Who Was Really Born On December 25th?

Black&Beautiful 2008/12/24 01:29:39
Who Was Really Born On December 25?
When Nimrod, the founder of Babylon, died, Semiramis told the people that her husband's spirit had taken possession of the sun. She encouraged the people to pay homage to her husband by worshipping the sun. Thus began the evil practice of sun worship. Later on when Semiramis gave birth to a son by the name of Tammuz, she hid her licentious form of living by lying to the people. She told them that she was miraculously overshadowed by the spirit of her dead husband, Nimrod, and it was in this way she was able to bring forth this so-called "son of god."
Semiramis also declared that her son, Tammuz, was in actuality the return or rebirth of her husband, Nimrod. Hence through this teaching the doctrine of reincarnation was born. And since Tammuz was born on December 25, this day was highly honored and recognized by Nimrod's supporters. Note, therefore, that this date (December 25) was observed in honor of the birth of Tammuz long before Christianity existed, and that it was not until many centuries later this pagan custom was "Christianized" as being the birthday of Christ (or Christmas day).

The similarity between some of the ancient pagan beliefs and the truth is notable. Those who existed after the Flood knew the true prophecies of God very well because the Creator had made His plans known unto all the descendants of Adam and Eve. Therefore, it was not difficult for Satan to counterfeit the truth with erroneous applications. The notable writer Alexander Hislop tells us:

"If there was one who was more deeply concerned in the tragic death of Nimrod than another, it was his wife Semiramis, who, from an originally humble position, had been raised to share with him the throne of Babylon. . . In life her husband had been honored as a hero; in death she will have him worshipped as a god, yea, as the woman's promised seed, 'Zero-ashta,' who was destined to bruise the serpent's head, and who, in doing so, was to have his own heel bruised." The Two Babylons, p. 58-59.

Of course, because of the deifying of her husband, it was not long before Nimrod's followers began to also worship Semiramis. And her son Tammuz (Zero-ashta) was worshipped as well. More and more Semiramis was revered by the people and was viewed by many as a priestess and goddess. Later on she also became known as "the queen of heaven." Thus began the awful practice of exalting human deities. These false beliefs have led up to the many different forms of idolatry that are still practiced by different people today. Yes, it was through the introduction of these satanic evils and the many sacrilegious practices of ancient Babylon that witchcraft, priestcraft, spiritualism, and other forms of paganism were born. Says the well-known author Ellen G. White:

"The doctrine of man's consciousness in death, especially the belief that spirits of the dead return to minister to the living, has prepared the way for modern spiritualism." The Great Controversy, p. 551.

• Feck Sodahed 2008/12/24 01:54:01
    My Relative or Friend
    Feck Sodahed
    +5
    My son....and The Light of the World, the Divine Child, the Mabon, the rebirth of the golden solstice Sun....Mithra, Zoroaster, Horus, Krishna, Osiris, the Twins (Heru and Bast), Mithra, Frey, Dionysus, Cernunnos, Demeter, Kore Persephone, the Yule Child...and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

But evil practice of sun worship????

• DISENFRANCHISED 2009/01/04 16:12:38
    DISENFRANCHISED
    Where's the None of the above box?

JOHN the Baptist.
  • i812 2008/12/31 12:36:33
    i812
    not sure, we are told that we were born on a certain day. but is that so? just because we were told that? i have a friend that was born the same day as my birthday. or at least they told me it was my birthday. how do i know when i was born? does anybody really know for sure? what we need to concern ourselfs with, is the day before we die. make sure you do everything you want today, it could be your last day to do it.
  • DEE CEE 2008/12/29 14:38:44
    DEE CEE
    +1
    I enjoy reading the article. I really don't care who was actually born on the 25th but happy birthday to all that was.

