Who is more important? A missing white girl or a missing black girl?

Cloudburst 2009/03/31 03:31:54
Black girl is more important
Little White girl is more important
Have you ever noticed that the media will go crazy over a missing white girl and not a black girl?

• Bob-chicka-wow-wow 2009/03/31 03:39:53
    Bob-chicka-wow-wow
    +15
    i also noticed they don't seem to care about kids from major cities, its always some town you never heard of with slow people wearing bad 1980's t -shirts and baseball caps with various logos only seen on farms

• sara Douwie 2011/11/25 15:54:08
    sara Douwie
    PPL STOP BEING SO RACIEST their all humans and their all important
  • mike jones 2010/12/23 17:25:43
    Little White girl is more important
    mike jones
    heres why the white girl would b more important...alot of black ppl live in the inner cities where crime nd dissapearences are a part of everday life as opposed to the suburbs which is predominatly white nd crimes like tht are very rare..therefore they make a bigger deal out of it. if a black girl dissapears from the burbs they blame it on white racism so either way its screwed up
  • Tianna 2009/06/28 15:42:19
    Tianna
    i think both are equally important.... however I have to diagree with the description below the question.... I actually have witnessed the exact opposite....
  • JuJu 2009/06/02 22:00:01
    JuJu
    +1
    The truth is any person missing is important but, in America a black girl missing is just knew news and that's that but, when a white girl is missing it makes it to CNN etc all of the big news channels and it makes the headline news, billboards, milk cartons anywhere known as if a white girl missing is more important than a black girl missing.
  • weregirl703 2009/05/24 03:09:55
    weregirl703
    +1
    why should it matter?theyre both missing little girls!race,color,religion!IT DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KendraJae 2009/04/28 20:09:04
    KendraJae
    +2
    they are equally as important no matter their colour or gender!
    they are children and need to be protected always!!!
  • Nozzghoull 2009/04/08 06:13:57
    Nozzghoull
    +1
    All children are equally important and I want to believe that 99% of us Americans feel that way. I haven't noticed the media where I live to lean towards one or the other. I, and many others, receive amber alerts and other notifications daily, regardless of the childs ethnic background and we treat them all in a serious nature.
  • Stix 2009/04/08 05:59:11
    Stix
    +2
    All children are important and Amber alerts go out for all. It is not just black children that don't get attention as many white, hispanic, etc don't.

Did you ever notice the child that gets all the attention is always really cute. So what a chubby little unattractive girl is not important?

Or you hear someone say "How awful, and she is so cute." I know people don't mean it but it sounds like that fact makes it sadder than the other missing children.

I don't think it is all prejudice as the majority of missing children do not garner media attention. I don't know why very few appear to get mega amounts of attention.
  • Brenda Stix 2009/04/08 06:20:54
    Brenda
    +2
    Stix you could not have said this better.. Thank You so much for saying it stix
  • Joves the Instigator 2009/04/08 03:42:31
    Joves the Instigator
    +2
    Both are just as important as the other is. The media loves to hype it though if they are white and, affluent. If it is a poor white girl then it doesnt catch the headlines either. But yeah the media is just showing their hypocricsy.
  • Iamfree 2009/04/08 03:40:01
    Iamfree
    +3
    Neither is more important than the other, and I don't know where you live, but there have been as many Amber Alerts for black children as which children in our area.
  • Mz.Lautner 2009/04/03 02:04:51
    Mz.Lautner
    +3
    They r both equally important. race doesn't matter
  • julie 2009/04/02 14:44:59
    julie
    +3
    Any missing child is important.
  • Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^ 2009/04/01 21:42:48
    Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^
    +1
    There should be no difference in the importance of finding one over the other.The only reason one might deserve precidence would be if one's life was in immediate danger of being ended and the other wasn't.
  • Honey 2009/04/01 20:32:19
    Little White girl is more important
    Honey
    +4
    A missing child is more important than
    any asinine prejudice! white girl important missing child important asinine prejudice
  • Undecided
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +3
    That's ridiculous! A child is a child...I don't think the media makes any difference...... undecided ridiculous child child media difference
  • The Rock 2009/04/01 16:16:40
    The Rock
    +3
    I have never seen any media take such sides. A missing child know mater what racist they are is a tragedy.
    Pray with these children that all missing children get to find there way home. missing child mater racist tragedy pray children missing children home
  • Stix The Rock 2009/04/08 06:03:09
    Stix
    +1
    Actually a show was done on missing children and it was the really cute little white girl that got nation wide attention. Though Amber Alert puts all missing children and there are plenty of white, hispanic, etc children that go missing and we never hear a word about it unless we are looing for the Amber Alerts.
    +3
    ALL Missing Children are important -- doesn't matter what color their skin is.

