WHO RAISED THE NATIONAL DEBT THE MOST?

Link 2011/10/02 11:48:45
DEBT

• Paradox25 2011/10/03 18:55:51
    Paradox25
    Prior to the Obama administration it was Republican presidents but yet the TEA Party whiners pop up out of the woodwork all of a sudden when Obama takes office. The TARP legislation was actually approved by the W. Bush administration, which probably helped account for a large portion of the deficit credited to Obama. Damn right wing collectivists.
  • Link Paradox25 2011/12/20 11:42:43
    Link
    Yep, all too often, the "buck" gets passed.... incoming inherited the mess and the blame from the outgoing...
  • Mr. Smith 2011/10/02 16:24:45
    Mr. Smith
    +2
    That's a funny joke! Here's the real data.

funny joke real data
  • dallasjoe Mr. Smith 2011/10/02 17:53:42
    dallasjoe
    The facts are from 1981 to 2009 90% of the debt was added When Jimmy Carter left office the National debt stood at 980 Billion Dollars
  • Mr. Smith dallasjoe 2011/10/02 22:15:36
    Mr. Smith
    First, your numbers are wrong, especially since Obama has added the amount in 2.5 years that Bush added in all 8 of his. It's a bit disingenuous to include Obama since you're only using a portion of his first year. That aside, does the President run the country all by himself? Does the Party controlling Congress have any role in passing a budget in your eyes?
  • Link Mr. Smith 2011/10/02 23:16:01
    Link
    +1
    I didn't create it... and who's to say your numbers are factual? Your information stands as much chance of being off as mine does... all depends on who you listen to...

And there's my point... every bit of information we have depends greatly on what "they" want us to know... what "they" leak out...

As well as what propaganda is put out there...

It's subjective, isn't it? If you're pro-Obama, he does no wrong and there's all sorts of evidence to back it up... If you're pro-Bush, the same applies... If you're pro-Tea Partyer, you can put out all sorts of evidence to back them up... and so on and so forth... and on it goes...
  • dallasjoe Mr. Smith 2011/12/18 20:39:11
    dallasjoe
    yes but most of it was to correct 20 yrs of Voodoo Taxation
  • Mr. Smith dallasjoe 2011/12/19 20:23:13
    Mr. Smith
    Not following your logic, are you saying that Obama's massive debt is somehow an offset to historical tax policy???
  • dallasjoe Mr. Smith 2011/12/20 03:47:06
    dallasjoe
    if you are opposed to debts we need either to cut across the board all agencies and departments or to raise taxes you can not have it both ways. I somewhat agree with you the federal Government was wrong to help the banks in 2008 should have let those which would have failed FAIL
  • Link dallasjoe 2011/12/20 04:16:32
    Link
    What say we cut the number of high level officials (like they're cutting our jobs)... and cut their pay like they're cutting ours (working people and retired alike)... cut their benefits (like they're cutting ours) and retirement (and make them collect and live on the measly Social Security that they keep wanting to cut more and more... But, wait... first they have to have paid in enough which they haven't)... Cut the perks of their positions and titles (like the ones we don't get, but we pay for for them)...

What say we stop handing out billions and billions to other countries that we the American taxpayer pay for yet we, the American taxpayer see nothing in return and no one seems to want to or to be able to explain... and I'm NOT referring to relief aid for the hungry... I'm referring to the billions upon billions we pay to other country's governments...

Why doesn't the next President (or any of the previous ones) stand up and say, "I'm not going to accept any pay for this position... I'm making enough from private industry and my investments to more than support my family... put that money elsewhere that would be better served!" "Oh, and the money from the Foundation that allows all new Presidents and their wives to purchase all new china and silver and crystal and furnishin...

Why doesn't the next President (or any of the previous ones) stand up and say, "I'm not going to accept any pay for this position... I'm making enough from private industry and my investments to more than support my family... put that money elsewhere that would be better served!" "Oh, and the money from the Foundation that allows all new Presidents and their wives to purchase all new china and silver and crystal and furnishings for the White House amongst other items... put that toward the Federal Deficit... We can make do with the former President's stuff!" "And, oh... that millions that my campaign made for that last $10,000.00/plate dinner... put that on the deficit as well!"

