to them. One massive all out attack would catch everyone off guard! I mean what is our policy if we get attacked big time? I mean are we are the highest alert? Do we have plans for an all out attack? We should have our planes moved back further to scramble them effectively our they'd hit us before we are off the ground.
  • A Found... bye 2013/04/02 21:32:08
    A Founding Father
    Maybe if you telephone the Pentagon and tell them of your history of military successes, they will connect you to the proper Generals who have control of our defense and offense apparatus. Good luck.
  • Mel 2013/04/02 05:22:55
    Mel
    +1
    It doesn't matter if you have a million man Army or not, it all falls back on how highly trained a military is, I've seen other countries military have exercises with the US and they scored very poor, especially on the range because their small arm and crew served weapon shooting skills were very inadequate. Why do you think the Taliban and other groups use IEDs?

We also have superior technology that they don't have and we also have another capability called spy satellites, if they mobilized huge amounts of troops and equipment, they would have to move out in the open and they would be picked up on the satellites.

If they did try something, the USA would launch an air campaign from hell.
  • bye Mel 2013/04/02 19:51:28
    bye
    Taliban? LOL we are talking a major fanatical army. Oh and may I point out we have not been able to knock out the taliban in the mountains. The NK has bunkers is in mountains makes their own weapons and their entire country has had 60 years to work toward this point you really thinking they are no more then the taliban??? Oh if the Taliban had millions under arms we would not have taken them out so easy. Look at N. Vietnam and their tunnels and all this is North Korea who do you think taught them the tunnel trick?
  • Stan Kapusta 2013/04/02 01:13:53 (edited)
  • bye Stan Ka... 2013/04/02 19:53:45
    bye
    I don't think you get it. Its not the USA that starts this wars. The NKoreans have been building for 60 years. It is their montra and we have to be smart and be prepared for the worst I think just like in Pearl Harbor we have gone complacent and we have so many layers and phone calls that must be made that they would be 1/2 way to the capital of S Korea before our goverment made the call um too late. You seem to forget we don't rush to war we get pulled in after big bad things happen.
  • Stan Ka... bye 2013/04/02 20:41:30
    Stan Kapusta
    What in the hell are we doing there in the first place? I don't think you get it.
  • bye Stan Ka... 2013/04/02 20:43:16
    bye
    Oh we are there to keep the peace with the north. The whole anti Communist thing and lets be real if SK fell it would be a big blow to the US Economy and world economy that is a big reason we have treaties with them. What do you think I don't get?
  • Stan Ka... bye 2013/04/02 20:56:40
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    We are not the world police! If they want to fight it's their business. Our country is falling apart and I really don't care what happens to people who don't like us anyway. Now do you understand?
  • bye Stan Ka... 2013/04/02 20:59:33
    bye
    So since when did the S Koreans not like us? They need us there and they fought hard with us to push the North out so they are a good people if we were gone and pulled out it would be a world catastrophe if they fell to the north. The humanitarian disaster would be the most horrible ever.
  • Stan Ka... bye 2013/04/02 21:18:55
    Stan Kapusta
    We are the imperialistic Americans. Ask someone from Korea. Not a press release. Now I answered the real question with an answer. We are not the world police. We don't belong there!
  • bye Stan Ka... 2013/04/02 21:27:52
    bye
    Oh blow me a bubble with bazooka bubble gum! First of all America came after the Imperalistic age. If you say crap like this you are anti American it's clear so don't live here or buy our goods. I'd be surprised if you were not Islamic. I've talked to a number of Koreans they love us their country is there because of us and without us they'd be thrown back into the dark ages. My opinion which has way more facts then yours sadly.
  • Stan Ka... bye 2013/04/02 23:52:34
    Stan Kapusta
    You have a good imagination. No intelligence but a good imagination. I'm American but not a sheeple. Have a good one.
  • Rebel [SHP] 2013/04/02 00:25:20
  • bye Rebel [... 2013/04/02 19:56:33
    bye
    Yeah but we still have not neutralized the taliban so you also forget that we need to have the president the joint chiefs everyone discuss things. Like in Libya we are so politicial the N would be way into S. Korea before we could react. If you blow the power grid in the technological S civilization would grind to a halt panic would be in the streets. In the north not so much they don't have the High Tech public they live off the land. Like North Vietnam we had the tech but they won the war.
  • Rebel [... bye 2013/04/03 01:53:25
    Rebel [SHP]
    The Taliban is an entirely different type of force. You are talking about un-uniformed guerilla fighters vs what Korea has...an organized and uniformed military. If we enter into a war with them then no war in the past 20 years will be able to relate to it. In fact I would say only WW2, The Korean War, and Viet Nam will be the only comparisons.
