Who Will Win the First Presidential Debate?

Chris D 2012/09/24 20:00:00
The first Presidential debate of the season is a mere nine days away. Who has the advantage: Gov. Romney or the President?

POLITICALTICKER.BLOGS.CNN.COM reports:
With nine days until the first presidential debate and candidates vying for the prized bloc of undecided voters, surrogates are playing a game of lowering expectations over which candidate holds the advantage going into the face offs.
undecided voters surrogates playing game lowering expectations candidate holds advantage

Read More: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/24/pr...

• No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/09/24 20:39:19
    Romney
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +26
    I watched the 60' program last night with 0bama and Romney... and heard 0bama
    tell lie after lie...... and the same old lies he has been telling over and over on
    the campaign trail................ If Romney can't defeat those lies, which I would bet the
    farm that 0bama will tell again at the debates...........well, there is no hope for
    our country...............

• chucky 2012/12/19 06:30:43
    Romney
    chucky
    Romney because Barry thinks that he has already won his 2nd term.
  • Reaper 2012/10/09 06:21:26
  • Deana Rapert-Reimann 2012/10/08 15:27:40
    Romney
    Deana Rapert-Reimann
    He handed Obama his ASS!!
  • cc 2012/10/02 21:02:34
    Romney
    cc
    ...although Obama has it in the bag if he has a clear shot of his Teleprompter!
  • LeroyRogers 2012/10/01 17:48:06
    Romney
    LeroyRogers
    +1
    Telepromters aren't allowed in debates.
  • Proggy 2012/10/01 16:30:05
    Obama
    Proggy
    +3
    If I had a nickel for every lie Romney has told, and every air-headed gaffe he's made, I'd have enough money to not pay taxes on, hide in offshore tax havens, and Swiss bank accounts. If he really had a valid plan other than trickle down economics, deregulation, and austerity which all are already proven failures. He has nothing new, innovative, or ideal to offer.
  • Bella Proggy 2012/10/07 00:13:02
    Bella
    +1
    "If I had a nickel for every lie Obama and Biden have told, and every air-headed gaffe they have made, I'd have enough money to not pay taxes on. If he really had a valid plan other than trickle down economics, deregulation, and austerity which all are already proven failures. They have nothing new, innovative, or ideal to offer."
  • Proggy Bella 2012/10/12 16:58:26
    Proggy
    LOL!!! You've learned well from the repugnican Pee Wee Herman projection "I know you are but what am I?" debate style. You just failed to realize how retarded it is, and how stupid it makes you look.
  • Bella Proggy 2012/10/13 02:07:15
    Bella
    No, you just don't realize that everything you said is what is coming out of your president and his administration. You are too stupid to know it. Face it, he's a loser and doesn't have any plans ideas on how to fix the problems. He just keeps making them worse. The only thing Obama, Biden and his administration, and the liberal media is good at - is lying and blaming.
  • Proggy Bella 2012/10/18 18:19:37
    Proggy
    LOL!!! Here's a few people who AREN'T better off than they were 4 years ago! Just one of many messes this administration have cleaned up after the usual incompetence and failure of republicans administrations.

terrorist
  • 22RIDE 2012/09/30 22:31:29
  • enjoyli... 22RIDE 2012/10/08 05:04:14
    enjoylife951
    Dont even say that the united states has been screwed long enough and we dont need anymore hardships for people
  • Robert - Palm Desert 2012/09/30 21:46:47
    Romney
    Robert - Palm Desert
    Obama's BS and Elmer Gantry act plays bette on the campaign stump than they do in a debate forum.
  • tmlin25 2012/09/30 14:14:42
    Obama
    tmlin25
    Obama will win, he have many experience
  • Scotty 2012/09/30 13:50:32
    Obama
    Scotty
    Obama manages to avoid making 10k bets without a teleprompter.
  • Dave 007 2012/09/30 11:35:23
    Romney
    Dave 007
    +1
    Don't prepare obama ahead of time and see how he does.
  • Scotty Dave 007 2012/09/30 14:12:43
    Scotty
    Because Romney isn't preparing right?
  • redsox1300 2012/09/30 07:01:51
    Romney
    redsox1300
    +1
    Romney for the win.
  • Tre 2012/09/30 02:32:51
    Obama
    Tre
    Obama will win everything.
  • Bella Tre 2012/10/01 15:42:58
    Bella
    +1
    Only because of the liberal media. Otherwise he would lose in a landslide.
  • Dannyo 2012/09/29 14:14:31
    Romney
    Dannyo
    +4
    Get Obama away from the teleprompter and watch him nosedive.
  • Tre Dannyo 2012/09/30 02:33:35
    Tre
    Everybody uses a Teleprompter.
  • Bella Tre 2012/10/01 21:08:10
    Bella
    Actually no they don't. Obama needs one everyone time he speaks.
  • Tre Bella 2012/10/04 11:50:01
    Tre
    And you know this for sure? Who told you? Could it be that he just wants one or does he need one? Would you need one?
  • SheShe Tre 2012/10/04 21:05:52
    SheShe
    +1
    Generally if you are rather well versed and know the facts , you should be able to answer a question instead of "reading" a speech .You can't use a telepromter while taking a test to fill you in on the facts or answer questions .
  • Tre SheShe 2012/10/12 13:00:05 (edited)
    Tre
    They all use teleprompters. The reason why is because they can't afford to let something come out the wrong way because people like you will run with it and blow it all out of proportion. I think it's safe to say Obama was just off his game a little and wasn't prepared for the Romney that showed up that night. It's that simple. No teleprompter was needed for either candidate. But on the campaign trails, they are used by everyone for the reason I mentioned earlier. And speaking of facts, neither one of them used facts during that debate. They both lied the whole time.
  • Bella Tre 2012/10/05 13:01:22 (edited)
    Bella
    You can tell the difference when he has one or doesn't. When I took public speaking in school I spoke either from notes or spoke off the top of my head. The times I've had to give a presentation I've prepared a few days or weeks ahead and then just talked from my notes. I've never used a teleprompter before. I'm not faulting him for using one, its just that it appears he always needs one. Which isn't always a good thing. You want people to speak from the heart.

