Who is Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson and what isn't the MSM telling us now ..

Arizona1950 2012/07/01 16:57:29
Gary Johnson has twice the gubernatorial experience of Mitt Romney, and he governed in a state a little closer to the political center. He has more experience than Barack Obama did when he ran for president in 2008. Johnson was permitted to debate in one of the many Republican match-ups, and did quite well (which makes you wonder why he was only invited to one).

A poll by the group "We Ask America" released on June 26 in Colorado shows a neck-and-neck race between Johnson and Obama. Obama leads 46 percent to 43 percent in this Western swing state, but it is within the margin of error. That makes this Rocky Mountain state a toss-up, right? But Johnson wasn't listed in the headlines of the poll.

It's the same story with a Rasmussen Reports poll. The June survey of Colorado voters shows both candidates knotted at 45 percent in the Centennial State. Johnson isn't mentioned.

When the Public Policy Polling results from June shows Obama with a 49 percent to 42 percent lead include Johnson in the mix the results show Obama leads 47 percent to 39 percent in Colorado, with Johnson picking up 7 percent points.

Now PPP polls lean left the way Rasmussen leans right. But they don't lean libertarian. Johnson's strength, where he is best known, could be a factor.

No doubt in my mind at all on who I am voting for should RP not get the nomination. Romney can't beat Obama and people should wake up! All he can do is outspend him.

• DDogbreath 2012/07/01 17:17:54
    I'm voting Gary Johnson if RP doesn't get the nod.
    DDogbreath
    +12
    Because the main stream media "news" lies to everyone. A lie is a lie whether it is reporting incorrect information or omitting it. They want to elect another president for us. If you can not see this you are blind.

This is what I think about MSM "news" and the "Ron Paul Blackout"

information omitting elect president blind msm news ron paul blackout

• Arizona... beavith1 2012/07/03 01:24:30
    Arizona1950
    Then don't vote for Romney if you want Obama gone ... even Obama is now saying Romney agrees with him.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. " ~ Mark Twain
  • beavith1 Arizona... 2012/07/03 02:29:56
    beavith1
    +1
    Obama HAS to say that. I could swear that I heard Romney say that Obamacare would be repealed on his first day. Yep. just flipping past Fox, he was standing there with the capitol rotunda in the background, he said just that.

who do we believe? the liar in chief? or the guy that he has to muddy?

really. i get it. in our earlier conversation, i could have sworn that you said that you'd write in RP under any circumstance. to see you talk about voting Johnson shows that you are moving.

i can't imagine you ever saying 'anyone but Obama' but as we get closer to November, maybe a second, even more disastrous Obama term, will be so awful to consider, that you'd hold your nose and vote Romney.

who knows? maybe he WILL work out...
  • Arizona... beavith1 2012/07/03 02:36:55
    Arizona1950
    You do know he flip-flopped on that don't you?

Here's a headline from an Obama - left wing article. I don't think there is any way in hell Romney can beat Obama ... I think he's been a shill all along and he was probably too dumb or arrogant to see it ...

"Romney Adviser Agrees With Obama: Individual Mandate Is Not A Tax"

For once, the Obama administration and the Romney campaign seem to agree: the mandate in the Affordable Care Act is a penalty, not a tax.

On MSNBC’s “The Daily Rundown” this morning, Romney’s senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom — best known for his “Etch a Sketch” gaffe — was grilled by host Chuck Todd over Romney’s true beliefs on the individual mandate. Fehrnstrom talked around the point for a few minutes, but he finally relented and gave away the game:

FEHRNSTROM: The governor believes that what we put in place in Massachusetts was a penalty and he disagrees with the court’s ruling that the mandate was a tax.

TODD: But he agrees with the president that it is not — and he believes that you should not call the tax penalty a tax, you should call it a penalty or a fee or a fine?

FEHRNSTROM: That’s correct.

read and see more here ... http://www.nationalmemo.com/w...

In order to be truely open-minded and informed you have to listen to the other side too. To vote p...

FEHRNSTROM: That’s correct.

