Who will help the unemployed survive, Obama or Romney?

Chris 2012/09/23 21:08:40
Obama
Romney
During the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression who do you feel is responsible enough to ensure Americans don't go hungry and lose their homes?

• Tee Quake 2012/09/23 21:26:40
    Romney
    Tee Quake
    +7
    You really should have a third choice, because both will help the unemployed survive, it's their approaches that are so different. Romney will be more of a help those who help themselves philosophy, while Obama supports an equality in outcome regardless of the input, philosophy. Night and day.

• mimi 2012/09/24 12:45:51
    Romney
    mimi
    +2
    The businessman who knows MORE about creating jobs as opposed to Obama who knows NOTHING.
  • Chris mimi 2012/09/25 17:03:26
    Chris
    But he has no track record of creating jobs.
  • mimi Chris 2012/09/26 13:32:36
    mimi
    +1
    Have you not seen the list of companies he saved? Those companies also added employees. Besides, what part of "govt does not create jobs" do you not understand. If Romney changes taxes for the Small Business, removes the regulations that are currently scaring these businesses, then jobs will be created Galore!
  • Chris mimi 2012/09/26 17:32:37
    Chris
    But government does create jobs, as well as the private sector. But Government jobs are jobs owned by the people of these United States, as a private sector job is owned always by a boss who usually temporarily hires people to do the job and often this is open for employee abuse. So it's actually much better to have a government job.

But even if you're against government jobs then you should support Obama as private sector jobs grew under Obama as government jobs shrank.
    government job totals 2012
  • mimi Chris 2012/09/26 23:18:35
    mimi
    +1
    NOPE. Not buying that. You did not give the publisher of the chart. I do not believe it.
  • Lee mimi 2012/09/27 01:05:44
    Lee
    Saint Mitt Ain't Sh*t
  • mimi Lee 2012/09/27 13:03:45
    mimi
    +1
    Then just who do you suggest - that is on the ticket? Mitt would certainly be BETTER than Obama who knows how to do nothing but lie!
  • Lee mimi 2012/09/27 14:09:04
    Lee
    Mitt Bundy lies more than anyone.

Why is your fearful leader so TERRIFIED to reveal his tax records?
  • mimi Lee 2012/09/27 15:10:06
    mimi
    +1
    They were released. Is that all you can pick on? Shameful. And No, Mitt does not lie. Smart alecks like you make me sick.
  • Lee mimi 2012/09/28 00:26:06 (edited)
    Lee
    LIAR

He released his 2011 tax returns and a summary of the rest.

An edited summary is not the same.

Do you know what I mean . . . LIAR

Why do Right Wingers lie so much?

By the way, it's a pity the Republicans couldn't find an honorable candidate, isn't it?
  • mimi Lee 2012/09/28 12:32:07
    mimi
    +1
    All you can do is namecall when your "boy" paid millions to have most all his records sealed. Whose the LIAR? And, again, smart alecks like you make me sick.
  • Lee mimi 2012/09/28 13:29:45 (edited)
    Lee
    It's not name calling.

You are what you are Dear.

And Obama didn't have anything sealed . . . LIAR.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012...

Why do Right Wing Fools Lie so much anyway?

The trouble with you Right Wing Idiots is that you believe your own lies . . . and you lie a LOT.

. . . Know what I mean? . . . LIAR.
  • Marvelo... mimi 2012/09/29 15:18:26
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    Isn't it cute when dumbasses fixate on "Him won't release his tax record! Me no like him, he dishonest!"
    While they ignore how much of the messiah's records are sealed.
  • mimi Marvelo... 2012/09/30 20:25:07
    mimi
    +1
    Yes, while they also ignore how corrupt and dishonest this whole admin has been. When I see what they are doing I ignore them. Thanks.
  • mrdog 2012/09/24 07:44:12
    Romney
    mrdog
    +2
    Time for a business leader to be in the W.H..... 180 in a new direction...rocket science?
    Nope...bark
  • ProVega 2012/09/24 07:03:30
    Obama
    ProVega
    +1
    You should have picked RobMe if you were talking about the off shore unemployed.
  • Marvelo... ProVega 2012/09/29 15:23:00 (edited)
    Marvelous Wildfire
    You mean like the GM jobs in China that Obama used taxPAYERS' money to save? (Pssst! China isn't even one of "...all 57 States" that Obama thinks there are in the USA.)

