WHO IS SANDRA FLUKE AND WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR HER HAVING SEX?

Old Salt 2012/03/03 02:49:10
IM NOT PAYING FOR ANYONE'S SEX, PERIOD!
SURE, POOR GIRLS NEED FREE PILLS!

Georgetown
University Law student, Sandra Fluke, appeared at a Nancy Pelosi congressional
hearing to testify that the women in her law school program are having so much
sex that they’re going broke, so you and I should pay for their birth control.

Even President Obam called her prior to her testimony to thank her for speaking
up for his FREE SEX program! Since Georgetown is a Jesuit niversity, perhaps
the President just hsa a "bone" to pick with the Catholics?

Ms. Fluke declared that the cost of Birth control or morning after abortion
pills cost as much a $3,000 for the length of her studies at Georgetown! She
also claimed that 40% of the women attending just "could not afford such
expense!" $3,000 for birth control in three years? That’s a thousand
dollars a year of sex – and, she wants us to pay for it.

Perhaps Congress should have also hear from another student at Georgetown,
Angela Morabito, who wrote regarding Ms. Fluke the following:

"Sandra Fluke does not speak for me, or for Georgetown! "

She
doesn’t speak for those of us who worked hard to be able to choose to come to a
great institution with a great tradition of faith and scholarship. She
certainly can’t speak for the Jesuits who dedicated their lives to God and
Education with a long established set of rules. There are only ten of them, and
Ms. Fluke would do well to give them a quick read. If she wants a more liberal
sex life, she can go to Syracuse. (Syracuse, I must apologize – but we are in
March and basketball matters – sorry you got caught up in this.)

Sandra
doesn’t even speak for all skanks! She only speaks for the skanks who don’t
want to take responsibility for their choices. That’s a tiny group of people.
Hey Sandra! How about next Saturday night, you come hang out with me and my gay
boyfriends! Your hair will look fabulous and you’ll get to see great musical
theatre! Oh, and odds of you getting pregnant? Zero percent.

Even the oh-so-left HuffPo called Sandra out on her media sluttery: ”Fluke got
the stage all to herself and was hailed as a hero by the crowd and Democratic
lawmakers on the panel, all of whom rushed to appear on camera with her at the
end. “Excuse me. I’d love to get a picture with our star,” Rep. Carolyn Maloney
(D-N.Y.) said as she pushed her way through the packed room to Fluke.”

Star
of what? Star of the bedroom sex tape? When did Georgetown Law start admitting
Kardashians? Sandra, we might be on the same campus, but we are not on the same
planet.

Sandra told some sob stories about how contraception isn’t covered by the
Jesuit institution we attend. (Maybe they don’t cover it because, you know,
they’re a Jesuit institution. Religious freedom? Anyone? Bueller?)

A
student group called Plan A H*yas for Choice staged a demonstration against the
university health plan last year, duct taping their mouths and chaining
themselves to the statue of Georgetown’s founder on the university’s front
lawn. Then, a funny thing happened – nothing. We left them there. Now Sandra
has chained herself to the sinking ship of Pelosi Liberalism. She will always
be remembered as a Welfare Condom Queen.

Let’s
talk priorities here. It costs over $23,000 for a year at Georgetown Law.
Sandra, are you telling us that you can afford that but cannot afford your own
contraception? Really? Math was never my strong suit, but something about
Sandra’s accounting just doesn’t seem right.

one forced Sandra to come to Georgetown. And now that she has, Sandra does not
have to depend on the university health plan. She could walk down the street to
CVS and get some contraception herself. Or, go to an off-campus, non-university
doctor and pay for it out of pocket. (Or, you know…maybe not have so much sex
that it puts her in financial peril?)

Funny
how the same side that cries “Get your rosaries off my ovaries” is the same
side saying, “on second thought…please pay for me to have all the sex I want!”
The people who espouse “pro-choice” “values” are the same people who say
religious institutions have no right to choose.

So,
what say you Soda Head member? Should Americans pay for Ms. Fluke and other
female students to have Sex? Or, has Obama just taken this issue way too far!

Read More: http://michellemalkin.com/2012/03/02/sandra-fluke-...

• Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/03/03 02:57:50
    IM NOT PAYING FOR ANYONE'S SEX, PERIOD!
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +30
    Sounds like she has a personal problem to me.....NO I am not going to pay for her pills! Doesn't she have parents?!?!?!?! I paid for my own and so can she/they.

• jubil8 ... Old Salt 2012/03/20 04:16:05
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Why does one of its employee polices include BC?

I don't expect G'town or a bunch of old men in long skirts to care what I think -- I don't care what they think either.

They tried to get a liberal Dem. POTUS to do what THEY wanted -- and seem surprised that they failed.
  • Shigyrl... jubil8 ... 2012/03/20 04:15:48
    Shigyrl but outspoken on my future
    +1
    Where did you read that any of their policies allow for b/c? If the cost is passed on. Then it isn't free and it still violates the churches first amendment rights.
  • jubil8 ... Shigyrl... 2012/03/20 04:21:28
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Right here on this question. I don't feel like searching for the link for you. Keep reading if you want to find it. :) And please tell the university that it's violating its own rights. I'm sure it will be grateful to you for letting it know.

It's in an exchange between Blunderwoman (she said it) and Rodney. Both of them provide links to policies.
  • Bill jubil8 ... 2012/03/13 19:20:42
    Bill
    +1
    You're right, she didn't say "demand."

She did say...
    Without insurance COVERAGE, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, LIKE ME, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s SALARY. 40% of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they STRUGGLE financially as a result of THIS POLICY

This is a request, or special pleading, to get the University to comply with Obama's first try at getting birth control coverage. That is what she wants, what she thinks she and the other 40% of the women think they deserve. Though stated softly, I view it as a "demand" as do the other people behind her.
  • jubil8 ... Bill 2012/03/13 22:32:01
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Fair enough. I don't agree, but no problem. I see it as "advocacy," which is one of the things a law student learns to do.

What women want is equal and fair treatment. If women at G'town are paying for insurance and being denied coverage because the university is discriminating, that's wrong, and I think it's good that she made it a matter of public record.
  • Bill jubil8 ... 2012/03/14 00:59:54 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    Advocacy is one thing, banging ones head against the wall is another.
    Obama had already decided to back off. It was a waste of time.

I believe in equal treatment for women. I have a wife and two daughters. Do you think I would want them treated unfairly? However, they have to make their own decisions and stand by them.

{If women at G'town are paying for insurance and being denied coverage because the university is discriminating...}
    Read the following Fluke statement again and tell me if the University was discriminating against her.

Fluke said:
    {And even if that meant going to a less prestigious university, we REFUSE to pick between a quality EDUCATION and our HEALTH. And we RESENT that in the 21st century, anyone think it’s acceptable to ask us to make this CHOICE simply because we are women.}

As I said before:
    This is the worst part. She REFUSES to make the choice between education and health. Then, what has that to do with the Church? What does she have to resent? She made her choice so she should stick to it and accept the responsibilities that came with that choice.

Also, the premiums are most likely "pooled" in that women and men throw in the same amount and, essentially, pay for each others coverage for "medical" problems and health issues other than birth control.

FYI:
    http...

Fluke said:

As I said before:

FYI:
    http://livewire.talkingpoints...

“In the latest example how out of touch House Republican leaders are on women’s health, Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) is holding a congressional hearing to oppose insurance coverage for contraception, yet NOT ALLOW A SINGLE WOMAN to testify in support of the benefit. In fact, Congressman Issa REJECTED the opportunity to ALLOW a woman attending Georgetown University’s law school to testify about the positive impact the birth control benefit would have on women.

“WHERE are the women? How can Congress hold a hearing about birth control and not let any women speak?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DEBATE THE FINER POINTS OF THE ABOVE, I AM READY.

THERE THEY ARE:
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/...

WASHINGTON, D.C., February 17, 2012, (LifeSiteNews.com) – Although two pro-life women testified before a Congressional panel investigating whether the Obama administration had crossed a dangerous line violating the freedom of religion with its birth control mandate, the president of Planned Parenthood led a chorus of pro-abortion activists in asking, “Where are the women?”

She can't have her lifestyle and expect the Church to pay for it.
  • jubil8 ... Bill 2012/03/14 02:05:35
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    She didn't say G'town was discriminating against her. She gave examples of women she knows.

