Who is the single most despicable figure in modern history?

B 2007/07/20 22:53:36
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Benito Mussolini
Osama Bin Laden
Saddam Hussein
Abu Musab Al Zarqawi
None of the above!  My choice is .... (please comment)
We see tyrants and despots routinely through history. In modern history, since 1900, who in your opinion, is the worst and most despicable character?

• Fef 2007/07/20 23:02:42
    Adolf Hitler
    Fef
    +12
    You've provided a great list of despicable characters -- unfortunately, they actually lived at one point and created horrible tragedies on a grand or small scale so I shouldn't call them "characters."

I chose Adolf because of the massive amount of deaths combined with his sick/twisted view of the world. I think he believed a lot of the venom that came out of his mouth as words. Stalin and the other losers either didn't cause as much devastation or pure evil in the manner of murdering or torturing people.

Before you flame me, I know that Stalin caused more loss of innocent lives than Hitler. Sadam did as sick or even sicker torture by dumping live people into wood shredders, rape, etc... Those guys come 2nd and 3rd on this list.

• cyqed@youtube 2010/08/19 23:48:00
    None of the above! My choice is .... (please comment)
    cyqed@youtube
    +2
    well, where is George bush and other americans not here. Hitler was a good man. Everything was pinned on him to make him look bad. Americans have different puppet presidents while they all commit atrocities around the world. Americans invaded Iraq and destroyed an entire nation. You should have american presidents right from Eisenhower for atrocities here. Germans loved Hitler, Russians loved Stalin and so on. No one likes the americans or their president. If I had nothing else to do, I would have gladly dedicated my life towards the destruction of america and everyone residing in that Godless country.

Hitler did not kill jews. Eisenhowers order to bomb all the factories in Germany did. Food for the inmates of the so called concentration camps were held in these factories. American doctors did autopsies of hundreds of so called victims of these concentration camps in Germany and they could never find any poisonous gas in any of these peoples body. According to the Russian report after the war, they reported the death of 75,000 odd jews in the camps. I wonder where they came up with the 6 million number. Well, this is not the first time, 6 million jews died anyways. Jews are obsessed wth that number anyways.

Sadam Hussien was running his country so bloody well and americans we...

Sadam Hussien was running his country so bloody well and americans went there to flick his Gold, oil and to intimidate the Russians by deploying spy satellites from that angle. Americans are the scums on this planet and needs to be destroyed. I urge everyone who reads this to go on a war with americans and destroy it. americans does not deserve to be a part of this planet we call home. They are destroying this planet. You kill one , you become a murderer. You kill a million, you become a conqueror.

We, people with culture and a cultural root find american women influencing our world and women with their ideas. america is the modern depiction of biblical Sodom and Gomorrah. If God is not destroying this nation, it is up to us to destroy america. Kill americans and administer the slowest and the most painful death to american people and presidents.

Hail Hitler and the Third Reich.
  • henry cyqed@y... 2011/03/30 15:17:30
    henry
    +3
    I bet you're a Muslim! Or have a warped sense of humour? Or a warped sense of history? Or all of the above. Incidentally, where do you get your facts from? I'd be interested to know about your sources. And please, don't give me the vague 'it's-all-written-down-somewh... argument. Go on! Give us a booklist, without mentions of Sheikh al-Qaradawi and his ilk. All the best, Henry.
  • 83Pats12 2010/07/08 15:49:00
    Adolf Hitler
    83Pats12
    the cause of WW2 and what it did to the Jewish community. along with Himmler.
  • amr_423 2010/03/15 01:23:17
    amr_423
    +3
    choice comment
    sharoon
  • Paull 2009/11/29 03:39:25
    Paull
    Adolf Hitler was the most signififigant person of all time and he was not a criminal NERO
  • Paull Paull 2009/11/29 03:41:13
    Paull
    I meant Signifigant
  • zlgriff~PWCM~JLA 2009/05/12 15:19:10 (edited)
    Adolf Hitler
    zlgriff~PWCM~JLA
    how could this man who was kind to animals and a vegetarian to boot be so horrible and hateful and murderous to fellow human beings...unbelievable..i don't think he's giving any speeches now, except for an occasional "ouch, that burns"
  • GoodbyeRick 2009/05/08 08:31:51
    Adolf Hitler
    GoodbyeRick
    No contest.
  • zlgriff... Goodbye... 2009/05/12 15:17:59
    zlgriff~PWCM~JLA
    i agree. the art school should have let adolf pursue his art career instead of rejecting him. who knows what would have happened then instead of horrible mass murder we'd have horrible mass paintings. a lot less harmful.
  • God of all Creation Shal 2009/05/06 01:43:34 (edited)
    God of all Creation Shal
    A three way tie before Josef Mengele, Dr. Eduard Wirths, and Dr. Aribert Heim.