But the bottom line is Tre, why are there always excuses coming out of Obama's camp? Why can't it just be that he didn't do well because of his record and Romney has better ideas. We are just so tired of the excuses. Kind of like Obama's presidency. Not once has the problems under his watch been his fault. Its been Bush's, or a tsumai, ATM machines, the altitude, anti-muslim video, Bush's, the Republicans, Bush's, etc, etc.

Being president of the United States is not about being a good guy to play hoops with, or to have a cold beer with — it’s about being able to take a position of leadership when trouble comes.

Losers seek blame rather then solutions.
  • Tre Bella 2012/10/12 13:16:03
    Tre
    The presentations you gave I'm sure don't compare to the pressure of a debate for POTUS. As far as the teleprompter, they need it because they can't afford to say something wrong or have something come out the wrong way that the media or the people will blow out of proportion. It's happened to all of us. Sometimes things can come out wrong. Just like Romney and the 47% video. As far as excuses, he blames Bush because no one from the right wants to accept that they are the ones who caused the collapse. If they would own up to it, he wouldn't have to defend it or make excuses. People actually believe that the mess we are in his solely his responsibility. So thats puts him on the defense. Once again, if u were in his shoes and were getting blamed for all this, u would be blaming the other party too. And let's be honest, if Romney wins which I doubt will happen but if he does don't think for a minute that he won't spend his first 4 yrs blaming Obama for the mess we are in just like Obama has blamed Bush. Unfortunately that's what politics is today. I don't like it and i bet a lot Americans don't like it but that's the way it is. But you say you are tired of the excuses and the left can say they are tired of the lies that are coming from Romney and the lies that came from him on the 1st debate. It's politics 101.
  • Bella Tre 2012/10/05 13:02:59
    Bella
    And to your questions, you can tell when he has a teleprompter. You can see them in the pictures or in the news when they are showing him talking.
  • Tre Bella 2012/10/12 13:16:48
    Tre
    They all use them. Don't just single Obama out is all I'm saying.
  • SheShe Tre 2012/10/04 21:01:27
    SheShe
    Can't during the debate ...
  • clasact 2012/09/29 13:01:23
    Obama
    clasact
    Romney is already saying he will not win
  • tmlin25 clasact 2012/09/30 14:18:04
    tmlin25
    +1
    Because of he will lost
  • Bella clasact 2012/10/01 15:50:17
    Bella
    Well when you have the liberal media lying for him and distorting the facts to the public, what does one expect. Romney has Obama beat in experience in government and business. Even with four years of experience for Obama as president, Obama has proved he's learned nothing. He didn't know what to do the past four years and certainly isn't going to change anything in the next four; except to make things worse.
  • clasact Bella 2012/10/02 12:27:26
    clasact
    +1
    You have got to be jokeing .4 years ago I could get much work at all now I totally over worked and seeing help wanted signs all over.Road ,bridges,and some schools got fixed.Trade relations got fixed.I could go on and on.Romney what did he do ,insult the Brits,sell out jobs,plan to go to another uneeded war,and insult half the American people
  • Bella clasact 2012/10/03 13:52:10 (edited)
    Bella
    +1
    Wow! Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

Glad jobs are plentiful for you. Why don't you tell the 23 million people that are unemployed right now where the jobs are. They seem to be having a little trouble finding one.

The problem with libs. You listen too much to the liberal media instead of actually do some fact finding on various sources and I'm not talking about liberal media and liberal sources. Telling us things are great doesn't make it true. Numbers don't lie.