“In 65% of the cases at our school, our female students were interrogated by insurance representatives and university medical staff about why they needed prescription and whether they were lying about their symptoms.
    “For my friend and 20% of the women in her situation, she never got the insurance company to cover her prescription. Despite verifications of her illness from her doctor, her claim was denied repeatedly on the assumption that she really wanted birth control to prevent pregnancy."

65% of female students with medical prescriptions were questioned? 20% never got coverage? Unacceptable.

"Refuse" "Resent" She IS an activist, and she is a liberal. Again, she's entitled to her pov, and you're entitled to disagree. Civilly (as you have done here, not implying otherwise).

Since Obama had backed off, why was Issa holding a hearing on the constitutionality of the issue? He was siding with the Catholics who didn't accept the compromise, right? And since O'care is in the courts, why is a congressional hearing on constitutionality needed before a decision is rendered?
  • jubil8 ... Bill 2012/03/14 22:28:04
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    P.S. "Since Obama had backed off, why was Issa holding a hearing on the constitutionality of the issue? He was siding with the Catholics who didn't accept the compromise, right? And since O'care is in the courts, why is a congressional hearing on constitutionality needed before a decision is rendered?"

I've answered your questions, will you answer mine?
  • Bill jubil8 ... 2012/03/15 00:34:05 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    Sure I will.
    {P.S. "Since Obama had backed off, why was Issa holding a hearing on the constitutionality of the issue?}
    This was not about the constitutionality of O'care but about mandating the Church to cover birth control. (Refer to the title of the hearing.)

{He was siding with the Catholics who didn't accept the compromise, right? }
    He has backed off marginally. He still wants Sibelius to try a 2014 compromise at which time they would come under the mandate. So far, the Church has said, no. Then he set up a trial balloon about the insurers providing it for free. That is a no brainer future fail. He will have to fall back on it via taxpayers or O'care. He has no viable options.

{And since O'care is in the courts, why is a congressional hearing on constitutionality needed before a decision is rendered?"}
    The courts may decide against or FOR him concerning Obama-care. This hearing and its results may exempt the Church in spite of the implementation of ObamaCare. Again, it wasn't about ObamaCare but mandates.

Remember, we have to pass the bill(s) in order to find out what's in it. Ridiculous.
  • jubil8 ... Bill 2012/03/15 04:12:45
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +2
    Thanks.

Just for the record, "we have to pass it to know what's in it" is imo the most incredibly stupid/ridiculous/idiotic political statement ever made. Maybe not -- I don't claim to have made a lifetime study of congressional idiocy.
  • Bill jubil8 ... 2012/03/15 12:54:36
    Bill
    Absolutely.
    I have made a study (left and right) of political idiocy. Here are some.

http://marty4650-spincycle.bl...

During a 2005 visit to the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, Lee asked

"whether the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969." (Armstrong's 1969 mission, of course, was to the Moon, not Mars.)

n 2009, Jackson Lee reintroduced a proposal to amend the Constitution to guarantee the rights of women.

"Twenty-seven other countries, including Rwanda, Afghanistan, Algeria and China have equality provisions,"
  • jubil8 ... Bill 2012/03/15 17:53:39
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +2
    Neil Armstrong didn't really walk on the moon, did he? I thought it was just a typical government hoax. :)

It's really kind of scary that one of America's major cities can keep returning such a dingbat to Congress.
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2012/03/06 19:42:02 (edited)
    IM NOT PAYING FOR ANYONE'S SEX, PERIOD!
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +3
    Rush is right she is a slut. I won't pay for sluts to screw their brains out. Do it on their own money. They should be in congress promoting absence from SEX. This world is so different now. So many entitlements, and this one is outrageous. What next?
  • Anthony... Pearlie... 2012/03/08 02:33:23
    Anthony Sanchez
    +3
    What are you talking about you won't pay a dime.What she is asking is the her school includes contreception in the healthcare plan the ones paying would be the inscruance company.Also she is saying that religious instutions should include contrecepcion in the healthcare plan of there employees or in this case student.Other thing if you would wacth her adress you would notice that she doesn't mention sex at all but states that contraception has other role besides preventing pregancy(which it's bad at all) that helps women with different health problems.So please stop making such blind and miss informed statements.Again if she wants to have sex who are you to say that she can't?Ohh an btw more then 98% of women in this country between the ages of 16-50 use contraception are they whores too and 92% of catholic women do too.
  • Old Salt Anthony... 2012/03/08 05:26:21
  • jubil8 ... Old Salt 2012/03/08 08:20:16
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    That 18-yo male kid got it right, which is more than you did despite your advanced years, Old Salt.
  • Old Salt jubil8 ... 2012/03/08 19:04:58
  • jubil8 ... Old Salt 2012/03/08 20:09:35
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    No, he's not. You said she demanded that "her insurance through the Church pays for it." HE said she wants insurance to include coverage. The students are the ones paying for the insurance.