In order to be truely open-minded and informed you have to listen to the other side too. To vote party for party's sake in today's economy is insanity.
  • beavith1 Arizona... 2012/07/03 03:10:36
    beavith1
    +1
    sure. he struggles thanks to Romneycare. i think its less a flip flop than a realization that Romneycare might be a failure, but that Obamacare surely is.

i'm not getting into what Chief Justice Roberts dreamed up. a meaningless distinction about a bill that should have been killed outright.

i'm still left to take Romney at his word. Obamacare is dead on day one...
  • Arizona... beavith1 2012/07/03 03:21:10
    Arizona1950

I don't for the life me understand how you can keep defending him ... is there Romulan kool-aid now being passed out to those who refuse to see that the DEM/GOP Progressive Socialist Party are one in the same. Anyone they support will stay the course of taking down America for profit.
  • Arizona... Arizona... 2012/07/04 02:37:57
  • beavith1 Arizona... 2012/07/07 00:17:29
    beavith1
    yep. and two days later that was retracted. i suspect that Robert's ruling has everyone, right AND left, confused...
  • Gregaj7 2012/07/02 20:00:35
    +4
    The Nefarious Elitists are paying way too close of attention to allow a third-party candidate to get anywhere near the WH, unless they are a tourist.
    I'm also expecting the Federal Gov't to collapse, economically, between the RNC and the General "Election".
  • Arizona... Gregaj7 2012/07/03 01:25:25
    Arizona1950
    Your vote ... make it count or don't.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
    ~ Mark Twain
  • Gregaj7 Arizona... 2012/07/03 01:40:19
    +1
    AZ, you've seem to miss the point that I've been trying to make here for a couple of years: United States citizens don't decide ANYTHING on the federal level. If nothing else, please see "Hacking Democracy".
    I've also tried to get you to watch a 3min-39sec video with a better explanation of what's really going on, but insist on participating in the 'militarily-held democracy' that isn't design to run from the bottom-up.
    As for the Mark Twain quote, I'm well ahead of that curve.
  • Striker Gregaj7 2012/07/03 13:50:15
    Striker
    +1
    I agree, collapse is before us. When? now that's still a mystery to me.
  • steven 2012/07/02 19:33:28
    steven
    +4
    No matter who gets the nod, he will only become the president of a corporation known as the UNITED STATES, not the legitimate republic, which was left empty 150 years when the south walked out. It was reinhabited in 2010 and we have a new president, duly elected, who is NOT Barack Obama. http://republicfortheunitedst... It is entirely lawful, but the MS will never tell you of this.
  • Arizona... steven 2012/07/03 01:28:29
    Arizona1950
    +1
    ~ Mark Twain
  • Gregaj7 Arizona... 2012/07/03 18:54:49
    And your point?!?
  • Arizona... Gregaj7 2012/07/04 01:53:02
  • Gregaj7 Arizona... 2012/07/04 02:22:50
    This presumes that I have a "Party", which I do not. In your graphic, "parties" is misspelled, as it should be "party's" (possessive of the 'corruption'). The originator of the graphic needs to go get a class in English grammar.
  • Arizona... Gregaj7 2012/07/04 02:30:36
    Arizona1950
    Ahhh another spelling nazi.
  • Gregaj7 Arizona... 2012/07/04 02:50:32
    It's called responsible competency. If THAT makes me a BLEEP, so much the better. Yet another "badge" I wear with Honor.
  • Arizona... Gregaj7 2012/07/04 06:36:27 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    Whatever floats your boat ... now leave me alone.
  • Gregaj7 Arizona... 2012/07/04 16:37:04
    I'll do that when you've shown some bleeping competency. As long as you post fiction like you've been doing, I'll be here to rebut every bit of it.
    way too little 4 years too late. Get lost Onbamaite
  • Arizona... jackola... 2012/07/03 01:29:49
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Sometimes your lack of knowledge astounds me ... What's worse even when you are shown to be wrong you continue on this same mantra as if there is absolutely nothing between your ears.