THAT is what anyone should be concerned about first - the welfare of the CHILD!
  • Old Poet 2009/04/01 03:08:19
    Old Poet
    +2
    No I've never noticed and a child is a child.anyway. How would I know if the media is not reporting it? That's the only way any of us would know. But then, I wouldn't put anything past the news media in this country. They are a national disgrace. If you know of any specific instances let me know. I am truely interested.
  • ❤ ~ elly ~ ❤ 2009/04/01 01:53:07
    ❤ ~ elly ~ ❤
    +3
    They are both important...

Unfortunately, some people don't care much for what a child has to say...
  • Kay 2009/04/01 01:43:01
    Kay
    +2
    Unbelievable. You are obviously black asking a question like this... shame on you!
  • Cloudburst Kay 2009/04/01 17:36:35
    Cloudburst
    +1
    I'm not black...OMG!
  • Kay Cloudburst 2009/04/01 17:43:53
    Kay
    OMG.. no way! LOL Are you sure?
  • Stix Cloudburst 2009/04/08 06:05:20
    Stix
    You aren't the first to bring this to our attention. Some news show like 60 minutes once did a show on why a few kids made national news when missing and others got a small mention in a newspaper on a back page. So it is a vaid question.
  • woody 2009/04/01 01:41:30
    woody
    +3
    Whats with this color bull shit,children are all the same in the eye's of the LORD!!!! color bull shitchildren eyes lord
  • philip.... woody 2014/08/03 18:17:07
    philip.bradford.3
    +3
    They are not all the same in the eyes of the MSM. Pretty middle- or upper-class white girls will always attract more viewers and readers.
  • Anjirocks 2009/04/01 01:41:10
    Anjirocks
    +4
    Yes i've noticed that and it is very sad, they are both just as important. A child is a child, race doesn't matter, they are all precious to someone and deserve to be protected.
  • Pet Rock Whisperer 2009/04/01 00:19:01
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +2
    No I haven't noticed the media favoring one race over another when it comes to missing children.
  • Stix Pet Roc... 2009/04/08 06:08:13
    Stix
    You haven't? How many black or hispanic children or for that matter how many little chubbly unattractive white girls have you seen on the news day and night with families and friends looking and a bunch of interviews?
  • Pet Roc... Stix 2009/04/08 15:26:48
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    Read my comment. Did I say they do/don't favor anyone? No I didn't.

Remember the good old days when they had milk cartons and they'd put missing kids on em?
  • philip.... Stix 2014/08/03 18:26:02
    philip.bradford.3
    +1
    That's right. Laci Peterson , Chandra Levy, Natalie Holloway, Amber, Adam Walsh...are all household words
    Quick!! Who can name a non-white who vanished in the last ten years?

Crickets....

Alexis Murphy was kidnapped in Virginia, she was black but young and pretty. That's all I can name
  • Racquel 2009/04/01 00:07:47
    Racquel
    +2
    Niether, I'm still trying to find Jesus. They keep telling me I need to find Jesus. I told them that they need to start putting him back where they found him when they get done with him, but they don't do it and then I am always the one that has to keep going out and trying to find him again!!!

All kidding aside......Niether is more important than the other. They are both children of God and equally important and equally special. Unless you had some information to believe that one may be in more immediate danger than the other for some reason, then they would both need to be found ASAP!
  • Rent 2009/04/01 00:07:27
    Rent
    +2
    A child is a child is a child!
    no matte4 what race is...
  • GinaHML 2009/03/31 23:04:24
    GinaHML
    +3
    A child is a child is a child!
    It's always tragic and always a cause for grave concern!
    When any child is not returned safely, it's utterly heart breaking.
  • Brenda 2009/03/31 22:49:35
    Brenda
    +2
    There shouldn't be any difference.. But I think there is. and it is not right PERIOD
  • Fordy Freedom Fighter 2009/03/31 22:03:39
    Fordy Freedom Fighter
    +5
    Why try and stir up race by questions such as this??
    I have seen some kids on the news more, and it didn't have anything to do with color,,,,
    More circumstances,,,is the reason....for more Pr from the press
  • Cloudburst Fordy F... 2009/03/31 22:08:10
    Cloudburst
    +1
    racism should be candidly discussed. no cowering here!
  • bob Fordy F... 2009/03/31 22:23:00 (edited)
    bob
    +2
    And who seems to always stir the pot 1st ??? ........Bad Lib, Bad !! stir pot 1st lib
  • Stix bob 2009/04/08 06:12:29
    Stix
    How is this stirring the pot? Programs have been done on this very thing. Discussing subjects never stir up the pot unless people are interjecting lies into a discussion..

2014/09/02 12:02:18