My objection is to your use of the word "demand," which she NEVER said. Demand... want...include. You do know the 3 words are different, I hope.

What you got, Old Salt, is nada.
  • Old Salt jubil8 ... 2012/03/08 21:53:53
  • Pearlie... Old Salt 2012/03/08 23:41:20
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    Thanks OS...Must be a lib? LOL
  • Pearlie... Anthony... 2012/03/08 23:39:54
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    YOU are the blind one...Talking about pills....
  • Bill Anthony... 2012/03/13 15:51:54
    Bill
    {What she is asking is the her school includes contreception in the healthcare plan }
    *****
    http://www.thegrio.com/specia...
    Under fire from prominent Catholic groups, President Obama will revise a rule his administration created last month that would have required Catholic universities and hospitals to offer their workers health insurance plans that include birth control.

The shift comes after a barrage of criticism from not only Republicans but even some liberal Catholics who argued the original Obama administration policy was an intervention into religious freedom.

” the president said, “We’ve been mindful that there’s another PRINCIPLE at stake here—and that’s the principle of RELIGIOUS liberty, an inalienable right that is ENSHRINED in our Constitution. As a citizen and as a Christian, I cherish this right.”
    *****

The reason Obama reversed his prior decision is because he was getting a lot of political pressure to do so. This was due to the First Amendment "establishment" clause in that he could not force to violate its own tenants regarding birth control. The Church (and related religious affiliates) could not be required to violate it conscience, no matter who paid, even if Fluke wanted them to to save herself $1000 per year.

{she doesn't mention sex at all }

Of course she doe...

*****
    http://www.thegrio.com/specia...

*****

{she doesn't mention sex at all }

Of course she does, even though not explicitly.

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2...

She said:
    Without insurance COVERAGE, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, LIKE ME, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s SALARY. 40% of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they STRUGGLE financially as a result of THIS POLICY.

So, for students "like her", birth control costs too much. If she is NOT having sex, why would she need birth control pills.

http://mountpleasant.patch.co...
    11.2 Million of U.S. women ages 15-44 use oral contraceptives (CDC)

Thus,
    11.2M women * $1000 year/woman = $11.2B/year

http://www.wsws.org/articles/...
    Obama said the coverage would instead be provided and FUNDED by insurance companies.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/...
    The five firms reported $12.2 billion in profits last year, an increase of $4.4 billion, or 56 percent, over 2008.

$12,2B - 11.2B = $1.0B in recognized profits for those insurance companies. Do you REALLY think that the companies would eat $11.2B in profits to provide birth control pills? I think not and neither would Obama (constitutionally) compel them to do so. Since he can't force the Church or the insurance companies to do so, where do you think the money will come from (if birth control pills are to be considered a health mandate)? From the tax payers.

{that helps women with different health problems.}
    In about 14% of the cases. Even she said that.

Fluke said:
    When this exception DOES exist, these exceptions don’t accomplish their well-intended GOALS because when you let university administrators or other employers rather than women and their doctors dictate whose medical needs are legitimate and whose are not, women’s health takes a back seat to a bureaucracy focused on policing her body.

She's saying that there ARE exceptions to the rule if BC pills are needed to treat a medical condition and are not used for birth control.

Fluke said:
    One woman told us doctors believe she has endometriosis, but that can’t be proven without SURGERY. So the insurance has not been willing to cover her medication – the contraception she needs to treat her endometriosis.