One of Obama's campaign promises was to *BANKRUPT* the coal industry, a major source of employment and revenue.
    Obama also promised to skyrocket energy costs for those who actually have to pay for their energy out of their *OWN* pockets.
  • redhorse29 2012/09/24 04:22:10
    Romney
    redhorse29
    Both of them will. The funding for the unemployed will come from Congress. No president will veto a bill that feeds or assists those in need.
  • Trader1 is kerbonkin' 2012/09/24 04:16:28
    Romney
    Trader1 is kerbonkin'
    +2
    The key word is "responsible". obama can't admit to any wrong and shifts blame continuously. That's not responsible. Romney has actually held a job and created jobs. That's responsible.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/09/24 03:43:05
    Romney
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    Obama will cause more unemployment
  • Marvelous Wildfire 2012/09/24 02:45:52
    Romney
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    Obama is *WHY* people have lost their jobs, homes and security.
    Obama *PROMISED* to destroy the coal industry (a bigger employer og Americans than GM) as well as skyrocket energy cost.
  • ed 2012/09/24 01:40:32
    Romney
    ed
    +3
    obama has had plenty of time to do something about jobs in this country and has failed.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2012/09/24 01:19:32
    Romney
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +3
    Romney will get the economy rolling again and 0WEbama will do what 0WEbama does......FU@K everything up just like he has been.
  • johne37179 2012/09/24 00:42:27
    Romney
    johne37179
    +4
    This is the wrong question. The question should be: Who will put the unemployed to work. On that score there really can only be one answer -- Romney is the only one who has the knowledge, experience and skills to do that. President Obama has had three years of trying and has not as yet gained the knowledge, skills or experience required. There is no reason to believe he would do any better in the next four years. He complained coming in to office that he inherited a terrible problem. Whoever takes the oath of office next January will inherit a bigger one.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/09/24 00:20:31 (edited)
    Romney
    RicardoCabeza
    +2
    I do not care who says what about Mr. Romney of all things I believe Him to be charitable in nature, besides if there is no business because it is too expensive to do business We will not have to worry about all of the unemployed because we will only be able to worry about our own situation of unemployment.
  • Denny 2012/09/24 00:01:37 (edited)
    Romney
    Denny
    +3
    The only thing that is going to save these people is jobs. 5 million in 4 years doesn't even cover college graduation does not get it. Obummer go to Hawaii. Question if someone uses all their unemployment Benefits but are still looking for work, are they still in the unemployment list??? or is it because the government has stopped caring for them that they are.....How did Obummer put it, On their own????
  • Maria R 2012/09/23 23:56:45
    Romney
    Maria R
    +5
    And he will help them rise up and thrive. Obama will throw welfare money at them. Romney will create jobs.....hmmmmm....if I were unemployed and wanting to improve my life, I know whom I would vote for!
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/09/23 23:23:21
    Obama
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +4
    Obama will help them survive........

Romney will help them thrive.

One has more of a chance to attain the American dream if you have a job and a
    chance to improve your condition for you and your family.
  • Picasso's Cat 2012/09/23 23:18:38
    Obama
    Picasso's Cat
    Both Romney and Obama were PRO DE-REGULATION of Americas financial system that caused the current economic disaster, that cause massave layoffs, that caused the banks and wall street grifters for fleece the American people.
    You think either of these two men could give a god damn about the unemployed after what they were in favor of happening???????
    Get a grip on reality pal !

get a grip dumbasses
  • Roger 2012/09/23 23:10:01
    Romney
    Roger
    +3
    Jobs will help them survive. Not Government handouts. Romney will create jobs. Obama will not.
  • wtxwoman 2012/09/23 23:01:43
    Obama
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Well, since the unemployed is part of the 47% that Romney can't be bothered by, I don't see how he is going to help.
  • Marvelo... wtxwoman 2012/09/24 02:50:46
    Marvelous Wildfire
    Because he said that the 47% that pay no taxes, won't be interested in any of the tax cutting ideas he has.
    Why would they be?
  • wtxwoman Marvelo... 2012/09/24 13:26:38
    wtxwoman
    The unemployed won't be interested in tax cuts. They are interested in getting jobs. He made it sound like everyone unemployed was that way by choice. That's not true.
  • Marvelo... wtxwoman 2012/09/24 14:14:04
    Marvelous Wildfire
    Too large a portion of that 47% are willfully unemployed.