  • john richardson 2013/04/01 23:46:39
    john richardson
    +2
    Only because of the DumocRATS.rules of engagement. If we turn our military loose you'd see desert storm repeated. In the Korean war we were outnumbered and actually fought the Chinese military and their airforce was top of the line migs with Russian and Chinese pilots, we didn't commit to winning then and it won't happen now if democrats have anything to do with it, when we engaged the enemy we stacked their dead bodies like firewood but we settled for a cease fire. The most effective weapon the N Koreans have are democrats.
  • bye john ri... 2013/04/01 23:52:32
    bye
    Yes but the N Koreans are very very prepared this time they could pull a blitzkrieg sort of attack and take control of SK before we could really do anything especially if they attacked our forces mean short of a nuke they'd probablly control all of Korea in a few months and we could do nothing but watch. I mean take out the power grid it panics Sk the north they are used to doing with out think about it and check out this link it's scary .
    http://rense.com/general37/nk...
  • john ri... bye 2013/04/02 00:05:45
    john richardson
    +1
    Saddam had the 4th largest military in the world, and now N Korea has the 4th largest. Our military can defeat them but the president is a coward. They can't handle our firepower, and their military couldn't handle shock and awe. They attacked SK befor with bad results but now they think Obozo is a weak leader and because of that it is their best time to attack.
  • bye john ri... 2013/04/02 00:07:46
    bye
    +1
    I"m not so sure we can beat them did you really do some research ? Besides these guys are not sitting in the desert they are in hardened bunkers check this out.
    http://rense.com/general37/nk...
  • A Found... john ri... 2013/04/02 07:07:40 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    When is the last time you stood face to face with a black boy from Chicago and called him a "coward"? Tell us all about your courageous encounter and if that was a mistake you would rather not describe.
  • john ri... A Found... 2013/04/02 07:59:11 (edited)
    john richardson
    Well how about this, I was a amature boxer and our club would go have exhibition matches at mo state Penn. No guns or knifes but hard punching, you don't know me and you don't what I did in my life so don't assume I'm a coward and never fought a black man, maybe not from Chicago anyway,I grew up fighting because of my skin and in my younger years I only lost a couple after I grew up. How abou you?
  • A Found... john ri... 2013/04/02 21:35:55 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Never lost a fight, never had many. I've found that people who go around making big bragadocio usually find a fight sooner or later, sometimes with disasterous results. If you are looking for another encounter, just put it out there and see what happens. In the meantime, the question posted here was about N v S Korea, not you, me, or Barack Obama.
  • john ri... A Found... 2013/04/02 22:25:16
  • A Found... john ri... 2013/04/03 00:00:24
    A Founding Father
    You really aren't 59 years old are you? I'm guessing 14-17 years and already a HS dropout? Close?
  • john ri... A Found... 2013/04/03 00:24:09
    john richardson
    Lame comeback loser, you're still a hypocrite.
  • A Capp 2013/04/01 23:34:27
  • bye A Capp 2013/04/01 23:39:39
    bye
    +2
    I am not doubting the USA Capabilities but the North seems to have figured out how to take our a carrier group. They also have the whole suprise thing on us. And if we are not on a war footing well prepared for an attack (not sure we are) then we are screwed. and sorry they have neary 10 times the forces we do with SK combined. They are used to living in the dark know out the power grid in SK and watch the population panic! They have artillary in mountains and huge tunnels and bunkers and they have most of their stuff in place they can attack us and the south before we could even see it. They have been working on this since the 60's so have we prepared for real war? Ever heard of the Maginot Line the unbreakable line into France that could not be breached? Well it was, if the north made an all out attack we would not have the time to respond. Who are we going to ask for help China? Oh and the North builds their own weapons in a conventional war if what is in the below link is true do you think we'd actually win?
    http://rense.com/general37/nk...
  • Mountai... bye 2013/04/01 23:55:34 (edited)
    Mountaineer
    If the US stands with South Korea militarily, North Korea doesn't stand any chance. However, taking into account who America currently has as its president, the events might take on a completely different course. For example, Obama might just withdraw the American forces from South Korea if the war becomes imminent. Then the outcome of the conflict becomes questionable.
    Frankly, if I was the leader of North Korea, I would think that the best time to invade and conquer South Korea is now, while Obama is President.

2014/09/02 14:27:35