Not true. here are the non-surgical or minimally invasive surgeries that can be used for treatment. If endometriosis is determined, the insurance would pay for it. Also, if the doctors only believed she had it, why prescribe medication (BC pills) with out knowing if that was her affliction or not. It's similar to a doctor satin, "I THINK you have diabetes so start taking this insulin right away." Results: Death.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p...
    Signs and tests
    The health care provider will perform a physical exam, including a pelvic exam. Tests that are done to help DIAGNOSE endometriosis include:
    Pelvic exam
    Transvaginal ultrasound
    Pelvic laparoscopy

{Again if she wants to have sex who are you to say that she can't?}
    No one said that she can't have sex; just that she has to provide her own birth control. If you can, point out where anyone said that.

{are they whores too}
    No one said that they were whores because they used BC pills. Where did you get that?
  • Old Salt Pearlie... 2012/03/08 05:28:38
  • Pearlie... Old Salt 2012/03/08 23:44:22
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    Take him behind the shed and teach him a few lessons.. OMG and they never give up.

Sunshine posted an update...Fluke was planted there and she is friends with Pelosi. OMG the libs are all corrupt...
    I will find the link , BRB...

• Old Salt Pearlie... 2012/03/11 04:54:26
  • Pearlie... Old Salt 2012/03/13 02:38:22
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    What? the Obama sock is bitching , but we are not stupid...OMG It is her responsibility . What a scam...
  • jubil8 ... Old Salt 2012/03/13 22:40:17
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Where? California is a pretty big state.

Even if she starts out with one of the top salaries at a NY or DC firm, she'll be a long way from being a 1%er, and you know it. And I haven't seen anyone state where she'll be working after graduation (or, for that matter, whether she has a job -- did you see where some law students at Fordham are suing the school for misleading them about getting good jobs if they went to Fordham?).
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/03/06 05:03:54
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +4
    Personally, I give bureaucrats permission to use my tax dollars to sterilize every liberal that request it.
  • COCO Bureauc... 2012/04/14 04:00:36
    COCO
    +1
    THUMBS UP I concur.
  • rightside 2012/03/05 20:14:57
    IM NOT PAYING FOR ANYONE'S SEX, PERIOD!
    rightside
    +5
    I know that Rush went a little over the line, but I'm frankly appalled that anyone would confront congress about paying for them to have sex!
    To believe that the taxpayers should pay for them to have sex is simply ridiculous.
  • Pearlie... rightside 2012/03/06 19:33:31
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +4
    Remember when Ed Scholtz called Laura Ingarm a slut? they didn't make a big deal, but Rush is another story.
  • rightside Pearlie... 2012/03/06 22:14:55
    rightside
    +3
    Oh so true!!! What about j jackson wanting to cut obama?
    jessie jackson   obama s balls
  • Pearlie... rightside 2012/03/07 03:26:50 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +3
    Yes. J Jackson too.thanks
  • Old Salt Pearlie... 2012/03/08 05:33:03
  • Pearlie... Old Salt 2012/03/13 02:40:26
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    Double standard...The liberals are jokes...Obama should give the money back, but he won't..They never come out to defend Sarah and her kids...and the other conservative classy ladies...They are evil, that is my final answer. Thanks
  • Old Salt Pearlie... 2012/03/13 03:42:18
  • Pearlie... Old Salt 2012/03/14 05:28:13 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    YOU are so right. I know the story of Mosses ..Things are getting bad now , election time. All the socks are coming out of the woodwork.
    They are worried Obama will be gone. YOU are the best. Glad we are friends Dear.
  • Anthony... rightside 2012/03/08 02:36:45
    Anthony Sanchez
    +5
    not to have sex and not the tax payers.
    If you actually hear her statement she doens't mention sex at all but argues the health benefits that contraception gives to women with a medical condition.
  • rightside Anthony... 2012/03/08 04:06:12
    rightside
    +3
    yeah, she's a bama plant put there to act like the conservatives don't care about women. Sorry, all she said was a lie. Women can get contraceptives from many places for free or cheap. It was all a set up.
  • Old Salt rightside 2012/03/08 05:34:32

2014/12/20 08:42:54