That's just for starters... Make any incoming Presidential family declare their annual earnings before taking office... anything over a certain reasonable amount a year from investments and holdings means they don't get paid for the job... they're already getting free room and board, free food, free heat and A/C, free lights, free entertainment, free transportation including ground, water and airfare all over the country and the world (even for vacations), free security and so much more...

Let's start there...
  • dallasjoe Link 2011/12/20 04:43:04
    dallasjoe
    KUDOS
  • Mr. Smith dallasjoe 2011/12/20 16:57:33
    Mr. Smith
    I'm for cutting across the board all agencies and departments, and I mean all, including defense. Some agencies can be completely eliminated. The government collects plenty of money from us already and needs to learn to operate on ONLY what it collects from the American people.

I'm also for a balanced budget amendment and a cap on spending as it relates to national GDP, 20% being the max.
  • Link Mr. Smith 2011/12/20 18:43:48
    Link
    +1
    another thought: How about helping the economy and making things less costly from a gov't budget standpoint and review and renegotiate all current contracts and lower them, and also open the bid process to any contractor by eliminating the requirement that contracts be awarded only to union companies and open the bid to smaller, non-union companies as well and award contracts to best company suited for the job? and stop paying the proverbial 50.00 for a 12.00 hammer?
  • Mr. Smith Link 2011/12/20 20:49:45
    Mr. Smith
    I agree 100%!!!
  • Link Mr. Smith 2011/12/21 03:29:00
    Link
    +1
    WELL, IT'S ABOUT DAMNED TIME YOU AGREE WITH SOMETHING! LOL...
  • Mr. Smith Link 2011/12/21 03:32:32
    Mr. Smith
    LOL. Well, common sense is a rare thing these days, when I hear someone use it I can't help but agree with it. ;-)
  • Link Mr. Smith 2011/12/21 03:35:40
    Link
    +1
    LOL... now... if we could get the pol's to listen and agree and actually do these things INCLUDING USING GOO D OL' COMMON SENSE and GOOD JUDGMENT...
  • Mr. Smith Link 2011/12/21 06:04:23
    Mr. Smith
    I agree again.....you're on a roll.
  • dallasjoe Mr. Smith 2011/12/21 06:04:27
    dallasjoe
    works for me how can you have a "BUDGET" when you have no Up side
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2011/10/02 16:17:29
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    Nice
  • dave b 2011/10/02 15:15:44
    dave b
    +3
    Gee, the Treasury Dept. does what its told by Obie....like making this nice looking but inaccurate graph.
  • Bob Pooba 2011/10/02 14:44:14
    Bob Pooba
    +2
    You need to do some more research.. That is funny.
  • Mark O'Cain 2011/10/02 14:41:56
    Mark O'Cain
    +1
    It's a fact that the Republican Presidents were in office when 85% of the entire debt of America was incurred. Why would anyone believe otherwise? The massive increase in debt started with the massive cuts in taxes and bloating of the government under the Republicans. There were more government workers added under Republicans, more unfunded programs created and the two wars were all as a result of Republican Presidents and Congresses.
  • Matt 2011/10/02 14:38:18
    Matt
    +3
    Congress funds everything. The president is just a whipping boy to divert our anger and prevent us from upsetting their apple cart.

Congress
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2011/10/02 14:25:04 (edited)
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +1
    Reagan has the highest percentage but the highest dollar mount of debt increase occurred during the George W. Bush Administration due to unfunded policy enacted by the 107th, 108th and 109th Republican Congresses. The primary causes of the debt increase under these Congresses were JGTRRA, EGTRRA, Medicare Part D, The Un-budgeted and un-funded war in Iraq and the Un-budgeted and un-funded war in Afghanistan.