Between these 3, and their horrific experimentation on inmates we now have extensive medical code of ethics, and the Nuremberg code.

Although I guess Himmler would be even worse for ordering this....
  • Iamfree 2009/01/24 08:13:57
    Joseph Stalin
    Iamfree
    +1
    Hitler might have seemed like the obvious choice, but I feel like he was a lunatic. Stalin wasn't nuts; he was simply pure evil.
  • lglessner 2009/01/24 08:11:06
    Joseph Stalin
    lglessner
    Wow, you made that a tough one... They are all so despicable. The reason I chose Stalin is this:

He ruled tyranically over a country and had millions and millions of his own citizens annihilated over a period of many decades. He didn't come out and scream about it like Hitler, he very quietly and methodically went about his business of mass murder under the guise of leadership. He didn't even need an excuse. Jews, Ukraines, Poles, cripples, political opponents, complainers... and because Stalin was a malignant, silent cancer, I believe he was even more dangerous than that spittle-spewing flaming maniac Hitler.

Stalin was the architect of the Great Terror, wiping out thousands by torture and execution, and starving and overworking tens of millions who were sent to death-labor camps in Soviet gulags. His agricultural "collectivism" programs cost millions more lives and caused great misery. Overall, his death toll is estimated at between 20 and 30 million.

Stalin murdered many millions more than did Hussein. Osama Bin Laden is a pathetic Jihad warrior wannabee who hides behind others to do his filthy little crimes. He is truly evil, but has not done as much damage as Stalin. Zarqawi is the same as Bin Laden. Mussollini fed his empty facist bullsh*t to his country and m...'

'

Stalin murdered many millions more than did Hussein. Osama Bin Laden is a pathetic Jihad warrior wannabee who hides behind others to do his filthy little crimes. He is truly evil, but has not done as much damage as Stalin. Zarqawi is the same as Bin Laden. Mussollini fed his empty facist bullsh*t to his country and murdered many. But he didn't come close to Hitler or Hussein in the insane despot department...

And Jason's just ugly.

bullsht country murdered close hitler hussein insane despot department jasons
  • banana split 2008/12/04 12:13:57
    Osama Bin Laden
    banana split
    Although there's a lovely range to choose from, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Osama, simply because I think the actions and chain of events he had so much input into are going to change the world for hundreds of years, with the impact rippling far beyond the physical damage that has been caused so far. Already we live our lives completely differently, have stronger fears and I think this will only continue to grow as the battle between peace and terror escalates. Hopefully it won't turn into an epic 'good vs evil battle' with millions caught in the middle, but I'm afraid there's a real chance it will
    :(
  • Constance*sick to death of ... 2008/12/03 00:55:47
    Constance*sick to death of idiots*
    +2
    Heinrich Himmler.