You must live under a rock, so here are a few facts. Unemployment has been between 8 and 9 percent since Obama took over and the number of people who have given up looking and have dropped off the radar is a lot higher. That percent is more like 14 to 16%. Obama's failed stimulus didn't create any jobs, only wasted money. Remember Cash for Clunkers and the several green energy companies Obama gave money to that went bankrupt? Five trillion more in debt since he took over. Trade relations are great if you live in China.

All that money the government is printing has sent the stock market soaring and it has enabled the big Wall Street banks to make an obscene amount of money. The truth is that the Federal Reserve, the Obama administration and the big Wall Street banks don’t really care about you. They don’t really ca...

Wow! Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

All that money the government is printing has sent the stock market soaring and it has enabled the big Wall Street banks to make an obscene amount of money. The truth is that the Federal Reserve, the Obama administration and the big Wall Street banks don’t really care about you. They don’t really care that the middle class is rapidly shrinking and that the number of Americans on food stamps has risen by more than 14 million since Barack Obama became president. What they care about is what is good for them.

I'm not going to touch your comment about Romney because those are all lies. The liberal media (including the liberal media in London) will say anything to distract Obama's record and of course make his opponent look bad.
  • clasact Bella 2012/10/05 00:19:30
    clasact
    Now here are some real facts.I dont listen to the media or live under a rock.I deliver freight to companies all over the US and almost every one has a sign or banner out saying Now Hireing.Some of my regular customers are working 6 or 7 days a week and ask me do I know anyone looking for job.I myself am so damm busy makeing deliveries to places demanding the material they need,this is the first time I have been home in days.This isnt hearing it on TV or reading about some BS in the paper this is actually going to the companies and seeing it.So you can take what you read and hear and forget it.Those people want a job tell them to write to me I will glady point them in the right direction...Oh but make sure they want to work instead of sitting by the mail box waitting on a check
  • Bella clasact 2012/10/07 01:42:01 (edited)
    Bella
    Clasact, I'm glad things are working out for you and that you're busy, but the economic indicators aren't supporting what you're saying. I know some places are hiring, but not enough to fill the 23 million people unemployed right now.

I have a brother, sister-in-law, and several friends who have been unemployed (including myself) since Obama took over. They/we have applied for jobs (we're talking over 3 years now) and haven't been offered any. My brother and sister-in-law are artists and in their 50's. Both of them have been applying for jobs outside their experience and never hear back from the companies. That is the same story I hear all the time from others, whether it is someone I know, or read on the internet or in the newspaper. The stories are all the same.

My brother has even applied for a job as a stocker at his local grocery store, but never heard back. When you go into a company or call them, they tell you to apply online and then again, you never hear back from them. They both applied at Lowe's and Home Depot, but the people working there right now have Ph.D's and Masters. Both of them are hard workers, so they would take anything. His wife has some medical issues, nothing that keeps her from working, but he couldn't leave her to be a truck driver if it required hi...

My brother has even applied for a job as a stocker at his local grocery store, but never heard back. When you go into a company or call them, they tell you to apply online and then again, you never hear back from them. They both applied at Lowe's and Home Depot, but the people working there right now have Ph.D's and Masters. Both of them are hard workers, so they would take anything. His wife has some medical issues, nothing that keeps her from working, but he couldn't leave her to be a truck driver if it required him be on the road for days at a time. It was a good thing they were great savers, because that's what they have been living off of, but it will only last so long. They have other artist friends in the same boat.

I'm not making excuses for people, but people have circumstances where they can't be on the road as a truck driver. I too have been unemployed for 3 years and I have worked since I was 14 and have always worked before 3 years ago. I have 2 degrees and had worked for 30 years before I was laid off, but when I applied for jobs I was qualifed for, I never heard back from the companies. I've even applied for delivery jobs, but nothing. Before Obama got in I never had trouble getting a job. I usually had a couple to choose from at a time. I finally just gave up. There is too much competition. I hated spending my entire day and night applying for jobs, redoing my resume to fit the job description every time only to not hear back from the company. I have decided to just do volunteer work for now. I know with Romney there will be jobs again. He has the experience to know what to do.

I have lived in my neighborhood for 23 years and for the first time (in my life) I am seeing several forclosed houses and that's just my neighborhood. There's a lot of stuff people are seeing for the first time under Obama's presidency, and they are not good things.

Clasact, our country has been around a long time. We have weathered a lot of stuff and came through it everytime. Why hasn't Obama fixed the problems? When you don't understand economics you won't know what to do. He isn't doing anything to make things better. Some people have to admit that there are some people who are just not qualified for their job and Obama is one of them.
  • Bella clasact 2012/10/07 01:42:26 (edited)
    Bella
    Sorry my post below is so long...........maybe you should post the jobs you know on this site for others to pass on to those unemployed.
  • Chris 2012/09/29 03:53:10
    Romney
    Chris
    But Romney better watch out. Obama is a real master debater.

2014/11/25 20:57:15