All of the unfunded policy enacted by those Congresses continue to increase the debt to this day.
  • dallasjoe 2011/10/02 14:23:10
    dallasjoe
    Yes Congress passed the Budget but the President can opt not to spend the Money
  • Maynard 2011/10/02 13:09:38
    Maynard
    +2
    CONGRESS DID!!!

Please read Article 1, Section 8 of the GREAT AMERICAN CONSTITUTION, then please say SORRY FOR THE FALSE PROPAGANDA you put fourth.
  • Link Maynard 2011/10/02 13:31:47
    Link
    +1
    Yes, I am guilty of placing blame on the Prez's... When I know that Congress has to approve and/or disapprove 99.9% of what the Prez does... However, the Prez can push things through even if Congress does not approve... they usually do not exercise this power, though...
  • Maynard Link 2011/10/02 13:42:03
    Maynard
    +3
    No Sir, the Pres CANNOT spend money that the Congress does not authorize.

The Pres CAN force things thru, very true with executive orders but not when it comes to the budget.

The budget went like this, Bush tried to restrane the liberal Congress, obama URGED higher spending from Congress.

In the 90s, Conservatives took Congress and sent balanced budgets to Clinton, he vetoed some and things got done with CONSERVATIVE LIGHT budgets.
  • Link Maynard 2011/10/02 14:33:28
    Link
    OK... let's just say "under their administrations" rather than peg the blame on each Prez specifically...
  • Maynard Link 2011/10/02 14:38:38
    Maynard
    +2
    It went up big time under pelosi, no question, and she had Bush and Obama, WORST SPEAKER IN US HISTORY.
  • dallasjoe Maynard 2011/10/02 17:55:12
    dallasjoe
    c mon John the Crier Boner will be worse
  • FAWKES'... Maynard 2011/10/02 14:38:11
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    It was the 107th, 108th and 109th Congresses that enacted the unfunded policy that increased the debt by the highest dollar amount. These policies continue to increase the debt today.

Explain that please.
  • FAWKES'... Maynard 2011/10/02 14:26:59
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    That's right. And the highest dollar increase in debt occurred under the 107th, 108th and 109th Congresses during the Bush Administration.
  • Emanon 2011/10/02 12:01:20
  • Link Emanon 2011/10/02 12:14:24
    Link
    lol.... Reagan forgot where he put the $$...
  • Emanon Link 2011/10/02 12:24:37 (edited)
    Emanon
    +1

It's in their pocket!

though honestly I am done with the two party system in general, I miss the days of FDR Democrats and Eisenhower Republicans.. those days are long gone and today they just want to get reelected. Though currently my favorite politician and has been for a few years is Bernie Sanders, ... I do also like Al Franken when on board and debating the people but am sure they will never make it in the white house

..runs back to my cave
  • Link Emanon 2011/10/02 12:42:55
    Link
    Yeah... these days, the parties are so damned close in reality, sometimes the lines are blurred beyond recognition... I have always been neutral... sometimes a Dem running for office says the right things as to how and where he/she stands.... sometimes a Repub says the right things... sometimes, even Liberal says the right things...

It all boils down to what you believe to be the right things, who says the most right things, and whether you believe them or not...

May the "right person" win.
  • Emanon Link 2011/10/02 12:48:00 (edited)
    Emanon
    I will vote for anything I think I agree more on, in the past that has been democrats and Republicans. I even vote for those I know hasn't a real chance of winning such as the independent party, green party etc.

When it comes to politics I like pragmatic approaches, when it comes to political ideologies, I consider myself a liberal, progressive and democratic socialist. I am a part of the independent party because, while there are few exceptions when it comes to individuals I often find democrats and Republicans are bought and paid by the same lobbyist.

While I will admit, I generally wait for the debates to see who I will vote for, this year's republican have gone so far to the right that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to vote for them... but that is just me being honest and ... honesty has no place in politics *sarcasm*.
  • Link Emanon 2011/10/02 12:50:57
    Link
    I didn't intentionaly leave out Independent... and I agree regarding Dems and Repubs... I generally lean more towards Independent myself...

2014/11/25 20:52:26