Do you honestly believe that the condition of those who "are interested in getting jobs" was improved, after Obama basically gave amnesty to millions of Illegals in order to "buy" votes?

And the people who produce those jobs *ARE* interested in the taxes that will be involved.
  • wtxwoman Marvelo... 2012/09/24 22:47:06
    wtxwoman
    GOPer presidents have given amnesty to millions of illegals, too. They all do it. They aren't a big enough voting block, if they even vote, to make a difference, anyway. I don't know if you have ever been on welfare, but it's not a living wage, at least, not in TX. No one I know would choose to live on welfare for life if they had a chance at a job that would support them. No one I know on welfare is will to take a job at minium wage if they can helf it because that's no improvement and would make them worse off most of the time. The system is wrong, not the people.
  • Marvelo... wtxwoman 2012/09/25 00:30:34
    Marvelous Wildfire
    You state: "GOPer presidents have given amnesty to millions of illegals, too. They all do it. They aren't a big enough voting block, if they even vote, to make a difference, anyway."

Not during such times of profound unemployment and economic crisis.

You state: "I don't know if you have ever been on welfare, but it's not a living wage, at least, not in TX."

I've been in far worse status than you could probably imagine, worse than any welfare recipient I've known.

You state: "No one I know would choose to live on welfare for life if they had a chance at a job that would support them."

I'm glad to know you've known that few welfare recipients; I've known many that were generations of welfare recipients that had plenty of opportunity, but chose to freeload.

You state: "No one I know on welfare is will to take a job at minium wage if they can helf it because that's no improvement and would make them worse off most of the time. The system is wrong, not the people."

The system is designed to trap the people in the system, because welfare recipients virtually always vote Democrat.
    That's also why the system rewards harmful behavior and punish trying to better themselves.
  • wtxwoman Marvelo... 2012/09/25 01:26:36
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Do you really believe that the majority of welfare recipients vote? I don't, again, not the ones I've known. After I thought about it, I do know of several people, noteable, one, who is the exwife of one of my sons-in-law, who raised all seven of her kids on welfare in IL and now draws SSI, since she never worked. I don't think she or any of her kids vote.
  • Marvelo... wtxwoman 2012/09/25 05:15:02
    Marvelous Wildfire
    Vote? Yes!
    Vote intelligently? Never.

Sadly, most of the people on welfare aren't there because of one or two catastrophic disaster in their lives; rather they are there because of a long series of making poor life choices.

It bothers me, when people claim they are so poor that they can hardly buy *FOOD* . . . but they smoke 2 packs of name brand cigarettes a day at $6.50 a pack. (After taxes that alone is $400 a month.)

Of the many on welfare that I've known, and I don't claim to have known them *ALL*; all I have known never lacked for beer, wine or hard liquor or pot if that was their choice of product.

Of the many I've known on long term welfare, they all lacked *DRIVE* for their life.

That's why I believe the old adage: "The best way to help the poor is to make them uncomfortable in their poverty."

I know from firsthand experience, that it *WORKED* for *ME*!
  • wtxwoman Marvelo... 2012/09/25 20:23:42
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I can't argue with any of your points and I agree with your solutions. They worked for me, too.
  • Marvelo... wtxwoman 2012/09/25 21:31:28
    Marvelous Wildfire
    When me and my first wife were *WORKING* our way through college (didn't have the later burden of "student loans" that we are hearing so much about today) we lived almost exclusively on flour, lard and a few eggs for over 6 months. We easily qualified, but we *REFUSED* to take food stamps or welfare because we saw the *QUALITY* of life the people we knew on welfare experienced, and how they became complacent where they were in life.

Our situation greatly improved, when a neighbor's horse coliced and I had to put it down . . . and those good people allowed us to dispose of their beloved horse by butchering it. (That was the first time either of us had ever eaten horse, but I can tell you, after 6 months of biscuits and gravy for breakfast, pancakes for lunch and hoecakes for supper it was absolutely the best meat I could ever remember tasting!)

I said all of that just to say: *YES* I know what it's like to be poor!
    I've been there, and it taught me what I can actually do for myself, if I want to change my situation badly enough.
    It is also why I say that I don't personally know *ANYONE* that is hungry.
    Because if someone is hungry *I* will *FEED THEM MYSELF* out of *MY OWN POCKET*, I do not need the Government to *FORCE ME* to help those in need.

2014/09/30 22:19:04