It is time of light in a time of darkness this is the concept I like.
  • ~Donna~ conspiracy theorist... 2008/12/29 02:39:27
    My Relative or Friend
    ~Donna~ conspiracy theorists don't seem so nutty anymore do they
    +2
    My pal Martin.... I believe it is a well know fact that Jesus was not born on 12/25, the date is used merely as a symbol.
  • Black&B... ~Donna~... 2008/12/29 02:41:16
    Black&Beautiful
    It's wasn't used as a symbol. I suggest you read the article. It was used to bring an empire together with the Pagans. The Pagan's son god's birthday was on 12/25
  • ~Donna~... Black&B... 2008/12/29 02:42:25
    +1
    I am a christian and I will tell you that the date in my religion is used as a symbol.
  • Black&B... ~Donna~... 2008/12/29 02:52:51
    Black&Beautiful
    I can tell you that the date in your religion though I think most of your thinking is due to ignorance is not a symbol of anything other than paganism.
  • ~Donna~... Black&B... 2008/12/29 13:21:58
    +1
    Nice..... insulting comments is the way to debate a topic. Good job.
  • Black&B... ~Donna~... 2008/12/29 14:12:23
    Black&Beautiful
    I'm not insulting you. I'm telling you the truth. Research it for yourself and then get back to the post.
  • Double ... Black&B... 2009/01/11 19:09:25
    Double A Ron
    I think Christians do have to pick a day to celebrate regardless of the time. Hmm, I think we should celebrate everyday like it's Christmas, just based off of the fact that more Christians are being born again all the time.
  • Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~ 2008/12/25 03:09:06
    My Relative or Friend
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +1
    One friend, two relatives (twins).

The historical Jesus was apparently born in the summer or fall but the tradition of a child of light being born into the darkest days of winter was far stronger than fact....
  • Ronna 2008/12/25 02:58:09
    Ronna
    Christians simply replace pagan holidays. Most Christian coincide with the Jewish holidays as well......made it easier for conversion! Jesus was born in January!
  • Black&B... Ronna 2008/12/25 03:02:24
    Black&Beautiful
    No, he is reported to be born in the late summer early fall.
  • boo 2008/12/25 02:31:58
    Jesus
    boo
    +1
    of course.
  • Dedee 2008/12/24 14:16:29
    My Relative or Friend
    Dedee
    +1
    My fiance was born on December 25th! That I know for sure!
  • Black&B... Dedee 2008/12/24 14:34:40
    Black&Beautiful
    +1
    Tell him Happy Birthday.
  • Marie/M2M2K™-#1Conservative... 2008/12/24 08:08:47
  • Ronna Marie/M... 2008/12/25 03:00:17
    Ronna
    Actually the celebration is on December 25, his actual birth was in January.
  • Black&B... Ronna 2008/12/25 03:02:45
    Black&Beautiful
    It wasn't. Did you read the article?
  • Ronna Black&B... 2008/12/25 03:10:21
    Ronna
    I did....the birth of Christ is in January.....I said undecided because I have not personally researched the other choices. I do know from taking History class on religion that Christ was not born on December 25
  • Black&B... Ronna 2008/12/25 03:17:09
    Black&Beautiful
    He was not born in January. If you say he was, you should provide proof.
  • Ronna Black&B... 2008/12/25 03:21:26 (edited)
    Ronna
    I will provide you with a link, I will have to dig through my theology books....the net say January, March, April, June, September......
  • Black&B... Ronna 2008/12/26 01:51:18
    Black&Beautiful
    I never seen January, March, or April on the net.
  • Ronna Black&B... 2008/12/26 01:57:03
    Ronna
    google it....Christs birthday....lots of theories

I need to find my college text....to give you the quote from that opinion....
  • Black&B... Ronna 2008/12/26 01:59:25
    Black&Beautiful
    I have googled it and I am telling you earlier year accounts are not there.
  • Ronna Black&B... 2008/12/26 02:01:30
    Ronna
    I will send them too you
  • Ronna Black&B... 2008/12/26 02:06:04
    Ronna
    +1
    http://www.christiananswers.n...
    http://www.worldofchristmas.n...

http://www.themoorings.org/ap...