Unlike Hitler and Goering, Himmler was a "True Believer" and was the driving force behind some of the worst atrocities of the War. The man was evil personified.
    goering himmler true believer driving force atrocities war evil personified
  • lglessner Constan... 2009/01/24 08:14:03
    lglessner
    +1
    Oh boy... Do I agree with your assessment. This man was a monster.
  • Katherine of Stratford 2008/12/02 06:28:38
    Katherine of Stratford
    +1
    The butterfly. Because nobody EVER suspects the butterfly.
  • Just another nobody. 2008/12/02 04:07:03
    Just another nobody.
    +1
    I say all of the above with the additions of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. I have been ashamed of our country for the last eight years. We are Americans, we are supposed to be above torturing people. We aren't supposed to kidnap our own citizens and store them in an army base on foriegn soil so that we can torture them. How could we have let these attrocities be perpertrated by our own government? What was the name of the mission in Iraq? Operation Iraqi freedom right? Why were we so concerned about their freedom while our own government was condoning the abduction and torture of our own citizens? I am even more confused by the fact that they tried to impeach Clinton for a BJ. But they let Bush slide on war crimes? How does that logic work?
  • Terri3G... Just an... 2009/04/27 21:38:40
    Terri3GS..Allergic to Stupidity.
    Obie is destroying America..he gets on the list soon.
  • Suki 2008/12/02 03:57:19
    Adolf Hitler
    Suki
    They are all pretty bad, but I chose Hitler because in the long run, it seems like he did more damage to more people's lives. I still know people who are mourning the fact that several of their family members were murdered in the concentration camps. And he did a lot of psychic damage to the German people. His negative energy that he generated will be felt for a long time to come.
  • traveler25 2008/11/16 17:56:00
    traveler25
    George W Bush
  • ~Drew~ 2008/10/06 14:38:54
    Adolf Hitler
    ~Drew~
    They are all bad, but (hopefully) none of them, or anyone else, will ever reach the acts of Hitler.
  • kevracer 2008/10/03 21:23:57
    Adolf Hitler
    kevracer
    this man was responsible for the deaths of at least 6 million Jews
  • Diane 2008/09/09 01:53:27
    Osama Bin Laden
    Diane
    All of these men were psychopaths,,,,yet Osama is afraid to come forth.
  • lglessner Diane 2009/01/24 08:15:12
    lglessner
    He's a coward.
  • Amanda 2008/07/08 17:29:25
    Amanda
  • Ogar 2008/06/13 02:08:59 (edited)
  • gmanj77 2008/05/29 18:51:35
  • Deon the Ninja 2008/05/23 16:33:22
    Deon the Ninja
    +1
    Al Gore! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2008/05/20 23:34:03
    Adolf Hitler
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    I'd say so.
  • NamelessGenXer 2008/05/09 16:45:28 (edited)
    NamelessGenXer
    +1

{ no need to comment }
  • Deon th... Nameles... 2008/05/23 16:40:06
    Deon the Ninja
    So that's why he got shot in '06.
  • Jen**GPAC** 2008/03/19 20:51:46
    Jen**GPAC**
  • Nameles... Jen**GP... 2008/05/09 16:46:44
    NamelessGenXer
    Guess Bill-o's in for a big surprise when he finds out it's a man :-)
  • gone 2008/03/19 19:35:27
  • JDC~The Shootist~ 2008/03/19 19:32:41
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +1
    ALL THE ABOVE!!!! (Sorry B ) I know I'm not suppose to make my own category but choosing one was just to hard,they all came from the same gene donor it would seem!!!
  • zlgriff... JDC~The... 2009/05/12 15:21:03
    zlgriff~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    i would say the gene donor or influence would most definitely have to be:
    gene donor influence
  • Jackie G - Poker Playing Pa... 2008/03/01 01:40:37 (edited)
    Joseph Stalin
    +1
    Most dangerous now - the jihadists/extremists

Edit addition: Stalin killed more people than Hitler; the only reason he got to 'skate' a bit was he became our ally in WWII against Hitler. FDR and Churchill knew he was a really bad guy and never trusted him but needed his support in the battle against Hitler. They , Hitler and Stalind, were awful despots.
  • The Great Simonski 2007/12/28 14:47:48
    Adolf Hitler
    The Great Simonski
    +3
    I voted Hitler, but really thinking about it Stalin is probably worse. Stalin managed to rack up a greater kill count than Hitler and his legacy brought the world to the brink of apocalypse (lol, dramatic language lol).
  • Chula21 2007/11/28 06:12:03
    Adolf Hitler
    Chula21
    +1
    What a Tard......
  • roger 2007/09/17 21:29:30
    Adolf Hitler
    roger
    +2
    The most dispicable, ruthless, back stabbing, two faced, utterly evil, no sense of decency except for his race (and that is debatable among Germans), humorless (if he smiled watch your back); lordy...lordy he was downright dispicable. The others except Stalin don't even come close to him or Stalin.

2014/11/27 20:54:14