~ Mark Twain
  • Scout 2012/07/02 15:45:33
    Scout
    +2
    The system chooses acceptable candidates.
  • klausd11 2012/07/02 06:42:59
    klausd11
    +5
    Ron Paul is the best candidate. But if he's not nominated and a write-in doesn't get counted, Gary Johnson is the best available choice. I think he's a good guy without the in-depth understanding of the economy that RP possesses.
  • Charles E klausd11 2012/07/02 19:54:20
    Charles E
    +1
    Gary still knows considerably more about any economy than Obama.
    Perhaps not more than Romney, but still the better qualified candidate overall.
  • Arizona... Charles E 2012/07/03 01:36:34
    Arizona1950
    +2
    He known more than Romney ... Johnson is a successful two-term governor who did cut spending and government for the state of NM
  • Arizona... klausd11 2012/07/03 01:35:31
    Arizona1950
    +2
    :-)

~ Mark Twain
  • Striker klausd11 2012/07/03 13:45:01
    Striker
    +2
    Gary has MORE depth of understanding than RP, except perhaps in the arena of TheFed. Like you, I'll hang in there with Paul until he's definitely kicked under the bus, but when that happens it's Gary Johnson all the way home..
  • Arizona... Striker 2012/07/04 01:55:11
    Arizona1950
    +1
    I bow to your knowledge and wisdom ... however I feel Paul has him beat in experience and believe Paul whether directly or indirectly has been his mentor.
  • Striker Arizona... 2012/07/04 03:11:37
    Striker
    +1
    I'll pass on any comparisons of Paul vs Johnson, they serve no purpose. Paul may well be a man without a party, as the RINO's won't support him and the smaller bunch of Rep conservatives seem kinda lost now and have little going their way. It's a melluvahess no matter how we look at it. I will definitely support Paul if he gets the Rep nomination, but otherwise Johnson is the only way to go. At least with either of them we won't be voting for the lesser of evils; I just can't DO that!

Another problem is the Tea Party's "admin Rev Larry W." - I hope you caught his blistering long putdown against Ron Paul on PAN, which sure doesn't help us at the TP. That pretty well turned me off on them! But I digress.
  • Arizona... Striker 2012/07/04 03:25:25 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    +1
    No I didn't catch it ... but from the beginning of the GOP embracing the Grassroots Movement by re-naming it the Tea Party and then calling it the Tea Party Express, Paul's message has been convoluted to those who don't know the difference. That's why we saw Bachmann and others being backed by the "Tea Party" in the beginning.
  • Striker Arizona... 2012/07/04 03:39:24
    Striker
    +1
    It was a couple of months back, I suppose some digging would bring it up. I wrote my objections in reply, and found myself blocked out by some monitor guy. I've not been back there since.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/07/02 03:38:00
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +5
    At this time I am considering voting for him.
  • Arizona... ☆stillt... 2012/07/02 05:21:59
    Arizona1950
    +5
    :-) ... good choice if RP doesn't get the nomination. Infact the only choice if you wish to restore our Republic.
  • Roger47 2012/07/02 01:43:16
    Roger47
    +1
    Gary Johnson is too good and too honest to get elected. It is a shame.
  • Arizona... Roger47 2012/07/02 03:00:01
    Arizona1950
    +6
    I hear the same thing said about Paul ... so you are saying the American voter it too stupid and crooked to get it right. Hmmm ....
  • Roger47 Arizona... 2012/07/02 03:18:16
    Roger47
    +1
    The media is ignoring both. And right wing talk radio only supports the extremists, so they won't even get a mention there either.
  • Arizona... Roger47 2012/07/02 05:23:13
    Arizona1950
    +4
    So ... you know the truth ... pass it on. Otherwise you are part of the problem of apathy in this country.
  • Striker 2012/07/02 01:20:29
    Striker
    +5
    Good post, AZ. Knowing how diligently you worked for RP, to watch you make the switch so well is a pleasure.
  • Arizona... Striker 2012/07/02 03:01:38
    Arizona1950
    +5
    Striker ... I've learned a lot from friends like you. I had the direction just needed better focus ... thanks. :-)

2014/10/31 00:10:05