The last one says January 6....this is what aI recalled from my college text on religious studies
  • BH1701 "In Kirk We Trust" 2008/12/24 06:16:11
    BH1701 "In Kirk We Trust"
    +2
    A brilliant and inspirational historical figure was born on Dec. 25th, 1642, Sir Isaac Newton.
  • Brenda 2008/12/24 04:13:56
    Brenda
    +1
    Who Knows I know the Christians made up a lot of this stuff I just do the Santa Clause for my baby thats fun for her and myself. To much sadness. I have heard to many stories and I don't believe Jesus was born on the 25
  • Mollybdamned American Atheist 2008/12/24 03:34:09
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
    +2
    Mithra was born Dec. 25th in a cave, he was born of a Virgin.

http://www.origin-of-christma... of Christmas - The Traditions and Controversies
    For today's Christian, the origin of Christmas is, and should be, the birth of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Bible. Nothing more and nothing less. However, most of what we witness on December 25th each year has absolutely nothing to do with that blessed day, which probably occurred in late summer or early fall about 2,000 years ago. In fact, most of the customs and traditions of Christmas actually pre-date the birth of Jesus, and many of them are downright deceptive in their meaning and origin. Here are a few examples:

The date of December 25th probably originated with the ancient "birthday" of the son-god, Mithra, a pagan deity whose religious influence became widespread in the Roman Empire during the first few centuries A.D. Mithra was related to the Semitic sun-god, Shamash, and his worship spread throughout Asia to Europe where he was called Deus Sol Invictus Mithras. Rome was well-known for absorbing the pagan religions and rituals of its widespread empire. As such, Rome converted this pagan legacy to a celebration of the god, Saturn, and the rebirth of the sun god during the winter solstice period. The winter holiday became know...

'""

The date of December 25th probably originated with the ancient "birthday" of the son-god, Mithra, a pagan deity whose religious influence became widespread in the Roman Empire during the first few centuries A.D. Mithra was related to the Semitic sun-god, Shamash, and his worship spread throughout Asia to Europe where he was called Deus Sol Invictus Mithras. Rome was well-known for absorbing the pagan religions and rituals of its widespread empire. As such, Rome converted this pagan legacy to a celebration of the god, Saturn, and the rebirth of the sun god during the winter solstice period. The winter holiday became known as Saturnalia and began the week prior to December 25th. The festival was characterized by gift-giving, feasting, singing and downright debauchery, as the priests of Saturn carried wreaths of evergreen boughs in procession throughout the Roman temples.

Variations of this pagan holiday flourished throughout the first few centuries after Jesus Christ, but it probably wasn't until 336 AD that Emperor Constantine officially converted this pagan tradition into the "Christian" holiday of Christmas.

ad emperor constantine officially converted pagan tradition christian holiday christmas
  • Black&B... Mollybd... 2008/12/24 12:12:53
    Black&Beautiful
    +1
    I tried opening the link Molly. Please resend it.
  • Mollybd... Black&B... 2008/12/24 19:53:01
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
    +1
    Hi B and B. I'll try to get you one that really works. sorry. Can ya type it into the search engine?
  • Black&B... Mollybd... 2008/12/24 20:03:18
  • Ronna Mollybd... 2008/12/25 03:02:30
    Ronna
    You know your stuff!
  • Mollybd... Ronna 2008/12/25 19:22:00
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
    +1
    Hi Ronna, thank you what a nice surprise. :)
  • YourObamaUpdate.com 2008/12/24 02:15:11
    YourObamaUpdate.com
    +3
    but definitely not Jesus de Cristo
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2008/12/24 02:05:37
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    Jesus wasn't born.
  • Feck Sodahed 2008/12/24 01:54:01
    My Relative or Friend
    Feck Sodahed
    +5

But evil practice of sun worship????
  • Ali ~ I... Feck So... 2008/12/25 03:14:50
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +3
    The light that born out of darkness within and without is worth celebrating by whatever name it's called...the solstice period is particularly dear to me for its symbolism. Happy birthday to your son, Saoirse! And many happy returns of the day!
  • ~SEXY DIVA~ 2008/12/24 01:53:59 (edited)
    Jesus
    ~SEXY DIVA~
    +1
    It will always be him to me. jesus behim

2014/10/31 23:09:58